Specific individual 'traits' for the new crew skins?

crew skin trait

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

RoyalGreenPC #1 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 19:39

Captain

• Players
  • 23245 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

For now the way I see it the crew skins are mostly useless, except to players who want a Fortnite-ish flavor in a WWII tank game, which is pretty rare tbh.

How about giving each crew skin a specific new 'trait' to make them interesting? Traits will be different than current skills and perks and will accumulate separately. There can be upgradable levels of trait. The traits will be offered as simple tweaks to the game play, not game breaking or p2w as emblem bonus shenanigans to keep it fair to all.

Example:

Aman the Amu will have 'More Ammo' trait, which will let the tank carry extra ammunition.

Level 1: +5% ammo; 1mil crew xp.

Level 2: +10% ammo; 2mil crew xp.

and upto level 5-10.

It won't affect the gameplay as much, but can be nice to have in some niche tanks. Everyone can grind the traits for free by just playing.

And WG can make :coin: as well: 

Spoiler

The traits will NOT make tanks just better by x% like bond equips/cancelled emblem fiasco, but will provide the tanker with something that'd be nice for him to have, but won't affect the enemies. Tank battle stats will be the same.

Possible trait suggestions:

* More ammo.

* Move mentor skill to traits?

* Makes more credits/xp for the tank (Kinda like WoWS's flag system, but a lot lower 1-10%)

* Can unflip itself after 30 sec.

* Incoming arty shell warning?

* Auto drive? When you press double R, the crew with trait will avoid rocks/water and go around it?

The community can suggest many more of these, but you get the idea. Things that make life easier for you without giving you advantage in battle against someone who doesn't have any traits.

Win-Win?

MagillaGuerilla #2 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 19:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 25836 battles
I received three this morning, but can't find them in the garage. No big deal, I didn't want them anyway.

RoyalGreenPC #3 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 19:53

Captain

• Players
  • 23245 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Mar 20 2019 - 14:47, said:

I received three this morning, but can't find them in the garage. No big deal, I didn't want them anyway.

I put mine in HE meme tanks (Type 5/FV), since that's all they are good for now..

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 20:51

Major

• Players
  • 38053 battles

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Mar 20 2019 - 18:47, said:

If you go to a crew member's Personnel File, there's a new tab call "Crew Skins".

Unfortunately, it won't let me change that lovely face of Gigi Buffon.

Can't change any of the Holiday chicks, Charlotte Wells, or Simon Claus either, but they don't scare me like Gigi.

gpc_4 #5 Posted Mar 20 2019 - 20:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 43071 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostMagillaGuerilla, on Mar 20 2019 - 19:47, said:

Crew skins are a tab on a crew member's profile. 

tanopasman62 #6 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 07:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 20642 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
It's just an addition to yourself, like running some skin mods, if you don't like them you're not forced to use them, it won't affect you in any way.

Also tagged with crew skin, trait

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users