Refund for all of us who wasted time playing Artillery

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

Flarvin #21 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:47

Major

• Players
  • 53644 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:52, said:

They made a very very big and bold announcement. I am surprised they did not have confetti cannons and fireworks. SPG Re-balance etc etc.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/spg-rebalancing-032119/

Reading this, they really changed nothing at all. 

A really minor tweak to the stun and a couple of minor vehicle changes. IE: CGC has a slightly lowered shell speed.

Some are getting very excited over what they called a re-balance, but in reality, is just a minor update.

It does not seem you have read what you linked. 

A nerf from .5 - .15 damage from center to edge, to .5 - .05 is more than nothing. Add in the splash radius reduction and you get ~20% damage reduction. 

3bagsfull #22 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:52, said:

They made a very very big and bold announcement. I am surprised they did not have confetti cannons and fireworks. SPG Re-balance etc etc.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/spg-rebalancing-032119/

Reading this, they really changed nothing at all. 

A really minor tweak to the stun and a couple of minor vehicle changes. IE: CGC has a slightly lowered shell speed.

Some are getting very excited over what they called a re-balance, but in reality, is just a minor update.

The broken part of SPG's remains, that as the battle advance in time SPG increase their percentage of the total force to levels that make no sense in tank v tank warfare game.     By 3-4 minutes 1/2 the vehicles in the game (and it gets worse as the game progresses) are SPG's when there are 3 per side which is idiotic design.

the_dude_76 #23 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:48

Major

• Players
  • 33196 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:45, said:

Riddle us this: 

What are you talking about, when WG has refunded players for rebalancing in the past? 

Only if those players spent actual money specifically on the thing being changed. The reality is that they hold the right to change whatever they want and we all agree to allow that when we agree to the terms. Trying to claim a monetary loss, gold value, when you can't prove that you invested anything more than your time in that thing is ridiculous given the TOS.

the_Deadly_Bulb #24 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 25972 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostZuikakoo, on Mar 22 2019 - 11:41, said:

Light tanks/wheeled vehicles might  disagree (remember they're the same) about who'se been messed with more

I mean Arty has been ignored for years, I don't think they've even done like... necessary balance tweaks on individual tanks.   They just left the M44 right were it was.

As for compensation, I want the hours of my life back wasted in that horrible class.   I got it up to the tier seven, then I managed to bumble my way into accidentally getting LT15 in a public match and gave up on arty.

What LT Premium has been nerfed and up-tiered?

Leafblower was. Up-tiered from T-IV to V and had its gun nerfed at the same time.

What LT Premiums are no longer offered in the Premium Shop?

There are only 2 Premium arty, neither are offered for sale any longer.

When did they remove an entire ammo type from any other vehicle class?

Other than arty.

Which nations don't have any LTs?

Which have no arty?

I'm not pro or anti arty, but I am aware of whats been going on since I began the game.

the_Deadly_Bulb #25 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:56

Major

• Players
  • 25972 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 22 2019 - 11:48, said:

The broken part of SPG's remains, that as the battle advance in time SPG increase their percentage of the total force to levels that make no sense in tank v tank warfare game.     By 3-4 minutes 1/2 the vehicles in the game (and it gets worse as the game progresses) are SPG's when there are 3 per side which is idiotic design.

When did you bang your head?

Flarvin #26 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 20:56

Major

• Players
  • 53644 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:48, said:

Only if those players spent actual money specifically on the thing being changed. The reality is that they hold the right to change whatever they want and we all agree to allow that when we agree to the terms. Trying to claim a monetary loss, gold value, when you can't prove that you invested anything more than your time in that thing is ridiculous given the TOS.

WG have refunded players for tech tree changes, like giving out free new tanks. And free prem time and PRs are another ways WG refund players for issues, even without those players spending money. 

Goat_Rodeo #27 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:09

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14863 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:32, said:

“...Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game...”

#removetheparticipationribbonclass

Edited by Goat_Rodeo, Mar 22 2019 - 22:01.

Bloodbeard #28 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:14

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 56524 battles

Arty depends on stupidity; the minor arty changes do nothing for the dweebs who are so easy to exploit.  Arty will always be OP as long as stupid drives your tank. 

WeSayNotToday #29 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:17

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21951 battles

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:32, said:

You have made it practically useless and why not just end it all together in World Of Tanks. It makes more sense than to just continue to make it un-playable to where it is

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:09, said:

Why not screw with arty?

It not like it will effect revenue.

I now think they should just remove the class and admit defeat.

They can't be satisfied with the changes they've previously made, nothing is ever good enough for the anti arty crowd.

Remove arty, give the players who spent the time and effort grinding it all the credits it ever cost and transfer the equivalent XP from all of their arty grinds (modules and vehicles) to Free XP. Refund gold to all players who purchased Premium arty. Allow free conversion/reassignment of arty crews to tanks of the players choice in the same nation, and permit these crews to be reset for at no cost. Strongly consider 1 month Premium Time as compensation for wasting so much of their time (this all costs WG nothing).

With these changes arty has lost relevance.

It will affect revenue, arty mains and whales who enjoy arty will spend less.  Older/ casual players who lean on, or just happen to also enjoy, arty may abandon the game.

[edit:  by "lean on" I meant someone who uses arty to relax, or prefers arty when in a bad streak, or whose current favorite tank is arty, although it sounds like I just repeated "arty main."]

Also, the maps and tanks are currently balanced around arty's existence.

Removing arty will have effects that echo throughout the game and the player base.

WG should stick with what the majority of the player base does and enjoys.  Most players own and play arty.  EU likes it so much on the whole, that they voted last year to get the LeFH18B2 back into the shop for purchase when given the chance, for one weekend.  Anti-arty polls always come out pro-arty in the results.

Trying to please players that want a more CoD experience in WoT will change the game quite a bit, and radically change the type of player attracted/ retained.  Trying to please players that cannot, or do not want to, play while taking arty into account, defeats the purpose of having a complex yet approachable game.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Mar 22 2019 - 21:23.

WeSayNotToday #30 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21951 battles

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:48, said:

What is your point?  With less spotting, arty then has less effect on the battle, and fewer defenders near them, so they die more easily.

With fewer tanks, mobility and vision become MORE important rather than less important.  Is that also "idiotic design?"

3bagsfull #31 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:21

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:56, said:

When did you bang your head?

35 years ago when our driver threw a track, drove into a ditch and I had a joining with the equilibrator - true story.

That said, the dent in the top of my skull hasn't changed by understanding of simple math.

3 arty a side, 20% of the tanks aren't actively engaged in the fighting but staying out of firing range

After 3 minutes that number goes up to 40% and only gets higher until the snowball gets out of control and the game ends.

Don't know about you but those numbers are way too high in a game designed around tank v tank warfare.   

2 SPG's and those numbers go down to 14% and 22% respectively - which make a lot more sense for a tank class that is supposed to be a support class - i.e. it needs to have tanks to support in the first place.

stalkervision #32 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:22

Major

• Players
  • 65342 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:24, said:

Fair is fair.

No other class of vehicles has been as seriously impacted or changed as drastically as arty over the years.

Nothing I listed is a revenue impacting item for WG.

Who knows, it might actually increase their revenue if they did remove (and compensate for that removal) arty. Maybe the fabled legions of players who have left due to arty would return.

yes they might return but what awful menace will they leave again for ?  I know the new lites and over powered hull down heavy tanks !  :P

the_Deadly_Bulb #33 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 25972 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:17, said:

It will affect revenue, arty mains and whales who enjoy arty will spend less.  Older/ casual players who lean on arty may abandon the game.

Removing arty will have effects that echo throughout the game and the player base.

WG should stick with what the majority of the player base does and enjoys.  Most players own and play arty.  EU likes it so much on the whole, that they voted last year to get the LeFH18B2 back into the shop for purchase when given the chance, for one weekend.  Anti-arty polls always come out pro-arty in the results.

Trying to please players that want a more CoD experience in WoT will change the game quite a bit, and radically change the type of player attracted/ retained.  Trying to please players that cannot, or do not want to, play while taking arty into account, defeats the purpose of having a complex yet approachable game.

Spend less on what?

Arty rarely require prammo, which is now ALWAYS purchased with credits.

There are no Premium arties.

Arty is literally the single best Free to Play class.

The HE ammo they fire is cheap.

These changes are just as likely to have some cash in their chips.

the_Deadly_Bulb #34 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:25

Major

• Players
  • 25972 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:21, said:

35 years ago when our driver threw a track, drove into a ditch and I had a joining with the equilibrator - true story.

That said, the dent in the top of my skull hasn't changed by understanding of simple math.

3 arty a side, 20% of the tanks aren't actively engaged in the fighting but staying out of firing range

After 3 minutes that number goes up to 40% and only gets higher until the snowball gets out of control and the game ends.

Don't know about you but those numbers are way too high in a game designed around tank v tank warfare.   

2 SPG's and those numbers go down to 14% and 22% respectively - which make a lot more sense for a tank class that is supposed to be a support class - i.e. it needs to have tanks to support in the first place.

There aren't 3 a side.

There are matches with none.

There are matches with 1 or 2.

Therefore the average of 3 is hyperbole, as a result so was your entire post.

ElPuffMo #35 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33194 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:32, said:

Arty is no longer a threat

Please keep spreading this myth that arty players like me are not a threat to an enemy team.  The less threatening I am perceived to be, the better my chances of defeating my battle opponents due to players like you discounting an SPG's vast capabilities. Good grief --- reading what you wrote almost elicited a maniacal laugh. You made my job much easier if people really believe and repeat your words.   

Andreas007 #36 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:27

Captain

• Players
  • 47162 battles
I agree. They should change the SPG missions accordingly when the nerf hits arty.

Edited by Andreas007, Mar 22 2019 - 21:27.

WeSayNotToday #37 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:30

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21951 battles

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Mar 22 2019 - 21:17, said:

It will affect revenue, arty mains and whales who enjoy arty will spend less.  Older/ casual players who lean on, or just happen to also enjoy, arty may abandon the game.

[edit:  by "lean on" I meant someone who uses arty to relax, or prefers arty when in a bad streak, or whose current favorite tank is arty, although it sounds like I just repeated "arty main."]

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 21:23, said:

Spend less on what?

Arty rarely require prammo, which is now ALWAYS purchased with credits.

There are no Premium arties.

Arty is literally the single best Free to Play class.

The HE ammo they fire is cheap.

These changes are just as likely to have some cash in their chips.

I did edit, for a particular reason, this may affect your response.  See bolded part, above.

As for "spend less on what?", well, premium time, retraining, Xmas loot boxes, and any other tanks/ aspects of the game that they also like, but do not like enough to hang around if WoT removes, or "makes useless," arty.

Assuming that the only arty players that might be affected are end-game tier 10 arty-only players seems too limiting for a systemic analysis.

Also, I gave a few other reasons not to pursue removal.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Mar 22 2019 - 21:33.

3bagsfull #38 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:25, said:

There aren't 3 a side.

There are matches with none.

There are matches with 1 or 2.

Therefore the average of 3 is hyperbole, as a result so was your entire post.

In 3 SPG games, there are 3 a side.   It's why I've said that with the current implementation of Artillery in this game the only way to address it isn't by putting lipstick on a pig but simply reducing the maximum number that can every be in a game.      2 SPG and 1 SPG games really aren't an issue.   3 SPG games are overkill.

WhiteBishop #39 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5716 battles

View PostElPuffMo, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:26, said:

Please keep spreading this myth that arty players like me are not a threat to an enemy team.  The less threatening I am perceived to be, the better my chances of defeating my battle opponents due to players like you discounting an SPG's vast capabilities. Good grief --- reading what you wrote almost elicited a maniacal laugh. You made my job much easier if people really believe and repeat your words.   

CBbarbarian #40 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 5739 battles

In the video about the upcoming arty NERF the narrator at the end says he hopes that non-arty players AND arty players will both like the changes...???? wth? Why would arty players like a nerf? What an insult to our intelligence to say something so stupid. Who edits these videos?

CBbarbarian

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users