Frontline - Take your time and get more points

Frontline Fast Cap Fast battle Time extended Longer battles More Points Frontline Exp

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

MakersMike #1 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 10:45

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3613 battles

I think players are starting to get it, but fast capping and destroying the objectives as fast as possible does nothing but earn you and your team less points. I was in quite a few battles in which everyone rushed and we won quickly but we had no Generals, one Major, some Captains but mostly Lieutenants.  There were even some battles that we didn't even have a Major at the end.  

But on other teams with strategy, we could have destroyed the final objectives easily, but we delayed them and decided as a team to farm more damage first.  It earned all of us a lot more points and better rankings.  On other teams, we were defending and time was about to expire so we let the attacking team capture a base so time would be extended and again we all earned a lot more points and got better ranks because of it.  

I know ending a battle quickly will get you into another quickly, but I think it's a more efficient way to gain exp and rank when you do it all in longer battles, as opposed to having quick battles, waiting in the que and doing another quick battle. Less Que time = more battle time and more points.

Do you all agree, or am I missing something?

da_Rock002 #2 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 10:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 8952 battles

So how did you get 30 players to work together?

How many actually did work together?

IKEWIN #3 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 11:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

Your kidding right. Take your time and lose. What a joke. 

Camping is not the point of frontline. The idea is to win not to mine and farm your team mates. Your a farming I totally disagree with your and that is why I am stopping paying for wargaming product to protest their reward of what your talking about.

Attacker want to win as soon as possible. Your statement shows clearly your a camper.

IKEWIN

IKEWIN #4 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 11:22

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI
This statement contradict the rules of the game. 

S_H_A_U_N #5 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 11:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36260 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

The goal in frontline is to get GENERAL, when will everyone get that??????????????????????

ElfMagi2 #6 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 11:45

Captain

• Players
  • 58261 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 05:21, said:

Camping is not the point of frontline. The idea is to win not to mine and farm your team mates. Your a farming I totally disagree with your and that is why I am stopping paying for wargaming product to protest their reward of what your talking about.

Attacker want to win as soon as possible. Your statement shows clearly your a camper.

IKEWIN

It's players like you that don't understand the rules.

You can play however you want, I am fine with that, but you gain more by ranking up.

I would rather lose and make General than win only making Captain.

General has a 200% multiplier to xp and 1200 rank points whereas Captain has 50% multiplier and only 600 rank points.

Winning is great and all but I would rather save time by playing less battles.

For me it is pointless to destroy all Objectives when there is still 10 mins left. Kill 2 then wait until the timer is at least under 4 mins to start on the last one and don't kill it until under 2 mins.

Atragon #7 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 11:54

Major

• Players
  • 42796 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 05:22, said:

This statement contradict the rules of the game. 

Where have you come from ?

IKEWIN #8 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostAtragon, on Mar 20 2019 - 11:54, said:

I come from a place where fighting on the frontline is honourable and hiding in the back with the baggage and cooks is cowardice.

445 meter from the combat is not the frontline. if you hide in the back your a disgrace and a dishonour.

LOL camp ON

IKEWIN #9 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostElfMagi2, on Mar 20 2019 - 11:45, said:

It's players like you that don't understand the rules.

You can play however you want, I am fine with that, but you gain more by ranking up.

I would rather lose and make General than win only making Captain.

General has a 200% multiplier to xp and 1200 rank points whereas Captain has 50% multiplier and only 600 rank points.

Winning is great and all but I would rather save time by playing less battles.

For me it is pointless to destroy all Objectives when there is still 10 mins left. Kill 2 then wait until the timer is at least under 4 mins to start on the last one and don't kill it until under 2 mins.

it is players likeme who totally understand the rules and that your just finding a way around them.

The goal of the game is to win. Destroy 3 objectives if your the attacker. Defend till time runs out if your the defender.

Where in those rules does it say mine damage from your team mates and hide in the back?

Sorry buddy clearly your not very good with words. Cause you should look up the definition of "frontline combat". 

Also go to the promotional video of wargaming at watch what they say the goal is.

Now the mechanics have a flaw that the campers say are the rules they can exploit at the expense of their team mates. No where in the rule did I read the goal of frontline was to take as long as possible to mine and farm as much damage possible from your team mates.

I am one of those people who take the objectives early and fight to the end to hold C. So you know exactly what I think of the campers in this game. Best game to date was the destruction of 3 objectives with 15 minutes plus left on the clock. Now that was team work.

Farming and mining are a cowards way.

IKEWIN

Edited by IKEWIN, Mar 20 2019 - 12:08.

ElfMagi2 #10 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:07

Captain

• Players
  • 58261 battles
  • [AIMED] AIMED

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:00, said:

I come from a place where fighting on the frontline is honourable and hiding in the back with the baggage and cooks is cowardice.

445 meter from the combat is not the frontline. if you hide in the back your a disgrace and a dishonour.

LOL camp ON

The OP never said anything about camping.

He is saying fight more and not end the battle with excess time on the clock.

In the end EVERYONE will make more prolonging the battle until the last few minutes.

That means waiting a little longer to destroy the Objectives and letting Attackers cap when the clock is running down.

TommyBuns #11 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17277 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:00, said:

LOL camp ON

Do you realize that unlike last year, you don't get any additional exp. or credits for winning? The longer the game goes on, and the more damage you inflict/kills you get the more credits and exp. you acquire? Don't yell at the guys trying to point this out you, yell at Wargaming who took away any incentive to win.

IKEWIN #12 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostAtragon, on Mar 20 2019 - 11:54, said:

Here let me help you understand the goals and objectives of the game.

Objectives:

• The attackers should break through the defense and destroy at least 3 out of 5 pillboxes on the enemy territory.
  • The defenders should repel enemy attacks until the battle timer elapses.

MakersMike #13 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3613 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 02:21, said:

IKEWIN

Apparently, you are highly confused.  Nowhere in my statement did I say to lose.  Nor did I say to camp.  Quite the opposite.  My entire point was to farm more damage once you have a win secured, and to make use of all the cap points that you can.  And again, to farm damage and cap points at the end of games is not to camp but to be aggressive and attack the enemy. 

If you cap A and D with the other caps still open, then rush to the objectives, you're missing out on a lot of points for those other caps you should go get.  By design, Frontline rewards you for capping and defending cap, or destroying or defending the objectives more than for victory itself. Both sides get generously rewarded because they don't want to penalize the losing team since there are so many variables.  The end result should be the same.  A win by destroying the objectives.  The only difference being how many points and rank increases can you receive during the battle.  

The entire point of Frontline is to advance in rank, tier level and prestige to get more money and reach more levels for the great rewards.  You don't increase prestige levels based on wins.  therefore, the best way to progress is to achieve the most points possible in battle.  But again, it is usually only when you're headed for a win that you're able to dictate this.  If you have the win in hand, get the most points possible that are out there for you to get and you get the best of both worlds.  Pride for the win, and better progression.  

This is the opposite of camping.  It is being aggressive and taking advantage of all the points possible on the battle field.  Let me make it simpler for you.  Imagine if you hit a home run in baseball, and you could just step on home plate and it counts.  But if you round all of the bases, you get greater rewards and much more money for each base you step on.  Would you round the bases?  Or would you just step on home plate to make the game go by faster?

IKEWIN #14 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 20 2019 - 12:07, said:

Do you realize that unlike last year, you don't get any additional exp. or credits for winning? The longer the game goes on, and the more damage you inflict/kills you get the more credits and exp. you acquire? Don't yell at the guys trying to point this out you, yell at Wargaming who took away any incentive to win.

Pretty sure the goal on defense is not to run away.

View PostS_H_A_U_N, on Mar 20 2019 - 11:42, said:

The goal in frontline is to get GENERAL, when will everyone get that??????????????????????

Not.

Objectives:

• The attackers should break through the defense and destroy at least 3 out of 5 pillboxes on the enemy territory.

The goal of the Unicum camping/mining community maybe what you said.

TommyBuns #15 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17277 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:19, said:

Pretty sure the goal on defense is not to run away.

Not.

Objectives:

The goal of the Unicum camping/mining community maybe what you said.

Who said anything about running away?

IKEWIN #16 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:21

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 20 2019 - 12:18, said:

Apparently, you are highly confused.  Nowhere in my statement did I say to lose.  Nor did I say to camp.  Quite the opposite.  My entire point was to farm more damage once you have a win secured, and to make use of all the cap points that you can.  And again, to farm damage and cap points at the end of games is not to camp but to be aggressive and attack the enemy. 

If you cap A and D with the other caps still open, then rush to the objectives, you're missing out on a lot of points for those other caps you should go get.  By design, Frontline rewards you for capping and defending cap, or destroying or defending the objectives more than for victory itself. Both sides get generously rewarded because they don't want to penalize the losing team since there are so many variables.  The end result should be the same.  A win by destroying the objectives.  The only difference being how many points and rank increases can you receive during the battle.  

The entire point of Frontline is to advance in rank, tier level and prestige to get more money and reach more levels for the great rewards.  You don't increase prestige levels based on wins.  therefore, the best way to progress is to achieve the most points possible in battle.  But again, it is usually only when you're headed for a win that you're able to dictate this.  If you have the win in hand, get the most points possible that are out there for you to get and you get the best of both worlds.  Pride for the win, and better progression.  

This is the opposite of camping.  It is being aggressive and taking advantage of all the points possible on the battle field.  Let me make it simpler for you.  Imagine if you hit a home run in baseball, and you could just step on home plate and it counts.  But if you round all of the bases, you get greater rewards and much more money for each base you step on.  Would you round the bases?  Or would you just step on home plate to make the game go by faster?

I totally understand your a camper who uses teamamtes

and you did not read the wargaming regulations. here I cut and pasted them for you from the wargaming website.

Objectives:

What you are suggesting is a violation of these objectives and can only lead to loss to the team. So how can it be the goal? Wasting time. Your just one of the people who hides 445 meters from the frontline to mine and farm as much damage as you can while your team mates take all the hits.

That is what I think.

IKEWIN

Edited by IKEWIN, Mar 20 2019 - 12:23.

IKEWIN #17 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

Wasting time in frontline on attack is a bad idea.

Eating up the clock on defense is a good idea.

Hiding behind the objectives and zones is a bad idea. You have to get in there to win in front line. Campers are only riding on the coat tails of the people on the frontline. I can send you all the film of how your suggestion is a fail.

Your statement contradict the rules of the game.

Objectives:

IKEWIN #18 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 20 2019 - 12:20, said:

Who said anything about running away?

OMG that's all they do. I am not blind I am prestige 2 I fought a lot to get there. I saw enough running. I have sent over 50 films of running  and cowardice in frontline. lol

TommyBuns #19 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17277 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:21, said:

I totally understand your a camper who uses teamamtes

and you did not read the wargaming regulations. here I cut and pasted them for you from the wargaming website.

Objectives:

What you are suggesting is a violation of these objectives and can only lead to loss to the team. So how can it be the goal? Wasting time. Your just one of the people who hides 445 meters from the frontline to mine and farm as much damage as you can while your team mates take all the hits.

That is what I think.

IKEWIN

Lots of conjecture in this post. You don't make much rank by just sniping shots either, you rank up fast by either capping, or blocking the cap on defense y getting in the cap with engineering and resetting the cap by shooting/killing those capping. Kinda tough to do this when you're sniping from the back.

IKEWIN #20 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33931 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 20 2019 - 12:07, said:

Do not worry I do yell at wargaming. I am here yelling at them. But the campers should show honour not disgrace. The campers and wargaming are one of the same thing. The staff are the campers. 

The problem its the people like me who pay the bills of this company and we a pissed off. The cash flow is slowing down and wargaming is crapping its pants. NA server is down by 50% over the last 2 years.

So they are in decline and the disgraceful reward of camping is the reason. Some people believe the game should do what is says, not have a secret agenda.

IKEWIN

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users