Refund for all of us who wasted time playing Artillery

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

3bagsfull #81 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 06:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostThat1Villain, on Mar 23 2019 - 02:36, said:

Except good players will still do well despite being artillery focused all game and the rest of the team doesnt have to worry about it. Stat padders are very easy to tell apart from genuinely good players, it doesnt mean that getting perma-stunned all game isn't annoying. I've had games with even one or two artillery that have followed me around the map just to try and kill me, many of my friends have experienced the same thing as well. I dont mind playing arty when I'm having a really bad day and get focused by arty a lot but seriously artillery is a broken mechanic because they are virtually immune to taking damage until the very end of the game because counter battery is not worth the effort; the stun mechanic is a glorified griefing mechanic; splash radius is absolutely absurd now even on smaller arty; and provides very little tactical relevance. There is nothing artillery can do to help the team that other tanks can't do provided the thing between keyboard and chair has some level of skill. It's designed as a support class that is poorly implemented by outdated HE mechanics. Really the only reason WG refuses to get rid of it is it is part of their business model to sell goods to players that play arty, that is it. /walloftext

Watch top level player streaming every day, there are games where he's essentially removed from the game by artillery.    Granted, he's playing more aggressive than most since he's chasing 100% of MOE but still he's not putting himself "out there" like a noob either.

jsn87xi76slk92mc802d7sk1 #82 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 07:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3929 battles

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 23 2019 - 06:46, said:

Watch top level player streaming every day, there are games where he's essentially removed from the game by artillery.    Granted, he's playing more aggressive than most since he's chasing 100% of MOE but still he's not putting himself "out there" like a noob either.

there you go

keep in mind even if you are hiding you are still removed from the game because you are avoiding being hit = hiding in a useless position. 

but meh, they dont get it

ArmoredTred #83 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 08:25

Private

• -Players-
  • 4783 battles
Indeed there is a hate for Arty and I used to be one of them tho over time I adapted and eventually started playing as artillery I had fun learning to enjoy playing as one aswell now I'm dejected how wg is accommodating a community of players that can't adapt to the dynamics of the game and learn to be strategic or Reservative, often times its more apparent to see the Run' N Gunners rush into a funnel of death and the ones that stayed behind were guileful they played diligently ending the game with a well deserved victory. 

I guess I'll just grind something else in the mean time, but if wg feels like kicken something down I wont Obj.. if not.. its meh

ProfessionalFinn #84 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 13:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 26395 battles

View PostBloodbeard, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:14, said:

Arty depends on stupidity; the minor arty changes do nothing for the dweebs who are so easy to exploit.  Arty will always be OP as long as stupid drives your tank. 

What a great post, a pithy bulls-eye.  

superfatman #85 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 16:41

Private

• Players
  • 13157 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-

View PostBloodbeard, on Mar 22 2019 - 21:14, said:

Arty depends on stupidity; the minor arty changes do nothing for the dweebs who are so easy to exploit.  Arty will always be OP as long as stupid drives your tank. 

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! EPIC! 

Look, I've been playing arty since way before 918, all I have to say is give me back some alpha, and we're all good!

Also, to you nubs who don't know how the stun helps the team - when arty splashes and stuns the tank your smashing your "T" key at, shoot it. Then you'll see the advantages of arty on your team. 

(Please return pub two way chat, I love the tears of "arty hate" - they feed my soul!)

Zeds_Tank #86 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 16:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 21827 battles
Pretending the money and time you spend in a video game is an investment is like using another landowner's property and materials to build a house and thinking you can sell it to them.

HeraldricKnight #87 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 16:47

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles

View Postsuperfatman, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:41, said:

BUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! EPIC! 

Look, I've been playing arty since way before 918, all I have to say is give me back some alpha, and we're all good!

Also, to you nubs who don't know how the stun helps the team - when arty splashes and stuns the tank your smashing your "T" key at, shoot it. Then you'll see the advantages of arty on your team. 

(Please return pub two way chat, I love the tears of "arty hate" - they feed my soul!)

Shooting at a non-stunned target is the same as shooting a stunned target, the only difference is that the saliva dribbler gets half of the credit because his shell landed within the same postcode. 

You do realize that people press the 'T' button for the TD's as well, right? Or are you another one of those 'savant' artillery players that magically see artillery as being 'super complex and engaging'. 

superfatman #88 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:07

Private

• Players
  • 13157 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-

View PostWhiteBishop, on Mar 23 2019 - 16:47, said:

Shooting at a non-stunned target is the same as shooting a stunned target, the only difference is that the saliva dribbler gets half of the credit because his shell landed within the same postcode. 

You do realize that people press the 'T' button for the TD's as well, right? Or are you another one of those 'savant' artillery players that magically see artillery as being 'super complex and engaging'. 

Someones got some daddy issue. 

Look, when an arty hits, tracks and or knocks out a reload, crew etc, it makes it easier for the team to knock that player out. 

I also realize "T" is for more than just arty, however, when you hit the "T" and arty hits that target for you, take advantage of it. It's no different than playing a scout, spotting crapand the team complains that they didn't lite crapin their corner of the map. 

HeraldricKnight #89 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:15

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles

View Postsuperfatman, on Mar 23 2019 - 16:07, said:

Someones got some daddy issue. 

Look, when an arty hits, tracks and or knocks out a reload, crew etc, it makes it easier for the team to knock that player out. 

I also realize "T" is for more than just arty, however, when you hit the "T" and arty hits that target for you, take advantage of it. It's no different than playing a scout, spotting crapand the team complains that they didn't lite crapin their corner of the map. 

Someone has a grammar issue.

Just like every other class. The only difference is other classes do it without hiding behind a mountain all game. 

superfatman #90 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:24

Private

• Players
  • 13157 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-

View PostWhiteBishop, on Mar 23 2019 - 17:15, said:

Someone has a grammar issue.

Just like every other class. The only difference is other classes do it without hiding behind a mountain all game. 

I'd say go double bush yourself and stat pad in that TD of yours, but your PR says otherwise...

HeraldricKnight #91 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:28

Captain

• Players
  • 8751 battles

View Postsuperfatman, on Mar 23 2019 - 16:24, said:

I'd say go double bush yourself and stat pad in that TD of yours, but your PR says otherwise...

Exiledcrow #92 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:52

Major

• Players
  • 50387 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS
Honestly, kinda looking forward to the changes. Bet we're still going to have a bunch of victims puzzled by arty touching them in their no-no places. :arta:

Flarvin #93 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:09

Major

• Players
  • 54888 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:20, said:

Except you didn't say "compensate", you said refund

Riddle us this: 

What are you talking about, when WG has refunded players for rebalancing in the past? 

Refund implies they're getting back something they've given. The OP and I both specified gold which would be equivalent to a monetary refund rather than a free tech tree tank given as compensation for a change to the tree. WG has never given out gold or refunded money unless something that was purchased with either was nerfed. He specifically states he wants gold for his time and effort. I think you'll agree that WG has never done this.

As for potential compensation, we don't even know the details yet, it seems likely there will be buffs to go along with the nerfs. If it balances out there wouldn't be any need for compensation anyway.

Yes, I was using ‘refund’ in the way the OP did. Which was to compensation in gold for wasted effort and resources on arty. 

Which is a valid use of refund, even if you do not like it. 

Shortcult #94 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:41

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles

View PostISNomads, on Mar 22 2019 - 12:42, said:

I eat the same sandwich for lunch every week. I have really enjoyed eating that sandwich over the years. Now I heard they are changing the ingredients in the sandwich I buy every week. I think they should refund everything I paid for the sandwiches in the past.

Had to log in just to upboat that.

Also, and now that I'm here, there seems to be some arty fan boy posters missing from this post.  I've checked every page twice now, has this supposed nerf already claimed the active status of Clikz and crew?  What of the IdesofMarchtarget?  No response after all the promises that arty would never be changed again?

Puff has the right idea, adapt and continue to use your strengths for the team.  Maybe this is a change to help bring arty back into the fold.  Time will tell.

I seem to have missed the spot where it was shown this 'change' was only happening on the NA server.  Not being able to find it the facts to me seem to be;

Russian servers have the most players and the largest income to WG.

NA server(s) do not have the most players and are not the largest income to WG.

WG is making a change to the game.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and infer from those facts that the 'change' to the game is not being made to specifically accommodate the NA server.  Or any select group of players on the NA server.  I know I'm pompous but I am honestly guffawed by the thought that some of you can make it out the front door and function in society. 

Edited by Shortcult, Mar 23 2019 - 21:11.

Brave18 #95 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 21528 battles
  • [ROGER] ROGER

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 13:32, said:

You have made it practically useless and why not just end it all together in World Of Tanks. It makes more sense than to just continue to make it un-playable to where it is impossible to complete the artillery 15 mission for the Tier 10 heavy. Because I have to have more experience points than players on both sides.:izmena:

Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game. Refund Gold, for wasted time energy and resources.

EliteSwatTeam

Well you have been here as long as I have so you've seen this before...Players QQ and they Nerf Arty. But

I will say this they over did the Stun effect and it really does need Nerfed. Let's just wait and see if they do slight Buffs also to even it out. Pre-Stun... arty was in a good place except they needed to limit to 2 per game.

AZandEL #96 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30502 battles

View PostEliteSwatTeam, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:32, said:

You have made it practically useless and why not just end it all together in World Of Tanks. It makes more sense than to just continue to make it un-playable to where it is impossible to complete the artillery 15 mission for the Tier 10 heavy. Because I have to have more experience points than players on both sides.:izmena:

Arty is no longer a threat so just do the right thing and remove it from the game. Refund Gold, for wasted time energy and resources.

EliteSwatTeam

The handwriting was on the wall, so WG finally appeased the snowflakes. Incredibly they didnt reduce the max arty per game to 2 - that seems like it would have solved the problem on its own. Oh well. Dont hold your breath on the suggestion - wot destroys tanks that we have built and nurtured with real $all the time with their rebalances - we have lost count. There are too many tanks in the game at this point so the balancing will be continuous with each new premium rolled out. Heck we havent even seen the rest of the armored cars for the other nations so buckle in. Maybe they are setting up for releasing premium arties. I'll just leave them in the garage along with my other tanks that time has passed by - maybe someday they will be playable again.

3bagsfull #97 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostAZandEL, on Mar 23 2019 - 21:27, said:

The handwriting was on the wall, so WG finally appeased the snowflakes. Incredibly they didnt reduce the max arty per game to 2 - that seems like it would have solved the problem on its own. Oh well. Dont hold your breath on the suggestion - wot destroys tanks that we have built and nurtured with real $all the time with their rebalances - we have lost count. There are too many tanks in the game at this point so the balancing will be continuous with each new premium rolled out. Heck we havent even seen the rest of the armored cars for the other nations so buckle in. Maybe they are setting up for releasing premium arties. I'll just leave them in the garage along with my other tanks that time has passed by - maybe someday they will be playable again.

That would have solved the problem without even having to go through this whole stun shenanigans.    If Arty can 1-shot a tank it doesn't take a rocket scientist to understand that you simply need to reduce the number of them that can and problem is solved.

Gang_Starr #98 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:20

Major

• Players
  • 15972 battles
  • [SUX] SUX
You used this sanctioned griefing mechanic for years and now you want refunds? You invested time and in-game currency into being a cancer - you paid to have your fun and enjoy yourself, why ask for a refund when you already took advantage of arty this whole time?

3bagsfull #99 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles
We all know the only refunds WG gives are Russian Refunds anyway.

Wingnuttz33 #100 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 02:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22459 battles
  • [SCRUU] SCRUU

View PostISNomads, on Mar 22 2019 - 15:42, said:

I eat the same sandwich for lunch every week. I have really enjoyed eating that sandwich over the years. Now I heard they are changing the ingredients in the sandwich I buy every week. I think they should refund everything I paid for the sandwiches in the past.

I think your sandwich analogy would be more like...

I buy my meatball sandwich every week at Tom's sandwich shop. I really like their meatball sandwiches. Now i've heard the vegan customers are complaining to Tom they don't like the smell of MEAT, it ruins their enjoyment of their lunch time.   But Tom tells the Vegans 90% of his customers have a meatball sandwich in their daily order. 

So, Tom removes ONE of the meatballs on the sandwich but charges the same.

The Vegans still complain they can smell the meat and it is ruining their lunch hour.

So Tom removes another meatball.

The vegans STILL smell meat and threaten Tom they will never eat here again.

The people that once enjoyed Toms 4 meatball sandwich, threaten Tom they will never come back for a meatless meatball sandwich.

what now?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users