Blueprints and Merit awards

Merit Blueprints research

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

StrachwitzPzGraf #1 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 05:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41264 battles

Thought is might be useful to post some of what I learned today about blueprints and merit awards.

Use the Blueprints button (Upper left of screen) to toggle between XP and Blueprint research views.

The number of “fragments” needed to fully research a tank is indicted in the tech tree.

Tiers 1-4 you need 4 fragments (each fragment =25% discount on XP needed)

Tiers 5&6 need 6 fragments  (16% per fragment)

Tiers 7&8 need 8 fragments  (12%)

Tier 9 needs 10 and Tier 10 needs 12  (9% and 8% respectively)

Fragments are SPECIFIC to each tank.  I.E. you have not researched the French Lynx 6x6.  If you are awarded one of those blueprint fragments it will be automatically applied to that tank and show up in the tech tree as “1/8” under the Lynx 6x6 – meaning you have one of 8 fragments.

Blueprints and fragments only work for the base tank.  They do NOT help you with any of the tanks modules.  Those must still be researched via the XP method.

Merit awards are dropped randomly -- your performance and/or win/loss has nothing to do with the merit awards.   Frequency of playing does increase your chances to receive a merit award.  Must be in a tier 5 or higher tank to have a shot at a merit award.

Every time you receive a Merit award you also get at least one blueprint fragment.  With the fifth reward you get an at least one extra and maybe more -- you can receive multiple fragments in any reward drop.  Like the reward itself -- RANDOM.

If a fragment received belongs to a tank you have already researched it is automatically converted to EITHER a Universal fragment or a National fragment.  I.E. you receive a merit award and the fragment generated (randomly) is for your already researched AMX 38 – that fragment will be converted to either a universal or French National fragment.

Universal and National fragments can be combined to create a tank specific fragment.  In the Lynx 6x6 example you would need 10 Universal fragments AND three French National fragments to generate ONE Lynx 6x6 fragment.  Higher tiers need more Universal and nation specific fragments, click on the blueprint for the tank of interest to see the formula for each one.  Tier 10s take 12 Universal and 4 of that specific nation.

The bottom line:  While this is a freebie (and as such always welcome) it is not going to have a drastic impact on the speed of research (FXP is much faster).   Personally, I have only 70 unresearched tanks (and 13 of those are of no interest)– so there’s only about a 20% chance I’ll get a specific tank fragment needed… and some of those are low tiers or tanks that I never wanted to research anyway.  Having to then collect on average 14-16  various other bits – and do that something like 10 or 12 times with fragments being awarded in say one in 8 games (I don’t know the base probability of awards but got 5 rewards in 40 games).  So maybe playing 1,500 games to get one tier 9 tank researched… well, it may help, but it really is for newbies who have mostly unresearched tanks – it that regard it makes it more affordable and more “free” to play – and that’s a good thing.

EDIT: Having played a bit more and seeing the truly randomness of what's received -- my estimate of 1,500 games was wildly optimistic -- to actually get all the parts of a tier 9 would probably take more like 9,000 games -- could happen sooner and could also happen NEVER... so, take your discounts when you're ready.

Edited by StrachwitzPzGraf, Apr 01 2019 - 23:09.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #2 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 06:09

Major

• Players
  • 16742 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

How often are they supposed to drop or what are the drop chances?

stalkervision #3 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 06:28

Major

• Players
  • 67379 battles
Blueprints for perpetual motion machines.:P

StrachwitzPzGraf #4 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 07:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41264 battles

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Mar 21 2019 - 00:09, said:

How often are they supposed to drop or what are the drop chances?

Drops are random -- as I said, not sure of the chances per battle (those chances are supposed to increase as you play without getting a Merit award).

If we assume 10% is the base -- and an increase after each battle without getting the award of say 2% -- you should be getting the reward every 8-9 games...  at that rate it will take an extortionary number of game to complete the research of the 414 researchable tanks!  You need a total of 2,914 fragments -- if you got every fragment perfect fit every time (probability approaching zero, but it could happen)… you would have to play roughly 28-30K games.  It will be much more likely that you would have to play well over 150K games to get all the parts to research every tank... of course no one will be doing that.

KaiserWilhelmShatner #5 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 07:51

Major

• Players
  • 16742 battles
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G

View PostStrachwitzPzGraf, on Mar 20 2019 - 22:32, said:

Drops are random -- as I said, not sure of the chances per battle (those chances are supposed to increase as you play without getting a Merit award).

If we assume 10% is the base -- and an increase after each battle without getting the award of say 2% -- you should be getting the reward every 8-9 games...  at that rate it will take an extortionary number of game to complete the research of the 414 researchable tanks!  You need a total of 2,914 fragments -- if you got every fragment perfect fit every time (probability approaching zero, but it could happen)… you would have to play roughly 28-30K games.  It will be much more likely that you would have to play well over 150K games to get all the parts to research every tank... of course no one will be doing that.

Thanks for breaking it down for me.  Played 15 games tonight with 3 top on XP, 1 on bottom (those 1 shots), and the rest top 10.  I have received none so far.

xlxSumonaxlx #6 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 18:24

Corporal

• Players
  • 9351 battles
Can anyone confirm you could be playing in a Tier X and be awarded a Blueprint for a Tier II vehicle?

StrachwitzPzGraf #7 Posted Mar 21 2019 - 20:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41264 battles

View PostxlxSumonaxlx, on Mar 21 2019 - 12:24, said:

Can anyone confirm you could be playing in a Tier X and be awarded a Blueprint for a Tier II vehicle?

Yes absolutely -- even tier 1 -- although you never had to research a tier 1, the actual award could be for a tier 1 -- of course u'd never know since it would be automatically converted to a Universal or National fragment.  I have unresearched tier 2 tanks so it is possible I will get one of those fragments.

cheapbooks #8 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 02:14

Captain

• Players
  • 38706 battles
  • [CBKS] CBKS
I can confirm that blueprints are hard to understand

Zourn #9 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 14:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16570 battles
  • [PZMAF] PZMAF

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Mar 21 2019 - 07:51, said:

Thanks for breaking it down for me.  Played 15 games tonight with 3 top on XP, 1 on bottom (those 1 shots), and the rest top 10.  I have received none so far.

I feel your pain... :(

DiomedesRS6 #10 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24279 battles

View PostStrachwitzPzGraf, on Mar 21 2019 - 20:56, said:

Yes absolutely -- even tier 1 -- although you never had to research a tier 1, the actual award could be for a tier 1 -- of course u'd never know since it would be automatically converted to a Universal or National fragment.  I have unresearched tier 2 tanks so it is possible I will get one of those fragments.

No, not Tier 1, and not Absolutely.  Why are you making stuff up?

"Blueprints will drop at random and are available for vehicles of all branches and nations from Tier II-X"

From https://worldoftanks...test-1t/#random

StrachwitzPzGraf #11 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41264 battles

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Mar 22 2019 - 11:03, said:

No, not Tier 1, and not Absolutely.  Why are you making stuff up?

"Blueprints will drop at random and are available for vehicles of all branches and nations from Tier II-X"

From https://worldoftanks...test-1t/#random

I am not.  The tanks selected for a blueprint segment are random (or the fragments themselves) -- in any event -- look at tier 1.  It has a blueprint.  It is shown to be a 4 fragment blueprint.  Therefore, it is a tank from which a Fragment could be generated in a Merit drop.  I did NOT say that a tier 1 fragment would be applied to tier 1 tanks -- only that it is possible, as a reward Fragment.  Your note about Tier II-X implies to me that those fragments are where they would potentially be applied...

Now if you have specific information from WG to the contrary -- please share it... but for now the best that can be inferred from the information available is that ALL tanks with blueprints could have a random drop of a Fragment.

Edited by StrachwitzPzGraf, Mar 22 2019 - 22:05.

AZandEL #12 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 01:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29860 battles

View PostStrachwitzPzGraf, on Mar 21 2019 - 04:52, said:

Thought is might be useful to post some of what I learned today about blueprints and merit awards.

Use the Blueprints button (Upper left of screen) to toggle between XP and Blueprint research views.

The number of “fragments” needed to fully research a tank is indicted in the tech tree.

Tiers 1-4 you need 4 fragments (each fragment =25% discount on XP needed)

Tiers 5&6 need 6 fragments  (16% per fragment)

Tiers 7&8 need 8 fragments  (12%)

Tier 9 needs 10 and Tier 10 needs 12  (9% and 8% respectively)

Fragments are SPECIFIC to each tank.  I.E. you have not researched the French Lynx 6x6.  If you are awarded one of those blueprint fragments it will be automatically applied to that tank and show up in the tech tree as “1/8” under the Lynx 6x6 – meaning you have one of 8 fragments.

Blueprints and fragments only work for the base tank.  They do NOT help you with any of the tanks modules.  Those must still be researched via the XP method.

Merit awards are dropped randomly -- your performance and/or win/loss has nothing to do with the merit awards.   Frequency of playing does increase your chances to receive a merit award.  Must be in a tier 5 or higher tank to have a shot at a merit award.

Every time you receive a Merit award you also get a blueprint fragment.  With the fifth reward you get an extra fragment.

If a fragment received belongs to a tank you have already researched it is automatically converted to EITHER a Universal fragment or a National fragment.  I.E. you receive a merit award and the fragment generated (randomly) is for your already researched AMX 38 – that fragment will be converted to either a universal or French National fragment.

Universal and National fragments can be combined to create a tank specific fragment.  In the Lynx 6x6 example you would need 10 Universal fragments AND three French National fragments to generate ONE Lynx 6x6 fragment.  Higher tiers need more Universal and nation specific fragments, click on the blueprint for the tank of interest to see the formula for each one.  Tier 10s take 12 Universal and 4 of that specific nation.

The bottom line:  While this is a freebie (and as such always welcome) it is not going to have a drastic impact on the speed of research (FXP is much faster).   Personally, I have only 70 unresearched tanks (and 13 of those are of no interest)– so there’s only about a 20% chance I’ll get a specific tank fragment needed… and some of those are low tiers or tanks that I never wanted to research anyway.  Having to then collect on average 14-16  various other bits – and do that something like 10 or 12 times with fragments being awarded in say one in 8 games (I don’t know the base probability of awards but got 5 rewards in 40 games).  So maybe playing 1,500 games to get one tier 9 tank researched… well, it may help, but it really is for newbies who have mostly unresearched tanks – it that regard it makes it more affordable and more “free” to play – and that’s a good thing.

So what is the point of it? I dont see how these and all the other things make this game more fun to play but guess its just me.

StrachwitzPzGraf #13 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 02:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41264 battles

The point is for New players -- when you combine the "merit" (i.e. participation) rewards with drop of blueprint fragments -- it becomes cheaper and faster to unlock tanks.

For new players with few tier 7+ tanks researched the discount in XP + the rewards of various equipment, credits, and FXP... all combine to let them get into the higher tiers faster... without paying for premium time or tanks.  

Free is free and as such is appreciated.   

BlaqWolf #14 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 22:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22088 battles
  • [NVRDY] NVRDY

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Mar 21 2019 - 00:51, said:

Yeah... being as it's not performance based, it makes pretty much zero sense.
Should be awarded like bonds... top five XP get a good one, middle five get a small one, and the bottom five nothing.
OFC, this is going to inordinately favor the super grinders and decent players.. but no way any game has ever been developed to curb the excess given to no-lifers.

Considering how *many* vehicles are in the game, and how many it takes to complete a vehicle... these silly things should be dropping after every battle.  It'll still take thousands of battles to accomplish anything with them.

Edited by BlaqWolf, Apr 01 2019 - 23:08.

StrachwitzPzGraf #15 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 23:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41264 battles

View PostBlaqWolf, on Apr 01 2019 - 16:46, said:

Yeah... being as it's not performance based, it makes pretty much zero sense.
Should be awarded like bonds... top five XP get a good one, middle five get a small one, and the bottom five nothing.
OFC, this is going to inordinately favor the super grinders and decent players.. but no way any game has ever been developed to curb the excess given to no-lifers.

Considering how *many* vehicles are in the game, and how many it takes to complete a vehicle... these silly things should be dropping after every battle.  It'll still take thousands of battles to accomplish anything with them.

Your correct that it could take "thousands" of game -- but I disagree on the "accomplishment" -- every unresearched tank blueprint fragment will provides a discount... in about 200 games I have fragments that will reduce the XP needed for my Conqueror, WZ  111-4, Obj 277, and VK45.02 -- so, less than thousands and certainly will be able to do something with these discounts.

PLUS -- you get other stuff too... free is free -- play, collect, use as you can... just don't play as if you're completing a mission -- as a mission as in  trying for a Maus for free (getting all the BP parts to completely research it) -- probably drive yourself crazy before you get that tank.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #16 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 09:03

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7995 battles
Played at least 20+ battles the other day and during the whole session i only got 1 merit reward added towards the big prize, now i don't know about you but the video sure made it sound like we were going to be getting a random reward probably every 5,6, or 7 battles, nowhere close to the actual 20 that it took me, keep in mind there's supposed to be some sort of increase to the chances for every battle where you don't get a reward? but heck if i could tell that, not to mention i had some pretty good darn good battles, top XP in a few of them.

StrachwitzPzGraf #17 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 21:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41264 battles

VOLCANIC -- Nope -- then entire thing is Random... the gap between battles -- I've seen none (i.e. back to back drops) and I've seen as many as 21 battles before a drop.  Your results make no discernable  difference on the frequency -- that's key DISCERNABLE -- there may be a mechanism at work, but no one has access to or knowledge of what that is or if there even is one.

What you receive is random too.

Don't treat this like a mission -- something to be pursued/accomplished -- just play for other reasons and be "happy" when you get a participation reward (there's no merit involved as far as anyone knows).  Your blood pressure with thank you.

Edited by StrachwitzPzGraf, Apr 02 2019 - 21:48.

Cushing63 #18 Posted Jun 20 2019 - 23:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 2839 battles

This is just another overly complicated reward system from WoT to confuse and ultimately drive more players away, with promise of rewards, but make it so difficult to understand and receive, it's not worth it.

I have 40 "UNIVERSAL" blueprints.  I click on SP1C and see the blueprint.  It shows  8 "FRAGMENTS".  Aren't "fragments" a smaller unit than "blueprints" (in the English language)?  (Like paragraph, compared to a book) .  Then why do I have to exchange 6 blueprints for a fragment? + "tank specific" blueprints. 

The last time, they came up with another GARBAGE REWARD SYSTEM.  I accidentally, used up my universal - whatever they called it - for my reward tank Mission because their instructions SUCK and I couldn't bypass my Arty mission for the reward tank.  I was stuck at the 14th level.....since I don't play arty.

Also, these "MISSIONS" don't encourage teamplay - and they don't reward teamplay.  It's so sad to see people running around suiciding trying to accomplish missions.

GARBAGE

Also tagged with Merit, Blueprints, research

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users