RNJesus Really?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Reichmonk #61 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 16:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28213 battles
*deleted*

Edited by Reichmonk, Mar 23 2019 - 16:31.

Reichmonk #62 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 16:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28213 battles

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 23 2019 - 03:46, said:

Ridiculous.  So either way, we end up with an image of Christ with a twenty sided die superimposed over Christ's face.  Ridiculous, and should be removed.  Would not even be an issue if the image was of the Prophet.  And that is part of the rub. 

So, you want to play that game now? If something would be offensive to Muslims, it should be offensive to us too? Really? 

You can not compare yourself to others. You should raise above and be better. You make me want to cuss because you're so stupid.

FrontenacDuVandoo #63 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 18:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16914 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

Nobody is making fun of Christianity with RNGesus. It's making fun of the RNG system.

If you think that having a halo automatically makes it a Christ figure, you guys need to broaden your knowledge of religious imagery. I suggest starting with the Wikipedia article on Halo.

As for the idea that this is a form of religious abuse against Christians, I get the feeling that Christians who lived under Soviet Communism will find it laughable.

Edited by FrontenacDuVandoo, Mar 25 2019 - 04:00.

Exiledcrow #64 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 18:57

Major

• Players
  • 50096 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 20 2019 - 13:27, said:

To the developers,

The inclusion of RNJesus as a crew member is unnecessary, insensitive, and offensive.

I'd suggest removing this "fantastical creature" crew member, or add one for the Prophet, Buddha, etc.  Heck, you can even add a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Done.

How about no. OR you could quit being a snowflake .....

If someone wants to come up with more religiously themed joke characters, that would be awesome, but other than "Profit Mohammed", I don't really see any that have as natural of a tie-in ...

Edited by Exiledcrow, Mar 23 2019 - 19:40.

1stTanks #65 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 19:38

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 40000 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

JESUS CHRIST!! What in God’s name were you thinking posting about beloved RNGesus?! I mean Holy hell! RNG Gods will not smile on your account anymore. I will pray for you. 

Some snowflakes in this game! 

Flarvin #66 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 54578 battles

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:46, said:

Ridiculous.  So either way, we end up with an image of Christ with a twenty sided die superimposed over Christ's face.  Ridiculous, and should be removed.  Would not even be an issue if the image was of the Prophet.  And that is part of the rub. 

Not defending the meme. 

Just stating it is comparing RNG to a deity and not the reverse. 

If the only reason you are outraged over this is due merely to how some in another religion may act, then you are truly a snowflake. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #67 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:06

Major

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 23 2019 - 11:00, said:

Not defending the meme. 

Just stating it is comparing RNG to a deity and not the reverse. 

If the only reason you are outraged over this is due merely to how some extremists in another all of the various religions may act, then you are truly a snowflake. 

FTFY

IMO Christ would find the judgmental intolerant position of the OP to be unfortunate.

Not in keeping with his advice.

Flarvin #68 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:14

Major

• Players
  • 54578 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 23 2019 - 14:06, said:

FTFY

IMO Christ would find the judgmental intolerant position of the OP to be unfortunate.

Not in keeping with his advice.

I think your change to my post, reflects my sentiment better than what I read wrote. 

Danadae #69 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20789 battles
  • [LONER] LONER
Anyone who has a problem with RNGesus should be banned from the internet. You're clearly not ready for it yet, lest your feeble feelings get hurt.

pyrogyro007 #70 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 05:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29785 battles
  • [CH4OS] CH4OS

So let's also have an RNGMohammad too.  Complete with a similar depiction, minus the face of course.  Depicting the Prophet would be sacrilegious.

the_Deadly_Bulb #71 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:00

Major

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:58, said:

So let's also have an RNGMohammad too.  Complete with a similar depiction, minus the face of course.  Depicting the Prophet would be sacrilegious.

That's NOT what "turn the other cheek" meant.

Its also not "love your neighbor like others do".

If you feel the need to call yourself a Christian then perhaps make an effort to follow Christ's teachings and example.

There's more to it than going to a building every week and wearing the moniker.

While you're at it perhaps peruse the Qu'ran.

Its a good read.

You might be very surprised at what you read in it. 

Especially the detailed sections dealing with Christ.

In exactly the same manner in which Christians pick and choose what parts of Christ's teachings they like and will try to follow, many in Islam are not adhering to the Qu'ran either.

There are always people in every faith who will use bent interpretations of their own scriptures to foment hate against the misbegotten scum on the other side (because theirs is the false god of course).

The complete idiocy of all of this is that Yaweh, the God of the Hebrews and the one who sent Christ and revealed the Qu'ran to the Prophet. 

The EXACT same God as Allah.

Christ was both a Jew and recognized in the Qu'ran as the incarnate son of God.

Christ also admonished hatred and judgement, but you go ahead and keep on keeping on.

FrontenacDuVandoo #72 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16914 battles
  • [BBI2] BBI2

Well, as luck would have it, I just unlocked him.

Turns out he's not named RNGesus, not even Arengee Zus.

Edited by FrontenacDuVandoo, Mar 25 2019 - 04:01.

3bagsfull #73 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:15

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostDanadae, on Mar 23 2019 - 21:07, said:

Anyone who has a problem with RNGesus should be banned from the internet. You're clearly not ready for it yet, lest your feeble feelings get hurt.

There is a difference between people using the "term" RNGesus - especially as DezGamez (good youtuber by the way) has an entire series called that - and associating that with a picture resembling Jesus with dice super-imposed on it and forcing it in your garage where you can't get rid of it - and that player happens to be a Christian.    I'm an Agnostic and even I can see something wrong with that picture. 

There is a general rule that WG should apply that is applied by virtually any successful business.    Leave 3 things alone in the work/game place:

Religion

Politics

Sex

All those 3 things do is create an environment that is saturated in conflict - because NO GROUP of people is ever going to see eye to eye on those 3 subjects.   None, zero, nada.

Danadae #74 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 05:06

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20789 battles
  • [LONER] LONER

His name isn't even RNJesus, or any variation of that. He could be whatever deity you choose. You people just choose to be butthurt because you want attention. You're all weak. Soft.

Pathetic, really.

SargeanTravis #75 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 17:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 2892 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

View PostPuddleSplasher, on Mar 23 2019 - 13:38, said:

Sorry if I shortened point 1 above:

1) Religion is taken seriously and should be respected.

2) I see no one arguing but merely discussing on an open forum. Religion is for want of a better word, "real" but WOT's is only pixels on a screen. Both are separate and it's becoming obvious you cannot comprehend that.

3) Any topic is always asking for troll posts as are any replies :trollface: (This emoji suits the post better, no offense)

View PostSargeanTravis, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:48, said:

Honestly I don't see why RNGesus is a bad thing in this game. Honestly, I don't really care if he IS in the game or not, simply because it's a stupid meme, and not meant to be taken seriously.

Some internet memes can be taken offensively by others, but there's no point trying to get rid of them.

You don't have to even use him. It's not like everyone will know that you're running him as a crewmember.

Finally Why are we arguing over religion in a game where crewmembers can be killed, Communist and Fascist vehicles constantly clash, and the goal is to destroy the enemy tanks? There are times and places to be concerned over faith, but World of Tanks is one of the last places I'd look for it.

(PS arguing about this in the first place is just asking for Troll posts)

Sooooo

Arguing about something "religious" on a screen of pixels that aren't real is "real" as well? 

Also

There is so many lies in this one sentence alone.

2) I see no one arguing but merely discussing...

If you haven't noticed, 90% of the forums is trolling, tin foiling, heated debates,  and whine posts. It's uncommon, but not rare to actually find a genuine post that has none of these in mind. This thread is not one of these "exception posts".

merely discussing on an open forum.

An open World of Tanks Forum. Unless I'm been living under a rock and not realize that religion and mechanical warfare now intermingle. That was the whole point of that one sentence in my original post!!!

Religion is for want of a better word, "real" but WOT's is only pixels on a screen. 

This sentence contradicts yourself when you're arguing about the offensiveness of something that is "real" inside a game that is not real. 

Both are separate and it's becoming obvious you cannot comprehend that. 

Again, this sentence contradicts yourself. Religion is "real", World of Tanks is not, but you're arguing discussing about something that is not real, but pertains to what is actually "real". You're right I can't comprehend this, because what you've created is a paradox!

3) Any topic is always asking for troll posts as are any replies :trollface:

Precisely! There are probably a handful of posts in this thread currently trolling you!

Anyway, since you clearly didn't understand what I was saying let's be clear:

You're arguing   discussing over a religious element in game  which:

Has a Soviet Union faction/Tech Tree, which virtually made ANY religion illegal during its lifespan.

Has a German Tech Tree, and you know what I'm hinting at.

Has a Chinese Tech Tree, and that's definitely not a Christian majority country.

Has a Japanese tech tree, and you probably get my point there.

Encourages you to kill/harm enemy crewmembers/tanks to survive/win, which definitely breaks many of the Ten Commandments.

So arguing over a internet meme called RNGesus and calling it a sin is a mute point, considering half the game is a sin itself.

Is any of this not hard to understand?

PuddleSplasher #76 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 18:05

Major

• Players
  • 39173 battles

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on Mar 25 2019 - 02:57, said:

Well, as luck would have it, I just unlocked him.

Turns out he's not named RNGesus, not even Arengee Zus.

That gave me a chuckle. +1 :great:

View PostSargeanTravis, on Mar 25 2019 - 16:39, said:

3) Any topic is always asking for troll posts as are any replies :trollface:

Precisely! There are probably a handful of posts in this thread currently trolling you!

Seriously?

I ask YOU to think again just exactly who is being trolled :trollface::D

the_Deadly_Bulb #77 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostGdeckjr, on Mar 23 2019 - 06:36, said:

This argument wins over all "RNGesus is offensive" arguments. Past, present and future.

RG_Notch #78 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 19:11

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 28667 battles

View Postpyrogyro007, on Mar 20 2019 - 07:27, said:

To the developers,

The inclusion of RNJesus as a crew member is unnecessary, insensitive, and offensive.

I'd suggest removing this "fantastical creature" crew member, or add one for the Prophet, Buddha, etc.  Heck, you can even add a Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Done.

I don't care if it rains or freezes,

long as i got my RNGesus!!!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users