What do you think about the arty rebalance announcement?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Arty rebalance anyone? (127 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you think about the new arty rebalance?

1. About time (14 votes [11.02%])

Percentage of vote: 11.02%

2. Not enough (24 votes [18.90%])

Percentage of vote: 18.90%

3. Yay!! (8 votes [6.30%])

Percentage of vote: 6.30%

4. Just remove sky cancer altogether. (48 votes [37.80%])

Percentage of vote: 37.80%

5. Can't vote cause I'm crying (14 votes [11.02%])

Percentage of vote: 11.02%

6. Huh? Someone said bacon? (19 votes [14.96%])

Percentage of vote: 14.96%

Vote Hide poll

NutrientibusMeaGallus #61 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 00:49

Major

• Players
  • 22577 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PostMetal_Church, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:11, said:

i think you never had it bad with arty.

look at my start date...... I remember when there were 5 arty per side, and they one shot, and tier 4 faced like tier 9.

AverageWannabe #62 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 01:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4313 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 24 2019 - 20:00, said:

Do you need a count?

OvO

Hey desperado that's my line! ....now I needa add "thief" to the list.

oOJimmyJROo #63 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 12:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 11395 battles
  • [AUST] AUST

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Mar 24 2019 - 05:08, said:

So, I read your post, and it is thought-provoking, as well as fairly self-explanatory.

Your problem with arty is when arty is in conditions favorable to arty, i.e., numbers and good arty maps.

Calling this a problem is fundamentally prejudiced.  All AFVs in the game deserve maps that they are good on, and all classes have maps that they are bad on.

You are literally saying that your only problem with them is when they have the advantages that you want when you play your preferred tanks.

That is just an unbalanced, unfair opinion.

I'm not sure how it came across that I don't think arty should have an advantage on some maps. I completely agree that all tank classes should have their chance to shine and their advantages. That is the whole point of tank classes and one of the most fundamentally important things of the game. Otherwise we would all be running around in the same tank and it would be completely boring and strategically vacuous. 

When I play arty, I look forward to the maps where I have a chance to do well (Westfield, Mali, Prok etc), and I dislike the maps where arty's role is overly limited and predictable (e.g Himmels, Paris with 3 arty when I'm are playing arty are two that I don't like seeing). Arty players should absolutely have that opportunity to have an advantage (as much as any other class) or it would be no fun. I'm just saying that in some of those scenarios, because of the different mechanics of arty, it is out of control when there are 3 per side, and IMO that is the reason that there is this whole debate about arty.

My suggestion that 2 arty per side is a better option than nerfing the artillery vehicles themselves is entirely consistent with artillery continuing to have an advantage on some maps. In fact, I'd be happy to have changes to the city maps to make arty play more effective across the entire suite of maps if there were fewer arty allowed on the field.

Edited by oOJimmyJROo, Mar 26 2019 - 12:31.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users