Jump to content


Lancer C not worth it, Change my mind


  • Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

DixonCider563 #1 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39886 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012
* LANSEN C *    I was looking at the tank stats compared to other mediums at tier 8 and to me i do not see the point in buying it. To me the only good thing about it is the tank skin. It has horrible armor, its penetration is weak, its shell velocity is weak and its turret is slow. Also what confuses me is why is wargaming releasing a swedish prem medium tank that does not even fit in line with the new tech tree swedish mediums that will be coming???? It doesn't even have the siege mode like the tech tree line will have. To me it just seems like a pure evil money grab for a weak tier 8 medium with an awesome tank skin. If i do buy it, it will only be for the skin LOL :trollface:

Edited by DixonCider563, Mar 23 2019 - 02:16.


cKy_ #2 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:20

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 2361 battles
  • 1,866
  • [KITTI] KITTI
  • Member since:
    09-29-2018
You probably aren't good enough to make a perfectly balanced vehicle like the Lansen work, so I would advise you to not spend your money on it.

KingAuthur #3 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:23

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2184 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    11-12-2012
and its not Russian either

death_stryker #4 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:26

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4575 battles
  • 617
  • [LUCID] LUCID
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

I interpret it as being sort of a better TVP VTU (with the 105mm, of course). It trades gun handling for DPM and power-to-weight ratio, with the rest of the stats being pretty average, so I'd say it's smack in the middle. The armor really doesn't matter; it even gains a trolly autobounce plate when it uses some (about 4 degrees) of its great gun depression. 

 

When compared to the Mutz, which is reasonably average, it looks quite good: https://tanks.gg/compare/lansen-c?t=pz-58-mutz



24_inch_pythons #5 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:27

    Major

  • Players
  • 27866 battles
  • 5,363
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostDixonCider563, on Mar 22 2019 - 19:14, said:

* LANSEN C *    I was looking at the tank stats compared to other mediums at tier 8 and to me i do not see the point in buying it. To me the only good thing about it is the tank skin. It has horrible armor, its penetration is weak, its shell velocity is weak and its turret is slow. Also what confuses me is why is wargaming releasing a swedish prem medium tank that does not even fit in line with the new tech tree swedish mediums that will be coming???? It doesn't even have the siege mode like the tech tree line will have. To me it just seems like a pure evil money grab for a weak tier 8 medium with an awesome tank skin. If i do buy it, it will only be for the skin LOL :trollface:

 

 this is what is wrong with world of tanks...

Seriously, I'm not even joking, not even a little. People who can't make 208mm of pen with 930 m/s shell velocity work on a Tier VIII medium. People who think that's "bad".



DixonCider563 #6 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39886 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View Post24_inch_pythons, on Mar 23 2019 - 01:27, said:

 

 this is what is wrong with world of tanks...

Seriously, I'm not even joking, not even a little. People who can't make 208mm of pen with 930 m/s shell velocity work on a Tier VIII medium. People who think that's "bad".

 

i never said that tank is garbage or that its bad, im just saying that compared to other tier 8 prems its not nothing that jumps out as good, it seems like it will only be a OK tank compared to other prems. Sure you can make it work. its just weak compared to others thats all

Edited by DixonCider563, Mar 23 2019 - 02:35.


SnakePliskan #7 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:35

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    07-09-2016

View PostDixonCider563, on Mar 23 2019 - 02:30, said:

 

i never said that tank is garbage or that its bad, im just saying that compared to other tier 8 prems its not nothing that jumps out as good, it seems like it will only be a OK tank compared to other prems. Sure you can make it work.

 

 IMO I dont see a significant difference or upgrade over what I have to buy it. Sure you can "make" it work but that can be said of many tanks. Nothing about it says I need another tin can armor medium. I have those.

Edited by SnakePliskan, Mar 23 2019 - 02:35.


KaiserWilhelmShatner #8 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 16584 battles
  • 4,556
  • [F_O_G] F_O_G
  • Member since:
    03-03-2012
It's basically a harder hitting CDC.

DixonCider563 #9 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 02:53

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 39886 battles
  • 715
  • Member since:
    08-29-2012

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 23 2019 - 01:35, said:

 

 IMO I dont see a significant difference or upgrade over what I have to buy it. Sure you can "make" it work but that can be said of many tanks. Nothing about it says I need another tin can armor medium. I have those.

  Yeah i have lots of prem tanks, to me this one just doesnt jump out and say get me get me, except the tank skin, Now ONLY if the Lansen C would have been just like the new incoming tech tree tanks then maybe it would be more suitable, Wargaming announces that they are adding new mediums to swedish line that will have siege mode, but then turn around and release a prem tier 8 swedish tank that doesnt. Id rather have a prem medium that has siege mode so that it fits the play style of the tanks that are coming to that line so that way we could grind crew and credits while getting used to running siege mode on mediums before they arrive.  

 

 

View PostKaiserWilhelmShatner, on Mar 23 2019 - 01:40, said:

It's basically a harder hitting CDC.

Yep that sounds about right, except the CDC has better shell velocity and just a pinch more penetration, but the lansen C does hit harder for more damage  



BabA_YA6A #10 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:05

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26305 battles
  • 1,538
  • [M0B] M0B
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostcKy_, on Mar 23 2019 - 09:20, said:

You probably aren't good enough to make a perfectly balanced vehicle like the Lansen work, so I would advise you to not spend your money on it.

 

I guess you needed to reroll to feel more confident to belittle people and their opinion/s.

I would like to see your stats on previous account/s!

 

PS. Looking at the Lansen's stats you don't need to be Albert Einstein to figure out that the vehicle is not very special. 



SnakePliskan #11 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    07-09-2016

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Mar 23 2019 - 03:05, said:

 

I guess you needed to re roll to belittle people. 

I would like to see your stats on previous account/s!

 

PS. Looking at the Lansen's stats you don't need to be Albert Einstein to figure out that the vehicle is not very special. 

 

Another BlahBlah Yoda post about someones stats. You do know BlahBlah no one cares what you think of their stats or what you would like. Your entire world is attempting to rake over someone based on your snooping into their game. It is safe to assume your don't have any other way to debate the points being made on the forums except "Dude youre a 48%er an know notin" said in a Forrest Gump accent.

cKy_ #12 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:21

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 2361 battles
  • 1,866
  • [KITTI] KITTI
  • Member since:
    09-29-2018

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Mar 23 2019 - 14:05, said:

 

I guess you needed to reroll to feel more confident to belittle people and their opinion/s.

I would like to see your stats on previous account/s!

 

PS. Looking at the Lansen's stats you don't need to be Albert Einstein to figure out that the vehicle is not very special. 

 

​Oh no, not Lisa's stats!



BabA_YA6A #13 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:21

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26305 battles
  • 1,538
  • [M0B] M0B
  • Member since:
    08-09-2013

View PostSnakePliskan, on Mar 23 2019 - 10:14, said:

 

Another BlahBlah Yoda post about someones stats. You do know BlahBlah no one cares what you think of their stats or what you would like. Your entire world is attempting to rake over someone based on your snooping into their game. It is safe to assume your don't have any other way to debate the points being made on the forums except "Dude youre a 48%er an know notin" said in a Forrest Gump accent.

 

27 battles and 911 posts on the forum.

Instead of trolling on the forum actually play the game. Might be beneficial for you reroll attremp.

Which by the way is mediocre at best!



SnakePliskan #14 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:25

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27 battles
  • 912
  • Member since:
    07-09-2016

View PostBabA_YA6A, on Mar 23 2019 - 03:21, said:

 

27 battles and 911 posts on the forum.

Instead of trolling on the forum actually play the game. Might be beneficial for you reroll attremp.

Which by the way is mediocre at best!

 

Just shows most of your memory is committed to blank space.  Enjoy your simple world without clutter such as a memory.

minneerminneer #15 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 03:37

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 33744 battles
  • 832
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    04-04-2014
Its played like a tier 10 leopard a tank that is one of the hardest tanks in the game to play well with.

stalkervision #16 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 04:07

    Major

  • Players
  • 64540 battles
  • 9,218
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View Postdeath_stryker, on Mar 22 2019 - 20:26, said:

I interpret it as being sort of a better TVP VTU (with the 105mm, of course). It trades gun handling for DPM and power-to-weight ratio, with the rest of the stats being pretty average, so I'd say it's smack in the middle. The armor really doesn't matter; it even gains a trolly autobounce plate when it uses some (about 4 degrees) of its great gun depression. 

 

When compared to the Mutz, which is reasonably average, it looks quite good: https://tanks.gg/compare/lansen-c?t=pz-58-mutz

 

Mutz has better armor and gun handling IMO.

thandiflight #17 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 04:29

    Major

  • Players
  • 83400 battles
  • 4,231
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-10-2011

View PostcKy_, on Mar 23 2019 - 02:21, said:

 

​Oh no, not Lisa's stats!

 

Dunning-Kruger much?

Zuikakoo #18 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 04:47

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 20284 battles
  • 513
  • Member since:
    02-11-2016
I see no reason to buy it.   Its not even as good as the Primo Victoria.   There's not much use for 10 degrees of gun depression if you've got a soft turret.   As for the worth it or not, I don't know what your money situation is, but I'd probably buy it for about 8000 gold, for cash, not a penny over 29.99

Nonamanadus #19 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 15:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 30769 battles
  • 3,944
  • [HBG] HBG
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013

One should not even compare it to the garbage TVP VTU, after 11 battles I have found it to be a good performer (not at all frustrating like the TVP is). Avoid corridor maps routes unless you can use your speed to get into an advantageous spot and use that speed to pull back when need be. I would class it as a "team player", you won't be bullying much unless  you outclass them big time because the armor is not there.  So far I haven't  found the need to use gold shots, just need to be careful on aiming. 

 

If you are good at watching the map and love exploiting openings this is a good tank to use, you try to go head to head it will melt rapidly. 



TLWiz #20 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 17:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 21395 battles
  • 9,673
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014

View PostNonamanadus, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:47, said:

One should not even compare it to the garbage TVP VTU

 

Is any tier 8 MT as bad as the VTU?  Personally I did not feel tempted to buy the Lansen. At least the Primo Victoria has good music!


Edited by TLWiz, Mar 23 2019 - 17:04.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users