"Special Round" update? and a little vent.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

MDizN #1 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11443 battles

I have not seen any updates on the "Special Round" changes that were announce to help (balance) the game.. All I know is that in both Frontline and Random battles being spammed by what I still call GOLD rounds (because they still show up on my UI in a gold color) has become a serious problem. What use is it to grind and grind for a tank with better armor, only to have every tank I may meet tap the 2 key and now all that grinding is for naught.

The other extremely frustrating thing is, I just came from playing a few tier 2 and 3 games, in the WoT give away tanks LTP, L-60, MKA, MTLS only to have half the people shooting at me using nothing but "Special Rounds" My thoughts are that WoT is JUMPING for joy knowing that they are training the new players that spending the extra coin on the 2 key ammo, which is easy to replenish from the premium shop is a highly acceptable practice.. Heck, no need to learn weak spots, angling armor, flanking or any other method of playing the game.. Want to win quick, just tap that 2 key.

3bagsfull #2 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles
Nobody needs to spend real coin to shoot premium ammo.    All it takes is credits and those are in vast abundance in this game.

Markhamwaxers #3 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:13

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 20919 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
premium ammo is not a problem in this game... getting killed by HE rounds is

the_Deadly_Bulb #4 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 27056 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostMDizN, on Mar 23 2019 - 12:09, said:

I have not seen any updates on the "Special Round" changes that were announce to help (balance) the game.. All I know is that in both Frontline and Random battles being spammed by what I still call GOLD rounds (because they still show up on my UI in a gold color) has become a serious problem. What use is it to grind and grind for a tank with better armor, only to have every tank I may meet tap the 2 key and now all that grinding is for naught.

The other extremely frustrating thing is, I just came from playing a few tier 2 and 3 games, in the WoT give away tanks LTP, L-60, MKA, MTLS only to have half the people shooting at me using nothing but "Special Rounds" My thoughts are that WoT is JUMPING for joy knowing that they are training the new players that spending the extra coin on the 2 key ammo, which is easy to replenish from the premium shop is a highly acceptable practice.. Heck, no need to learn weak spots, angling armor, flanking or any other method of playing the game.. Want to win quick, just tap that 2 key.

If you really believe this why not give it a try? :sceptic:

the_Deadly_Bulb #5 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 27056 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 23 2019 - 12:12, said:

Nobody needs to spend real coin to shoot premium ammo.    All it takes is credits and those are in vast abundance in this game.

Exactly.

Boghie #6 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 8410 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Has anyone else noticed that the use of Premium Rounds locks Super Unicums in place? 

Yup.  With all the HAX Mods they have to be using one that tells them that the enemy is using Premium Rounds.  The very thought of that strikes fear in their stat padding hearts.  Oftentimes you can find them in the middle of a field, just sitting there.  They simply cannot move.  They lose situational awareness.  Immediate death.  No more problem!!!

Edited by Boghie, Mar 23 2019 - 21:19.

2MOEJOE #7 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3945 battles
Oh lord.:facepalm:

Son__Of__Anarchy #8 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:23

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostBoghie, on Mar 23 2019 - 21:18, said:

Has anyone else noticed that the use of Premium Rounds locks Super Unicums in place? 

Yup.  With all the HAX Mods they have to be using one that tells them that the enemy is using Premium Rounds.  The very thought of that strikes fear in their stat padding hearts.  Oftentimes you can find them in the middle of a field, just sitting there.  They simply cannot move.  They lose situational awareness.  Immediate death.  No more problem!!!

no, but i noticed that ONLY them (super or not) crying rivers for premium ammo being nerfed..

NOONE else but THEM crying..

Christojojo #9 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:23

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 34591 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:12, said:

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:14, said:

Exactly.

I think he is lamenting the lack of strategy and tactics in this game. Using smart decisions instead of every tank using the one ammo. WHy bother flanking if you can pen the front. Such a dull way to play but many do.

3bagsfull #10 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles
Only thing real Super Unicums are concerned with is the guy dumping on them they are powerless to counter (i.e. damage and destroy) until the game is essentially over.    LT's, MT's, HT's, TD's and wheelies, they got counters for all those.     

Mankoi #11 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:24

Captain

• Players
  • 48049 battles
  • [ELLAS] ELLAS

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:12, said:

In order to get the plenty amount of credits needed to tap the 2 key playing this game you need prem tanks and prem time which are only obtainable by real money

cKy_ #12 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 4153 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostBoghie, on Mar 24 2019 - 08:18, said:

You do realise that being able to tell what ammo type the enemy is firing is an in-game feature, not a "HAX Mod", right?

YANKEE137 #13 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 13853 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

I don't know but I've been told

Premium rounds are made of Gold.

Edited by YANKEE137, Mar 23 2019 - 21:44.

the_Deadly_Bulb #14 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:41

Major

• Players
  • 27056 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostChristojojo, on Mar 23 2019 - 12:23, said:

I think he is lamenting the lack of strategy and tactics in this game. Using smart decisions instead of every tank using the one ammo. WHy bother flanking if you can pen the front. Such a dull way to play but many do.

If it pens you then they made the right decision.

If they used prammo and didn't need to they expended more credits than required.

If they used prammo and it was required to pen then they made the right choice.

Corridor maps and OPFOR setting up properly both counter flanking.

RNG and dispersion counter aiming. Not every tank is a touch guns brawler.

Nothing counters prammo.

It is designed to not be economically sustainable, but there is nothing wrong with it as is, and like anything, effective when used as directed.

3bagsfull #15 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 21:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostChristojojo, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:23, said:

Lack of strategy and tactics has more to do with the maps than the ammo - at least to the point where the wheat is separated from the chaff.    Hard to flank on a map that is a corridor map, hard to play hull down support when 3 arty can just dump on you because you are the lighter armored target and easier to pen, etc, etc.

TrevorsT112 #16 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9104 battles

View PostMDizN, on Mar 23 2019 - 21:09, said:

I don't believe in the magic of the 2 key anymore, and I think the best advice has already been given. If you really believe in the 2 key, then simply follow your own advice and just do it!

JakeTheMystic #17 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:33

Major

• Players
  • 24490 battles
  • [CUBE] CUBE

If your worried about people wasting credits spamming gold in Frontlines, then you are focusing on the enemy play too much. 

I spammed APRC from my Vk100 because the shell velocity was too slow to hit movie targets at a distance anyway. Made my way all the way through and got the Mauschen and even the T54 Lwt. Lost around 300k credits the entire season because I didn't play any premiums and mostly fired premium. 

The premium ammo changes arent coming, they would passive buff heavies to the point where we would be thrown into a heavy camp-fest meta. It sounds good on paper but the whole idea of lowering damage and raising the post of ammo is just idiotic. Just limit the amount of rounds that can be carried to a specific percentage; You can only carry 10% gold in your loadout, if your ammo capacity is 50, you can only carry 5 rounds of premium. 

3bagsfull #18 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostMankoi, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:24, said:

In order to get the plenty amount of credits needed to tap the 2 key playing this game you need prem tanks and prem time which are only obtainable by real money

Play Frontlines.   You'll have all the Credits you can choke on by the end of the year even if you are a FTP player.

Son__Of__Anarchy #19 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 29034 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 23 2019 - 22:33, said:

Just limit the amount of rounds that can be carried to a specific percentage; You can only carry 10% gold in your loadout, if your ammo capacity is 50, you can only carry 5 rounds of premium. 

that could work.. though i would bet that the "blue" players wouldnt agree with that either.. can you imagine a "unicum" with only 5 gold rounds in his 907? 

LOL i am thinking about it and crying laughing..

3bagsfull #20 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles
Yeah, they'd just stop play the 907 like they do any other under-performing tank and go about their business.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users