My understanding of arty

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

RageMachine117 #1 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 23:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1684 battles
  • [POP-C] POP-C

I have closely followed this game for years and this seems to be how this has gone in regards to artillery

Community: Remove arty. Wargaming: Limit amount from 20+ to less than that?

Community: Remove arty. Wargaming: Nerf their accuracy?

Community: Remove arty. Wargaming: Buff their accuracy,"reduce their damage",Buff splash radius,and give them an annoying stun feature that makes having repair kits meaningless? 

Community: Remove arty. Wargaming: Start screwing around with every possible mechanic to make them as cancerously broken as possible? 

I have arrived at the conclusion that Wargaming is intentionally not listening and is all but exclusively listening to arty players that believe their sky cancer isn't broken enough yet. Next up

Community: Remove arty. Wargaming: Buff damage back to one shot 7/10 times level and buff their accuracy to standard tank levels?

Wargamings motto: Screw the players we want money. 

WhineMaker #2 Posted Mar 22 2019 - 23:59

Major

• Players
  • 36473 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Op's definition of community = vocal minority

Can't handle the full pc version of WoT, which includes arty... :arta:

Go play WoT Blitz... :great:

RageMachine117 #3 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1684 battles
  • [POP-C] POP-C
and theres the first arty-loving forum troll. I'd also not consider it a vocal minority. I've seen people playing arty in-game that hate arty. 

RageMachine117 #4 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1684 battles
  • [POP-C] POP-C
Hell I'd have no problem with arty if it was fairly balanced and the people that enjoy it could get it through their heads that their unbalanced class and attitude is why people hate it. You know how many times I've been shot in the back by some kid in an arty raging that "THE TEAM ISNT SPOTTING" when over half the enemy team is lit? 

RaynorShyne #5 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:07

Captain

• Players
  • 27061 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 17:03, said:

and theres the first arty-loving forum troll. I'd also not consider it a vocal minority. I've seen people playing arty in-game that hate arty. 

http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/600226-what-is-it-that-you-hate-the-most-in-this-game/

Read this - among dozens of other polls.

Guido1212 #6 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:18

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 79707 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostWhineMaker, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:59, said:

Do you really believe the multiple changes over multiple years have been caused by a vocal minority?

RaynorShyne #7 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:20

Captain

• Players
  • 27061 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 17:07, said:

Hell I'd have no problem with arty if it was fairly balanced and the people that enjoy it could get it through their heads that their unbalanced class and attitude is why people hate it. You know how many times I've been shot in the back by some kid in an arty raging that "THE TEAM ISNT SPOTTING" when over half the enemy team is lit? 

You're stated problem isn't arty - it's raging players

RaynorShyne #8 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:21

Captain

• Players
  • 27061 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostGuido1212, on Mar 22 2019 - 17:18, said:

Do you really believe the multiple changes over multiple years have been caused by a vocal minority?

Yes - 

RageMachine117 #9 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1684 battles
  • [POP-C] POP-C

View PostRaynorShyne, on Mar 23 2019 - 00:20, said:

You're stated problem isn't arty - it's raging players

It's both. Both the scumbags that play arty and the mechanics of it. In years of watching it on youtube and a number of months playing I've gained very little understanding of what allegedly prevents arty from making your game a living hell. Every other class it's pretty basic: Don't go into kill zones but arty doesnt seem to HAVE a kill zone. Most maps anymore far as I can tell have like 3 spots where arty will at most STRUGGLE to hit you (and thats where splash and stun get irritating)

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:36

Major

• Players
  • 14368 battles

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:53, said:

I have closely followed this game for years and this seems to be how this has gone in regards to artillery

Community: Remove arty. Wargaming: Buff their accuracy,"reduce their damage",Buff splash radius,and give them an annoying stun feature that makes having repair kits meaningless? 

Community: Remove arty. Wargaming: Start screwing around with every possible mechanic to make them as cancerously broken as possible? 

I have arrived at the conclusion that Wargaming is intentionally not listening and is all but exclusively listening to arty players that believe their sky cancer isn't broken enough yet. Next up

Community: Remove arty. Wargaming: Buff damage back to one shot 7/10 times level and buff their accuracy to standard tank levels?

RaynorShyne #11 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:40

Captain

• Players
  • 27061 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 17:33, said:

It's both. Both the scumbags that play arty and the mechanics of it. In years of watching it on youtube and a number of months playing I've gained very little understanding of what allegedly prevents arty from making your game a living hell. Every other class it's pretty basic: Don't go into kill zones but arty doesnt seem to HAVE a kill zone. Most maps anymore far as I can tell have like 3 spots where arty will at most STRUGGLE to hit you (and thats where splash and stun get irritating)

So - what do you LIKE being killed by in your copious number of games?

Mazati #12 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:44

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5477 battles

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:53, said:

The easiest solution is to stop playing a game which has a mechanic that annoys you - if the majority of (current) players hate arty and want it removed why are they still spending money and playing? Stop playing problem solved - I dont personally have any issue with arty and dont want to see this become blitz

Edited by Mazati, Mar 23 2019 - 00:45.

RaynorShyne #13 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:45

Captain

• Players
  • 27061 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostMazati, on Mar 22 2019 - 17:44, said:

The easiest solution is to stop playing a game which has a mechanic that annoys you - if the majority of (current) players hate arty and want it removed why are they still spending money and playing? Stop playing problem solved - I dont personally have any issue with arty and dont want to see this become blitz

^^^^^

RageMachine117 #14 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 00:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1684 battles
  • [POP-C] POP-C

View PostMazati, on Mar 23 2019 - 00:44, said:

I have noticed people are leaving. The NA server at least used to be much better populated and I've heard the EU and Russian servers have declined some too. Now it is for multiple reasons. Matchmaking. Wargamings refusal to punish toxic players. Arty. OP premiums. But people are ceasing to play. Ultimately I enjoy this game and don't really want to see it die. There just comes times when its ridiculous with how much WG ignores the playerbase.

Edited by RageMachine117, Mar 23 2019 - 00:58.

RageMachine117 #15 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 01:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1684 battles
  • [POP-C] POP-C

View PostRaynorShyne, on Mar 23 2019 - 00:40, said:

So - what do you LIKE being killed by in your copious number of games?

I accept death in game as an inevitability. No matter how good you get you will always die. I merely wish artillery to be better balanced than it is now. Wargaming say it "prevents camping" yet we all know what maps like Campinovka are like when theres arty on it. No one daring move because if your spotted you are getting paddled by arty because so many of these maps HAVE NO EFFECTIVE COVER. 

Mazati #16 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 01:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5477 battles

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 23:57, said:

I have noticed people are leaving. The NA server at least used to be much better populated and I've heard the EU and Russian servers have declined some too. Now it is for multiple reasons. Matchmaking. Wargamings refusal to punish toxic players. Arty. OP premiums. But people are ceasing to play. Ultimately I enjoy this game and don't really want to see it die. There just comes times when its ridiculous with how much WG ignores the playerbase.

Well I dont want to see it die either but ALL games die they have an eventual expiration its unavoidable and happens to all games - there is literally nothing that can be done about games dying off eventually and more often then not drastic changes implemented to save games has led to an even faster death - just take a break and come back later 

RaynorShyne #17 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 01:03

Captain

• Players
  • 27061 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:00, said:

I accept death in game as an inevitability. No matter how good you get you will always die. I merely wish artillery to be better balanced than it is now. Wargaming say it "prevents camping" yet we all know what maps like Campinovka are like when theres arty on it. No one daring move because if your spotted you are getting paddled by arty because so many of these maps HAVE NO EFFECTIVE COVER. 

And how do you propose balance?

stevezaxx #18 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 01:12

Captain

• Players
  • 39450 battles
  • [COD] COD

if arty  were OP, the any battle with Arty in it, would end with a Draw, every time there were the same number on each side.

RageMachine117 #19 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 01:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1684 battles
  • [POP-C] POP-C

View PostRaynorShyne, on Mar 23 2019 - 01:03, said:

And how do you propose balance?

Well personally I prefered crap accuracy/high damage. You could avoid arty fire,splash wasnt as big of a thing,and more often than not if you did get slapped well the arty got a lucky kill. To balance this class I would say remove the stun feature,rework the damage mechanic to be more similar to those of other tanks,and nerf the accuracy a bit so arty players actually have to try to hit the target. OR if they absolutely MUST stay in this format. Limit it to 1 per game. 

WhiteBishop #20 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 01:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5567 battles

View PostWhineMaker, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:59, said:

And you think this community is the one Wargaming pays attention to. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users