Jump to content


SPG Rework!


  • Please log in to reply
197 replies to this topic

I_QQ_4_U #41 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20906 battles
  • 5,297
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PosttheSparatan117, on Mar 22 2019 - 15:12, said:

 

This... would be nice. I've used my EBRs to punch through the lines and lit up every single Artillery on the enemy team. Our Artillery pieces (without communication) completely ignored them while they were lit and continued firing at the front lines and tanks with easy penetration. 

 

 

 

 Yeah, that rarely happens. If your arty didn't fire at lit enemy arty it's because they were either reloading, they knew by the time they readjusted their aim there's was a good chance they'd have gone dark again or there are far more important targets to shoot, SPG's are very low on that list BUT they are the primary concern of other SPG's early in the game so in virtually every case if an SPG gets lit early other SPG's will fire at them if they can.

I_QQ_4_U #42 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:27

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20906 battles
  • 5,297
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:26, said:

 

ABOUT FING TIME!!!

 

After watching the video, here is my feedback:

 

  1. Reduce the amount in each battle to 2
  2. Reduce the number of researchable arty (T6-T8)
  3. Give then smoke and illumination rounds (you have this in FL, so use it in randoms)
  4. Reduce the range of all arty to 445 meters
  5. Eliminate the shotgun ability entirely. 
  6. Increase the mobility on all SPG's.
  7. Add more true arty cover to open maps.

 

1 I doubt that would happen, why piss off your players even more?

2 Why?

3 Wow, that would REALLY get the whiners whining.

4 Unless you make them all like the 304 then LOL!!!

5 Utterly moronic idea.

6 Sure but I doubt they could increase it enough to be useful with some of the behemoth types.

7 Sure.



F1O1 #43 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 60 battles
  • 765
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS
  • Member since:
    01-11-2012

Make all artillery tanks destroyers.   lol

Their guns turn into HE guns, no real different than Hetzer, or T40, or stock SU152

Just make all SPG, new tank destroyer lines.  They don't have armour, aren't really fast, most are huge - but they can HE derp like Hetzer

 



Atragon #44 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 42164 battles
  • 3,805
  • Member since:
    04-22-2012
They need to reduce the blast radius and take away arty's ability to see destroyed objects on the minimap (illegal for any other tank to use) that allows them to blind shoot to stun you. Take away arty's ability to see stats of enemy players.

Edited by Atragon, Mar 22 2019 - 16:58.


el_mucho_dingdong #45 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:36

    Captain

  • Players
  • 23380 battles
  • 1,858
  • [NCA] NCA
  • Member since:
    11-01-2012

View PostRaynorShyne, on Mar 22 2019 - 07:19, said:

The only thing that will keep the arty haters happy is just removing it from the game completely and utterly.  

 

Then we;ll be all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.

 

You can tell that by the endless, biased polls that repeatedly show arty is not the problem and the community doesn't want it removed.   There are legitimate debates about damage, the stun mechanic, and number-per, but the peripheral white-noise is deafening.  

 



nuclearguy931 #46 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 79644 battles
  • 10,226
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

Lol, listening to you all.

 

The way around this is to wait till the stun counter on the hit tank is gone then hit it again. The reduced stun only comes into play if the tank getting hit is still stunned. Players getting stunned are going to use their med kits to heal their crew fast and when they do, they eliminate themselves from the 2nd hit stun reduction.

 

Aside from that, the only real change is the Spall Liner is going to have more of a safety net for the tank using it, and so it should. Tanks on the outer limit of the stun range will be reduced in both damage and stun effect, not so bad.

 

I'll still be here watching the forums light up with all the whiners and criers once these changes take effect, it'll still be the same people complaining about the arty that are now.

 

Don't like it, go play Blitz will still be the same answer for you.



Altwar #47 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 56870 battles
  • 4,684
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View PostDockmaster, on Mar 22 2019 - 05:54, said:

The next post I want to see about ARTY might go like this.

 

"WG removes artillery from it's flagship game "World of Tanks". Artillery owners will be compensated with GOLD for each SPG surrendered." 

 

 

Such a compensation is just about worthless to veteran players with a host of tanks and little else to grind for.



I_QQ_4_U #48 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:43

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20906 battles
  • 5,297
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016

View PostAtragon, on Mar 22 2019 - 16:35, said:

They need to reduce the blast radius and take away arty's ability to see destroyed objects on the minimap that allows them to blind shoot in to stun you. Take away arty's ability to see stats of enemy players.

 

So we get constant whining about SPG's not doing CB and now you want to remove on of the most effective ways to do CB. How you are you going to stop players from using a mod ONLY when in one class of tank?

spud_tuber #49 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 55849 battles
  • 7,360
  • Member since:
    08-26-2013
These proposed general changes are a pretty big nerf to arty, including their ability to earn XP as well as their ability to win.  As a class, they are already below average at winning.  Going to be interesting to see what the individual unit changes are.  If they aren't buffs for most units, WG is basically throwing away any concept of balance for SPGs, and their noble claims of making SPGs better for both sides will be more hot air.

Gang_Starr #50 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 15957 battles
  • 3,299
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014
Arty farms damage from complete safety without needing a line of sight on the enemy, until they fix that it will always be broken.

Mikosah #51 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:52

    Major

  • Players
  • 17582 battles
  • 4,315
  • Member since:
    01-24-2013

View PostYANKEE137, on Mar 22 2019 - 07:42, said:

Just take arty "off board". The player gets a scout vehicle with the unique ability to call in strikes instead, just like frontline.  You could still grind for different tiers and calibers of arty support and smoke screens. This would put the arty player at or near the front and make him a more normal team member.

 

 

 

 

Not a bad idea, honestly. The call-ins served the role better (and would be a thousand times easier to balance) than the SPG class itself. If the arta had to be made functional, there are ways to do that too. Tanks like the KV-2 and Hetzer are fantastic examples of arta that fulfill the role without causing problems.

WhiteBishop #52 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 16:56

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 4381 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

View PostRaynorShyne, on Mar 22 2019 - 15:19, said:

The only thing that will keep the arty haters happy is just removing it from the game completely and utterly.  

 

Then we;ll be all sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows.

 

You can tell that by the endless, biased polls that repeatedly show arty is not the problem and the community doesn't want it removed.   There are legitimate debates about damage, the stun mechanic, and number-per, but the peripheral white-noise is deafening.  

 

What's that? All my crew are suffering from tinnitus due to the twenty-second-plus stun from three artillery pieces all focusing and missing the actual tank their in. 



Deputy276 #53 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 19830 battles
  • 5,675
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View Post1stTanks, on Mar 22 2019 - 08:08, said:

Maximum of 2 arty per battle and I’d be content. (Though I’d love to see them removed. Ain’t happening)

 

Yep....agree with this. Maximum of 2 arty per battle or LESS. I know full well they will never remove it. That would be the ideal situation. But not gonna happen. They concentrated on only ONE issue in this fix. And it wasn't even all that important an issue. I don't want or need bigger maps. That would just extend the time of game play and I'm not gonna sit around waiting 20+ minutes for some dweeb to find and kill the last hiding light tank. Meanwhile, my tank is locked in until the battle ends. Forget that crap. And arty certainly doesn't need a "damage buff". Arty is already totally unrealistic in the game as it is. Arty was never meant to shoot individual tanks. That is the gaminess of WOT. That was the only way Russians could figure to shoehorn artillery into a tank game. Arty is mainly an anti-personnel weapon. Not an anti-tank weapon. 

Deputy276 #54 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 19830 battles
  • 5,675
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostAltwar, on Mar 22 2019 - 09:43, said:

 

 

Such a compensation is just about worthless to veteran players with a host of tanks and little else to grind for.

 

LOL...you mean all 25 "veteran players" that are still around? :D:D:D:D

RaynorShyne #55 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:12

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26878 battles
  • 1,341
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

View PostGang_Starr, on Mar 22 2019 - 09:51, said:

Arty farms damage from complete safety without needing a line of sight on the enemy, until they fix that it will always be broken.

 

Complete and TOTAL safety.  That's why arty never dies, and lives on in perpetuity and all battles end in draws.  

 

OR

 

"Initially, artillery is in a hidden location (much like passive scouts and TD's) and are at significant;y greater threat when spotted"



RaynorShyne #56 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:14

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26878 battles
  • 1,341
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

View PostDeputy276, on Mar 22 2019 - 10:07, said:

 

Yep....agree with this. Maximum of 2 arty per battle or LESS. I know full well they will never remove it. That would be the ideal situation. But not gonna happen. They concentrated on only ONE issue in this fix. And it wasn't even all that important an issue. I don't want or need bigger maps. That would just extend the time of game play and I'm not gonna sit around waiting 20+ minutes for some dweeb to find and kill the last hiding light tank. Meanwhile, my tank is locked in until the battle ends. Forget that crap. And arty certainly doesn't need a "damage buff". Arty is already totally unrealistic in the game as it is. Arty was never meant to shoot individual tanks. That is the gaminess of WOT. That was the only way Russians could figure to shoehorn artillery into a tank game. Arty is mainly an anti-personnel weapon. Not an anti-tank weapon. 

 

Ah, the 'realism' argument for a game with auto-fixes and zombie reincarnation.  Please - go on about the lack of realism please?

 

 



Gang_Starr #57 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 15957 battles
  • 3,299
  • Member since:
    04-09-2014

View PostRaynorShyne, on Mar 22 2019 - 11:12, said:

 

Complete and TOTAL safety.  That's why arty never dies, and lives on in perpetuity and all battles end in draws.  

 

OR

 

"Initially, artillery is in a hidden location (much like passive scouts and TD's) and are at significant;y greater threat when spotted"

 

Arty is the last to die in 99% of the matches. Arty can sit behind a house or rock or mountain or in a dip and do damage meanwhile the passive scouts and TDs you're talking about are in a bush and will get spotted as soon as they shoot. Arty does not need a line of sight on the enemy to damage/kill them, every other vehicle in the game does. Stop spewing misinformation.

nuclearguy931 #58 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:37

    Major

  • Players
  • 79644 battles
  • 10,226
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostGang_Starr, on Mar 22 2019 - 11:31, said:

 

Arty is the last to die in 99% of the matches. Arty can sit behind a house or rock or mountain or in a dip and do damage meanwhile the passive scouts and TDs you're talking about are in a bush and will get spotted as soon as they shoot. Arty does not need a line of sight on the enemy to damage/kill them, every other vehicle in the game does. Stop spewing misinformation.

 

And you have statistical proof of your 99% claim?...I doubt it.

 

Arty is actually taken out of the game quicker now with the introduction of the new wheelies.

 

I love the arty whiners and criers with their exaggerated statistical and baseless claims that they take as fact....Fake News....lol.



WhiteBishop #59 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:41

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 4381 battles
  • 288
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

View Postnuclearguy931, on Mar 22 2019 - 16:37, said:

 

And you have statistical proof of your 99% claim?...I doubt it.

 

Arty is actually taken out of the game quicker now with the introduction of the new wheelies.

 

I love the arty whiners and criers with their exaggerated statistical and baseless claims that they take as fact....Fake News....lol.

 

What's that? I can't take you seriously when you're doing the exact same thing. And who're the ones that have the stigma of suiciding at the losing end of the round?

Edited by WhiteBishop, Mar 22 2019 - 17:43.


Trauglodyte #60 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:44

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19364 battles
  • 3,108
  • [GSH] GSH
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:26, said:

 

ABOUT FING TIME!!!

 

After watching the video, here is my feedback:

 

  1. Reduce the amount in each battle to 2
  2. Reduce the number of researchable arty (T6-T8)
  3. Give then smoke and illumination rounds (you have this in FL, so use it in randoms)
  4. Reduce the range of all arty to 445 meters
  5. Eliminate the shotgun ability entirely. 
  6. Increase the mobility on all SPG's.
  7. Add more true arty cover to open maps.

 

It is a very good thing that you're not in charge of balance.  I'm sure that a 445 meter max range on a tank that has 550 health and 50 mm of base armor would be AMAZING at a 445 meter cap.  Especially, given that tier 10 SPGs have like 350 meters of vision, standard.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users