Refund for all of us who wasted time playing Artillery

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

SnakePliskan #61 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostWhiteBishop, on Mar 23 2019 - 02:05, said:

No, that's just stupid. There's no such thing as a 'price for life'. No company would be that suicidal. 

Windstream, Comcast, Qwest, Century Link....want to keep going?

HeraldricKnight #62 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7719 battles

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 23 2019 - 01:51, said:

Windstream, Comcast, Qwest, Century Link....want to keep going?

Yes, because none of those you mentioned have a price for life.

SnakePliskan #63 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 27 battles

View PostWhiteBishop, on Mar 23 2019 - 02:59, said:

Yes, because none of those you mentioned have a price for life.

Every single one had and did offer it. Some customers still have the life pricing as long as they adhere to the requirements. Thanks for playing next contestant.

Edited by SnakePliskan, Mar 23 2019 - 03:22.

HeraldricKnight #64 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7719 battles

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 23 2019 - 02:16, said:

Every single one does. Thanks for playing next contestant.

Proof?

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 23 2019 - 02:16, said:

Every single one had and did offer it. Some customers still have the life pricing as long as they adhere to the requirements. Thanks for playing next contestant.

Oh, so you have none.

Edited by WhiteBishop, Mar 23 2019 - 03:35.

That1Villain #65 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 25250 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostExiledcrow, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:14, said:

If players need arty gone to have a good game then they're probably not that good and won't be having good games anyway. It will be interesting seeing those who can't deal with, the fairly easy to adapt to, arty cast about for a new excuse as to why they still fail ...

Except good players will still do well despite being artillery focused all game and the rest of the team doesnt have to worry about it. Stat padders are very easy to tell apart from genuinely good players, it doesnt mean that getting perma-stunned all game isn't annoying. I've had games with even one or two artillery that have followed me around the map just to try and kill me, many of my friends have experienced the same thing as well. I dont mind playing arty when I'm having a really bad day and get focused by arty a lot but seriously artillery is a broken mechanic because they are virtually immune to taking damage until the very end of the game because counter battery is not worth the effort; the stun mechanic is a glorified griefing mechanic; splash radius is absolutely absurd now even on smaller arty; and provides very little tactical relevance. There is nothing artillery can do to help the team that other tanks can't do provided the thing between keyboard and chair has some level of skill. It's designed as a support class that is poorly implemented by outdated HE mechanics. Really the only reason WG refuses to get rid of it is it is part of their business model to sell goods to players that play arty, that is it. /walloftext

the_dude_76 #66 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 04:20

Major

• Players
  • 34066 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 22 2019 - 16:05, said:

Just stating you were incorrect to state WG only compensates for actual money spent. Which is not true. 

WG has given compensation to those that have not spent any money. Examples I gave show that. 

As for this change, I truly doubt WG will give out any compensation. Unless community outrage gets big enough. 

Except you didn't say "compensate", you said refund

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:45, said:

Riddle us this: 

What are you talking about, when WG has refunded players for rebalancing in the past? 

Refund implies they're getting back something they've given. The OP and I both specified gold which would be equivalent to a monetary refund rather than a free tech tree tank given as compensation for a change to the tree. WG has never given out gold or refunded money unless something that was purchased with either was nerfed. He specifically states he wants gold for his time and effort. I think you'll agree that WG has never done this.

As for potential compensation, we don't even know the details yet, it seems likely there will be buffs to go along with the nerfs. If it balances out there wouldn't be any need for compensation anyway.

nuclearguy931 #67 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 04:29

Major

• Players
  • 81687 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:52, said:

They made a very very big and bold announcement. I am surprised they did not have confetti cannons and fireworks. SPG Re-balance etc etc.

https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/spg-rebalancing-032119/

Reading this, they really changed nothing at all. 

A really minor tweak to the stun and a couple of minor vehicle changes. IE: CGC has a slightly lowered shell speed.

Some are getting very excited over what they called a re-balance, but in reality, is just a minor update.

Pretty much the way I see it. Small change to the stun effect but you can work around that quite easily and the tank getting stunned might even be guilty of helping the arty player do that. The only real impact will be on the French auto-loader where it might have to wait a couple of extra seconds to fire again at the same tank. And to think of it, if there is only 1 arty on the team that isn't an auto-loader, the changes really don't affect it, as the load time between shells is longer than the stun duration. You may lose a little damage on a vehicle that has a spall liner but they are usually just on the larger slow movers.

So, the way around this is to wait till the stun counter on the hit tank is gone then hit it again. The reduced stun only comes into play if the tank getting hit is still stunned. Players getting stunned are going to use their med kits to heal their crew fast and when they do, they eliminate themselves from the 2nd hit stun reduction. If the arty player doesn't want to wait for the stun timer to run out they will just hit a 2nd target if available which will make 2 players on the opposing team cry.

Aside from that, the only real change is the Spall Liner is going to have more of a safety net for the tank using it, and so it should. Tanks on the outer limit of the stun range will be reduced in both damage and stun effect, not so bad.

The whining and crying will still go on by the arty haters.

CreepyMaxx #68 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 04:56

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17151 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER
What a bunch of baloney! The cry babies win. This is one big arty nerf for the whiners. More people spend money on tanks so tilt the game to that. I hate that garbage sales tactic.

bowbra100 #69 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 15536 battles

Edited by bowbra100, Mar 23 2019 - 05:19.

CardboardJedi #70 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13255 battles
  • [DDVR] DDVR

Me and my Waffenträger aren't laughing with you, we are laughing AT you...

No seriously nobody stood up for us, wasn't your tank. Now the Eye of WG has turned on you, and there's nobody to stand with you. Least you get to keep your tanks, empty shells that they'll soon be ;P

CreepyMaxx #71 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17151 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER
You laughing at your win rate? Nerfing arty is not enough to change your garbage play gramps. Go back to bingo at the local senior center.

goldfinger_555 #72 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:06

Captain

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
I admit I did not see an arty nerf (even a small one like this) coming so soon after the wheelies came out. That's two hits against artys in a short time frame. I've felt for awhile they've wanted to get rid of arty but couldn't since so many play it. Seems they have quickened their pace on hoping people decide on their own to quit playing them.

theskinman36 #73 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15969 battles
  • [-HOD-] -HOD-
Really, i'm done trying to grind any more arty, I'll play what I have but that's it.what about all of these tanks that can 1 shot you are you going to nerf them?

scHnuuudle_bop #74 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 20999 battles

View PostFlarvin, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:47, said:

It does not seem you have read what you linked. 

A nerf from .5 - .15 damage from center to edge, to .5 - .05 is more than nothing. Add in the splash radius reduction and you get ~20% damage reduction. 

Okay, you will have to show me the link.

All I see is this article. The only place it mentions damage, is in reference to stun.  

They simply reduced the stun duration "after" it has already stunned.

The CGC got a change to its shell velocity.

Is the reduction in damage part of the list of tanks , individual list

orangeandblue #75 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29129 battles
World of Warships already has my attention drawn back away from Tanks. Rocketship scouts and arty that is worthless to play. Your game is nowhere near similar to any kind of reality, artillery has and always will be a part of warfare. You're doing a sincere disservice to some of these historically based artillery pieces that had large roles to play in WWII, sure maybe it was overpowered at first. You adjusted that. Now you're caving to the whiners again and "adjusting it some more". I hate getting hit by arty as much as the next guy when I play in my heavies and other tanks, but seriously, stop making these artillery pieces something they never were and start respecting them, if by nothing else, just removing them completely from the game. That's far better than these new mechanics that are constantly being contrived.

3bagsfull #76 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostscHnuuudle_bop, on Mar 23 2019 - 04:29, said:

Okay, you will have to show me the link.

All I see is this article. The only place it mentions damage, is in reference to stun.  

They simply reduced the stun duration "after" it has already stunned.

The CGC got a change to its shell velocity.

Is the reduction in damage part of the list of tanks , individual list

The video explains things pretty clearly.    Damage at the outer edges of splash radius is being reduced, which when virtually every arty shot capable of splash is a splash hit - that is a damage reduction.    TBH, it should have always been like that in the first place.

nuclearguy931 #77 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:39

Major

• Players
  • 81687 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View Postvenom286, on Mar 22 2019 - 14:17, said:

4 k games in a bc 155 58 i just puked a little 

Lol, what does crap taste like the 2nd time around?

3bagsfull #78 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View Postorangeandblue, on Mar 23 2019 - 04:32, said:

World of Warships already has my attention drawn back away from Tanks. Rocketship scouts and arty that is worthless to play. Your game is nowhere near similar to any kind of reality, artillery has and always will be a part of warfare. You're doing a sincere disservice to some of these historically based artillery pieces that had large roles to play in WWII, sure maybe it was overpowered at first. You adjusted that. Now you're caving to the whiners again and "adjusting it some more". I hate getting hit by arty as much as the next guy when I play in my heavies and other tanks, but seriously, stop making these artillery pieces something they never were and start respecting them, if by nothing else, just removing them completely from the game. That's far better than these new mechanics that are constantly being contrived.

They already made arty something it never was in real life, an indirect sniper, picking and choosing it's own targets.   That hasn't changed even with all the changes in WoT.  

HeraldricKnight #79 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 05:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 7719 battles

View Postorangeandblue, on Mar 23 2019 - 04:32, said:

World of Warships already has my attention drawn back away from Tanks. Rocketship scouts and arty that is worthless to play. Your game is nowhere near similar to any kind of reality, artillery has and always will be a part of warfare. You're doing a sincere disservice to some of these historically based artillery pieces that had large roles to play in WWII, sure maybe it was overpowered at first. You adjusted that. Now you're caving to the whiners again and "adjusting it some more".

The Tiger 1 and Panther are prime examples of historical disservice, so climb down the soapbox.

Artillery was used for everything. Attacking? Artillery Barrage. Defending? Artillery Barrage. City Siege? Artillery Barrage. Open Field? Artillery Barrage. Like WWI, Artillery was largely used for its psychological aspect moreso than expecting it to do direct damage, that's what TANKS were for. 

Burning_Haggis #80 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 06:08

Major

• Players
  • 45753 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA
I don't even want a refund, take my arty, take any time I spent in it, keep the credits, XP, free XP, and whatever else you want, just get that crap out of the game.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users