RNJesus Really?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Gang_Starr #41 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 00:27

Major

• Players
  • 16226 battles

View PostGriffon327327, on Mar 21 2019 - 18:00, said:

offending Christians is offending white people and when it comes to white peoples rights they have none

white male is the most discriminated person on the planet in America  

they have no rights in the job place they are the last picked when it comes to hiring regardless of education or skills or work ethic

they are always last picked after job "quotas" are fulfilled

How can you be so dense...

TRK213_Turkey #42 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 00:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6350 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
I think spending time on crew member skins is unnecessary, insensitive, and offensive when there are much bigger problems to fix but that's just me.

the_Deadly_Bulb #43 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 00:40

Major

• Players
  • 28708 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostAtragon, on Mar 21 2019 - 03:01, said:

Why not add RNGTrump also ?

Big orange easy to hit outhouse target. :great:

the_Deadly_Bulb #44 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 00:41

Major

• Players
  • 28708 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGriffon327327, on Mar 21 2019 - 15:00, said:

offending Christians is offending white people and when it comes to white peoples rights they have none

they have no rights in the job place they are the last picked when it comes to hiring regardless of education or skills or work ethic

they are always last picked after job "quotas" are fulfilled

Why can't a cat piss on this guys KB? :trollface:

Flarvin #45 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 00:46

Major

• Players
  • 55090 battles

View PostGriffon327327, on Mar 21 2019 - 18:00, said:

Yet the majority of business and political leaders in America are white males. And Christianity is the majority religion for those leaders 

Yes, so discriminated against. lol 

the_Deadly_Bulb #46 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 00:51

Major

• Players
  • 28708 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 21 2019 - 03:22, said:

Well at least they forwarded my feedback to the development team.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact Wargaming support!

We the honest feedback commander. We have compiled your feedback and suggestion you have given us and submitted it to the Development Team. In the meantime, you can keep your eyes peeled for any new developments: http://worldoftanks.com/en/news

Should you have further inquiries, please do not hesitate to visit Frequently Asked Questions. Good luck, have fun & happy tanking!"

If I was willing to risk banning, I'd rename myself something offensive to another religion or way of life and see what happens first.  I get banned or they remove the offensive "fantastical crew member".

Maybe go with WWJD and just turn the other cheek.

Not like Christ wasn't called names while he was visiting. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #47 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 00:53

Major

• Players
  • 28708 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGang_Starr, on Mar 21 2019 - 15:27, said:

How can you be so dense...

He was born with a gift.

Touched as it were. 

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Mar 22 2019 - 00:53.

Crimson_Saber #48 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 13:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16653 battles
This whole post can be summed up from my profile picture.  That said I think it's been a while since a post like this has come up.

Jer1413 #49 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 15:03

Captain

• Players
  • 48563 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View PostJunkaTheAdmirable, on Mar 21 2019 - 20:38, said:

Ugggh its funnier when liberals get triggered.

I find it amusing regardless of the political stripe.

View PostGriffon327327, on Mar 21 2019 - 23:00, said:

So all christians are white and all whites are christian. Good to know.

Personally, I think all religions should be open to the ridicule they all deserve. I mean if your faith is strong, why should it bother you?

Isn't just knowing that somebody is going to hell for a joke, satisfaction enough?

Reichmonk #50 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 15:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28840 battles
  • [ALERT] ALERT

(First, I feel obligated to say I'm a christian, as somehow some people will give more meaning to what I'm about to say, or be less "offended". I'm not offended by RNGesus at all.)

@OP, and PuddleSplasher

You have all the right to be offended. That doesn't mean the rest of us should do something about it. I'm offended by you being offended, so I demand that you stop being offended! Why do people think that if something, or someone, offends them, that something should be done about it? That is exactly what I think is the biggest problem with this country. Every time a small group of people gets offended, all the rest of us have to suffer because people in charge try to please them. God forbid someone gets offended! Oh no, his feelings got hurt! Well, my feelings get hurt every time I see stupid things people complain about. Can we do something about that too then?

We are proud to say we have freedom of speech, and many other freedoms in most, if not all, christian countries. Unlike many countries practicing Islam. We should be free to use RNGesus. This is a good thing. We should not follow their example and ban every mention of Jesus in every shape or form, like they ban any mention of Mohammed. 

There are people who find claims that the Earth is not flat very offensive. Should we remove all the pictures of our planet just to please them too?

Grow up, grow some thicker skin. It is not true that only snowflakes are born past 1990. There has always been snowflakes, we just called them a different name. Also, many people born past 1990 do NOT act like snowflakes. You two guys, know it or not, are a special kind of entitled snowflakes. We don't care about what you think. F*** off, please.

Edited by Reichmonk, Mar 22 2019 - 15:37.

PuddleSplasher #51 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 39641 battles

View PostGdeckjr, on Mar 21 2019 - 14:06, said:

I haven't, and maybe I missed it, seen anyone say WHAT is offensive about a crew member being named Rngesus, complete with halo, only that it IS.

And that's very concerning.

Read my posts. You certainly did miss it.

Jer1413 #52 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:10

Captain

• Players
  • 48563 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Mar 20 2019 - 14:18, said:

Guys let is get down to the "nitty gritty". Oh wait I cannot say that as it's offensive to the black and coloured people as that refers to what was left at the bottom of the slave boats upon docking.

So anyway, back on track! So many everyday comments appear to be offending the snowflake people especially when it's not deliberate.

However the meme, "RNgesus" if googled within the Urban Dictionary shows its meaning as: RNGesus, a portmanteau of an acronym RNG (random number generator) and the name Jesus, is the name of a deity responsible for luck, chance, and random elements in video games.

Now let us change part of one word in that whole explanation and see what happens and the offence it causes. It will be compared to Islamaphobia which appears to be the snowflakes latest craze. RNghammad! what if they had chosen that word. Would all Muslims not be up in arms that their diety was being mocked? Of course they would and rightly so as that is their faith and believe.

Therefore why is it that the Christain Faith is allowed to be mocked instead?

Make no bones about it, the name RNGesus is most certainly offensive and should be removed forthwith.

View PostGdeckjr, on Mar 21 2019 - 14:06, said:

I haven't, and maybe I missed it, seen anyone say WHAT is offensive about a crew member being named Rngesus, complete with halo, only that it IS.

And that's very concerning.

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:47, said:

Read my posts. You certainly did miss it.

So the only reason you're offended is because some muslims may be offended by a similar meme regarding their prophet?

SargeanTravis #53 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3010 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

Honestly I don't see why RNGesus is a bad thing in this game. Honestly, I don't really care if he IS in the game or not, simply because it's a stupid meme, and not meant to be taken seriously.

Some internet memes can be taken offensively by others, but there's no point trying to get rid of them.

You don't have to even use him. It's not like everyone will know that you're running him as a crewmember.

Finally Why are we arguing over religion in a game where crewmembers can be killed, Communist and Fascist vehicles constantly clash, and the goal is to destroy the enemy tanks? There are times and places to be concerned over faith, but World of Tanks is one of the last places I'd look for it.

(PS arguing about this in the first place is just asking for Troll posts)

Rhoetus #54 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 40728 battles
  • [CS7-E] CS7-E

The support of the RNGesus meme is highly offensive to those of us who take Christianity seriously. 
You are comparing our deity to a random number generator. 
How is is possible that people don't understand how offensive that is?

Now, generally, I just shrug it off, but when it goes against WG's own policies, then it becomes more than just an annoyance, and becomes institutional bias. 

Flarvin #55 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:58

Major

• Players
  • 55090 battles

View PostRhoetus, on Mar 22 2019 - 16:28, said:

You are comparing our deity to a random number generator. 

No. It is comparing RNG to a deity. Not the over way around. There is a difference. 

pyrogyro007 #56 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 04:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30442 battles
  • [CH4OS] CH4OS

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:58, said:

No. It is comparing RNG to a deity. Not the over way around. There is a difference. 

Ridiculous.  So either way, we end up with an image of Christ with a twenty sided die superimposed over Christ's face.  Ridiculous, and should be removed.  Would not even be an issue if the image was of the Prophet.  And that is part of the rub. 

PuddleSplasher #57 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 13:26

Major

• Players
  • 39641 battles

View PostSargeanTravis, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:48, said:

Honestly I don't see why RNGesus is a bad thing in this game.

To openly insult any Religion demonstrates a childish and immature attitude or at worst not understanding what is normal practice and acceptable in life.

Look what happens in here when you swear (WG call it offensive language), make racist comments about black, white, coloured people, berate any LGBT person oh I can go on but essentially you get a warning, a ban or the post removed/amended. Heaven help you (oh wait that's a reference to God *ban hammer*) if you mention an abbreviated version of Pakistanis.

Yet some of you feel it is acceptable to religiously abuse Christians.

Christianity is the dominant religion in the USA. In that instance I can only conclude there are many non Christians ie a minority that in their opinion are offending no one when they directly make offensive comments towards Christians.

Would a non Muslim dare to walk down the street shouting offensive religious comments in a Muslim district? Would that same minority publicly abuse Hindus in city centre whilst shouting religious comments at them?

For that matter not one single person in here would be so stupid as to religiously abuse another person in public.

Why then do you believe it to be acceptable to religiously abuse Christians on a gaming forum? Especially WarGaming as they introduced the Meme into the game in the first instance.

One persons act does not mean it is legal nor acceptable in a society of educated people.

Which person are you as childish keyboard warriors believe they can say and do as they want without reprecussions.

PuddleSplasher #58 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 13:38

Major

• Players
  • 39641 battles

View PostSargeanTravis, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:48, said:

1) Honestly I don't see why RNGesus is a bad thing in this game it's a stupid meme, and not meant to be taken seriously.

Some internet memes can be taken offensively by others, but there's no point trying to get rid of them.

You don't have to even use him. It's not like everyone will know that you're running him as a crewmember.

2) Finally Why are we arguing over religion in a game where crewmembers can be killed, Communist and Fascist vehicles constantly clash, and the goal is to destroy the enemy tanks? There are times and places to be concerned over faith, but World of Tanks is one of the last places I'd look for it.

3) (PS arguing about this in the first place is just asking for Troll posts)

Sorry if I shortened point 1 above:

1) Religion is taken seriously and should be respected.

2) I see no one arguing but merely discussing on an open forum. Religion is for want of a better word, "real" but WOT's is only pixels on a screen. Both are seperate and it's becoming obvious you cannot comprehend that.

3) Any topic is always asking for troll posts as are any replies :popcorn:

Jer1413 #59 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 13:53

Captain

• Players
  • 48563 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Mar 23 2019 - 12:26, said:

To openly insult any Religion demonstrates a childish and immature attitude or at worst not understanding what is normal practice and acceptable in life.

Look what happens in here when you swear (WG call it offensive language), make racist comments about black, white, coloured people, berate any LGBT person oh I can go on but essentially you get a warning, a ban or the post removed/amended. Heaven help you (oh wait that's a reference to God *ban hammer*) if you mention an abbreviated version of Pakistanis.

Yet some of you feel it is acceptable to religiously abuse Christians.

Christianity is the dominant religion in the USA. In that instance I can only conclude there are many non Christians ie a minority that in their opinion are offending no one when they directly make offensive comments towards Christians.

Would a non Muslim dare to walk down the street shouting offensive religious comments in a Muslim district? Would that same minority publicly abuse Hindus in city centre whilst shouting religious comments at them?

For that matter not one single person in here would be so stupid as to religiously abuse another person in public.

Why then do you believe it to be acceptable to religiously abuse Christians on a gaming forum? Especially WarGaming as they introduced the Meme into the game in the first instance.

One persons act does not mean it is legal nor acceptable in a society of educated people.

Which person are you as childish keyboard warriors believe they can say and do as they want without reprecussions.

Don't you think that the phrase "religiously abuse" may be a little over the top for what we're talking about here?

Gdeckjr #60 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 15:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 15384 battles

Why are we arguing over religion in a game where crewmembers can be killed, Communist and Fascist vehicles constantly clash, and the goal is to destroy the enemy tanks? 

(PS arguing about this in the first place is just asking for Troll posts)

This argument wins over all "RNGesus is offensive" arguments. Past, present and future.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users