Cheating Players

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

sheler #1 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 59846 battles
  • [MSFTR] MSFTR

Don't really enjoy all the cheating that goes on in this game. I do understand that this is from the EU but if it's happening there then it's happening here as well. This is not old material and the player was active today. Here is the link showing the player blatantly using an aimbot program to enhance his performance. https://www.youtube....?v=CFXuyiQMojU  Note the time in the video 8:20-8:40. The players user name is ##### from the ##### clan. Again i do understand this is from the EU server and not the NA. The point is that cheating is rampant in this game and goes unpunished. It will only get worse as time goes on.

As Wargamming is doing little or nothing to quell the use of cheat mods. I feel it should be the responsibility of the player community to bring some of these cheaters into the light. I do understand Wargammings name and shame policy and I'm not asking anyone to violate that. But if you have videos or replays of players using cheat mods please post them. If you do have the name of the player in question then you should send in a ticket.

The more we post the more likely it is that wargamming will have to do something about it. 

Please no tinfoil here. This is a serious thread about how to minimize cheat mods in WOT.

Before you post please make sure that what you are posting is an actual cheat.

There are thousands of videos of content out there and i have to believe that many of them contain evidence of cheats. If you come across something please post.

If you come across a cheat in game please post the replay.

Exiledcrow #2 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:07

Major

• Players
  • 48280 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

Cheating in WoT? Of course there is.

RAMPANT cheating? Seriously doubt it, unless you have actual data to back that up?

SporkBoy #3 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:19

Captain

• Players
  • 42965 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Don't bother posting here- send a ticket.

NeatoMan #4 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 27450 battles

Yep,  that's the aimbot that uses the in game armor pen indicator to search out the weakspots on the tank.   I've seen videos of it before.  Not impressed.

Notice how it bounced all around?  Notice how long it took him to settle on a spot to shoot at?   It would have been much easier to just aim manually.  The aimbot didn't provide much help over anyone that already knows where to shoot, and may actually be slower.   In a situation like that it's not an advantage.  Perhaps with a fast medium making a run around the corner it might, but even then, with a wide bloom on the move, RNG is going to mess with you more than anything (unless it's a russian medium of course... russian bias ftw).  If you have time to settle a shot, knowledge and manually aiming is better.

I know many people will say "b..b..but... ammo rack...".   That was just coincidence.  Ammo racks are in areas commonly targeted by everyone, especially when you've got a wide open side shot like that.

60_percnt_wrks_everytime #5 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:36

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11051 battles

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 23 2019 - 22:24, said:

Yep,  that's the aimbot that uses the in game armor pen indicator to search out the weakspots on the tank.   I've seen videos of it before.  Not impressed.

Notice how it bounced all around?  Notice how long it took him to settle on a spot to shoot at?   It would have been much easier to just aim manually.  The aimbot didn't provide much help over anyone that already knows where to shoot, and may actually be slower.   In a situation like that it's not an advantage.  Perhaps with a fast medium making a run around the corner it might, but even then, with a wide bloom on the move, RNG is going to mess with you more than anything (unless it's a russian medium of course... russian bias ftw).  If you have time to settle a shot, knowledge and manually aiming is better.

I know many people will say "b..b..but... ammo rack...".   That was just coincidence.  Ammo racks are in areas commonly targeted by everyone, especially when you've got a wide open side shot like that.

That player is cheating, plain and simple. No reason to justify WGs continued lack of interest in cleaning up their game by claiming it isn't a benefit. Yes, people cheat in this game, this is not an isolated case no matter what people claim.

JakeTheMystic #6 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:45

Major

• Players
  • 23677 battles
  • [EOR] EOR

"Cheating is rampant in the game", yet you only show us one clip of it? One out of thousands isn't rampant...

Also, that isn't aim-bot. If you actually watched the other clips, you would know the uploader is recording the clips from third-person, he isn't seeing what the actual player is looking at, just their tank position and where their gun is pointing. Kind of a dumb way to record it, but that is the style they chose throughout most of the video. 

He auto-locks onto the VK, fires once, locks onto the Wz, turns off the lock-on and manually aims the shot to pen the WZ but instead shoots the VK in the side of the turret for an ammo rack. Not an impressive or funny clip in any way, but the whole video was kind of lacking in anything amazing. 

The point is that you are crying fox about aim-bot as are many others. Just watch a lot of replays that people claim others are cheating and you can easily point out what actually happened. The clip is legit and people just need to learn what cheats actually look like.

NeatoMan #7 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:57

Major

• Players
  • 27450 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Mar 23 2019 - 16:45, said:

"Cheating is rampant in the game", yet you only show us one clip of it? One out of thousands isn't rampant...

Also, that isn't aim-bot. If you actually watched the other clips, you would know the uploader is recording the clips from third-person, he isn't seeing what the actual player is looking at, just their tank position and where their gun is pointing. Kind of a dumb way to record it, but that is the style they chose throughout most of the video. 

He auto-locks onto the VK, fires once, locks onto the Wz, turns off the lock-on and manually aims the shot to pen the WZ but instead shoots the VK in the side of the turret for an ammo rack. Not an impressive or funny clip in any way, but the whole video was kind of lacking in anything amazing. 

The point is that you are crying fox about aim-bot as are many others. Just watch a lot of replays that people claim others are cheating and you can easily point out what actually happened. The clip is legit and people just need to learn what cheats actually look like.

Nope.  I've seen videos of the weakspot locator.  It works just like that in the video.   Again. not much of an advantage.  I worry about something like that about as much as I worry about clown skins, i.e. not much at all. 

looked up the guys stats.  not a great player...   pretty much spot on average.

Edited by NeatoMan, Mar 23 2019 - 23:03.

Exiledcrow #8 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 22:59

Major

• Players
  • 48280 battles
  • [SABOT] SABOT

I subject ALL claims of this nature to Hitchens' Razor: That which can be asserted without, can be rejected without evidence.

You'd think if it were RAMPANT, there'd be mountains of evidence, and yet all we ever get is isolated and rare examples. 

Edited by Exiledcrow, Mar 23 2019 - 22:59.

3bagsfull #9 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles
The only people that would even benefit from cheating are the average and below players.    There is a skill point where an aimbot would actually get in the way of a good player and beyond.

Akrotiri #10 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:03

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9488 battles

View PostExiledcrow, on Mar 23 2019 - 16:59, said:

I subject ALL claims of this nature to Hitchens' Razor: That which can be asserted without, can be rejected without evidence.

You'd think if it were RAMPANT, there'd be mountains of evidence, and yet all we ever get is isolated and rare examples. 

Occam called.  He'd like his razor back.

ArmorStorm #11 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:44

Major

• Players
  • 36098 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
Let’s start with the real problem...guys who can’t spell WARGAMING. 

ThePigSheFlies #12 Posted Mar 23 2019 - 23:51

Major

• Players
  • 69209 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Post60_percnt_wrks_everytime, on Mar 23 2019 - 16:36, said:

That player is cheating, plain and simple. No reason to justify WGs continued lack of interest in cleaning up their game by claiming it isn't a benefit. Yes, people cheat in this game, this is not an isolated case no matter what people claim.

nobody is claiming it's isolated.  they're simply refuting your statement that it's "rampant" - which is made with just as much authority and statistical evidence as someone saying it doesn't exist...

e.g.  none

redjkent #13 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 00:02

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 86299 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB
i was accused today of using an aimbot in my kv220 2 since i shot only his turret front witch is very weak i killed him and he did no damage to me since he was shooting my hull and the rounds on that tank even the premium have bad pin, i only use xvm only 

3bagsfull #14 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 00:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostAkrotiri, on Mar 23 2019 - 22:03, said:

Occam called.  He'd like his razor back.

Needs to talk to Dollar Shave Club to get it back.

BEASTY_BUCKEYE #15 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 00:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34368 battles
I counted 3 incidents of aim bot in that one video, that's purity rampant for one video. Just saying  

DrWho_ #16 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 00:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 19528 battles

With a 47% WR I'm guessing that cheat isn't all that good ? (yes I know there's more to this game than just aiming)

Meh, while I've wondered now and then how some players can snap shot me repeatedly while my fully aimed shots go .... somewhere else, I'm sure others have wondered how *my* snapshots from a moving LT has hit them while they can't hit me.

I'm sure some people are cheating but to be honest I'm more concerned by my own average skills than other people possibly cheating. I'll start worrying about that stuff the day I'm a 2000+ WN8 player and get my [edited]handed to me by tomatoes who've suddenly turned into Unicums

sheler #17 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 01:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 59846 battles
  • [MSFTR] MSFTR
  I think you have all misunderstood the point of this. It is not an argument on weather or not this video shows a cheat or if the cheat helps the player. The player was using a cheat mod end of story. The idea is to get enough content posted here to show wargaming that cheats are a problem for the WOTs community. So please if you have videos or you see videos please post them.

sheler #18 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 01:12

Corporal

• Players
  • 59846 battles
  • [MSFTR] MSFTR

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 23 2019 - 21:57, said:

Nope.  I've seen videos of the weakspot locator.  It works just like that in the video.   Again. not much of an advantage.  I worry about something like that about as much as I worry about clown skins, i.e. not much at all. 

"Again. not much of an advantage" Tell that to the VK. 100 that got ammo racked. Or all the other players that got destroyed because this guy is running around using a cheat mod.

NeatoMan #19 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 03:43

Major

• Players
  • 27450 battles

View Postsheler, on Mar 23 2019 - 19:12, said:

"Again. not much of an advantage" Tell that to the VK. 100 that got ammo racked. Or all the other players that got destroyed because this guy is running around using a cheat mod.

The ammo rack had nothing to do with the mod.  The mod doesn't point at ammo racks.   All the mod does is put the cursor on the weakest armored spot. You can do the same thing manually using the in game color indicator, or just by aiming at the usual weak spots.   It just so happens that most tanks have ammo racks at that location.  Plus, most German tanks have huge ammo rack hit boxes.  Use the in game auto-aim on a Type59 and it too will likely hit the ammo rack if you shoot at it from the side.

That guy isn't destroying a lot of other players seeing as how he's only managed an totally average win rate so far, and his recent win rate isn't getting any better.  

Edited by NeatoMan, Mar 24 2019 - 03:52.

Burning_Haggis #20 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 04:58

Captain

• Players
  • 44877 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:57, said:

And every player with half a brain would play the same.  What, you expect every player to just shoot at turrets?  By the way, the bounce possibility was way higher shooting at the back, a bot using pen values would have gone for the hull between the idlers.   I don't think that is a bot at all, they tend to bounce between the same locations as they search for best chance.  That is not searching between any 2 points, and not moving fluidly like a bot does.   That is some guy in sniper mode, lost in the magnification, trying to find anywhere he might get a shot off before he dies, and that is all it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users