• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Guido1212 #1 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:21

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 79464 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

All,

I'll be streaming on Twitch here Monday 25 March from Approx 0900-1200 CST. 

I'll be featuring the Lansen C, the new tier 8 Swedish premium medium. 

I have 1 Lansen C and 10 Rental codes to giveaway on stream as well as one Odin's Wolves skin.  We'll do some quick contests, do some platoon competitions etc to dish them out.  So you can watch, or participate in the platoon to win some of them.

Come out and watch Monday kick me in the face and get some "Lansens Learned."

We'll kick this off right now, I'll drop a rental code on someone (On the morning of 25 March) who teaches me something below in the comments that I did not know about WoT.  A tip, a trick, a tactic, a detail, whatever, that might help me or someone reading this thread enjoy WoT.

Cheers,

Guido

BarronVonBeck #2 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 13832 battles
The mini-map is your friend!  It really is!!!

MagillaGuerilla #3 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 20:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 25565 battles
Mobility is better than premium ammo and costs less. Funny how that works.

Edited by MagillaGuerilla, Mar 23 2019 - 21:05.

Raized275 #4 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13374 battles
  • [RDDTV] RDDTV
A few tips and tricks:

1. An often overlooked mod is the mod that stops you from firing on a dead tank. It’s incredibly useful because if you are in a brawl with multiple tanks on each side and your teammate kills an enemy a split second before you fire or arty kills the tank you are clicking on the mod will stop you from firing. Saving you what could be a costly reload for no damage. It’s a mod often overlooked on most of the most popular modpacks.

2. There is almost never a good reason to not run optics or binos over vents or other equipment. Even if you are maxed out at 445 view range the increased 10% will just negate camo on enemy tanks. This is super helpful against spotting scouts and tanks with high view ranges.

3. If you are running food instead of a fire extinguisher and get your fuel tanks damaged, then repair them. Your chance of getting lit on fire jumps tremendously and with out a fire extinguisher it will be costly. Also, don’t move if lit on fire...it gets worse the more you move. Try to stay still.

4. Water seems to have weird effects on rounds. If you are being attacked and can submerge your tank, people tend to miss a lot more at point blank range and it seems to eat the velocity, as it would in real life. I’ve brawled someone while fully submerging when reloading than coming back up to shoot.

5. If training a new crew, like a BIA 0 crew, train the commander in 6th sense first and put in more XPd crew members in all the other slots while turning on Advanced crew training. All the Tank XP will go to the Commander. You can also pop Tank XP boosters and the Commander will get that bonus also. Commander will train 6th sense in under half the battles. I’ve done it easily in under 20 with enough boosters in a Tier 6. After that, you can swap back in the other BIA crew members and wam....6th sense with the least amount of pain.

6. You can rebind the ammo and consumeable keys to extra thumb buttons on your mouse. Instead of having to take your middle finger off the W key to switch to gold you can just bind gold ammo to a mouse button and regular ammo to another mouse button. Allowing you to drive and switch ammo or use consumeable without having to contort what is most people’s weak hand. A MMO mouse with 10 buttons is phenomonal for this....Binding to the most comfortable numbers just makes your motions more efficient.

YANKEE137 #5 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 12683 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I don't know but I've been told

Special rounds are made of Gold.

Edited by YANKEE137, Mar 23 2019 - 21:47.

Guido1212 #6 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 15:19

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 79464 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Bumping this so anyone that want's to try for a Lansen code can have a chance.

Guido

Arturius666 #7 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 7475 battles
If you know it's important to beat the enemy to a certain key map spot early on, don't stop for a minute and take low payoff pot shots at enemy scouts/wheelies. You'll arrive at the important spot just in time to take one in the face from all the enemy tanks that got there first because they didn't stop to take pot shots on your scouts/wheelies.

Tao_Te_Tomato #8 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 25352 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostGuido1212, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:21, said:

Come out and watch Monday kick me in the face and get some "Lansens Learned."

Seriously?  You went there?  :facepalm:

Actually....:teethhappy:

Guido1212 #9 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 13:03

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 79464 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Bumping this one more time, as of now there's only a few contestants so your chance to win a code is pretty high.

Guido1212 #10 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 14:53

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 79464 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostRaized275, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:42, said:

A few tips and tricks:

1. An often overlooked mod is the mod that stops you from firing on a dead tank. It’s incredibly useful because if you are in a brawl with multiple tanks on each side and your teammate kills an enemy a split second before you fire or arty kills the tank you are clicking on the mod will stop you from firing. Saving you what could be a costly reload for no damage. It’s a mod often overlooked on most of the most popular modpacks.

2. There is almost never a good reason to not run optics or binos over vents or other equipment. Even if you are maxed out at 445 view range the increased 10% will just negate camo on enemy tanks. This is super helpful against spotting scouts and tanks with high view ranges.

3. If you are running food instead of a fire extinguisher and get your fuel tanks damaged, then repair them. Your chance of getting lit on fire jumps tremendously and with out a fire extinguisher it will be costly. Also, don’t move if lit on fire...it gets worse the more you move. Try to stay still.

4. Water seems to have weird effects on rounds. If you are being attacked and can submerge your tank, people tend to miss a lot more at point blank range and it seems to eat the velocity, as it would in real life. I’ve brawled someone while fully submerging when reloading than coming back up to shoot.

5. If training a new crew, like a BIA 0 crew, train the commander in 6th sense first and put in more XPd crew members in all the other slots while turning on Advanced crew training. All the Tank XP will go to the Commander. You can also pop Tank XP boosters and the Commander will get that bonus also. Commander will train 6th sense in under half the battles. I’ve done it easily in under 20 with enough boosters in a Tier 6. After that, you can swap back in the other BIA crew members and wam....6th sense with the least amount of pain.

6. You can rebind the ammo and consumeable keys to extra thumb buttons on your mouse. Instead of having to take your middle finger off the W key to switch to gold you can just bind gold ammo to a mouse button and regular ammo to another mouse button. Allowing you to drive and switch ammo or use consumeable without having to contort what is most people’s weak hand. A MMO mouse with 10 buttons is phenomonal for this....Binding to the most comfortable numbers just makes your motions more efficient.

Congrats to Raized275, you won the Lansen code.  I sent you a PM in forum and I'll send a IM in game.

While I knew about the elements of getting a Commander to sixth sense as fast as possible you put it all together.  Just a couple things to add.  I think you meant "Accelerate" crew training.  Also, this works because "extra" experience always goes to the guy who is lowest exp in the crew.  Make the commander the lowest and he always gets the extra bits. 

Good one!

Guido

Nonamanadus #11 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 15:52

Major

• Players
  • 30769 battles
  • [HBG] HBG
I have to work....dont need thd rental but would have been nice to watch.

SlappedbyRommel #12 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 16:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8136 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
Did you know when you play arty and go into overhead mode with the shift key then press the G key you have horizontal aiming reticle into the target you are aiming at.....very nasty.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users