Crew skins vs MM

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 14:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 40264 battles

Don't get me wrong I am sure some people are interested in crew skins and that is fine.  But to many of us it is a feature that will never be used.  I for one LOATHE +2 MM which is equally as frustrating as selecting a tank only to find it is a terrible tank for the map you are assigned.  Roughly 60-75% of the battles in modern world of tanks are throw away games.  Games that you go play aggressively and hope to get killed to end the misery so you can roll the dice on a better match next time.  There are several days where I only get an hour to play in that day and will go the entire day without 1 entertaining battle.

In what world is crew skins a higher priority than making MOST battles entertaining for players?

shinglefoot #2 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 14:28

Major

• Players
  • 24611 battles

View PostTedsc, on Mar 22 2019 - 09:17, said:

Don't get me wrong I am sure some people are interested in crew skins and that is fine.  But to many of us it is a feature that will never be used.  I for one LOATHE +2 MM which is equally as frustrating as selecting a tank only to find it is a terrible tank for the map you are assigned.  Roughly 60-75% of the battles in modern world of tanks are throw away games.  Games that you go play aggressively and hope to get killed to end the misery so you can roll the dice on a better match next time.  There are several days where I only get an hour to play in that day and will go the entire day without 1 entertaining battle.

In what world is crew skins a higher priority than making MOST battles entertaining for players?

The money world...

dont_ping_me #3 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 14:35

Major

• Players
  • 81374 battles
I couldn't agree with you more. The pain inflicted by MM feels even worse after playing front lines. This should be their number one priority, but 2 years later we are still suffering this.

Desert_Fox_1969 #4 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 14:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 32971 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

MM is still utter garbage. 

Limit it to +/- 1 tier. 

Wheelies need their own class as they are not light tanks but AFV's which need to be addressed by MM. 

Get some sort of skill based MM. Way too often all purple players end up on one team vs all red players on the other.

janewaykirk #5 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 15:21

Private

• -Players-
  • 1985 battles
  • [MECHS] MECHS

View PostTedsc, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:17, said:

As granny use to say here's a quarter to call some who cares

xwallsmith #6 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 15:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 47934 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

I completely don't understand the purpose of Crew Skins. They are not visible for the most part and zero impact on the game. Maybe if your crew was hanging around the tank in garage or something but otherwise they don't exist. As far as MM goes, last night the Q was much slower (over a minute several times) but I thought the teams seemed better balanced (assessment after only one night of play).

Goat_Rodeo #7 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 15:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14844 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4
It’s like polishing the brass fittings on a garbage scow...

cavalry11 #8 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 15:28

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47759 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
Yes people do care MM is a major problem and WG doesn't care. Also it is correct about the unbalance in skills, should not be that hard to address because they have there own rating system.

GWyatt #9 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3804 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostTedsc, on Mar 22 2019 - 08:17, said:

While I agree that mm certainly needs some work (a great deal actually) , crew skins and MM have nothing to do with each other.

Software development for larger development teams have different people doing different jobs. The persons that did the crew skins are not likely to know anything about programing MM, that is someone (or group) else.

Your priorities (and mine) do not change the development team makeup nor their jobs/talents. You can't expect a graphic designer to write code, and you can't expect a code writer to understand game development or project management. Every medium to large software runs this way, it's just business.

Tedsc #10 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 40264 battles

View PostGWyatt, on Mar 22 2019 - 16:34, said:

While I agree that mm certainly needs some work (a great deal actually) , crew skins and MM have nothing to do with each other.

Software development for larger development teams have different people doing different jobs. The persons that did the crew skins are not likely to know anything about programing MM, that is someone (or group) else.

Your priorities (and mine) do not change the development team makeup nor their jobs/talents. You can't expect a graphic designer to write code, and you can't expect a code writer to understand game development or project management. Every medium to large software runs this way, it's just business.

You are not wrong about the different developers having different scopes assessment, the part that is being lost in this is that  MM fixes were identified as a key problem with the game and they are now giving the impression that it is a low priority item.  By analogy when Toyota had a problem with air bags, they had the good sense to focus all their outward facing energy on addressing the airbag problem, no new product launches and definetly no cosmetic announcements made while they had a very real and serious problem to address.  That doesn't mean the teams that design the interiors of next year's models were not still picking out leather and fabric behind the scenes, but Toyota had the good sense to appear 100% focused on the big problem.  The problem with the crew skin update is that it makes WG look distracted and/or dismissive.  

WG told us they knew they had a problem with 3/5/7, they said they would address it in 6 months or so and it has been 6 months and all we have is a proposal that is at best a band aid.  It still has +2 MM happening WAY to often!  But they haven't even given us the damn band aid yet.  We get CREW SKINS instead....  CREW SKINS!  I don't mean to be rude but it is almost like they said to a group of developers " what is the most meaningless feature we could add to this game?  Do what you can to make that happen! and make sure it comes out before any tangible traction on the MM problem comes out so people know just how low a priority that is to us".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users