• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

pyrogyro007 #1 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29785 battles
  • [CH4OS] CH4OS

To the developers,

The inclusion of RNJesus as a crew member is unnecessary, insensitive, and offensive.

I'd suggest removing this "fantastical creature" crew member, or add one for the Prophet, Buddha, etc.  Heck, you can even add a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Done.

Devildog8 #2 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:39

Major

• Players
  • 11075 battles
  • [XILES] XILES
sending a ticket would be better than making a thread about it

Ta_Hun_Kwai #3 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 13:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 17279 battles

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 20 2019 - 04:27, said:

To the developers, The inclusion of RNJesus as a crew member is unnecessary, insensitive, and offensive. I'd suggest removing this "fantastical creature" crew member or add one for the Prophet, Buddha, etc.  Heck, you can even add a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Done.

:facepalm: ok one its RNGESUS, not RNJESUS get it right and two it's just an internet meme joke so calm down

Edited by Ta_Hun_Kwai, Mar 20 2019 - 13:42.

TheDerpinator9000 #4 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17871 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 20 2019 - 07:27, said:

The inclusion of RNJesus as a crew member is unnecessary, insensitive, and offensive.

Excuse my curiosity, however I'm struggling to see how it can be 'Insensitive, and offensive.' I mean don't get me wrong, you want to sum up the whole thing about crew skins, is that all the crew customization can be called 'unnecessary' however it is still something new, and can bring a new 'flare' to something, of which some of my friends who play, can enjoy more. (Mainly because they actually complain at times about the lack of crew customization.) On top of the many things that need fixing in the game.

I get everyone (mostly) has their gripes, or frustrations, about RNG in one way or another, but I think this is one of the few things they gave in the update that gives people that little more space to 'personalize' their crews and or tanks, even if unnecessary. (I find it quite funny because it gives me a reason to yell at my crew and being able to call RNGesus something like 'Harold' will bring a new conversation starter to clan chat. "Dangit Harold!" will definitely grab a few people's attention.

However I wish you best of luck in delivering your feedback about this to the devs, but as stated above, the forums may not be the best way to do it here.

venom286 #5 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:20

Captain

• Players
  • 43256 battles
  • [BROK3] BROK3
why 

alexgt9123 #6 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9348 battles

View PostDevils_Scorpion, on Mar 20 2019 - 13:39, said:

sending a ticket would be better than making a thread about it

View PostTa_Hun_Kwai, on Mar 20 2019 - 13:40, said:

:facepalm: ok one its RNGESUS, not RNJESUS get it right and two it's just an internet meme joke so calm down

View PostTheDerpinator9000, on Mar 20 2019 - 14:19, said:

Excuse my curiosity, however I'm struggling to see how it can be 'Insensitive, and offensive.' I mean don't get me wrong, you want to sum up the whole thing about crew skins, is that all the crew customization can be called 'unnecessary' however it is still something new, and can bring a new 'flare' to something, of which some of my friends who play, can enjoy more. (Mainly because they actually complain at times about the lack of crew customization.) On top of the many things that need fixing in the game.

I get everyone (mostly) has their gripes, or frustrations, about RNG in one way or another, but I think this is one of the few things they gave in the update that gives people that little more space to 'personalize' their crews and or tanks, even if unnecessary. (I find it quite funny because it gives me a reason to yell at my crew and being able to call RNGesus something like 'Harold' will bring a new conversation starter to clan chat. "Dangit Harold!" will definitely grab a few people's attention.

However I wish you best of luck in delivering your feedback about this to the devs, but as stated above, the forums may not be the best way to do it here.

View Postvenom286, on Mar 20 2019 - 14:20, said:

why 

You do all realize he is being sarcastic, right?

TheDerpinator9000 #7 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:25

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17871 battles
  • [L-O-K] L-O-K

View Postalexgt9123, on Mar 20 2019 - 08:22, said:

I think?

pyrogyro007 #8 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29785 battles
  • [CH4OS] CH4OS

I don't have a problem with the crew skins at all.

I don't have a problem with RNGesus being an internet meme.

I do have a problem superimposing a twenty sided die on the body of an obvious Christ-like figure, complete with robes and a halo.  That is what is insensitive and offensive to me.  A lot more so than someone running around with 666 on their tank.  

My only sarcasm is that while the developers are going around offending, potentially, Christians, lets go ahead and offend everyone else.

Copacetic #9 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 47280 battles
  • [ZEUS] ZEUS
Offending Christians is ok. Didn't you know?

wayne_1313 #10 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7164 battles
Lighten up Francis

PJMC #11 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:52

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27220 battles
I like this change. I can change all my ZSBIA crew into a clone army and tell who is who/what right away. 

the_dude_76 #12 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:56

Major

• Players
  • 34161 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postalexgt9123, on Mar 20 2019 - 07:22, said:

You do realize that sarcasm doesn't translate in a venue full of blathering idiocy right?? How do you know anything is supposed to be sarcastic when people are on here making stupid posts all of the time. The fact that you are wrong pretty much proves this point...

the_dude_76 #13 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 14:57

Major

• Players
  • 34161 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 20 2019 - 07:30, said:

My only sarcasm is that while the developers are going around offending, potentially, Christians, lets go ahead and offend everyone else.

Every conceivable thing, no matter how trivial, would be offensive to someone... you're proof of that

PuddleSplasher #14 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 15:18

Major

• Players
  • 39173 battles

Guys let is get down to the "nitty gritty". Oh wait I cannot say that as it's offensive to the black and coloured people as that refers to what was left at the bottom of the slave boats upon docking.

So anyway, back on track! So many everyday comments appear to be offending the snowflake people especially when it's not deliberate.

However the meme, "RNgesus" if googled within the Urban Dictionary shows its meaning as: RNGesus, a portmanteau of an acronym RNG (random number generator) and the name Jesus, is the name of a deity responsible for luck, chance, and random elements in video games.

Now let us change part of one word in that whole explanation and see what happens and the offence it causes. It will be compared to Islamaphobia which appears to be the snowflakes latest craze. RNghammad! what if they had chosen that word. Would all Muslims not be up in arms that their diety was being mocked? Of course they would and rightly so as that is their faith and believe.

Therefore why is it that the Christain Faith is allowed to be mocked instead?

Make no bones about it, the name RNGesus is most certainly offensive and should be removed forthwith.

FrontenacDuVandoo #15 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 16:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16926 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2
Be a good Christian and forgive the devs.

PuddleSplasher #16 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 17:50

Major

• Players
  • 39173 battles

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Mar 20 2019 - 15:15, said:

Be a good Christian and forgive the devs.

I forgive but I do not forget!!!

All that remains is for the Devs to remove their own offensive skin.

Next time that ban hammer comes down on any player for Religion then the Devs need to eat their own words.

Guys, please don't think that I say the above words lightly. Any child under the age of 16 is capable of writing and then saying they don't understand the arguements regarding religion. I accept that lightly. (IS Brides etc) but for WG to BLATANTLY introduce a skin based upon a Religious Meme is scandalous.

Devs, write me up for using Red ink!!!

PuddleSplasher #17 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 17:56

Major

• Players
  • 39173 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 20 2019 - 13:57, said:

Every conceivable thing, no matter how trivial, would be offensive to someone... you're proof of that

I do so agree.

We have gone from an era of adults to a bunch of 1990 - millenials that are so offended with life that was fought and died for, to give them a balanced life and still they become offended at every single word they can find.

LBGT and whatever the rest of that acronym is becomes the example. Those protesters are God like.

Shall be have RNlgbt are Gods?

Gdeckjr #18 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 20:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 15379 battles

I've been looking for a profile picture for here(the forums).

This topic just picked it.

JONDIESATTHEEND #19 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 21:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12353 battles
  • [GOD_] GOD_

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Mar 20 2019 - 15:18, said:

Guys let is get down to the "nitty gritty". Oh wait I cannot say that as it's offensive to the black and coloured people as that refers to what was left at the bottom of the slave boats upon docking.

So anyway, back on track! So many everyday comments appear to be offending the snowflake people especially when it's not deliberate.

However the meme, "RNgesus" if googled within the Urban Dictionary shows its meaning as: RNGesus, a portmanteau of an acronym RNG (random number generator) and the name Jesus, is the name of a deity responsible for luck, chance, and random elements in video games.

Now let us change part of one word in that whole explanation and see what happens and the offence it causes. It will be compared to Islamaphobia which appears to be the snowflakes latest craze. RNghammad! what if they had chosen that word. Would all Muslims not be up in arms that their diety was being mocked? Of course they would and rightly so as that is their faith and believe.

Therefore why is it that the Christain Faith is allowed to be mocked instead?

Make no bones about it, the name RNGesus is most certainly offensive and should be removed forthwith.

I think a picture of the prophet Mohamed with a picture of him smiling and holding a bag of credits and to be called "Profit Mohamed" would be cool.

JONDIESATTHEEND #20 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 21:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12353 battles
  • [GOD_] GOD_

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Mar 20 2019 - 17:50, said:

I forgive but I do not forget!!!

All that remains is for the Devs to remove their own offensive skin.

Next time that ban hammer comes down on any player for Religion then the Devs need to eat their own words.

Guys, please don't think that I say the above words lightly. Any child under the age of 16 is capable of writing and then saying they don't understand the arguements regarding religion. I accept that lightly. (IS Brides etc) but for WG to BLATANTLY introduce a skin based upon a Religious Meme is scandalous.

Devs, write me up for using Red ink!!!

It is blatant hypocrisy to ban people for being insensitive to certain religions (Mostly just one) while having RNGesus in game. I personally don't care if they have this in game but I do care that there seems to be a huge double standard when it comes to these things. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users