My understanding of arty

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

I_QQ_4_U #41 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 09:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 22135 battles

View PosttheSparatan117, on Mar 23 2019 - 02:14, said:

The fact that the majority of players say " F*** arty" in games but those same people never post here, should be deafening... because it means those people are likely going to quit without ever having voiced their opinion on a public forum. 

The majority of games doesn't equate to the majority of players, yeah there's often one or two players that whine about arty in a game but there's 15 players on the team, just as many usually playing arty so by your logic that is proof the majority of players love SPG's.

RaynorShyne #42 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:22

Captain

• Players
  • 27323 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PosttheSparatan117, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:00, said:

The problem with your statement is that all of those things can be countered by simply being smart about positioning. 

The only counter to artillery is to remain unspotted.... which means you have to literally be a terrible team player or a camping TD. 

Wheelies can be countered by cover. 4005 can be countered by cover. Auto-Loaders can be countered by... wait for it.... cover.... and a very fast repair kit. 

Very few locations in almost all of the maps provide cover for Artillery, and you cannot stay in them for the entire game and remain effective. 

Please, bring on the next argument. 

If your lit and taking artillery fire, and you refuse to move - yes, I'm going to 250-point plink you to death.

By your reasoning, you die at the hands of the 'infamous artillery' every single battle because there's no counter.   

Of course, this flies in the face of your previous comments about how you saunter in driving your wheelie and wax them off the map in the first minute.

Can't have it both ways.   Are SPG's the invincible harbingers of doom, or pansy cupcakes unto the slaughter?    

Omega_Weapon #43 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 52516 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PosttheSparatan117, on Mar 22 2019 - 23:00, said:

The problem with your statement is that all of those things can be countered by simply being smart about positioning. 

The only counter to artillery is to remain unspotted.... which means you have to literally be a terrible team player or a camping TD. 

Wheelies can be countered by cover. 4005 can be countered by cover. Auto-Loaders can be countered by... wait for it.... cover.... and a very fast repair kit. 

Very few locations in almost all of the maps provide cover for Artillery, and you cannot stay in them for the entire game and remain effective. 

Please, bring on the next argument. 

And arty can be countered by moving too. Complicated, but a worthwhile technique once mastered. :great:

Edited by Omega_Weapon, Mar 23 2019 - 17:40.

nuclearguy931 #44 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:37

Major

• Players
  • 81217 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostGuido1212, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:18, said:

Do you really believe the multiple changes over multiple years have been caused by a vocal minority?

Yes.

nuclearguy931 #45 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:40

Major

• Players
  • 81217 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:26, said:

WG keeps arty because it has embedded itself into the game. There are campaign missions revolving around it and if they were to just remove all of the arty (including premiums) everyone would want compensation, lots of it. 

WG doesn't do compensation, at least not well. 

If they gave us pennies for all of the time spent grinding arty, people would leave. 

Besides, the only people complaining about arty on the forums are the extremists who's opinion should be discarded. 

You should change 'opinion' to childish or juvenile rants.

3bagsfull #46 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 18:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Mar 23 2019 - 16:27, said:

And arty can be countered by moving too. Complicated, but a worthwhile technique once mastered. :great:

Sometimes you simply can't move because you know the tanks the guy is fighting are on the other side of the rock the arty shouldn't be able to drop a round in a barrel to hit in the first place.       Funny that the tank class that has no reason to move is telling the rest of tanks they should be moving.

HansReichardt #47 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:30

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12609 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

As if arty is the problem in this game

Not the wheelie vehicles doing 100 kmh+ and snap shooting your team to death or exposing all your TD locations 30 seconds into the game, or invincible Russian mediums at the higher tiers which are something out of Buck Rogers, which effortlessly obliterate anything they come across

Arty doesn't completely change the outcome of the game.

Omega_Weapon #48 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 01:05

Major

• Players
  • 52516 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 23 2019 - 12:50, said:

Sometimes you simply can't move because you know the tanks the guy is fighting are on the other side of the rock the arty shouldn't be able to drop a round in a barrel to hit in the first place.       Funny that the tank class that has no reason to move is telling the rest of tanks they should be moving.

Self "Propelled" Gun. Arty is able to move, just like any other class. I know because I move in my arty all the time. And if you want to be  effective in the battle, moving is even recommended. Just as it is with the other classes.

3bagsfull #49 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 01:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Mar 24 2019 - 00:05, said:

Self "Propelled" Gun. Arty is able to move, just like any other class. I know because I move in my arty all the time. And if you want to be  effective in the battle, moving is even recommended. Just as it is with the other classes.

And the reality is SPG's really don't have to move in WoT, because the only thing that can hit them is the other artillery until your side completely collapses.   Meanwhile, while you are sitting in one spot waiting to track my movements, orientation and speed in real time from across the map - I can't see what brand of chips you are eating.   How is that fair?

Sturmgeschut #50 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 02:53

Captain

• Players
  • 12656 battles
  • [SEELS] SEELS

Artillery rewards people for not putting in much work, which is probably why there are so many old people that enjoy it.

When you consider that about half didn't graduate something as simple as high school, you start to understand why a class where "sit there and click every minute" is so popular among them.

If they were to remove artillery, then the old people would just leave, since they grew up on not having to adapt and having everything go their way.

Altwar #51 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 03:15

Major

• Players
  • 57984 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View PostGuido1212, on Mar 22 2019 - 15:18, said:

Do you really believe the multiple changes over multiple years have been caused by a vocal minority?

I do, actually. 

That most players don't seem to come and post on the forums could mean they are okay with the game as is, don't care one way or the other, or have better things to do than repeatedly complain or offer "improvements".   So that leaves it to the ones for or against to be vocal and being against and complaining is always the easiest to do.  That's evident in every game, and every avenue of conversation on most any topic under the sun.

Wingnuttz33 #52 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 03:37

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21643 battles
  • [SCRUU] SCRUU

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:53, said:

Artillery rewards people for not putting in much work, which is probably why there are so many old people that enjoy it.

When you consider that about half didn't graduate something as simple as high school, you start to understand why a class where "sit there and click every minute" is so popular among them.

If they were to remove artillery, then the old people would just leave, since they grew up on not having to adapt and having everything go their way.

WHAAaaaaat?

You got everything twisted backasswards there Cupcake.

Omega_Weapon #53 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 52516 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 23 2019 - 19:23, said:

And the reality is SPG's really don't have to move in WoT, because the only thing that can hit them is the other artillery until your side completely collapses.   Meanwhile, while you are sitting in one spot waiting to track my movements, orientation and speed in real time from across the map - I can't see what brand of chips you are eating.   How is that fair?

Okay, still not agreeing with you, but that was funny. Well played. :D

RaynorShyne #54 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 15:53

Captain

• Players
  • 27323 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 23 2019 - 19:53, said:

Lets cut off this repeated line of bullfeces off right now.

• First off, most of the 'old men' here have been more [edited]in their life so far than you ever will be
  • Sub-par arty players "don't put in much work" - just like sub-par TD players, or heavy players, or wheelies who tap "R" three times them steer left and right all game.  
  • You hated it so much, you burned XP to jump ahead to the S-51- let me guess, to "jump ahead for missions" or some other trite answer.
  • Cast shade somewhere else, thumbsucker.

Mazati #55 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 20:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 5513 battles

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 24 2019 - 01:53, said:

Complains about arty - Owns a Lefh and its in the top ten most played vehicles they own - really now 

Goat_Rodeo #56 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 20:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15281 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

View PostGuido1212, on Mar 22 2019 - 23:18, said:

Don’t try to even begin to make sense with him let alone a cogent sentence. 

3bagsfull #57 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 20:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Mar 24 2019 - 14:20, said:

Okay, still not agreeing with you, but that was funny. Well played. :D

Can a tank that doesn't have LOS trade with arty?   Nope, it's one-way damage and stun.   

Omega_Weapon #58 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 21:39

Major

• Players
  • 52516 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 25 2019 - 14:53, said:

Can a tank that doesn't have LOS trade with arty?   Nope, it's one-way damage and stun.   

Its rare but it can happen. Seen it in videos and even pulled it off myself once. You use the incoming fire direction indicator to line up your gun, take an educated guess on the likely hiding spot and pull the trigger.

Mikosah #59 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View PostAltwar, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:15, said:

I do, actually. 

That most players don't seem to come and post on the forums could mean they are okay with the game as is, don't care one way or the other, or have better things to do than repeatedly complain or offer "improvements".   So that leaves it to the ones for or against to be vocal and being against and complaining is always the easiest to do.  That's evident in every game, and every avenue of conversation on most any topic under the sun.

All the same, would WG really waste their time and risk their precious revenue over the trivial complaints of a tiny minority? Are they really so insecure? Don't they have bigger fish to fry? Last I checked, they were in the midst of reforming the MM templates and trying to figure out how to rework gold shells. For them to even countenance the idea of fussing with arta yet again clearly means there's more to this than the whims of an insignificant minority. What's more, consider that WG has been pumping out premiums at a ridiculous pace, but still refuse to release any new premium SPGs. Doesn't it seem out of character for infamously-greedy WG to pass up such a lucrative opportunity? Does a tiny little unimportant group of arty haters really have the power to tighten WG's mighty purse-strings like this? 

Or maybe, just maybe, the SPG class concept is cancerous and WG knows it. 

Professor_Moar_Arty #60 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 07:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 39058 battles
  • [FRAGD] FRAGD

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 22:53, said:

I have closely followed this game for years and this seems to be how this has gone in regards to artillery

Small but VERY vocal minority of players: Remove arty. Wargaming: Limit amount from 20+ to less than that?

Small but VERY vocal minority of players: Nerf their accuracy?

Small but VERY vocal minority of players: Buff their accuracy,"reduce their damage",Buff splash radius,and give them an annoying stun feature that makes having repair kits meaningless? 

Small but VERY vocal minority of players: Remove arty. Wargaming: Start screwing around with every possible mechanic to make them as cancerously broken as possible? 

I have arrived at the conclusion that Wargaming is intentionally not listening and is all but exclusively listening to arty players that believe their sky cancer isn't broken enough yet. Next up

Small but VERY vocal minority of players: Remove arty. Wargaming: Buff damage back to one shot 7/10 times level and buff their accuracy to standard tank levels?

Wargamings motto: Screw the players we want money. 

fixed that for you

View PostRageMachine117, on Mar 22 2019 - 23:07, said:

Hell I'd have no problem with arty if it was fairly balanced and the people that enjoy it could get it through their heads that their unbalanced class and attitude is why people hate it. You know how many times I've been shot in the back by some kid in an arty raging that "THE TEAM ISNT SPOTTING" when over half the enemy team is lit? 

i would estimate about a Warren(that would be 1/1024) as many times as an artillery player gets nuked by a teammate at the start of a round because "i don't like artillery"

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Mar 23 2019 - 16:27, said:

W A S and D keys are OP..REMOVE THEM!!1!

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 24 2019 - 00:23, said:

we are not the ones tracking your movements..its the other "real tanks" doing so and(insert dr evil voice here) using this thing called a ""radio""

and we cant see what kind of chips you are scarfing either

View PostSturmgeschut, on Mar 24 2019 - 01:53, said:

lol..some special snowflake says older people dont want to work

probably while anxiously awaiting the election of a Democrat so they can get paid for not working

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Mar 25 2019 - 20:39, said:

Its rare but it can happen. Seen it in videos and even pulled it off myself once. You use the incoming fire direction indicator to line up your gun, take an educated guess on the likely hiding spot and pull the trigger.

yeah..just watch any of the videos from Zekin 60fps like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFXuyiQMojU&t=3s

and see it 8-12 times a video

more than you ever saw arty one-shotting tanks in his older vids

but you still see "real tanks" one-shotting stuff multiple times per video(and doing it while they are invisible to the enemy team) ((uh oh! better nerf em))

Edited by Professor_Moar_Arty, Mar 26 2019 - 07:25.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users