STB-1 Or Cent AX?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

BuckSparkles #1 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 02:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10558 battles

Hi, I have been contemplating my next tier 10 to work towards. I think I am aiming toward a med, since I don't really desire to fire gold, t10 med's have excellent natural pen which I really like. I refuse to touch anything russian anymore, so I have been looking toward the STB-1 and Cent AX.

Anybody with experience with these two who like them have any recommendations which has a slight edge?

Currently my tier 10's are leopard 1, E100, Jag E 100, 113, WZ-111 5A, and 121. I do love both my Leopard 1 and 121, so I can work with less loved tanks.

And again, I don't really wish to hear "play russian". Game would be rather boring if everybody just played 430U's, yeah?

vyle02 #2 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 02:37

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31792 battles
  • [M0B] M0B
Wait and see what they do to buff the STB-1, its getting buffed later this year, but as for right now, the Cent AX no question, the STB gun handling is unbearable. 

BuckSparkles #3 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 02:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10558 battles

View Postvyle02, on Mar 22 2019 - 01:37, said:

Wait and see what they do to buff the STB-1, its getting buffed later this year, but as for right now, the Cent AX no question, the STB gun handling is unbearable. 

Interesting. Any idea what they have in mind? Or it is just a tank that they have on a list of tanks that need to be looked at?

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #4 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 02:41

Captain

• Players
  • 36200 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI

Personally don't have the STB but one things for sure, I'm never getting it unless WG updates it to make it worth playing.

Compared to the Cent AX, it's like night and day. 

Cent is statistically better in every way except DPM with the STB having roughly 200 more.

Cent offers better dispersion and that's one thing I've heard that is a set back on the STB.

Not to discourage you from the Cent but it's ammo is easily damaged, it'll be damaged 1/3 shots since its in the front hull

:rolleyes:

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 02:41

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 45448 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

I have been on a rather recent hot/love streak with the CAX and my current immediate goal is a CAX 3 mark.  The CAX can basically go wherever it wants at 50+ has a reload that can get below 7 seconds for pew pew, excellent gun depression, and rather solid gun handling on top of all that.  It's also a rather sweet looking tank to boot.  

While I have nothing bad to say about the STB-1, my few battles in it were not bad ones.  If my current CAX hot run is any indication, I will spread to more tier tens and hopefully keep it on.

The STB-1 does have a much more troll turret than the CAX but has gun handling that feels much more mediocre in comparison.  The CAX turret is super squish and doesn't hold up to much of anything.

Insanefriend #6 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 02:50

Captain

• Players
  • 45378 battles
Both are good tanks in the right hands, so it really comes down to preference and tanks in the line.  Assuming your not just going to free xp to tier ten, all the brit mediums have a edge over the Japanese ones.  They used to be about the same, but when they buffed the cent's turret armor the brit tank line is just better all around.  The only thing the tier 8/9 Japanese mediums have going for them is their small size, they can fit into places the bigger tanks cannot.

BuckSparkles #7 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 03:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10558 battles

View PostAl_Scarface_Capone_, on Mar 22 2019 - 01:41, said:

Personally don't have the STB but one things for sure, I'm never getting it unless WG updates it to make it worth playing.

Compared to the Cent AX, it's like night and day. 

Cent is statistically better in every way except DPM with the STB having roughly 200 more.

Cent offers better dispersion and that's one thing I've heard that is a set back on the STB.

Not to discourage you from the Cent but it's ammo is easily damaged, it'll be damaged 1/3 shots since its in the front hull

:rolleyes:

Oh trust me, I am very used to ammo being easily damaged. Somebody looks at me the wrong way in -any- of my chinese tanks the ammo is damaged.

Used to it on my german boi's too.

One lovely thing about playing chinese tanks for so much is being used to crap module placement and crap depression.

I just wouldn't mind trying something that can hull down and look down a hill safely.

oldewolfe #8 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 10:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 22714 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Yah, the Buff coming to the STB'1 should be Interesting....      I like my AX, I don't play it as Often as I ought to because RNG and WoT don't like the Tank as much as I do....      The AX and the other Brits just got their's a while Back.....

I'd say get Both, but start where ever you're Closest and most Comfortable....     Then, get the 2nd.... 

Exiledcrow #9 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 20:39

Major

• Players
  • 49464 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
Haven't played the Cent, but man the STB is a stinker at the moment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users