"Special Round" update? and a little vent.

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Son__Of__Anarchy #21 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 25716 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

the problem is NOT the gold rounds as a thing..

the problem is TOO many players (the usual suspects with 55%+ WR) ABUSING the use of it..

thats why is only them crying for the nerf.. cause they will see their precious stats dropping dramatically when that happen..

and they know it, and we know it..

EVERYONE knows it..

Christojojo #22 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 00:29

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 34202 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:41, said:

If it pens you then they made the right decision.

If they used prammo and didn't need to they expended more credits than required.

If they used prammo and it was required to pen then they made the right choice.

Corridor maps and OPFOR setting up properly both counter flanking.

RNG and dispersion counter aiming. Not every tank is a touch guns brawler.

Nothing counters prammo.

It is designed to not be economically sustainable, but there is nothing wrong with it as is, and like anything, effective when used as directed.

it is economicaly sustainable.

the rest of what you said is meh (mostly justification without looking at what the op is trying to state)

Basically you want premium ammo to be great and glorious. The op stated, It isn't it made the game less dimensional. What ever.

3bagsfull #23 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 00:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Mar 23 2019 - 22:48, said:

the problem is NOT the gold rounds as a thing..

the problem is TOO many players (the usual suspects with 55%+ WR) ABUSING the use of it..

thats why is only them crying for the nerf.. cause they will see their precious stats dropping dramatically when that happen..

and they know it, and we know it..

EVERYONE knows it..

How can you abuse what the game lets you do?    Thats like saying only 1.25% of the people in the game should be playing the 430U because they are abusing it's OP-ness......     If they change it, fine, otherwise people are going to do whatever they feel they need to in order to succeed - even if that isn't required (shooting APCR at a Scorpion G).   

Son__Of__Anarchy #24 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 00:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 25716 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 24 2019 - 00:35, said:

How can you abuse what the game lets you do?

that is WG's major mistake.. there SHOULD be a limit (as Jake suggested) from the VERY begin for the amount of gold ammo someone can carry..

the players just taking advantage of it (abuse)..

i can spam gold ammo too all day long.. credits is not a problem, i can make loads..

the thing is, i am NOT an easy moder..

Blazzy #25 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 02:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32415 battles

View PostMarkhamwaxers, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:13, said:

premium ammo is not a problem in this game... getting killed by HE rounds is

Both are, although, I'd be far happier if they removed all the derps.

And as somebody else mentioned, credits have become a joke  I think I made something like 25mil during the last week of FL.  Not complaining about that at all, but that just makes gold ammo a joke to purhcase.

the_Deadly_Bulb #26 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 02:50

Major

• Players
  • 25331 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostChristojojo, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:29, said:

it is economicaly sustainable.

the rest of what you said is meh (mostly justification without looking at what the op is trying to state)

Basically you want premium ammo to be great and glorious. The op stated, It isn't it made the game less dimensional. What ever.

To shoot all prammo all the time is sustainable?

The rest of what I posted is exactly the truth.

The fact you consider truth "meh" says more about you than you'd probably like.

There is no justification to the crying about being penned by prammo in an ubber armoured tank.

Only delicious salty tears.

You're a funny guy.

Christojojo #27 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:34

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 34202 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 23 2019 - 20:50, said:

To shoot all pramammo all the time is sustainable? < If it wasn't sustainable other players would brag about shooting it all the time. I dare you to prove your claim. That would at least back your statement up with experimentation. Do 50 battles in a row tracks your credits. Just start a new post called "I told you so Jojo." Put your credits where your mouth is.

The rest of what I posted is exactly the truth. < opinion is not truth it's opinion

The fact you consider truth "meh" says more about you than you'd probably like. < a meh response for a meh response, inaccurate but nicely done

There is no justification to the crying about being penned by prammo in an ubber armoured tank. < Prammo makes the game shortsighted and less fun. Keep justifying it. I judged you already.

Only delicious salty tears. < I have dry eyes so I need artificial tears. I understand eating/drinking them gives you the trots.

You're a funny guy. < Truth

the_Deadly_Bulb #28 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:55

Major

• Players
  • 25331 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostChristojojo, on Mar 24 2019 - 09:34, said:

If it wasn't sustainable other players would brag about shooting it all the time. I dare you to prove your claim. That would at least back your statement up with experimentation. Do 50 battles in a row tracks your credits. Just start a new post called "I told you so Jojo." Put your credits where your mouth is.

Its well enough known as fact that shooting prammo exclusively is not sustainable.

You want to prove it is, fine prove it.

It isn't and I said as much.

You want to argue that a player can shoot all prammo all the time and continue to earn credits, you go ahead.

Good luck with that.

Maybe take something for your head, its getting dried out too it seems.

AppleTank8 #29 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19116 battles

What I'm annoyed about is Prammo makes a gun that sacrifices pen for DPM or Alpha or whatever ... not have to deal with the downsides. Another tank that sacrifices Alpha or DPM for Pen ... can't do anything about it.

Biggest offender is the T-54 and its two top guns. Almost everyone uses the gun with less pen because both guns get an ammo option that completely negates the main downside of that gun (and the tank in general) and keeps is monstrous DPM. The high pen gun doesn't get a Prammo that shaves off an entire second from its reload. What's the point of using high pen guns if you can use a theoretically weaker gun but use Prammo to negate the weakness?

RC_1140 #30 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:37

Major

• Players
  • 62315 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 24 2019 - 09:55, said:

Its well enough known as fact that shooting prammo exclusively is not sustainable.

You want to prove it is, fine prove it.

It isn't and I said as much.

You want to argue that a player can shoot all prammo all the time and continue to earn credits, you go ahead.

Good luck with that.

Maybe take something for your head, its getting dried out too it seems.

If you only play prem tanks you can. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #31 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:54

Major

• Players
  • 25331 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRC_1140, on Mar 24 2019 - 10:37, said:

If you only play prem tanks you can. 

Perhaps you can, but there are no Premiums past T-VIII.

I can't speak to reward tanks, never had one.

Most players find T-IX and X to be credit sinks if prammo is your round of choice.

Certainly is on a loss. 

Not many players are at your level, so losing at T-VIII in a Premium tank, with Premium Time while firing nothing but prammo is not going to result in positive credits,.

Isolated examples are not indicative of the game or actual results.

Its why all mileage figures include "your results may vary".

Players at your level and with your game count sometimes become jaded and see things as they believe they are not as they actaully are.

Stats for example.

To many at your level someone with my stats is a sh*tter.

Someone not worth any real consideration. Thing is WG places me currently as doing better than around 70% of the player base.

Its easy to forget you're in the top 5% when you're there.

Easier still to forget (if you ever knew) what its like for the great unwashed. 

As to the whole "special rounds" issue, there isn't one I know of.

If there really was something dirty about firing prammo at other tanks I wouldn't be a prammo catcher's mitt when I face players of any level, including yours. :honoring:

golruul #32 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 23:17

Captain

• Players
  • 21805 battles

Yes, WG, please speed up the implementation of the premium round nerf!  Also increase the cost of premium rounds while you're at it.

Then I'll play all my heavily armored tanks and laugh at the forum rage of people bankrupting themselves of credits.  There will be so much rage about PAY2WIN that it'll make the arty threads seem like child's play. 

Mikosah #33 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

For the time being, there is the option to just play the low/mid tiers where armor is less prevalent and therefore you don't need to use as much gold ammo and neither does anyone else. Maybe its seal-clubbing but hey, if it works, it works.

As of the high tiers, long story short regardless of how they possibly approach the gold ammo issue the situation would be much more manageable if there were weakspots to shoot at. In fact, if there were enough weakspots that were easy enough to hit and easy enough to pen, it wouldn't even matter how gold works. The problem is simply that WG is stuck with this one crazy idea in their heads that for armor to actually work, it has to be idiot-proof. If they balance armor against standard shells, then gold shells crap all over it. If they balance armor against gold shells, then it craps all over everyone. But gold shells are still necessary because of bottom-tier MM situations against heavy armor. That's why the vicious cycle keeps on repeating.

The way to break the cycle is either to narrow the MM so that you never see a tank you can't pen, or to add enough weakspots so that bottom tiers can pen everything they meet. WG probably thinks that this would mean that armor would be totally destroyed by either of these methods, but I don't think so. And the reason why is because if you have to aim for a particular weakspot, you take your reticle off center mass and therefore sacrifice your odds of a hit. Even then, the armor is still giving the tank a degree of protection if only because the weakspot is a smaller target than the entire tank.

WhiteBishop #34 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 23:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 4272 battles

View PostMikosah, on Mar 25 2019 - 22:45, said:

For the time being, there is the option to just play the low/mid tiers where armor is less prevalent and therefore you don't need to use as much gold ammo and neither does anyone else. Maybe its seal-clubbing but hey, if it works, it works.

As of the high tiers, long story short regardless of how they possibly approach the gold ammo issue the situation would be much more manageable if there were weakspots to shoot at. In fact, if there were enough weakspots that were easy enough to hit and easy enough to pen, it wouldn't even matter how gold works. The problem is simply that WG is stuck with this one crazy idea in their heads that for armor to actually work, it has to be idiot-proof. If they balance armor against standard shells, then gold shells crap all over it. If they balance armor against gold shells, then it craps all over everyone. But gold shells are still necessary because of bottom-tier MM situations against heavy armor. That's why the vicious cycle keeps on repeating.

The way to break the cycle is either to narrow the MM so that you never see a tank you can't pen, or to add enough weakspots so that bottom tiers can pen everything they meet.

Or that Wargaming allowed players to buy Premium Rounds for silver, and then made premium vehicles literally vomit silver. Instead of tuning Premium Rounds that they're niche rounds (like HE rounds), the buffed armor. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users