Blueprint Rewards: Awarded for merit? Or completely random?

blueprints reward for merit

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

StrachwitzPzGraf #41 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 22:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41277 battles

Makers -- couple things 

1. Yup you son is lucky, but it also looks like he's got many fewer tanks researched -- improving the odds of a "useful" Blueprint fragment 

2. I'd like to get in on the lottery consortium with you  :rolleyes:

CheapWine #42 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 01:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15939 battles
Since there is obvious confusion on this issue with their customers you would think WG would clarify it.  Na, that would take too much effort.

SporkBoy #43 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 04:16

Major

• Players
  • 46910 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
There is no confusion there are only a crowd with low reading comprehension skills (presuming they actually read WG explanation).

awildseaking #44 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 05:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13337 battles
  • [NEET] NEET
test

Edited by awildseaking, Mar 27 2019 - 05:10.

Stevenwt #45 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 06:48

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6546 battles

I just find the whole thing meh inspiring

Granted I got a garage slot out of it. but still meh.

I wonder if anyone else got something nice from the boxes

SwollenOstrich #46 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 07:01

Captain

• Players
  • 24858 battles

It's not random. 

I started with a standard account and got one drop in 235 games. 

Then I paid for premium and got 2 drops in 132 games.

Then I bought a premium tank and got 5 drops in 65 games.  

Then I bought $100 of gold and got 8 drops in 30 games.

Then I sent forum mod KRzy some $$ and now I am getting 3 drops every 2nd game.  :trollface:

the_dude_76 #47 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 15:30

Major

• Players
  • 33768 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 23 2019 - 11:33, said:

One last time for the kids who don't read good.

Awards of Merit are RANDOM

Really?? Because this is what I read- "The more effective you are in battle, the more likely you are to get a Reward for Merit" Sure doesn't sound "random" to me. Sounds like the more effective you are the more you get...Since that's exactly what it says...

Here's where I read my quote- "https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-4-1-blueprints/ /

Where did you read yours?? Surely not from some random uninformed nobody on the forums who's just guessing like the rest of us??

the_Deadly_Bulb #48 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 17:08

Major

• Players
  • 27000 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 27 2019 - 06:30, said:

Really?? Because this is what I read- "The more effective you are in battle, the more likely you are to get a Reward for Merit" Sure doesn't sound "random" to me. Sounds like the more effective you are the more you get...Since that's exactly what it says...

Here's where I read my quote- "https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/1-4-1-blueprints/ /

Where did you read yours?? Surely not from some random uninformed nobody on the forums who's just guessing like the rest of us??

Believe whatever you like, the fact is myself and others have received AoM for battles where we ended up with zero damage, in last place.

Does that sound like effective to you? 

The very first line after ":General Overview" in the article you linked is "Blueprints are special items (exclusive to Rewards for Merit) that drop with a certain probability when playing Tier V-X vehicles. ", I've highlighted the part you seem to want to ignore.

The phrase "drop with a certain probability" is the important part. 

It goes on to say "The more effective you are in battle, the more likely you are to get a Reward for Merit". 

How you read into this that you must be effective to get an AoM is beyond me as its clear in stating that the more effective you are in battle the more likely you are to get an AoM.

What this would seem to mean is that being effective makes it more likely to earn an AoM but it does NOT say you MUST be effective to earn one.

In other words being more effective increases your odds of getting an AoM but is not a guarantee or the only way to acquire an AoM, they are set to drop with a certain probability.

A certain probability would seem to be another way of saying random.

If being "effective in battle" was the criteria for an AoM then why isn't everyone getting one everytime they finish on top, because they aren't.

They drop randomly.

spud_tuber #49 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 17:32

Major

• Players
  • 57769 battles

Well, has anyone kept good enough records to say if good performances actually do increase the odds of getting an "award for merit"? I've not kept records myself.

Edit:  

To answer the OP's question, according to the info supplied by WG, it isn't completely random, as better performances increase the odds in your favor.  However, not completely random doesn't mean that random isn't a major part of it.  In practice, the random factor may well dominate the "merit" factor, if the increase in the odds is small enough relative to the base odds.

favrepeoria #50 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 17:43

Captain

• Players
  • 31797 battles
  • [RATM] RATM

View Postspud_tuber, on Mar 27 2019 - 10:32, said:

Well, has anyone kept good enough records to say if good performances actually do increase the odds of getting an "award for merit"? I've not kept records myself.

Edit:  

To answer the OP's question, according to the info supplied by WG, it isn't completely random, as better performances increase the odds in your favor.  However, not completely random doesn't mean that random isn't a major part of it.  In practice, the random factor may well dominate the "merit" factor, if the increase in the odds is small enough relative to the base odds.

I haven’t kept records but the pace I have observed seems to be similar to what others are seeing. I get a drop about every 8-10 games on average. Sometimes they come quickly and sometimes they are further apart. I have had Ace games with the lock almost broken and I did not get a drop. That is how I have decided that it is just random and match play has little impact. 

the_dude_76 #51 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 33768 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 27 2019 - 10:08, said:

Believe whatever you like, the fact is myself and others have received AoM for battles where we ended up with zero damage, in last place.

Does that sound like effective to you? 

Oh I most certainly believe that it's random!! But that's got zero to do with what you said. I asked for the quote of the thing that you're saying "kids can't read"...

So where is it?? I want to read it for myself. Where does it say, I'll quote you this time, "awards of merit are random"??

DrWho_ #52 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 22:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 22887 battles

It seems pretty much random to me

I got one yesterday after a game we lost and I did 0 damage in my LeafBlower. Enemy car just drove though and killed me before I had a chance to fire at anyone

At the end of last night my lock was cracked and so far today I've played 10 games with an average of 2150 WN8 and .....nothing. I'm sure there's some kind of "counter" that decides when the rewards drop but initially I was under the impression that these were supposed to drop after you had a series of good games, wins or losses, to award players for playing well and feeling they'd gotten something out of it despite losing games but right now it feels more random than anything else

StrachwitzPzGraf #53 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 22:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41277 battles

No need to rage about how random they may be... let's face it none of us knows the formula being used to determine the probability of a drop after each game.

What seems to be true is that as you play games the base probability is slightly increased (how much or if that amount of increase is higher when you are "more effective" we don't know).  That slight increase in the base accumulates and eventually "cracks" the lock.  All that signals is some higher chance of a reward drop... at which point things are reset to the original base amount.

So, my experience.  I had drops at game 50 and 51 -- so there's a chance every game regardless of outcome, regardless of any "accumulated" effectiveness... just RNG hitting the right number.

I have also had the lock "crack" at about 4 games several times -- but then I have played as many as 6 additional games before the drop.  Again, RNG in those games not hitting the sweet spot.

My conclusion -- while effectiveness may play a part in the amount of increased probability (note I say may, since we have no way of knowing) -- it is all RNG in the end.  And by that measure the rewards are random.

Edited by StrachwitzPzGraf, Mar 27 2019 - 22:10.

StrachwitzPzGraf #54 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 22:38

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41277 battles

View PostStevenwt, on Mar 27 2019 - 00:48, said:

I just find the whole thing meh inspiring

Granted I got a garage slot out of it. but still meh.

I wonder if anyone else got something nice from the boxes

Luckily I didn't get a garage slot -- already have something like 52 empty slots -- prior garage rewards, those "free" tier 2-3 tanks/garage slots, and me (early on) foolishly buying a few when they were on sale -- never knew I'd end up with a storage facility.  :amazed:

DrWho_ #55 Posted Mar 27 2019 - 22:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 22887 battles

Further info, just got 2 rewards in a row here. First game was another in a row of 12 games where I did reasonably well and then I get one in the following game where I pretty much did nothing at all

Yeah it feels very random. I don't complain about getting free stuff mind you I just wish I'd get them for actually earning them instead of "just playing" as it seems right now

the_Deadly_Bulb #56 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 00:54

Major

• Players
  • 27000 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 27 2019 - 12:52, said:

Oh I most certainly believe that it's random!! But that's got zero to do with what you said. I asked for the quote of the thing that you're saying "kids can't read"...

So where is it?? I want to read it for myself. Where does it say, I'll quote you this time, "awards of merit are random"??

I explained it clear enough.

You have comprehension and vocabulary issues I can't help you with.

Maybe explain what you think "certain probability" means.

Never mind, its pointless.

Monarchco #57 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 01:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13217 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 27 2019 - 09:08, said:

"Blueprints are special items (exclusive to Rewards for Merit) that drop with a certain probability when playing Tier V-X vehicles. "

Blueprints =/= The actual rewards.

The blueprints drop with a specific probability depending on what tank you were playing(logically higher tier = higher chance of higher tier blueprints, and chance for blueprints in general). Not the boxes.

These are 2 different things.

Boxes are not blueprints. Blueprints are not boxes. Boxes have blueprints in them(sometimes). That's the only correlation between the OP question and the quotation you provided.

2 entirely different things bud.

Edited by Monarchco, Mar 28 2019 - 01:53.

StrachwitzPzGraf #58 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 02:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41277 battles

View PostMonarchco, on Mar 27 2019 - 19:52, said:

Blueprints =/= The actual rewards.

The blueprints drop with a specific probability depending on what tank you were playing(logically higher tier = higher chance of higher tier blueprints, and chance for blueprints in general). Not the boxes.

These are 2 different things.

Boxes are not blueprints. Blueprints are not boxes. Boxes have blueprints in them(sometimes). That's the only correlation between the OP question and the quotation you provided.

2 entirely different things bud.

I think they have blueprints every time... sometimes even 2 - has anyone gotten a Box that didn't contain a blueprint Fragment? (I am including the Universal / National Fragments as being blueprint fragments).

Also, I have not seen any evidence that playing higher tier yields higher probability of boxes-- is there anyone playing like all tier 5-6? If so, what's been your experience?   Anyone doing nothing but tier 10s?  Ditto -- your experience...

Monarchco #59 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 02:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13217 battles
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0

View PostStrachwitzPzGraf, on Mar 27 2019 - 18:16, said:

I think they have blueprints every time... sometimes even 2 - has anyone gotten a Box that didn't contain a blueprint Fragment? (I am including the Universal / National Fragments as being blueprint fragments).

Also, I have not seen any evidence that playing higher tier yields higher probability of boxes-- is there anyone playing like all tier 5-6? If so, what's been your experience?   Anyone doing nothing but tier 10s?  Ditto -- your experience...

I clearly didn't say that tier impacted boxes.

I clearly said that tier impacts the blueprints.

AGAIN, these are 2 entirely different things.

Yes. I have gotten boxes without blueprints. I have seen boxes with for example, 4 consumables, 4 directives, and 25,000 credits, without a blueprint.

Edited by Monarchco, Mar 28 2019 - 02:21.

StrachwitzPzGraf #60 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 04:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 41277 battles

View PostMonarchco, on Mar 27 2019 - 20:20, said:

I clearly didn't say that tier impacted boxes.

I clearly said that tier impacts the blueprints.

AGAIN, these are 2 entirely different things.

Yes. I have gotten boxes without blueprints. I have seen boxes with for example, 4 consumables, 4 directives, and 25,000 credits, without a blueprint.

Interesting... not seen that (missing blueprints) -- and the tier thing... how did you deduce that?  I have all but 70 tanks researched and a number of those at low tier and of no interest... I'm not sure how you'd know that tier affects the BP fragment received.... yes, you have to play higher than Tier V to get ANY blueprint, but not that, say, playing tier 8 made it more likely to receive a BP than playing tiers lower than that.

Also tagged with blueprints, reward for merit

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users