Object 279e missions

missions campaign 279

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Insanefriend #1 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:27

Captain

• Players
  • 42800 battles

Any chance we can get the object 279 missions changed from a flat in a row or nothing to a rolling in a row?

What I mean by this just so everyone understands.

Currently the missions are setup to require the player to complete an objective within a certain number of games.  I am fine with the battle limit, as they seem reasonable.  My problem is that the counter completely resets when you reach the required number of battles.  Rather then just keeping a running total to meet the missions requirements.  I'd rather the mission not reset but keep a running tally with the first battle falling off once the battle limit is reached.  

I think this would make the missions seem less demanding for causal players.  Since you wouldn't need to pick the mission and only focus on the goal of the mission.  You could just pick the mission and be more likely to have a set it and forget it set.

Example, 

Alliance 1, sure shooter.

In five out of ten battles get the, "Fire for effect" award, honors get the award seven times.

After starting the mission you get the following, 

Battle 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Award x     x x   x   x x

You'd have a total of six awards to complete the mission but without honors, to get honored you'd need to restart the mission and play ten more battles.  With a rolling total you could complete the honors in two more battles rather then need to play ten more.

With a rolling total you could complete the mission with honors with a string of matches like below. With battle one being replaced by number eleven, two by twelve, and three by thirteen.  

Battle 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Award x       x x   x   x x       x    x 

You are still completing the mission requirements within the ten battle limit, you just are not restarting the mission after each bad string.  Preventing the need to keep grinding a restart if for what ever reason you just missed the mark for completing the mission with honors.

Dead_Zombie #2 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 39670 battles
seems like a legit solution to me.

Also tagged with missions, campaign, 279

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users