Refund for all of us who wasted time playing Artillery

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

ProfessionalFinn #121 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 25592 battles

View PostCraig234, on Mar 24 2019 - 06:00, said:

Are you an arty player? If not then your opinion on the nerfs for arty players doesn't matter.

Craig234, you too are an arty player with more than 7,200 SPG battles, over 16% of your total.  Do you know the meaning of the word hypocrite? 

HeraldricKnight #122 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6615 battles

View PostWingnuttz33, on Mar 24 2019 - 01:25, said:

I think your sandwich analogy would be more like...

I buy my meatball sandwich every week at Tom's sandwich shop. I really like their meatball sandwiches. Now i've heard the vegan customers are complaining to Tom they don't like the smell of MEAT, it ruins their enjoyment of their lunch time.   But Tom tells the Vegans 90% of his customers have a meatball sandwich in their daily order. 

So, Tom removes ONE of the meatballs on the sandwich but charges the same.

The Vegans still complain they can smell the meat and it is ruining their lunch hour.

So Tom removes another meatball.

The vegans STILL smell meat and threaten Tom they will never eat here again.

The people that once enjoyed Toms 4 meatball sandwich, threaten Tom they will never come back for a meatless meatball sandwich.

what now?

Except that you don't know 90% of Tom's customers actually order the sandwich. Except that you don't know how many Vegans eat at Tom's shop. 

The only way this analogy works if you assume whatever you can't define. And Wargaming never 'nerfed' artillery without compensating somewhere else, so 'removing a meatball and charging the same price' is both nonsensical and a lie. 

If the Vegans (god only knows why they're a thing) hate the smell of meat, then what would removing a meatball do? Wouldn't it make more sense to say Tom replaced a meatball with a Veggie meatball (like Wargaming compensating for artillery players) and stills sells the sandwich as is? And what's the price exactly in this analogy? It can't be premium time or vehicles, because they're a non-issue. 

And a business only changes things when the majority want something changed, so the Vegans, in this case, are the majority that frequent Tom's shop and the 90% of the people who order the meatball sub are still in the minority. 

So Tom would tell those people that complain about the meatball sub being changed to go somewhere else, since they're contribution to his business is minor. 

What a backwards and stupid analogy for artillery, holy crap. 

Seditious #123 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 216 battles

View PostWhiteBishop, on Mar 24 2019 - 17:51, said:

Except that you don't know 90% of Tom's customers actually order the sandwich. Except that you don't know how many Vegans eat at Tom's shop. 

The only way this analogy works if you assume whatever you can't define. And Wargaming never 'nerfed' artillery without compensating somewhere else, so 'removing a meatball and charging the same price' is both nonsensical and a lie. 

If the Vegans (god only knows why they're a thing) hate the smell of meat, then what would removing a meatball do? Wouldn't it make more sense to say Tom replaced a meatball with a Veggie meatball (like Wargaming compensating for artillery players) and stills sells the sandwich as is? And what's the price exactly in this analogy? It can't be premium time or vehicles, because they're a non-issue. 

And a business only changes things when the majority want something changed, so the Vegans, in this case, are the majority that frequent Tom's shop and the 90% of the people who order the meatball sub are still in the minority. 

So Tom would tell those people that complain about the meatball sub being changed to go somewhere else, since they're contribution to his business is minor. 

What a backwards and stupid analogy for artillery, holy crap. 

It did however make me hungry.

RaynorShyne #124 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:38

Captain

• Players
  • 27325 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
We're getting buffed with meatballs?

Flarvin #125 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 54280 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 24 2019 - 11:14, said:

??? Like it?? WG has NEVER given gold for anything that wasn't purchased with money or gold. This is a fact, even if YOU don't like it. I assume that you actually agree with that fact and are simply unable to admit your mistake since you've decided to ignore it even though it was the only point that I was trying to make.

The validity of the idea wasn't even a part of our discussion, digressing doesn't exactly help you to prove your claim.

I have gotten a gold refund for earning tanks rewards I already have, without me spending and money. 

You are using one specific definition of ‘refund’ to try support your claim. 

3bagsfull #126 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 22:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 24 2019 - 21:14, said:

I have gotten a gold refund for earning tanks rewards I already have, without me spending and money. 

You getting that gold isn't a refund, it's reward compensation for an achievement.

Flarvin #127 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 23:12

Major

• Players
  • 54280 battles

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 24 2019 - 16:48, said:

You getting that gold isn't a refund, it's reward compensation for an achievement.

Players get refunded prem time for excessive server down time, without players spending a dime. 

Sure the OP’s use of ‘refund’ might not be the best word choice, but it is still valid. And WG has refunded players without them spending money in the past. So I don’t see why one would try to counter that. 

the_dude_76 #128 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 01:47

Major

• Players
  • 33809 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 24 2019 - 15:14, said:

And you're falling out of your chair reaching for a new definition of the word. Get a dictionary, receiving an alternate reward for an accomplishment does not remotely fit any definition of the word "refund". 

Block Quote

Players get refunded prem time for excessive server down time, without players spending a dime. 

Premium time is not gold. I'll say it again, when compensating for a change WG has NEVER given gold for anything that was not purchased with money or gold.

3bagsfull #129 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 02:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 24 2019 - 22:12, said:

Sure the OP’s use of ‘refund’ might not be the best word choice, but it is still valid. And WG has refunded players without them spending money in the past. So I don’t see why one would try to counter that. 

Because they paid for that Premium time, either with Gold or real money.

A refund assumes you've spent something, and are being compensated for any loss that you incurred with what you paid for.

Craig234 #130 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:01

Captain

• Players
  • 47908 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Mar 24 2019 - 08:51, said:

Craig234, you too are an arty player with more than 7,200 SPG battles, over 16% of your total.  Do you know the meaning of the word hypocrite? 

That's an utterly clueless comment. NOTHING I said is in the least 'hypocritical'.

ProfessionalFinn #131 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 25592 battles

View PostCraig234, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:01, said:

That's an utterly clueless comment. NOTHING I said is in the least 'hypocritical'.

Oooppps.  Apologies!  I misread your original post...

"Are you an arty player? If not then your opinion on the nerfs for arty players doesn't matter."  

With a red-face, PF

Craig234 #132 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:14

Captain

• Players
  • 47908 battles

View PostProfessionalFinn, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:06, said:

Oooppps.  Apologies!  I misread your original post...

"Are you an arty player? If not then your opinion on the nerfs for arty players doesn't matter."  

With a red-face, PF

Hey, thanks for admitting the mistake, no problem. Takes some character to acknowledge it.

nickzapper #133 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 17152 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT
This is definitely a BS. I invested lot of time and effort into my artys and if this continue I will never again spend a single $ on this game. How to screw your paying players by de-valuating their tanks. Let me tell you my answer on this, you don't see my money ever again. With this approach next time it will be some other upset group of players. Bravo developers, good job!!!

ProfessionalFinn #134 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 25592 battles

View Postnickzapper, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:24, said:

This is definitely a BS. I invested lot of time and effort into my artys and if this continue I will never again spend a single $ on this game. How to screw your paying players by de-valuating their tanks. Let me tell you my answer on this, you don't see my money ever again. With this approach next time it will be some other upset group of players. Bravo developers, good job!!!

Mister Zapper, your point-of-view is appreciated and respected.  However do not blame the devs.  Decisions like this one seldom fall into their domain, devs almost always build to a specification not of their choosing.

3bagsfull #135 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View Postnickzapper, on Mar 25 2019 - 02:24, said:

View Postnickzapper, on Mar 25 2019 - 02:24, said:

One could take the completely opposite viewpoint, that by not addressing arty that all the 80% of players who are otherwise trying to engage other tanks time and effort is being wasted by continually allowing them to be dumped on by players who cannot be retaliated against.   IMO there is nothing wrong with the artillery mechanic, just how it's something that is supposed to be a support element that is instead nothing more than an indirect sniper element.   Can't think of too many games where it's perfectly acceptable to be shot at by a guy 3 blocks over who can't actually see you.    This is NOT a battlefield simulator by any means, so arty's presence in it is mind-boggling to say the least.    It can only be a sniper in a human's hands.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users