Update 1.4.1 is here!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Mar 19 2019 - 20:18

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14859 battles
  • [WGA] WGA
Check out all the details for update 1.4.1, including Random Rewards and Blueprints

Jaspo #2 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 02:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31208 battles

View PostJaspo, on Mar 18 2019 - 23:26, said:

...Unfortunately what I'm seeing is very disappointing. Basically I'm seeing Wargaming do a repeat on the bond silliness...and by that I mean just the bond earning in regular battles, excluding them being used as rewards for anything. The silliness I'm referring to is that the payout is so miniscule that the time, effort, and expense spent by the Wargaming team to implement the system into the game is/was pointless.

Obviously the first unlock on the test server was just a freebie to let players see what it looks like. I've now played a few more games on the server, some with very good results, and the unlock indicator has remained unfazed. Meaning, it's probably fair to assume it may take 50 or so battles for a single crate to unlock, and that might be an optimistic assumption. So let's do the math here.

A tier 10 full unlock, luck aside. 12 frags and 4 nation frags. First of all, there's not even guaranteed to be any blueprints in an unlocked crate. So let's bump that battle count to 100 battles per fragment.

1200 battles for those 12 multipurpose frags. Now, the 4 nation frags. We have how many countries now? Oh, 11. That's nice. so you'll probably need 44 national fragments before you get 4 of the nation you need, so that is another 4400 battles or so. So potentially upwards of 5,500 battles to unlock a tier 10 tank. Hmm. And the informational posts and videos made it look so slick and immediate, right?

Now, it's nice that it's a thing that adds at least a tiny bit of an ability to grind faster, but really. For the effort put into implementing it, like bonds, it should've been a much more robust, noticeable, and worthwhile feature. They could've gotten a good start at making a 2nd frontline map in the time it's taking them to add this nothing-ish sort of a thing.

P0WERWAG0N #3 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 03:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 48561 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
so where are the blue prints? if it is here, then how come i have not gotten a single thing yet?

heavymetal1967 #4 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 03:33

Major

• Players
  • 72629 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostP0WERWAG0N, on Mar 19 2019 - 21:26, said:

so where are the blue prints? if it is here, then how come i have not gotten a single thing yet?

Update hits tomorrow.

filodrac #5 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 09:57

Private

• Players
  • 8619 battles
  • [XDOGX] XDOGX

Is the update going on right now? I cant access the game.

BoomBait #6 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 10:16

Private

• Players
  • 7633 battles

Looks like it as I am also unable to connect to the server.

Edited by BoomBait, Mar 20 2019 - 10:16.

IKEWIN #7 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 10:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34370 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

PFFT wargaming. More rewards for campers. 

I intend on playing less Random Battle because of the number of campers. Like the videos showing tanks attacking moving and rolling. Where are the one of the tanks running to the rocks and bushes behind the spawn to mine and farm their frontline team mates?

LOL more rewards for the cowards who hid in the back. I do not like it already just more crap to navigate and less focus on solving the real problem in this game the disgrace and dishonour of wargaming sanctioned and rewarded "camping", "farming" and "mining".

IKEWINt

IKEWIN #8 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 10:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34370 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

Sorry wargaming but this is kind of a running joke now. Your avoiding the issue. Adding more to a broken game will not fix it.

Sorry I intend on withdrawing from this game. Nothing in a video I watched showed the true nature of play in this game. I found the promotional video misleading. Will there be rewards for courage under fire? Look like more rewards for "hiding in the Bush 500 meter behind the frontline to me.

IKEWIN

IKEWIN #9 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 10:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34370 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

I see the moderator of this channel is himself a camper. I look and see you only play tds. He is a purple TD player. My point exactly. 

Play TD's and Arty to have a high PR and the wargaming staff are campers.

Wake up wargaming more rewards for bad behaviour is not a good idea.

IKEWIN

IKEWIN #10 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 11:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34370 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

DOMO

why do you play so many TDs is that because you use them to raise your PR. Is the TD by nature not a "backline" vechicle?

Why does war gaming show so many videos of tanks attacking in groups on the move? I ask this because my experience in the North American Server is nothing like the video ever. I am pretty sure less than 20% of the player play the way your promotional videos show the game play, so whay do you not show all the players hiding at the back mining and farming damage from their team mates?

You know customers do not like being mislead right?

IKEWIN

xtc_ryder #11 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 16991 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 07:30, said:

Random nonsense....

IKEWIN

This guy is the new Sir Eric.....I can't wait for the upcoming discussion about 'periscopes'. 

Taylor3006 #12 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3014 battles
I am a new player and not a particularly good one but even I don't have problems researching new tanks or getting up the tech tree. Not sure why this is seen as a problem other than there are not enough players at higher tiers. IMHO the big stumbling block is crew training, not tank research. Getting a decently trained crew takes a ridiculous amount of time and is why I have stopped bothering getting higher tiered tanks and focused on crew training. 

Scrawnybeaver #13 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:12

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13744 battles

View PostTaylor3006, on Mar 20 2019 - 13:50, said:

I am a new player and not a particularly good one but even I don't have problems researching new tanks or getting up the tech tree. Not sure why this is seen as a problem other than there are not enough players at higher tiers. IMHO the big stumbling block is crew training, not tank research. Getting a decently trained crew takes a ridiculous amount of time and is why I have stopped bothering getting higher tiered tanks and focused on crew training. 

For a new player, that is a very insightful comment.  I agree totally with you.   Crew training is slow, slow, slow and getting up the tech tree actually hinders it unless you pay with gold for retraining. 

I have found some ways of speeding up crew training but it still takes me 30 days at about 12 battles a day to get a new crew a couple of skills/perks which I consider the minimum necessary.  I wish WG introduced faster ways to train crews as well though.  Free personnel reserve (those you get in missions) do not help much given how many XP are required for the 2nd or 3rd skill.

Enroh #14 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 15:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25392 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

hey @domo where are the map change details? They are announced but not described anywhere :pepehands:

Maps:

Fixed some issues on the following maps:

1. Ensk
  2. Westfield
  3. Fisherman's Bay
  4. Mountain Pass
  5. Serene Coast
  6. Paris
  7. Pilsen
  8. Glacier
  9. Hinterland
  10. Widepark

Deputy276 #15 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 15:37

Major

• Players
  • 20403 battles
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ

View PostTaylor3006, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:50, said:

Agree with this 100%. Well said Taylor. ;)

Blueprints: Isn't this something that Armored Warfare has had for a few months now? Maybe for different reasons, but WG could have at least changed the name. And what good is it to win blueprints for a tank you already own? Talk about a total waste. Would it be that hard for WG to program it for tanks you DON'T own? 

To the guy complaining about TDs "camping"...do you rush forward into the middle of the fray in a TD with a fixed gun? How about those TDs with thin skins or that can barely turn around? Do you rush into the middle of a battle in them? Because I doubt it very much. You are talking like a fool when you call TDs "campers". They are SNIPERS. They pick an effective location and stay there. Or they move after shooting to keep arty from blasting them. By their very nature and design, TDs are NOT front line fighters. How in the heck can you have 32k+ battles and NOT know this? Almost sounds like you are playing on big brother's computer and account. :sceptic:

Edited by Deputy276, Mar 20 2019 - 15:38.

Enroh #16 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 15:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25392 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

View PostDeputy276, on Mar 20 2019 - 08:37, said:

To the guy complaining about TDs "camping"...do you rush forward into the middle of the fray in a TD with a fixed gun? How about those TDs with thin skins or that can barely turn around? Do you rush into the middle of a battle in them? Because I doubt it very much. You are talking like a fool when you call TDs "campers". They are SNIPERS. They pick an effective location and stay there. Or they move after shooting to keep arty from blasting them. By their very nature and design, TDs are NOT front line fighters. How in the heck can you have 32k+ battles and NOT know this? Almost sounds like you are playing on big brother's computer and account. :sceptic:

there are some TDs that do accel at being played aggro...tier 8 chinese TD for example, 268v4 (though not as bad as before), JP2 is best played as a medium (if you camp in this you deserve to be shot by your parents in the face), and many others. Heck even SkorpG can be played aggro on the frontline if you are good enough. As can the Grille. Top tier the E25 can also be played as an assault vehicle. So many examples that make your comment invalid. It also shows that with your mindset why you are just so very very bad at the game. I suggest you not tell others how to play tanks until you get better, much much better.

FrontenacDuVandoo #17 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 16:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17020 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

View PostTaylor3006, on Mar 20 2019 - 07:50, said:

Sorry, but you don't have any high tier tech tree tanks. That's why you don't see how long a grind some of the tanks require.

Eliting a tier VI is still within reasonable amounts of xp. When you get to tier VIII the amounts involved inflate a lot more. Any help there is welcomed.

For comparison:

T-34-85 at tier VI: 64,485 xp to unlock all the modules, 53,000 to unlock the next tank.

T-44 at tier VIII: 173,115 xp to unlock all the modules, 142,000 to unlock the T-54, 142,950 to unlock the Obj.430.

I'll take any help I can get with the high tiers.

Otherwise the faster you can elite a tank the quicker you can turn on "Accelerated crew training". So this will enable us to to train our crew a bit faster.

tod914 #18 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 16:19

Major

• Players
  • 64664 battles

In this patch, Wargaming removed the research xp on researched tanks from the tech tree.  When you place your mouse over a researched tank now, it only shows combat xp and sale/purchase price.  I like to reference that on occasion.  See if they can bring that back.

Thanks.

SquishySupreme #19 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 16:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3657 battles

I noticed something disturbing, given the low drop rates and loot box type rarity mechanics.

IF you already have a tank researched, it gives you fragment.  So instead of getting a blueprint piece to swap 1:1 as they seemed to suggest , you get 1/4th - 1/8th of a blueprint piece "fragment" instead.  The symbology clearly shows you getting a fragment in return, but when you then hover over a tank you don't already own, there is a conversion rate for fragments to a specific actual blueprint piece.

By my math, if you already have a tank line mostly researched, it would take 24-40 pieces from tanks you *already* own.  This means that the more tanks you actually have researched, the worse your return is.  Maybe someone can double-check my math here, but this is what I'm seeing when I check the tech tree.

Edited by SquishySupreme, Mar 20 2019 - 16:47.

Devil__Anse #20 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 18:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users