Refund for all of us who wasted time playing Artillery

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

ProfessionalFinn #101 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 02:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 26095 battles

View PostWingnuttz33, on Mar 23 2019 - 17:25, said:

I think your sandwich analogy would be more like...

I buy my meatball sandwich every week at Tom's sandwich shop. I really like their meatball sandwiches. Now i've heard the vegan customers are complaining to Tom they don't like the smell of MEAT, it ruins their enjoyment of their lunch time.   But Tom tells the Vegans 90% of his customers have a meatball sandwich in their daily order. 

So, Tom removes ONE of the meatballs on the sandwich but charges the same.

The Vegans still complain they can smell the meat and it is ruining their lunch hour.

So Tom removes another meatball.

The vegans STILL smell meat and threaten Tom they will never eat here again.

The people that once enjoyed Toms 4 meatball sandwich, threaten Tom they will never come back for a meatless meatball sandwich.

what now?

Wow, great stuff!

What now? After destroying the beloved meatball sandwich the vegans will complain to Tom that his Philly steak sandwiches ruin their enjoyment of lunch.   

Of course Tom's Philly steak sandwiches are a cancer.

Blue_Light #102 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 02:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30708 battles
Wah, wah. I sit in the back of the map, under no duress, and lob shells. I don't even have to hit my target to cause damage. wah wah. Now bad wot is nerfing me. wah wah. I want my money back. wah wah wah.

WeSayNotToday #103 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 03:50

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23564 battles

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 23 2019 - 23:09, said:

That would have solved the problem without even having to go through this whole stun shenanigans.    If Arty can 1-shot a tank it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that you simply need to reduce the number of them that can and problem is solved.

Arty CAN one-shot a tank, but it is VERY unlikely, and mostly of tanks that are already vulnerable, like the type 64 in a tier 8 battle, or something similar, AND, I have not been one-shot since 9.18.

We also need to say good-bye to KV-2, O-I, etc., up to the Death Star and Doom Barn, b/c they can ALSO one shot a tank, from a hidden location, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that you simply need to reduce the number of them that can and problem is solved ...

Wait, ANY TANK CAN AMMO-RACK ANOTHER TANK, you don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand that you simply need to reduce the number of them that can and problem is solved!  No tanks!  Problem solved!

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Mar 24 2019 - 03:50.

BillT #104 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 09:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 27625 battles
  • [F-3] F-3

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:48, said:

Only if those players spent actual money specifically on the thing being changed. The reality is that they hold the right to change whatever they want and we all agree to allow that when we agree to the terms. .

The reality is that they need to avoid making their customers angry.  If they reduce the value of a customer's virtual property, then it's the customer, not WG, who decides how important that is -- and whether WG's decision will affect their future spending.  Speaking personally, I'd much rather have them nerf a premium tank I spent fifty bucks for than nerf an entire class that I've spent thousands of games researching.  All that time was worth WAY more than fifty bucks.

(Personally, I'm not convinced this change is a big deal.  But it's the OP's scenario that we're discussing.)

Legal liability is actually a much smaller problem than customer satisfaction.

vonshaunus #105 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 10:48

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 30367 battles
  • [555TN] 555TN

I'm not upset about it, its either fun to play them or it isn't.. and reducing stun stacks isn't going to change that much

but.. I think the effect of the damage reduction at the edge is going to be very much larger than people think. It reduces the damage across the splash area, its a curve.

I would imagine maybe a 15-20% decrease in arty damage from this. Arty are not really damage dealers any more anyway, so this seems a little unneeded.

black_irish666 #106 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 11:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1517 battles

I don't need a refund, I'll just go back to not playing or coming here...also the clown cars are a joke and this game sucks.

Enjoy...

Boz1968 #107 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:42

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43965 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO
to me, these new arty "changes" seem to be trying to attempt 2 things.  1.  reduce the effects of stun stacking:  which should be great news to anyone who has ever been focused by more than one arty.  2.  reduce splash damage at the edges of impact circle:  which should allow you to better hide behind solid objects and be safe or not take as much damage.  These are both welcome changes and prob will only have minor effects overall.  I for one, even though I did it, think it is stupid you can do 300+ damage to any tank hiding behind a building just cause you landed "close" enough to him w/ your shot.  Welcome changes I say and not the sky is falling that all else seem to think . 

Edited by Boz1968, Mar 24 2019 - 12:50.

Trakks #108 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:44

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3801 battles

View PostColonelShakes, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:38, said:

Riddle us this :

How does a company refund players for goods and services that belong by contract to the company ?  

The vehicles have a value in either gold or credits. They can easily be refunded. 

Trakks #109 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 3801 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:09, said:

My thoughts on this latest arty change.

There are only 2 Premium arty in the game and both are below T-VI, and neither has stun, and neither are ever in the Premium Shop any longer, so there will be no impact whatsoever on sales or earnings (except fed up arty players who toss in their chips).

The lefH was widely distributed in gift boxes this past holiday season. I got 1 on each of my 4 different region server accounts. It would cut into sale of gift boxes if it was removed, so WG would lose money. The Sexton I does still come up for sale on the Russian server because I bought one about 6 months ago and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it didn't show up on the Asia server once in a while, too. The Asia server, and to a certain extent the Russian server, seem to get most of the obsolete premium vehicles in the gift shop at some point even if NA and EU don't. 

SearsRoebuckandCompany #110 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 13:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12136 battles
Lol, nope.  Just keep nerfing that crapuntil no one plays it!  The  arty tears are delicious! 

FatherJohn_ #111 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 13:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 29038 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:12, said:

This.   Those changes only seem significant for multiple SPG's dumping on the same target (stun reduction).   Damage reduction at the edge of the splash radius should have always been the case.

They still haven't addressed the issue with arty though.    At the start of the game with 3 arty you have 20% of the fighting force being arty, and after a few minutes that escalates to 40-50% and keeps getting larger until someone breaks through to clean out the arty on one of the teams.    For a class that is sitting out of firing range all game, that is way too high of a percentage of players in the game.

Wrong what it just said was if two arty hit a target only one shot counts.  So if its not such a big thing then apply that same effect to all tanks

FatherJohn_ #112 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 13:53

Corporal

• Players
  • 29038 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBoz1968, on Mar 24 2019 - 05:42, said:

to me, these new arty "changes" seem to be trying to attempt 2 things.  1.  reduce the effects of stun stacking:  which should be great news to anyone who has ever been focused by more than one arty.  2.  reduce splash damage at the edges of impact circle:  which should allow you to better hide behind solid objects and be safe or not take as much damage.  These are both welcome changes and prob will only have minor effects overall.  I for one, even though I did it, think it is stupid you can do 300+ damage to any tank hiding behind a building just cause you landed "close" enough to him w/ your shot.  Welcome changes I say and not the sky is falling that all else seem to think . 

I hope the apply the same mechanic to all tanks.  If you shot a tank with HE (Jap Heavy) and then someone else shoot the tank with HE, one shot counts...… 

Cirroq #113 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 14:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 26171 battles

Occasionally you see some developers compensate players for months or more likely years wasted playing a class that they do away with, but WG has chosen the death by a thousand cuts approach to getting rid of arty players. It has become common for me to see tier 9 and 10 random battles with no artillery, and those matches tend to last longer than they did prior to the introduction of the stun mechanic. In theory, this would allow the least skilled and therefore the most likely players to get 1 shotted by arty in the past to get more XP, but I often see players at the bottom of the damage ranking getting only 1 or 2 shots in before getting killed. The net effect is the players at the top are just running up the score and dragging the fight out. I would assume those players are the most vocal in arguing to get rid of artillery.

Arty players should be compensated for the time spent grinding their vehicles. That being said, the game would have to be re balanced to account for the increased dynamic play. Overhauling most of the maps and many of the vehicles would be a huge undertaking that I'm sure WG doesn't want to take on. They would rather piss off a steadily diminishing portion of the player base one nerf at a time.

Boz1968 #114 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 14:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43965 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View PostCirroq, on Mar 24 2019 - 08:46, said:

Occasionally you see some developers compensate players for months or more likely years wasted playing a class that they do away with, but WG has chosen the death by a thousand cuts approach to getting rid of arty players. It has become common for me to see tier 9 and 10 random battles with no artillery, and those matches tend to last longer than they did prior to the introduction of the stun mechanic. In theory, this would allow the least skilled and therefore the most likely players to get 1 shotted by arty in the past to get more XP, but I often see players at the bottom of the damage ranking getting only 1 or 2 shots in before getting killed. The net effect is the players at the top are just running up the score and dragging the fight out. I would assume those players are the most vocal in arguing to get rid of artillery.

Arty players should be compensated for the time spent grinding their vehicles. That being said, the game would have to be re balanced to account for the increased dynamic play. Overhauling most of the maps and many of the vehicles would be a huge undertaking that I'm sure WG doesn't want to take on. They would rather piss off a steadily diminishing portion of the player base one nerf at a time.

Speak for yourself....I am not pissed?!  

Craig234 #115 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 14:59

Captain

• Players
  • 48694 battles
Wargaming has decided to do what too many players wrongly want, and simply nerf and screw arty players. It largely started with the redesign to low damage and stun and continues.

Craig234 #116 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 15:00

Captain

• Players
  • 48694 battles

View PostBoz1968, on Mar 24 2019 - 05:50, said:

Speak for yourself....I am not pissed?!  

Are you an arty player? If not then your opinion on the nerfs for arty players doesn't matter.

the_dude_76 #117 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:14

Major

• Players
  • 34176 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 23 2019 - 13:09, said:

Yes, I was using ‘refund’ in the way the OP did. Which was to compensation in gold for wasted effort and resources on arty. 

Which is a valid use of refund, even if you do not like it. 

??? Like it?? WG has NEVER given gold for anything that wasn't purchased with money or gold. This is a fact, even if YOU don't like it. I assume that you actually agree with that fact and are simply unable to admit your mistake since you've decided to ignore it even though it was the only point that I was trying to make.

The validity of the idea wasn't even a part of our discussion, digressing doesn't exactly help you to prove your claim.

Boz1968 #118 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43965 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View PostCraig234, on Mar 24 2019 - 09:00, said:

Are you an arty player? If not then your opinion on the nerfs for arty players doesn't matter.

I am not an "arty" player, but I have played them enough going for missions to speak intelligently with regard to my opinion on the matter.  That and 40k games played both with and against arty should lead my opinion at least some credence.   

RaynorShyne #119 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:42

Captain

• Players
  • 27389 battles

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:32, said:

You have made it practically useless and why not just end it all together in World Of Tanks. It makes more sense than to just continue to make it un-playable to where it is impossible to complete the artillery 15 mission for the Tier 10 heavy. Because I have to have more experience points than players on both sides.:izmena:

Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game. Refund Gold, for wasted time energy and resources.

EliteSwatTeam

Over-react much?

RaynorShyne #120 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:48

Captain

• Players
  • 27389 battles

View PostBoz1968, on Mar 24 2019 - 05:42, said:

Perfectly reasonable - however, the main effect of a 155mm (or other) round is not penetration (as it is with an APCR round) - nor 'shaped-charge' effect (as it is with a High-Explosive-Anti-Tank round).  Rather it's blast and shrapnel.   Now, your armor will protect you from shrapnel - but not the blast.  Shock waves go through everything - even spall liners (which were protection from the effects of HESH rounds, but I digress).

Over-all, I think we don't have enough information to go on - just that they're 're-balancing'.  Notice, they didn't say 'nerf-ing'.   I'm wondering if the stun offset will be balanced by a 15% buff in over all alpha? 

Edited by RaynorShyne, Mar 24 2019 - 17:48.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users