Frontline - Take your time and get more points

Frontline Fast Cap Fast battle Time extended Longer battles More Points Frontline Exp

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

TommyBuns #21 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18194 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:27, said:

OMG that's all they do. I am not blind I am prestige 2 I fought a lot to get there. I saw enough running. I have sent over 50 films of running  and cowardice in frontline. lol

Ok, that's great, but what does that have to do with my post that you replied to with that response? Btw, I'm prestige 3, and I'm sure most of these guys you're arguing with are probably further along than both of us.

IKEWIN #22 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34254 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 20 2019 - 12:28, said:

Lots of conjecture in this post. You don't make much rank by just sniping shots either, you rank up fast by either capping, or blocking the cap on defense y getting in the cap with engineering and resetting the cap by shooting/killing those capping. Kinda tough to do this when you're sniping from the back.

What is your prestige?

How many games did you actually play real time?

Cause we must have never been in one game together. My experience is 80% of the players camp and mine more that 445 meters away.

Yes there are player who do what you say but the majority do not. End of story the mode is fail. It rewards hiding and cowardice.

Oh that's it base reset points. Lol that's where the campers source their shots. Now it is much clearer. That's exactly it. They hide back and reset the cap at safe distance. 

But who does the spotting.

End of story.

Edited by IKEWIN, Mar 20 2019 - 12:36.

Atragon #23 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:38

Major

• Players
  • 43481 battles

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:20, said:

Who said anything about running away?

Actually this guy did

TommyBuns #24 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18194 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:31, said:

Do not worry I do yell at wargaming. I am here yelling at them. But the campers should show honour not disgrace. The campers and wargaming are one of the same thing. The staff are the campers. 

The problem its the people like me who pay the bills of this company and we a pissed off. The cash flow is slowing down and wargaming is crapping its pants. NA server is down by 50% over the last 2 years.

So they are in decline and the disgraceful reward of camping is the reason. Some people believe the game should do what is says, not have a secret agenda.

IKEWIN

Nobody said not to do what it says, they said not to rush to end the game as quickly as possible as there is no benefit to doing so. Last year the winners got a substantial bonus to credits/exp. for winning, this year they do not. You can lose and still get a ton more exp./credits than any of the other players by capping/blocking/resetting whatever. Ending the game fast is just taking away the opportunity for everyone to earn more prestige.

If you're so sure that these guys sniping from the back are making so much prestige, try it next month and you'll be in for a rude awakening. It's takes a phenomenal amount of solely damage just to increase your rank to sergeant.

Atragon #25 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:40

Major

• Players
  • 43481 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:34, said:

What is your prestige?

Cause we must have never been in one game together. My experience is 80% of the players camp and mine more that 445 meters away.

Yes there are player who do what you say but the majority do not. End of story the mode is fail. It rewards hiding and cowardice.

Oh that's it base reset points. Lol that's where the campers source their shots. Now it is much clearer. That's exactly it. They hide back and reset the cap at safe distance. 

End of story.

Do you have any replays showing you practice what you preach ? My replays are up. If you are so gung ho, I'd like to see one replay of you carrying a team.

Edited by Atragon, Mar 20 2019 - 12:47.

IKEWIN #26 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34254 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

Delaying the game while attacking increases the chance of losing and allows the enemy to regroup.

There is the flaw tactically of what you say.

It is tactically unsound to allow enemies to regroup so you can rest. Ask Montgomery about that.

IKEWIN

RacWisco #27 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 74533 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 11:00, said:

I come from a place where fighting on the frontline is honourable and hiding in the back with the baggage and cooks is cowardice.

445 meter from the combat is not the frontline. if you hide in the back your a disgrace and a dishonour.

LOL camp ON

An armchair General ranting about how it was back in the day and comparing actual combat to a video game. EABODs.

MakersMike #28 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3621 battles

Confucius say, if IKEWIN rush to victory then he too lazy to attack all zones and achieve all progress possible in battle.  Confucius say, brave warrior shall take all reward options available, and attack all possible targets with great strength and courage to achieve maximum zen status for the after world.  For only he who is not panicked and rushed, but instead patient and strong willed will advance in the spiritual world of prestige and this brave warrior who lifted each and every rock will be rewarded with all of the riches that the Tanking spirit Gods are offering.   

Confucius say, it is but for a coward to rush and hide in finish line when much combat and battle scars remain in the battlefield.  

Give man a victory and he will tank for a day.  Teach a man to unleash all fury before achieving victory and he will tank for a lifetime.  

TommyBuns #29 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 18194 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:40, said:

Delaying the game while attacking increases the chance of losing and allows the enemy to regroup.

It is tactically unsound to allow enemies to regroup so you can rest. Ask Montgomery about that.

IKEWIN

What is the benefit of winning? Does winning get you any of the fabulous prizes? Does winning get you any additional credits or exp? Does winning help you increase your prestige? Does winning increase your Frontline Stats? The answer to all of those questions is a resounding NO. Wargaming took away any incentive to win this year, and the end goal of Frontline is to increase your prestige. The longer each game continues, the more opportunity you have to increase your prestige. As others have tried to explain to you when a strong team is defending and holds the attackers at A,B, and C, the game ends quickly as there's no additional time added to the clock, and nobody ranks up, defenders or attackers. 

Again, nobody's saying not to follow the guidelines for the game, only to drag your feet a little bit so everyone has more time to shoot/kill/cap/block cap, etc. and increase their rank.

As I mentioned before, during one game another EBR and myself snuck through zone F and across to Objective 5. We both started shooting at the same time and took it down 50/50. My rank increased by about 25%. Was it worth it? Absolutely not. You can get a slew more rank by capping and there's 6 opportunities to do so. Ergo, why cap only 2 zones then race to destroy the objectives and end the game quickly? Doing so is only screwing myself out of more opportunity to increase my prestige by capping all 6 zones.

Edited by TommyBuns, Mar 20 2019 - 12:56.

RacWisco #30 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 74533 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostAtragon, on Mar 20 2019 - 10:54, said:

Where have you come from ?

Probably his moms basement with a Hotpocket in his hand.

RacWisco #31 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 12:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 74533 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 11:40, said:

IKEWIN

Why ask Monty when I can bask in the glow of IKEWINs tactical wisdom?

MakersMike #32 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3621 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Mar 20 2019 - 03:52, said:

Probably his moms basement with a Hotpocket in his hand.

It's only 5 am here, and now you have me craving a hotpocket. 

RacWisco #33 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 74533 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 20 2019 - 12:07, said:

It's only 5 am here, and now you have me craving a hotpocket. 

I would kill for a bag of powdered doughnuts and a glass of milk. I can gobble them things like Tic Tacs.

Ash_Canadian #34 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 64179 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 20 2019 - 04:45, said:

I think players are starting to get it, but fast capping and destroying the objectives as fast as possible does nothing but earn you and your team less points. I was in quite a few battles in which everyone rushed and we won quickly but we had no Generals, one Major, some Captains but mostly Lieutenants.  There were even some battles that we didn't even have a Major at the end.  

I agree with you. If you are on the attacking team, priority should be to take all the zones then try to destroy as many red tanks as you can before destroying three objectives. It is a good strategy to go back an attack one or two objectives in an effort to win zones, but winning the game too quickly does not garnish the best results for the individual player. 

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 05:21, said:

Your kidding right. Take your time and lose. What a joke. 

Camping is not the point of frontline. The idea is to win not to mine and farm your team mates. Your a farming I totally disagree with your and that is why I am stopping paying for wargaming product to protest their reward of what your talking about.

Attacker want to win as soon as possible. Your statement shows clearly your a camper.

And your comments clearly show you haven't a clue how Frontline works. The idea is to get as much damage and XP, which then follows with credits, as possible, to earn higher ranks that will allow you to progress through the game mode more quickly. The higher the rank, the faster you progress. The more damage you get, the more XP you earn, the higher your rank, The longer the game goes on, the more time you have to do damage and gain XP. 

None of the above can be done if you are camping.

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:34, said:

What is your prestige?

End of story.

I have reached Prestige IV, my average rank is Major; I have obviously played a lot of games.

And I usually play light tanks.

And you are wrong.

xXx_Dead_Zombie_xXx #35 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:39

Major

• Players
  • 41399 battles
  • [SUX] SUX

you guys need to heed the words of Mark Twain, “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” it's obvious the guy has can't differentiate the difference between a video game and some rl fantasy

Ash_Canadian #36 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 64179 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:52, said:

What is the benefit of winning? Does winning get you any of the fabulous prizes? Does winning get you any additional credits or exp? Does winning help you increase your prestige? Does winning increase your Frontline Stats? The answer to all of those questions is a resounding NO. Wargaming took away any incentive to win this year, and the end goal of Frontline is to increase your prestige. The longer each game continues, the more opportunity you have to increase your prestige. As others have tried to explain to you when a strong team is defending and holds the attackers at A,B, and C, the game ends quickly as there's no additional time added to the clock, and nobody ranks up, defenders or attackers. 

Again, nobody's saying not to follow the guidelines for the game, only to drag your feet a little bit so everyone has more time to shoot/kill/cap/block cap, etc. and increase their rank.

As I mentioned before, during one game another EBR and myself snuck through zone F and across to Objective 5. We both started shooting at the same time and took it down 50/50. My rank increased by about 25%. Was it worth it? Absolutely not. You can get a slew more rank by capping and there's 6 opportunities to do so. Ergo, why cap only 2 zones then race to destroy the objectives and end the game quickly? Doing so is only screwing myself out of more opportunity to increase my prestige by capping all 6 zones.

Exactly this. This player gets it. 

DiomedesRS6 #37 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24363 battles

View PostRacWisco, on Mar 20 2019 - 13:29, said:

I would kill for a bag of powdered doughnuts and a glass of milk. I can gobble them things like Tic Tacs.

Someone else here was offering a bag of d-- err, no, never mind.

Goat_Rodeo #38 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

You’re doing it right. FL is not about winning, it’s about ranking up for prestige points (free tanks) and making a crap ton of credits. Capping and interrupting cap will get you to captain in no time flat, toss in some damage and you’ll make major pretty quick. Destroying those turrets only decreases your ranking and results in more games needing to be played.

Don’t listen to that Ike turd, he’s just trollin’ because, well you know, bad is just bad, and he feelz bad about being bad....so that’s bad right? 

I have to say, he was remarkably expedient in making it into my ignore preferences, because when turds have a lot to say, but nothing to say...

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Mar 20 2019 - 18:52.

RHeadshot #39 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5524 battles

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 20 2019 - 10:45, said:

I think players are starting to get it, but fast capping and destroying the objectives as fast as possible does nothing but earn you and your team less points. I was in quite a few battles in which everyone rushed and we won quickly but we had no Generals, one Major, some Captains but mostly Lieutenants.  There were even some battles that we didn't even have a Major at the end. 

But on other teams with strategy, we could have destroyed the final objectives easily, but we delayed them and decided as a team to farm more damage first.  It earned all of us a lot more points and better rankings.  On other teams, we were defending and time was about to expire so we let the attacking team capture a base so time would be extended and again we all earned a lot more points and got better ranks because of it. 

I know ending a battle quickly will get you into another quickly, but I think it's a more efficient way to gain exp and rank when you do it all in longer battles, as opposed to having quick battles, waiting in the que and doing another quick battle. Less Que time = more battle time and more points.

Do you all agree, or am I missing something?

How many times are you going to repeat this thread encouraging collusion?

IndygoEEI #40 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:58

Major

• Players
  • 61166 battles
  • [K-H] K-H

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 20 2019 - 06:05, said:

Farming and mining are a cowards way.

IKEWIN

I think if you look at the Blitzkrieg in Poland, the Germans certainly farmed and mined their

enemies.  Just sayin.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users