If anyone has a 110, A-44 or KV-13, could you please post screenshots of the tank?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Scorpiany #21 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 10:45

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37384 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Posttheblabla, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:58, said:

im sure you already know, but is not tanks.gg better option to see the armor and make screenshots? In live mode is easy to see.

GL

Tanks.gg colors everything on the tank, which sometimes makes it unclear what that theoretical angle actually looks like in-game.

While it does have a "visual model" mode, that's restricted to standard defintion models only.

Furthermore, tanks.gg doesn't show any surrounding environmental factors - EG bushes, rocks, buildings, trees, etc. This means that while it's easy to look at a model there and think "Oh yeah, that makes sense", when you get to the battle, everything may look different. In battle, you don't get that sort of live armor model there for you. Plus, camera angles, field of view, zoom level and ridgelines will all impact how an enemy tank (or allied tank) appears on your screen. It also changes how your own tank's perspective may appear. This means that what may have looked like a good angle on tanks.gg, isn't quite how the tank should be positioned in a real battle.

View Postdeath_stryker, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:32, said:

Here you go:

Spoiler
Spoiler

Thank you very much! :)

View PostCannedHam91, on Mar 22 2019 - 18:31, said:

I am computer illiterate.  Sorry.  I have the A-44.  I took a screenshot of it in my garage.  I have no idea how to get that screenshot into this chat though.  It won't let me drag and drop.  Tell me what to do and I"ll send it to you.  

I can invite you to a training room, then I can take the screenshots myself after you've positioned your tank.

Please let me know when you'd be available (What time you'd be online, and which time zone you're referring to). Thank you very much, I appreciate it!

Edited by Scorpiany, Mar 23 2019 - 11:17.

Scorpiany #22 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 11:16

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 37384 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View Posttheblabla, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:58, said:

im sure you already know, but is not tanks.gg better option to see the armor and make screenshots? In live mode is easy to see.

GL

Clarifying on my above point, take a look at these screenshots of the T110E5 vs. my A-43's APCR.

In theory, that looks like a gap in the tracks that you're looking for, or a strip of armor that looks different from the rest of the tank.

But then you get to actually seeing a T110E5 in battle.

Where exactly is that strip of armor now? There's no obvious armor gap, nor any obvious flatter panel that looks like a weakspot, is there?

If the T110E5 is angling like in the image above, the red penetration marker can be penetrated. However, if he begins side-scraping normally, that weakpoint no longer works. Now you need to find that thin strip of armor. Turns out, it's these roadwheels on the tank that can be penetrated from that steeper, normal side-scraping angle.

And just like that, a Tier 6 medium is beginning to penetrate the armor and break the tracks of a Tier 10 heavy tank which is side-scraping at an angle where most Tier 10 guns would bounce off. Only if you can visually see exactly where that weakpoint would be, could you actually begin making the best usage of it.

Edited by Scorpiany, Mar 23 2019 - 11:16.

CannedHam91 #23 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 00:06

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20400 battles
  • [DBIOW] DBIOW
Skorp, I'm on now.  IT's 1900 Eastern.  Ill be on until at least 2200.  If you send me a message, I can certainly bring my A-44 into a training room for you.  I'll be on tomorrow roughly same time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users