Frontline - Take your time and get more points

Frontline Fast Cap Fast battle Time extended Longer battles More Points Frontline Exp

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

owlgator #61 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 19:13

Captain

• Players
  • 15476 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 20 2019 - 12:24, said:

While I have not calculated best tactics for maximizing FL reward, I have for random battles awhile back. 

For random battles, basically suiciding through a several tanks as fast as possible, can get many players their highest amount of xp per hour. 

Two thoughts.  First, do you recall if you saw any correlation to player skill (as we forum [edited]define it) and that method being the best xp/hr method?  Also, this would be impossible for FL as you're "stuck" in the battle until it's over.  I would actually think less suicides is better as the fewer tanks you play the less of a repair bill you'll have.

commander42 #62 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 26905 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
its this crappy attitude that makes frontline frustrating.

the best way to get points is not by camping, its by CAPPING, the best way to rank up on defense is not pure damage, its DEFENDING the cap. 

People who say "let them cap" or "don't cap" need to leave the freaking mode and stop spreading their lies.

For the ones who say don't destroy the objectives as fast, that is a more valid one since WG for whatever reason made them worth no bonus in terms of rank points(they should but they didn't).

3bagsfull #63 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 20:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View Postcommander42, on Mar 21 2019 - 18:44, said:

its this crappy attitude that makes frontline frustrating.

the best way to get points is not by camping, its by CAPPING, the best way to rank up on defense is not pure damage, its DEFENDING the cap. 

People who say "let them cap" or "don't cap" need to leave the freaking mode and stop spreading their lies.

For the ones who say don't destroy the objectives as fast, that is a more valid one since WG for whatever reason made them worth no bonus in terms of rank points(they should but they didn't).

Look, you got two options when the countdown timer starts screaming "game is going to be over if we don't let them cap".    Farm what little you can and the game ends, or let them cap so it can be extended - and you have more time to defend another cap.    It's really that simple.    The real issue is when you got 2-3 cap that still are being defended and the first front rolls on back and takes 3 objectives - ending the game far, far, far earlier than it ever needed to.   That is the functional equivalent of 3 capping a Random game when the score is 9-7 - with a ton of HP still out there for the taking.

commander42 #64 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 20:17

Major

• Players
  • 26905 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 21 2019 - 14:07, said:

Look, you got two options when the countdown timer starts screaming "game is going to be over if we don't let them cap".    Farm what little you can and the game ends, or let them cap so it can be extended - and you have more time to defend another cap.    It's really that simple.    The real issue is when you got 2-3 cap that still are being defended and the first front rolls on back and takes 3 objectives - ending the game far, far, far earlier than it ever needed to.   That is the functional equivalent of 3 capping a Random game when the score is 9-7 - with a ton of HP still out there for the taking.

so you are for throwing both random games and frontline games then?? there are situations if you are up 9-7 where 3 capping is definitely the right move(depending on where the enemy teams 6 tanks are).

As for the fronline part of it there is three options, the two you named (1.let them cap, hope for more points later 2. stop them and get your points in quickly) or
3. let them get ON cap but farm them once they are on cap, try to stop them from succeeding once there, if they fail you win with a decent score and get to the next game quicker, if they do succeed and do cap it, then repeat this at the next cap.

Option 3 is much better than the first two because you aren't throwing the game just to selfishly farm, but you still get more points than option 2.

3bagsfull #65 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 20:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View Postcommander42, on Mar 21 2019 - 19:17, said:

so you are for throwing both random games and frontline games then?? there are situations if you are up 9-7 where 3 capping is definitely the right move(depending on where the enemy teams 6 tanks are).

As for the fronline part of it there is three options, the two you named (1.let them cap, hope for more points later 2. stop them and get your points in quickly) or
3. let them get ON cap but farm them once they are on cap, try to stop them from succeeding once there, if they fail you win with a decent score and get to the next game quicker, if they do succeed and do cap it, then repeat this at the next cap.

Option 3 is much better than the first two because you aren't throwing the game just to selfishly farm, but you still get more points than option 2.

One has to look at what the goals are in each mode.    

Randoms is about 2 things, getting XP (which your team needs to kill tanks to get that) and win.   Ex.   If it was possible to cap a game at 0:0, how much XP do you really think you are going to get even in a win?    

Frontlines is primarily about Prestige.    If you are just in it for the Prestige, then everything you can do to maximize your potential to reach General is what you should be doing - and when the clock is the barrier to you reaching that - well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what they proper play is.     

Flarvin #66 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 22:34

Major

• Players
  • 54814 battles

View Postowlgator, on Mar 21 2019 - 13:13, said:

Two thoughts.  First, do you recall if you saw any correlation to player skill (as we forum [edited]define it) and that method being the best xp/hr method?  Also, this would be impossible for FL as you're "stuck" in the battle until it's over.  I would actually think less suicides is better as the fewer tanks you play the less of a repair bill you'll have.

More skilled players would get less, to even no benefit doing that strategy. Very good payers would do better just to play their best and not suicide, IIRC. 

I was determining xp bonus only and not credits. Credits would depend on the tier of tanks your are playing. But using just prem tanks, I am sure some players could grind credits more effectively. 

As for FL, it could be better for the team overall to quick win and get to next match. But I have not done any calculations to check and see. Do not care enough. 

3bagsfull #67 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 00:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles
Essentially, if you can consistently land in the top 5 you'd be a fool to try the yolo strategy as you'd get nowhere near the XP/min ratios you'd get simply by farming tanks every game.   It's the people who can't do that consistently is where the numbers start to blur, but even then the XP you'd get yoloing would be spread out over multiple tanks - not concentrated on 1-2.    You see bots in every game where that becomes an option, and WoT is no exception - even on servers with EU/RU population levels.    Skill4ltu wakes up a dozen or so bots every session, sometimes more.    

IKEWIN #68 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 13:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34388 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 21 2019 - 20:07, said:

This is a joke. Cowards play this way a way contrary to the goals of the Frontline mode.

This is exactly what is wrong with wargaming is they put too much value in players who use mods to cheat and find any weakness in the game to exploit for personal game.

Wargaming promotes a team game. The reality is its full of selfish player like above whom use xvm and every other mod so they can gain advantage.

wargaming has gone down the wrong path. I bet they have seen a correlating reduction in cash flow cause people are tired of campers and miners.

People are tired of wargaming supporting those who hide behind bushes.

People are tired of wargaming videos showing tanks attacking and fighting when the game play is more like people hiding behind a bush or rock, close to the spawn 445 meters back from main battle front. Nope wargaming does do not show that. Why not? Cause it does not sell! 

Wargaming claims the goals and objectives of the Frontline game mode are as follows:

"Objectives:

• The attackers should break through the defense and destroy at least 3 out of 5 pillboxes on the enemy territory.
  • The defenders should repel enemy attacks until the battle timer elapses."

But the xvm mode cheating community tells and teaches players to do what is quoted above.

It can not be both.

Either the goal is to win or the goal is to get as much damage as possible.

One of the two is against the rules.

So which one is it wargaming?

INCOMING

IKEWIN

Edited by IKEWIN, Mar 22 2019 - 13:44.

IKEWIN #69 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 13:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34388 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View PostManOwar__, on Mar 20 2019 - 15:25, said:

Wow. If you all haven't please take a look at IKEWIN's other posts/comments. You'll get quite the laugh out of it. Also checking his stats on WOTLabs seems to explain quite a lot to me.

LOl this is how a coward XVM player debates. With insults. Your camping is crap and contrary to the rules.

I do not care what you think but you sure complain when I kick your [edited]in battle.

LOL anytime you want a duel in tier 6 Cromwell so we can make a video. I am down.

Like to camp in mediums I see ostriech. What does that make you? A sad person who only knows how to take and not give anything back to the team.

Selfish by nature is not good for the team. Coby!

XVM stat poster how many modes do you need to play. I challenge you to a duel so we can post the film in this forum.

What do you say? Do you accept.  1 v 1 Cromwell

INCOMING

IKEWIN

IKEWIN #70 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 13:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34388 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

LOL this is a laugh all these guys posting their xvm stats which are clearly reroll accounts. Most have low game counts.  23 000 games is really not that many games. Member since 2014. LOL pretty selective player. How many other accounts you got osturdwich?

ROFLMFAO. This is a joke this is the best wargaming has to offer. A person who relies on modes and insults to be bigger than others.

A cheater and slander.

INCOMING

IKEWIN

IKEWIN #71 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 14:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 34388 battles
  • [FOI] FOI

View Postowlgator, on Mar 21 2019 - 19:13, said:

Here is another XVM poster most likely multi account player. Look at his XVM post.

15000 games since 2011. That is very few games, Gee you think he is afraid of scratching his paint.

LOL these fake stat xvm players think what they are posting does not tell us other things about their play.

DUDE you have  15 k games in 9 years. under 5 games a day?

LOL you have how many account and this is your best I bet!

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

ROFLMFAO

want to improve your stats?

Setp 1. Play only arty and TD. Step 2. Farm and Mine your team mates by hiding at the back. Step 3. Use mods like xvm that give you game play advantages. Step 4. Play very few games per day to reduce the effect of RNG.

LOL looks like cheating to me.

Wargaming is to blame. Rewarding this disgrace and dishonour camping, farming, mining and cowardice!

INCOMING

IKEWIN

SwollenOstrich #72 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:12

Captain

• Players
  • 25016 battles

:popcorn:

<quick visit to microwave> 

:popcorn:

on a more serious note: can we get a coffee drinking emoji in this forum?

Goat_Rodeo #73 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:22

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
You folks have to stop feeding that [edited]under the bridge...ignore preferences are a thing. The only thing Ikey-boy needs is purple text and fancy font. 

SwollenOstrich #74 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:37

Captain

• Players
  • 25016 battles

View PostGoat_Rodeo, on Mar 22 2019 - 09:22, said:

You folks have to stop feeding that [edited]under the bridge...ignore preferences are a thing. The only thing Ikey-boy needs is purple text and fancy font. 

Forums get a bit dull without a few tidbits tossed here and there to the creatures under the bridges. Brings a smile to a slow Friday ...

g327 #75 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17889 battles

View Postcommander42, on Mar 21 2019 - 14:17, said:

I agree with Option 3 but only for the last remaining cap as that makes sense for those attackers and defenders.

All too often, however, "defending a cap" entails the defenders have pushed beyond the cap far enough to intercept and prevent the attackers from even reaching the cap. That situation is no different than fighting anywhere else on the battlefield.

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 21 2019 - 14:25, said:

One has to look at what the goals are in each mode.    

Randoms is about 2 things, getting XP (which your team needs to kill tanks to get that) and win.   Ex.   If it was possible to cap a game at 0:0, how much XP do you really think you are going to get even in a win?    

Frontlines is primarily about Prestige.    If you are just in it for the Prestige, then everything you can do to maximize your potential to reach General is what you should be doing - and when the clock is the barrier to you reaching that - well it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize what they proper play is.     

Exactly this. 

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 22 2019 - 07:38, said:

This is a joke. Cowards play this way a way contrary to the goals of the Frontline mode.

This is exactly what is wrong with wargaming is they put too much value in players who use mods to cheat and find any weakness in the game to exploit for personal game.

Wargaming promotes a team game. The reality is its full of selfish player like above whom use xvm and every other mod so they can gain advantage.

wargaming has gone down the wrong path. I bet they have seen a correlating reduction in cash flow cause people are tired of campers and miners.

People are tired of wargaming videos showing tanks attacking and fighting when the game play is more like people hiding behind a bush or rock, close to the spawn 445 meters back from main battle front. Nope wargaming does do not show that. Why not? Cause it does not sell! 

Wargaming claims the goals and objectives of the Frontline game mode are as follows:

"Objectives:

• The attackers should break through the defense and destroy at least 3 out of 5 pillboxes on the enemy territory.

But the xvm mode cheating community tells and teaches players to do what is quoted above.

It can not be both.

INCOMING

IKEWIN

If the goal were for a team to win (either as attacker or as a defender), then there would be extra value for doing so. BUT THERE IS NONE.

If the goal were for a team to destroy three objectives, then there would be extra value for doing so. BUT THERE IS NONE.

If the goal were for an individual to get damage (I include capping/defending cap in this) then there would be extra value for doing so. AND THERE IS!

A few but not all examples:

1. The individual receives rank promotions, which at the very least increase one's XP earned in that battle.

2. Rank promotions earn more points towards moving through levels to achieve a Prestige level. 

3. Achieving Prestige levels earns points towards free tanks. 

WG could just as easily award extra values- just one example: automatic completion of the level one is in after the battle- to all members of a winning team if it so wished. But WG gives nothing extra for winning a battle.

RacWisco #76 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:14

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75485 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:50, said:

LOl this is how a coward XVM player debates. With insults. Your camping is crap and contrary to the rules.

I do not care what you think but you sure complain when I kick your [edited]in battle.

LOL anytime you want a duel in tier 6 Cromwell so we can make a video. I am down.

Like to camp in mediums I see ostriech. What does that make you? A sad person who only knows how to take and not give anything back to the team.

Selfish by nature is not good for the team. Coby!

XVM stat poster how many modes do you need to play. I challenge you to a duel so we can post the film in this forum.

What do you say? Do you accept.  1 v 1 Cromwell

INCOMING

IKEWIN

Nope, I have 68K and think your ideas are whackaddoodle.

owlgator #77 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:15

Captain

• Players
  • 15476 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 22 2019 - 07:03, said:

Here is another XVM poster most likely multi account player. Look at his XVM post.

15000 games since 2011. That is very few games, Gee you think he is afraid of scratching his paint.

LOL these fake stat xvm players think what they are posting does not tell us other things about their play.

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

ROFLMFAO

Setp 1. Play only arty and TD. Step 2. Farm and Mine your team mates by hiding at the back. Step 3. Use mods like xvm that give you game play advantages. Step 4. Play very few games per day to reduce the effect of RNG.

Wargaming is to blame. Rewarding this disgrace and dishonour camping, farming, mining and cowardice!

INCOMING

IKEWIN

I'll bite...

Yes, I use XVM.  No, I'm not a multi-account player.  Was more active in the first couple years (pre-kids), and have since played maybe 60-90 minutes 2-3x/wk, with an inactive stretch of about nine months in 17-18.  Is it so hard to fathom that people may not play all the time?

But yes, this is my best.  I hit a plateau a couple years back and I'm not interested in solely bringing up my WN8.  Though to be fair I'd probably only move the needle a bit and get more grey hairs in the process.

Is the increase your stats line for me or the general population?  If the former (that means me), a quick look at my battles fought by tank class would address this concern.

I still don't know which XVM post you are referring to - a link would be nice as I've said a lot about many topics over the years.

In the future - just ask.  I don't have any incentive to hide my WoT history.  This is a game, after all.

RacWisco #78 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 75485 battles
  • [MOOBS] MOOBS

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:03, said:

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

ROFLMFAO

INCOMING

IKEWIN

"He said nothing about his stats Private Pyle. No bullets for you before lights out. Joker, keep an eye on him."

SwollenOstrich #79 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:07

Captain

• Players
  • 25016 battles

View Postowlgator, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:15, said:

I'll bite...

Don't bother. At this point he is either too dense to understand or he is just deliberately trolling. 

MakersMike #80 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 06:24

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3621 battles

View PostIKEWIN, on Mar 22 2019 - 04:38, said:

"Objectives:

It can not be both.

INCOMING

IKEWIN

IKEWIN, You must have missed this little nugget in the Frontline regulations:

We introduced another feature because of the large map size: it allows changing a lane in battle. For example, this feature can be useful when you have destroyed the enemy on a flank and captured the last zone, and now you need to go to another flank quickly to support your allies. When pressing J, the vehicle selection panel will be displayed. This allows you to choose another vehicle and respawn in another flank. In this case, the first vehicle will be self-destroyed after a shot countdown, but sometimes such actions may lead to a victory.

Essentially, they are saying when you finish one flank, go help your teammates win another flank.  They even introduced the new feature to encourage it and make it easier.  

Good day to you Sir!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users