Refund for all of us who wasted time playing Artillery

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

ISNomads #41 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:42

Major

• Players
  • 39555 battles
  • [WHAMO] WHAMO
I eat the same sandwich for lunch every week. I have really enjoyed eating that sandwich over the years. Now I heard they are changing the ingredients in the sandwich I buy every week. I think they should refund everything I paid for the sandwiches in the past.

WeSayNotToday #42 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23463 battles

View PostISNomads, on Mar 22 2019 - 21:42, said:

I eat the same sandwich for lunch every week. I have really enjoyed eating that sandwich over the years. Now I heard they are changing the ingredients in the sandwich I buy every week. I think they should refund everything I paid for the sandwiches in the past.

Sandwich is already bought, when one is playing arty, and future purchases depend on continuing to enjoy the sandwich.  Also one is providing a service by eating the sandwich each day, you are helping/ joining others as they eat their sandwiches that day.

Maybe a different metaphor?

the_Deadly_Bulb #43 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 21:58

Major

• Players
  • 27288 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostWeSayNotToday, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:30, said:

I did edit, for a particular reason, this may affect your response.  See bolded part, above.

As for "spend less on what?", well, premium time, retraining, Xmas loot boxes, and any other tanks/ aspects of the game that they also like, but do not like enough to hang around if WoT removes, or "makes useless," arty.

Assuming that the only arty players that might be affected are end-game tier 10 arty-only players seems too limiting for a systemic analysis.

Also, I gave a few other reasons not to pursue removal.

I'm not in favour of removal either.

I just feel that if WG is going to continually make incremental changes to arty to "satisfy" the "player base" they should just see the writing on the wall.

There are 2 very determined camps in WoT, pro and anti arty.

Players such as myself who don't have issues with arty are not considered in the debate.

You're either for arty or against it.

In that vein I suppose I'm for it since I'm clearly not against it.

The thing is that since I've been in the game arty has been changed in several ways, each change making it appear that WG is making these changes to placate the anti arty crowd.

If this is so then surely players can see where this is ultimately going to go with arty being eliminated as a class.

Why spend time debating that the anti arty crowd wants it gone and it does seem that WG is catering to that 'side' of the player base?

Why make more players grind up lines to play a class that seems destined for the dustbin?

I don't support further changes.

I also don't play a lot of arty so don't bother with labels that I'm some arty fixated "clicker" because its simply not so.

I was fine with the class pre 9.18.

I never played it back then either, but was sent packing many times by it. I've been destroyed more often by other classes but I bear them no hatred either.

ElPuffMo #44 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33399 battles

View PostCBbarbarian, on Mar 22 2019 - 15:36, said:

In the video about the upcoming arty NERF the narrator at the end says he hopes that non-arty players AND arty players will both like the changes...???? wth? Why would arty players like a nerf? What an insult to our intelligence to say something so stupid. Who edits these videos?

CBbarbarian

Good points! However, I am hoping that the changes will not be total "nerfs" as much as they will just be opportunities to alter how arty is most effectively played. For example, sounds like it won't be as helpful for me to hit an already-stunned enemy vehicle, so I will either hold my shot until the stun ends or look for a different, non-stunned target. I have played this game many years now, through numerous nerfs. It has required adaptations to stay victorious. But I keep finding ways to have fun playing and to win battles, so I'm guessing that this new announcement isn't going to be the game-shattering fiasco some might predict it to be. (Hope hope hope!)   

Stevenwt #45 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:31

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

People realy don’t get why arty is still on the game despite years of telling everyone why it’s in the game.

the main reasons is because it’s* a scapegoat, 

your complaining about arty and not the other screwups they have actualy made, let’s be honest here there never admitting the messes up untill they admit they messed up. Ironicaly when the good players start complaining about something not arty it catches there attention.

And your complaining about arty and not the screwups you actualy made that caused you to lose. And yes they have commented that if your getting killed by artillery then you deserved it..

....That or artillery exists in the game for the sole reason that certain developers can just troll the hell out of there players. I swear looking at the archived coments of some of them they openly live to troll players on there forums.

*also gold/premium ammo but I think even they have gotten tired of those complaints because they have been asking us to stop calling it gold/premium ammo. 

WeSayNotToday #46 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23463 battles

View PostStevenwt, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:31, said:

People realy don’t get why arty is still on the game despite years of telling everyone why it’s in the game.

the main reasons is because it’s* a scapegoat, 

your complaining about arty and not the other screwups they have actualy made, let’s be honest here there never admitting the messes up untill they admit they messed up. Ironicaly when the good players start complaining about something not arty it catches there attention.

And your complaining about arty and not the screwups you actualy made that caused you to lose. And yes they have commented that if your getting killed by artillery then you deserved it..

....That or artillery exists in the game for the sole reason that certain developers can just troll the hell out of there players. I swear looking at the archived coments of some of them they openly live to troll players on there forums.

*also gold/premium ammo but I think even they have gotten tired of those complaints because they have been asking us to stop calling it gold/premium ammo. 

I like this post and I believe it carries some truth, or truths, or, truthiness, in it.

I do not care if it is verifiable.  +1.

Ape_Drape #47 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:45

Captain

• Players
  • 43443 battles
  • [SOT] SOT

View PostColonelShakes, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:38, said:

Riddle us this :

How does a company refund players for goods and services that belong by contract to the company ?  

Time is money.

However, all the exp wasted researching, silver spent buying and crew exp wasted could be refunded.

Edited by Ape_Drape, Mar 22 2019 - 22:46.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #48 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:32, said:

You have made it practically useless and why not just end it all together in World Of Tanks. It makes more sense than to just continue to make it un-playable to where it is impossible to complete the artillery 15 mission for the Tier 10 heavy. Because I have to have more experience points than players on both sides.:izmena:

Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game. Refund Gold, for wasted time energy and resources.

EliteSwatTeam

if its bad why is there record numbers of it? your cry the same with every change yet play it more because i know is even more broken than before.

your cries are fake

NeatoMan #49 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:53

Major

• Players
  • 28180 battles

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:32, said:

Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game. Refund Gold, for wasted time energy and resources.

It's your punishment for playing arty.  :trollface:

the_dude_76 #50 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 22:58

Major

• Players
  • 34077 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:56, said:

WG have refunded players for tech tree changes, like giving out free new tanks. And free prem time and PRs are another ways WG refund players for issues, even without those players spending money. 

They used to give out free tanks with tech tree changes but that was ages ago. I don't recall them giving out any of the other things and certainly not gold like the OP is asking for. Besides, imagine the precedent that would set, any time they balanced anything everyone would expect to get compensated. For that reason alone it will never happen.

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:32, said:

... Refund Gold, for wasted time energy and resources.

the_dude_76 #51 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 23:01

Major

• Players
  • 34077 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostStevenwt, on Mar 22 2019 - 15:31, said:

... your complaining about arty and not the other screwups they have actualy made, ..

???Ummm, what?!?! Is this your first day on the forum?? Because people here complain about every conceivable facet of this game and the company that makes it on virtually a daily basis.

Flarvin #52 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 23:05

Major

• Players
  • 54450 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 22 2019 - 16:58, said:

They used to give out free tanks with tech tree changes but that was ages ago. I don't recall them giving out any of the other things and certainly not gold like the OP is asking for. Besides, imagine the precedent that would set, any time they balanced anything everyone would expect to get compensated. For that reason alone it will never happen.

Just stating you were incorrect to state WG only compensates for actual money spent. Which is not true. 

WG has given compensation to those that have not spent any money. Examples I gave show that. 

As for this change, I truly doubt WG will give out any compensation. Unless community outrage gets big enough. 

RaynorShyne #53 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 23:57

Captain

• Players
  • 27330 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:48, said:

The broken part of SPG's remains, that as the battle advance in time SPG increase their percentage of the total force to levels that make no sense in tank v tank warfare game.     By 3-4 minutes 1/2 the vehicles in the game (and it gets worse as the game progresses) are SPG's when there are 3 per side which is idiotic design.

This simply cannot be true if the arty-slaying wheelies are to believed.  They slay arty left and right in the first minute of battle......<eyeroll>

AverageWannabe #54 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7335 battles

View PostCBbarbarian, on Mar 22 2019 - 17:36, said:

In the video about the upcoming arty NERF the narrator at the end says he hopes that non-arty players AND arty players will both like the changes...???? wth? Why would arty players like a nerf? What an insult to our intelligence to say something so stupid. Who edits these videos?

CBbarbarian

err... because they are going to be a little less annoying to a lot of players? 

If you were an annoying as heck kind of person, wouldn't you be thankful if someone kindly helped you to be less annoying? Then you could even get a girlfriend, eventually ...think about it.

Edited by AverageWannabe, Mar 23 2019 - 00:54.

_Red_Saaryn_ #55 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 01:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22214 battles
  • [-IKR-] -IKR-

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:32, said:

You have made it practically useless and why not just end it all together in World Of Tanks. It makes more sense than to just continue to make it un-playable to where it is impossible to complete the artillery 15 mission for the Tier 10 heavy. Because I have to have more experience points than players on both sides.:izmena:

EliteSwatTeam

Please get a tanto and commit sudoku, You are filthy.  No seriously DO IT.

Arty is one of the most hated classes ever since it was introduced. When you get into a game with no arty you will see comments like "finally no arty", " it was about darng time i had a good game" , "guys im happy, my OI will be useful in this match" etc etc. I personally hate arty and even tho i won a filthy lefh i dont play it. If i ciuld trade it, i would do it without thinking it twice, no matter the tank, even if it is a tier 2. Anything is better than arty. 

SnakePliskan #56 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 01:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostISNomads, on Mar 22 2019 - 21:42, said:

I paid for a lifetime daily sandwich I liked they changed it. I no longer like the new sandwich. Please allow my past money spent in lew of a refund to be applied to a new sandwich I do like. You lose nothing. You uphold the original purchase price for life with a new sandwich for life. THAT is called good customer service which is returned with loyalty and good word of mouth which no advertising budget can buy.

HeraldricKnight #57 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7861 battles

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 23 2019 - 00:59, said:

I paid for a lifetime daily sandwich I liked they changed it. I no longer like the new sandwich. Please allow my past money spent in lew of a refund to be applied to a new sandwich I do like. You lose nothing. You uphold the original purchase price for life with a new sandwich for life. THAT is called good customer service which is returned with loyalty and good word of mouth which no advertising budget can buy.

No, that's just stupid. There's no such thing as a 'price for life'. No company would be that suicidal. 

Exiledcrow #58 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:14

Major

• Players
  • 49872 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Mar 23 2019 - 01:40, said:

Please get a tanto and commit sudoku, You are filthy.  No seriously DO IT.

Arty is one of the most hated classes ever since it was introduced. When you get into a game with no arty you will see comments like "finally no arty", " it was about darng time i had a good game" , "guys im happy, my OI will be useful in this match" etc etc. I personally hate arty and even tho i won a filthy lefh i dont play it. If i ciuld trade it, i would do it without thinking it twice, no matter the tank, even if it is a tier 2. Anything is better than arty. 

If players need arty gone to have a good game then they're probably not that good and won't be having good games anyway. It will be interesting seeing those who can't deal with, the fairly easy to adapt to, arty cast about for a new excuse as to why they still fail ...

Tuzban #59 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36854 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Mar 23 2019 - 00:40, said:

Please get a tanto and commit sudoku,

Hope this helps.

Sudoku

FedericoWR #60 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 19197 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

Refund for all of us who lost time being stunned by the artys!!!1!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users