Refund for all of us who wasted time playing Artillery

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

EliteSwatTeam #1 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:32

Captain

• Players
  • 54998 battles
  • [2-TUF] 2-TUF

You have made it practically useless and why not just end it all together in World Of Tanks. It makes more sense than to just continue to make it un-playable to where it is impossible to complete the artillery 15 mission for the Tier 10 heavy. Because I have to have more experience points than players on both sides.:izmena:

Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game. Refund Gold, for wasted time energy and resources.

EliteSwatTeam

ColonelShakes #2 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15100 battles
  • [CDN] CDN

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:32, said:

You have made it practically useless and why not just end it all together in World Of Tanks. It makes more sense than to just continue to make it un-playable to where it is impossible to complete the artillery 15 mission for the Tier 10 heavy. Because I have to have more experience points than players on both sides.:izmena:

Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game. Refund Gold, for wasted time energy and resources.

EliteSwatTeam

Riddle us this :

How does a company refund players for goods and services that belong by contract to the company ?  

Flarvin #3 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:45

Major

• Players
  • 53845 battles

View PostColonelShakes, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:38, said:

Riddle us this :

How does a company refund players for goods and services that belong by contract to the company ?  

Riddle us this: 

What are you talking about, when WG has refunded players for rebalancing in the past? 

tod914 #4 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 63589 battles
Why are you trying that mission in a tier 10 arty?  I did it with the tier 7 French.

zippychippy #5 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:47

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 18793 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
Did I miss something? was a there recent nerf to arty?

Dockmaster #6 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:51

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 44050 battles
  • [ACES] ACES

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 11:32, said:

Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game. 

Best single sentence EVER poasted! 

scHnuuudle_bop #7 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 20390 battles

They made a very very big and bold announcement. I am surprised they did not have confetti cannons and fireworks. SPG Re-balance etc etc.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/spg-rebalancing-032119/

Reading this, they really changed nothing at all. 

A really minor tweak to the stun and a couple of minor vehicle changes. IE: CGC has a slightly lowered shell speed.

Some are getting very excited over what they called a re-balance, but in reality, is just a minor update.

HeraldricKnight #8 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 19:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6515 battles

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:32, said:

EliteSwatTeam

What's that infamous saying that artillery players always quote? 

'Ahdahpt 4head'. 

Edited by WhiteBishop, Mar 22 2019 - 19:53.

gpc_4 #9 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 42423 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
What a fuss over extremely minor SPG changes. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #10 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 26503 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

My thoughts on this latest arty change.

This is what happens when devs (who don't play the game they work on) start to depend on what the playerbase says rather than how the game actually works.

WG has lost touch with WoT and now seeks to please its playerbase rather than manage a balanced game.

Why not screw with arty?

It not like it will effect revenue.

There are only 2 Premium arty in the game and both are below T-VI, and neither has stun, and neither are ever in the Premium Shop any longer, so there will be no impact whatsoever on sales or earnings (except fed up arty players who toss in their chips).

I've never had an issue with arty, never really played it much either

I now think they should just remove the class and admit defeat.

They can't be satisfied with the changes they've previously made, nothing is ever good enough for the anti arty crowd.

There is no way to please everyone, so just admit that its the arty crowd who are going to be screwed and get on with removing a class rather than nerfing it into insignificance.

Remove arty, give the players who spent the time and effort grinding it all the credits it ever cost and transfer the equivalent XP from all of their arty grinds (modules and vehicles) to Free XP. Refund gold to all players who purchased Premium arty. Allow free conversion/reassignment of arty crews to tanks of the players choice in the same nation, and permit these crews to be reset for at no cost. Strongly consider 1 month Premium Time as compensation for wasting so much of their time (this all costs WG nothing).

With these changes arty has lost relevance. 

The changes to other classes and specific vehicles will likely result in more collateral damage to the game balance anyway.

WG has lost touch and should admit it.

Time to get on with a bit of reality.

WG has F'd Arty into the ground. No need to continue the charade.

3bagsfull #11 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View Postgpc_4, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:06, said:

What a fuss over extremely minor SPG changes. 

This.   Those changes only seem significant for multiple SPG's dumping on the same target (stun reduction).   Damage reduction at the edge of the splash radius should have always been the case.

They still haven't addressed the issue with arty though.    At the start of the game with 3 arty you have 20% of the fighting force being arty, and after a few minutes that escalates to 40-50% and keeps getting larger until someone breaks through to clean out the arty on one of the teams.    For a class that is sitting out of firing range all game, that is way too high of a percentage of players in the game.

stalkervision #12 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:13

Major

• Players
  • 65790 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:09, said:

My thoughts on this latest arty change.

This is what happens when devs (who don't play the game they work on) start to depend on what the playerbase says rather than how the game actually works.

WG has lost touch with WoT and now seeks to please its playerbase rather than manage a balanced game.

Why not screw with arty?

It not like it will effect revenue.

There are only 2 Premium arty in the game and both are below T-VI, and neither has stun, and neither are ever in the Premium Shop any longer, so there will be no impact whatsoever on sales or earnings (except fed up arty players who toss in their chips).

I've never had an issue with arty, never really played it much either

I now think they should just remove the class and admit defeat.

They can't be satisfied with the changes they've previously made, nothing is ever good enough for the anti arty crowd.

There is no way to please everyone, so just admit that its the arty crowd who are going to be screwed and get on with removing a class rather than nerfing it into insignificance.

Remove arty, give the players who spent the time and effort grinding it all the credits it ever cost and transfer the equivalent XP from all of their arty grinds (modules and vehicles) to Free XP. Refund gold to all players who purchased Premium arty. Allow free conversion/reassignment of arty crews to tanks of the players choice in the same nation, and permit these crews to be reset for at no cost. Strongly consider 1 month Premium Time as compensation for wasting so much of their time (this all costs WG nothing).

With these changes arty has lost relevance. 

The changes to other classes and specific vehicles will likely result in more collateral damage to the game balance anyway.

WG has lost touch and should admit it.

Time to get on with a bit of reality.

WG has F'd Arty into the ground. No need to continue the charade.

IMO this should be a option for arty players.

JakeTheMystic #13 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:15

Major

• Players
  • 24159 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

I agree, I spent a lot of free XP to get the Obj 261 just to do SPG-15, now that it's rendered completely useless, I wouldn't mind that free XP back. 

Same with the BC arty, that thing was already useless now it is literally a paper-weight where you might as well go in a tank short. You can't just nerf the stun AND the characteristics of the tank, that's idiotic. 

They could have just limited arty to 2 per team and that would have fixed 33% of the problem. Instead, they just ended up pissing off the entire arty player population (or anyone trying to complete SPG missions with honors, me)

venom286 #14 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:17

Captain

• Players
  • 41612 battles
  • [FARTY] FARTY
4 k games in a bc 155 58 i just puked a little 

HeraldricKnight #15 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6515 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:15, said:

I agree, I spent a lot of free XP to get the Obj 261 just to do SPG-15, now that it's rendered completely useless, I wouldn't mind that free XP back. 

Same with the BC arty, that thing was already useless now it is literally a paper-weight where you might as well go in a tank short. You can't just nerf the stun AND the characteristics of the tank, that's idiotic. 

They could have just limited arty to 2 per team and that would have fixed 33% of the problem. Instead, they just ended up pissing off the entire arty player population (or anyone trying to complete SPG missions with honors, me)

They're nerfing stun-stacking and curbing the effect stuns have when shells completely whiff the target. Multiple stuns within seconds will have diminishing returns, so focus firing in artillery is actually toned down. 

And by the sound of it, WG is going to make different artillery nations more distinct than they are currently, so relax your clenched buttocks.

Edited by WhiteBishop, Mar 22 2019 - 20:21.

venom286 #16 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:22

Captain

• Players
  • 41612 battles
  • [FARTY] FARTY
nummnumnummm

Atragon #17 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:23

Major

• Players
  • 42766 battles
Id be all for a total refund of all money and XP just to get rid of the scurge.

the_Deadly_Bulb #18 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 26503 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Poststalkervision, on Mar 22 2019 - 11:13, said:

IMO this should be a option for arty players.

Fair is fair.

No other class of vehicles has been as seriously impacted or changed as drastically as arty over the years.

Nothing I listed is a revenue impacting item for WG.

Who knows, it might actually increase their revenue if they did remove (and compensate for that removal) arty. Maybe the fabled legions of players who have left due to arty would return.

__WarChild__ #19 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 29463 battles

In order for me to get the Excalibur missions completed, I grinded, purchased and Free XP'd my way to Tier 6 SPG's in all of the relevant lines.  I hate playing arty, except in Clan Wars, because it makes me completely dependent on my team and/or the maps.  I thought I'd enjoy playing the leafblower that has haunted me in the past, but even after getting it - I don't enjoy playing it.  

I've spent a considerable amount of effort in grinding various Tier 6 arty and also trying to make my T92HMC relevant.  However, if Wargaming removed it from the game, I'd call it a fair trade with no complaints.  But to limit its effectiveness, and still require certain "stun" missions at times, really seems unfair.

I started playing in June of 2017, so I don't know what life was like prior to the current mechanics.  I know where we are now is far better than where we were before, but I still don't like seeing 3 arties each side on Malinovka.

Removing arty altogether will always be my preference.  2nd to that is limiting the total # to 2 per side.  My 2 cents for the day.

Zuikakoo #20 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21036 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:24, said:

Fair is fair.

No other class of vehicles has been as seriously impacted or changed as drastically as arty over the years.

Nothing I listed is a revenue impacting item for WG.

Who knows, it might actually increase their revenue if they did remove (and compensate for that removal) arty. Maybe the fabled legions of players who have left due to arty would return.

Light tanks/wheeled vehicles might  disagree (remember they're the same) about who'se been messed with more

I mean Arty has been ignored for years, I don't think they've even done like... necessary balance tweaks on individual tanks.   They just left the M44 right were it was.

As for compensation, I want the hours of my life back wasted in that horrible class.   I got it up to the tier seven, then I managed to bumble my way into accidentally getting LT15 in a public match and gave up on arty.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users