What do you think about the arty rebalance announcement?

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

Poll: Arty rebalance anyone? (127 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battles in order to participate this poll.

What do you think about the new arty rebalance?

1. About time (14 votes [11.02%])

Percentage of vote: 11.02%

2. Not enough (24 votes [18.90%])

Percentage of vote: 18.90%

3. Yay!! (8 votes [6.30%])

Percentage of vote: 6.30%

4. Just remove sky cancer altogether. (48 votes [37.80%])

Percentage of vote: 37.80%

5. Can't vote cause I'm crying (14 votes [11.02%])

Percentage of vote: 11.02%

6. Huh? Someone said bacon? (19 votes [14.96%])

Percentage of vote: 14.96%

Vote Hide poll

thorus08 #41 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 12:08

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 27650 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

View PostKerosedge, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:46, said:

It's like listening to the 3% of the population doing all the bi**hing. Keep changing s**t so everyone is miserable. Way to go WG you're an idiot.

To be fair, most of the pvp games I've played going back as far as Daoc have had negative returns on additional debuffs/CC.  If you consider stun a debuff(which it is), that change falls in line with what's considered pretty common practice of multiplayer pvp titles.  As far as the rest of the changes...I can't comment to.

AverageWannabe #42 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 15:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4300 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View PostoOJimmyJROo, on Mar 23 2019 - 04:20, said:

IMO it is the number of SPGs not power of SPGs that is the problem. 

I look forward to the games when I see no arty, but I think that feeling is amplified by the fact of seeing 3 arty and hating it so many times.

If I take a step back from the accumulated dislike of arty due to seeing 3 arty so many times, and try to be objective, I would say that I have no problem with 1 or even 2 arty, because I can see it adds a dimension to the game -- it reinforces the strategic value of good scouting, and allows a team to press an advantage if we can break enemy lines and kill their arty. 

The problem, and what I hate seeing, is 3 arty. Particularly on open maps like Westfield, Malinovka or Prokorovka. It is these scenarios that are utterly cancerous, and what I think most people object to. There is basically nowhere to hide if you are on the front line and it leads to camping heavies and the sort of play that upsets/annoys most players (IMO).

The proposed changes which limit the cumulative stun effects of multiple arty doesn't solve the problem of 3 arty. So you get stunned less, great, but you still get wrecked by arty.

In terms of the poll, for it to be useful I think it would need to include an option to reduce number of SPGs, which I think many would support, and we see also in this thread.

IMO, nerfing the stun is a weak approach that skirts around the real problem. The real issue -- the elephant in the room -- is still the number of arty.

The above comments are aimed at what I think would be best for the game overall and as response to the concerns of the community that we constantly see in game in relation to the class that is understandably known as the sky cancer in its current form. If arty were limited to 1 or 2, I think there is a good chance that the hatred of arty, which in itself is a cancer on the game (team killing of arty and suchlike) would largely go away. 

On a personal note, as someone who only plays arty to complete missions. For me, the changes currently proposed (basically nerfing stun) will actually make the most annoying grinds in the game (arty missions) more annoying, because the arty missions will be harder to complete, as a lot of them are based on stun duration, or needing to finish on top in XP which will be harder with less assistance from stun. Fortunately, I've done first campaign on this account, but I'm midway through it on my newer local account (since finding the little server in Australia), so overall the proposed changes get a down vote from me. If you leave the power the same but limit arty to 1 or 2, general game play would be more enjoyable and the arty missions would remain bearable.

--

Hey bro, I think your post is very thoughtful and makes a lot of sense.

To be honest this post was more about giving a little bit of a hard time to those arty players that have been a PITA for so long for all the honest non cancerous players (lol). I wanted to have a little bit of a laugh and annoy them for a minute, you know? Give them a little bit of their own medicine so to speak... hence the skewed poll. So yeah, any serious poll should contain the reduce arty number option since it is the most important nerf they should implement by far.

Though I gotta tell you, i think that the addition of the wheeled vehicles is a huge step towards balancing arty, WG really needs to take that into consideration when nerfing the cancer, otherwise they are going to unbalance it all over again but this time against arty. So, BE CAREFUL WARGAMING!  Wheeled vehicles are a HUGE factor to consider.

Personally I think the nerfing they are proposing is kind of ok i guess? I would still limit arty to 2 per game each team (that's really all they need to do) and that's it. And they definitely need to throw arty players a bone in compensation for all the nerfs... maybe more credits per game? Better mobility? Or better vision? ...oh, and the missions need to be reworked for sure!

Edited by AverageWannabe, Mar 23 2019 - 20:52.

dunniteowl #43 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 19:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 27800 battles

Can't vote, because poll is lopsided.  Does not cover the other end of the spectrum.

That said, what do you expect from someone who wants to be average?  We used to call 'wannabes' Posers.  Well he certainly posed for this one.

Not at all concerned with the changes.  I'll adapt and make those whiners cry some more.  I'll make them wish they'd never downloaded this game.  

Then again, my guess is those vehement op-posers to having SPGs at all will never stop crying, even after (if) they removed arty.  They'll then begin to rag on those Red Line Chai Sniping TDs and they'll end up sounding just as toxic to that group as they have been to SPGs.

Why?

Haters gonna hate, that's why.

OvO

Edited by dunniteowl, Mar 23 2019 - 20:49.

WeSayNotToday #44 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 19:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21773 battles

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 23 2019 - 09:53, said:

Should just remove it.

It's just a crutch for old people.

Suppose you are right.  I do not agree with you, but just suppose...

you should add, "...with money, who help keep the game populated, and also play other tanks, and provide targets for me."

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Mar 23 2019 - 20:08.

WeSayNotToday #45 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21773 battles

View PostoOJimmyJROo, on Mar 23 2019 - 08:20, said:

IMO it is the number of SPGs not power of SPGs that is the problem. 

I look forward to the games when I see no arty, but I think that feeling is amplified by the fact of seeing 3 arty and hating it so many times.

The problem, and what I hate seeing, is 3 arty. Particularly on open maps like Westfield, Malinovka or Prokorovka. It is these scenarios that are utterly cancerous, and what I think most people object to. There is basically nowhere to hide if you are on the front line and it leads to camping heavies and the sort of play that upsets/annoys most players (IMO).

The proposed changes which limit the cumulative stun effects of multiple arty doesn't solve the problem of 3 arty. So you get stunned less, great, but you still get wrecked by arty.

IMO, nerfing the stun is a weak approach that skirts around the real problem. The real issue -- the elephant in the room -- is still the number of arty.

--

So, I read your post, and it is thought-provoking, as well as fairly self-explanatory.

My first thoughts are:

3 arty is not that common for me

-and-

Your problem with arty is when arty is in conditions favorable to arty, i.e., numbers and good arty maps.

Calling this a problem is fundamentally prejudiced.  All AFVs in the game deserve maps that they are good on, and all classes have maps that they are bad on.

You are literally saying that your only problem with them is when they have the advantages that you want when you play your preferred tanks.

That is just an unbalanced, unfair opinion.

It is parallel to saying that Heavy tanks are bad, or that one's main problem with heavy tanks is because they have such an advantage when they appear in numbers on Ensk and Himmelsdork.

Or, and this complaint appears more often: I hate when TDs camp on Prokhorovka [open maps], it is so hard to light and destroy the nest of them.

All AFVs deserve to have situations in this game in which they are sometimes advantaged.

One of the real problems with arty hate is unfair opinions, along the lines of 'your favorite/ my least favorite vehicle should never have an advantage."

This is part of what makes the argument poor and repetitive.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Mar 23 2019 - 20:10.

AverageWannabe #46 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:00

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4300 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:30, said:

Can't vote, because poll is lopsided.  Does not cover the other end of the spectrum.

That said, what do you expect from someone who wants to be average?  We used to call 'wannabes' Posers.  Well he certainly posed for this one.

Not at all concerned with the changes.  I'll adapt and make those whiners cry some more.  I'll make them wish they'd never downloaded this game.  

Then again, my guess is those vehement op-posers to having SPGs at all will never stop crying, even after (if) they removed arty.  They'll then begin to rag on those Red Line Chai Sniping TDs and they'll end up sounding just as toxic to that group as they have been to SPGs.

Why?

Haters gonna hate, that's why.

OvO

No, you won't. For that you need a decent computer, and you can't get one cause you are a los.... ahem.... arty player ;)

Sturmgeschut #47 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 02:47

Captain

• Players
  • 12225 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Mar 23 2019 - 10:57, said:

you should add, "...with money, who help keep the game populated, and also play other tanks, and provide targets for me."

I honestly don't care about the second half. I have plenty of other games I play.

Wingnuttz33 #48 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 03:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20754 battles
  • [SCRUU] SCRUU

View PostHondoDuke, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:39, said:

WG has already failed with this idea, instead of rebalancing arty as a whole they are nerfing one mechanic. Lucky for them most people dislike arty players enough that no one will really care about arty players receiving less xp and credits per battle. I'm sure its going to break the missions too.

Arty players have wallets also. You may not, but WG better care

WeSayNotToday #49 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 03:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21773 battles

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 23 2019 - 09:53, said:

Should just remove it.

It's just a crutch for old people.

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Mar 23 2019 - 19:57, said:

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 24 2019 - 02:47, said:

I honestly don't care about the second half. I have plenty of other games I play.

So, your opinion has changed and you no longer care enough to say it should be removed because you have plenty of other games?

dunniteowl #50 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:09

Major

• -Players-
  • 27800 battles

View PostAverageWannabe, on Mar 23 2019 - 14:00, said:

No, you won't. For that you need a decent computer, and you can't get one cause you are a los.... ahem.... arty player ;)

You and me, on any field you wish, I'll take my Bishop or any other tier V vehicle and you bring your tier V and we'll see.  Best of seven?

I look forward to making you cry for reals.  Even with my busted-[edited]computer.

OvO

dunniteowl #51 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 27800 battles

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 23 2019 - 19:47, said:

And may you never get old.  What a Richard attitude.

OvO

AverageWannabe #52 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4300 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 24 2019 - 13:09, said:

You and me, on any field you wish, I'll take my Bishop or any other tier V vehicle and you bring your tier V and we'll see.  Best of seven?

I look forward to making you cry for reals.  Even with my busted-[edited]computer.

OvO

challenge accepted!

though i need to get a decent tier 5 first and practice a bit to get used to the tank, i don't play that tier like at all. I'll let you know when I'm ready.

dunniteowl #53 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 22:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 27800 battles

Alrighty.  I'm ready for whatever tanks you want to do it at tier V.  Nice mid tier challenge.  Best of seven matches.  Also, do you want to play on a specific map or should we do some 'round robin' thing where we switch maps up, too?

OvO

AverageWannabe #54 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 22:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4300 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View Postdunniteowl, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:04, said:

Alrighty.  I'm ready for whatever tanks you want to do it at tier V.  Nice mid tier challenge.  Best of seven matches.  Also, do you want to play on a specific map or should we do some 'round robin' thing where we switch maps up, too?

OvO

Ghost Town. That's the place for duels.

dunniteowl #55 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 00:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 27800 battles

Do you need a count?

OvO

StrachwitzPzGraf #56 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 00:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 39584 battles
  • [PSYCO] PSYCO

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:15, said:

So I guess you didn't listen to the entire vid, or comprehend the meaning of,

"Also the characteristics of some vehicles will be re balanced for their performance to be readjusted after the stun mechanic changes

These changes will effect both specific vehicles and entire groups of vehicles.

We hope that players playing both with and against these vehicles see these as positive steps forward."

Its not over yet. Now comes the readjustment of various vehicles and groups of vehicles.

You're OK with some of your tanks being changed too?

We'll see. :hiding:

As you say -- more changes to come -- but it does not mean that it will be more "nerfs" -- it could be that with lower stun, smaller radius of effect, less damage -- they counter with improved load times, faster aim, less dispersion... or a lot more nerfs... wait and see.

I tend to agree that the current list of changes really doesn't have a major impact -- they spent a lot of time on explaining the stun stacking effect and how it is being reduced... how many of you have either experienced that effect as a target or been able to inflict it on an enemy tank?  I play SPG about 11% of the time and don't think I've ever seen that happen.   As a target maybe like 4 or 5 times in the last 10K games... so no big deal.

That splash diameter/damage reduction thing will take some more eval -- but am I really gonna notice that instead of 213 damage I inflicted 189 on a "that was close" shot?  Is that a significant impact to the overall outcome?  Right now I'd have to believe this whole thing is a bone being thrown to the SPG haters out there and will really have minimal effect on SPG effectiveness (or lack there of).  Just MHO.

Metal_Church #57 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 00:11

Captain

• Players
  • 67655 battles
  • [NEAD] NEAD

View PostNutrientibusMeaGallus, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:04, said:

I think they should have used this opportunity to cap arty at 2 per side not 3....

i think you never had it bad with arty.

Chiapetofdoom #58 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 00:28

Corporal

• Players
  • 16029 battles

I'm an arty main and these changes are fine. I would also take this time to reduce the number per side to 2. I don't think they'd go down to 1 anytime soon. I have tried playing other tanks more and it is a bit of a disappointment when arty just nukes you and you are in a close, adrenaline fueled match against other people.

The taste of my own medicine is bitter indeed. As arty I don't even shoot anymore when its a close game toward the end between the remainder of the teams - let them duke it out instead of me just clicking.

The price of shooting anywhere on the map while you eat your meal and watch youtube (me) is a heavy one in my opinion and nerfs are completely warranted.

I'm a fan of frontline, the respawns make it a lot easier - and aside from the arty barrages, I worry much less about the actual arty players, I'll probably play more wot next month during frontline - but this has almost given me incentive to play again in randoms.

Craig234 #59 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 00:45

Captain

• Players
  • 46707 battles
Not voting because of the garbage options - there's no option for 'arty is getting screwed and I think it's a mistake'. Calling that position 'crying' is simply an insult - then I guess all the arty haters are 'crying' also.

Craig234 #60 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 00:47

Captain

• Players
  • 46707 battles
I rarely play arty anymore since the choice by Wargaming to basically ruin them. I'm not sure why almost anyone does play them anymore in random matches, when get excited for a three-digit damage hit (yay, I did 100 instead of 25!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users