game mechanics right

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

BADGER305 #1 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 08:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8204 battles
So how's this stupid tank blinking in and out working for everyone and I'm going to say this I still remember pong and playing pong anyone remember that game it was the first of these types of games you play on a screen  .  I've also  been working on and repairing computers and robotics for the last 25 years .So if you can imagine I'm  interested in all that people have to say about how this is an arcade game and that crap or that's normal for tanks to blink in and out yeah I remember  on the battle field we would see a enemy tank and when we were locked on the dam thing would blink off and on some kind of camouflage I guess hu .  

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 12:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44477 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

I doubt the robotics and computers bit, they require critical thinking skills, something omitted from this post.

There are a set of mechanics called "spotting mechanics" and you'd do well to do a little bit of reading on them.  

Pipinghot #3 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 13:34

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostBADGER305, on Mar 19 2019 - 02:09, said:

So how's this stupid tank blinking in and out working for everyone and I'm going to say this I still remember pong and playing pong anyone remember that game it was the first of these types of games you play on a screen  .  I've also  been working on and repairing computers and robotics for the last 25 years .So if you can imagine I'm  interested in all that people have to say about how this is an arcade game and that crap or that's normal for tanks to blink in and out yeah I remember  on the battle field we would see a enemy tank and when we were locked on the dam thing would blink off and on some kind of camouflage I guess hu .  

After 8k battles it's time for you to learn how the game works, the wiki is your friend.

Desert_Fox_1969 #4 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 13:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 32419 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBADGER305, on Mar 19 2019 - 02:09, said:

First off this is a arcade game and not a simulation. 

2nd: We are not playing with 'modern computerized weapons systems' where you lock onto a target and forget about it.

Spotting mechanic works as intended. Maybe read up on it first. 

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 14345 battles

View / Spotting / Camo mechanics... learn them thoroughly... then use them correctly.

Doing the above will give you a new-found appreciation for how well thought out, and well tested and implemented they are.

BattlecryGWJ #6 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 15:42

Major

• Players
  • 35331 battles
  • [RSRDD] RSRDD

I'll just leave this here for you...

http://wiki.wargamin...nics#Visibility

Awestryker #7 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 17:34

Major

• Players
  • 25861 battles

View PostBattlecryGWJ, on Mar 19 2019 - 09:42, said:

I'll just leave this here for you...

http://wiki.wargamin...nics#Visibility

^^^^^....OP, this...watch that video, learn it, live it, enjoy the game more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users