Jump to content


Cheating Players


  • Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

ArmorStorm #21 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 05:02

    Major

  • Players
  • 36094 battles
  • 8,037
  • [F__R] F__R
  • Member since:
    08-12-2011

View Postsheler, on Mar 23 2019 - 18:01, said:

  I think you have all misunderstood the point of this. It is not an argument on weather or not this video shows a cheat or if the cheat helps the player. The player was using a cheat mod end of story. The idea is to get enough content posted here to show wargaming that cheats are a problem for the WOTs community. So please if you have videos or you see videos please post them.

 

*whether...

NeatoMan #22 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 06:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 27447 battles
  • 19,131
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Mar 23 2019 - 22:58, said:

 

And every player with half a brain would play the same.  What, you expect every player to just shoot at turrets?  By the way, the bounce possibility was way higher shooting at the back, a bot using pen values would have gone for the hull between the idlers.   I don't think that is a bot at all, they tend to bounce between the same locations as they search for best chance.  That is not searching between any 2 points, and not moving fluidly like a bot does.   That is some guy in sniper mode, lost in the magnification, trying to find anywhere he might get a shot off before he dies, and that is all it is.

 

without the actual replay it's hard to tell for sure.  Look at the other tanks in battle, and their guns are also moving around all sporadically, and not fluid.   The enemy WZ behind the VK is especially jerky in its movements.

 

However, there is a mod that works just as I described, and it searches for weak spots just like the reticle did in that replay (between tracks to cupola to turret side).  Not that the mod is that great, but it does exist.



Shrimp_Boy #23 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 13:34

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 43203 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014

I think people way overreact to the use of aimbot and are uninformed.

 

RNG > Aimbot

 

This game is not like Counterstrike where you get insta-head shots whenever an enemy appears.  Even with a perfect, fully-aimed shot (either manually or by aimbot), reticle bloom still gives a high variance even with .33 accuracy unless you're in their face.

 

Example: Fighting a Tortiose from 300 yards head-on.  If I go for the commanders hatch with a Skoda I rarely if ever land 3/3.  More often than not its 2/3 if I'm lucky with a 120% crew.

 

This is one of the few benefits of RNG despite all the crying you see on the forums.

 

As mentioned, an aimbot would be more detrimental to a good player.  90% of most tanks with useable armor have the same friggin weak spots.



Exiledcrow #24 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 16:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 48256 battles
  • 2,101
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostAkrotiri, on Mar 23 2019 - 23:03, said:

 

Occam called.  He'd like his razor back.

 

Different razor, though, ain't it. If you're gonna be a smart-[edited], you should at least be smart. 

Deputy276 #25 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 16:42

    Major

  • Players
  • 19825 battles
  • 5,674
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    06-17-2013

View PostNeatoMan, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:24, said:

Yep,  that's the aimbot that uses the in game armor pen indicator to search out the weakspots on the tank.   I've seen videos of it before.  Not impressed.

 

Notice how it bounced all around?  Notice how long it took him to settle on a spot to shoot at?   It would have been much easier to just aim manually.  The aimbot didn't provide much help over anyone that already knows where to shoot, and may actually be slower.   In a situation like that it's not an advantage.  Perhaps with a fast medium making a run around the corner it might, but even then, with a wide bloom on the move, RNG is going to mess with you more than anything (unless it's a russian medium of course... russian bias ftw).  If you have time to settle a shot, knowledge and manually aiming is better.

 

I know many people will say "b..b..but... ammo rack...".   That was just coincidence.  Ammo racks are in areas commonly targeted by everyone, especially when you've got a wide open side shot like that.

 

Heck, you don't even have to "know where to shoot" or have "knowledge". Just use the colored aiming marker, run it around the tank, and wait for it to turn green. Most times it will pen unless RNG steps in. Not exactly rocket science, and the days of "memorizing weak spots" are long gone.

DrWho_ #26 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 16:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19479 battles
  • 2,166
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View PostExiledcrow, on Mar 24 2019 - 16:35, said:

 

Different razor, though, ain't it. If you're gonna be a smart-[edited], you should at least be smart. 

 

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur ?

Exiledcrow #27 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:04

    Major

  • Players
  • 48256 battles
  • 2,101
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostDrWho_, on Mar 24 2019 - 16:56, said:

 

Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur ?

 

Occam:  "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"

 

Hitchens  "Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur"


Edited by Exiledcrow, Mar 24 2019 - 17:06.


NeutronRaptor #28 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:09

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28987 battles
  • 814
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Mar 23 2019 - 14:51, said:

 

nobody is claiming it's isolated.  they're simply refuting your statement that it's "rampant" - which is made with just as much authority and statistical evidence as someone saying it doesn't exist...

 

e.g.  none

 

I would guess that cheating is worse than people think going by the total downloads on some of the cheating packs. Some of them have over 300k downloads which come with the aimbot and other informative advantages like reload timers. The difference in WoT is that a bad player with an aimbot is still an awful player and this will be evident in the fact they will still have below 50% win rates. When there was that mass banning last year where they posted the names of the players from RU the average win rate was 47% which shows just how much cheating actually impacts a players performance.  

 

I have no statistical evidence to back it up so I could be completely wrong but I think we all encounter cheaters more often than we think since it is 15v15 but not nearly as often as people that scream "cheater" think. We probably play with and against a handful of them every gaming session we just don't notice cause they still play so badly. 



DrWho_ #29 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:09

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19479 battles
  • 2,166
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View PostExiledcrow, on Mar 24 2019 - 17:04, said:

 

Occam:  "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine necessitate"

 

Hitchens  "Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur"

 

Yup, my Latin classes finally paid off .....

Exiledcrow #30 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 48256 battles
  • 2,101
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostDrWho_, on Mar 24 2019 - 17:09, said:

 

Yup, my Latin classes finally paid off .....

 

Celebrate as it's rare, much to the despair of all the Jesuits that I took classes from. :teethhappy:

Edited by Exiledcrow, Mar 24 2019 - 17:59.


ORANGE_KHAOS #31 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:55

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 5394 battles
  • 25
  • [TEACH] TEACH
  • Member since:
    02-25-2017

People who think legitimate cheating is possible in WoT with 25% RNG on literally everything, make me laugh. If you are so stupid to believe that just do us all a favor and quit the game then.

 

Make sure you make another forum post that you are quitting and cry about it too. Everyone loves that.



Exiledcrow #32 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 48256 battles
  • 2,101
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011

View PostORANGE_KHAOS, on Mar 24 2019 - 17:55, said:

People who think legitimate cheating is possible in WoT with 25% RNG on literally everything, make me laugh. If you are so stupid to believe that just do us all a favor and quit the game then.

 

Make sure you make another forum post that you are quitting and cry about it too. Everyone loves that.

 

If they're that dumb they can stick around and make themselves useful as target dummies, and xp farms ...

Kliphie #33 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 31869 battles
  • 4,002
  • [IOC] IOC
  • Member since:
    07-20-2012
A Lot of the "aim-bots" looked like replays viewed in FreeCam View to me.  

the_Deadly_Bulb #34 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:22

    Major

  • Players
  • 25430 battles
  • 6,015
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View Post60_percnt_wrks_everytime, on Mar 23 2019 - 13:36, said:

 

That player is cheating, plain and simple. No reason to justify WGs continued lack of interest in cleaning up their game by claiming it isn't a benefit. Yes, people cheat in this game, this is not an isolated case no matter what people claim.

Sure, because a one off is always indicative of a trend.

In the same way a serious birth defect is commonly thought of as evidence an evolutionary directive?

 

Please, just stop.

I seriously believe there are more posts and threads about cheating than there is cheating. :sceptic:



DrWho_ #35 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:32

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 19479 battles
  • 2,166
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:22, said:

Sure, because a one off is always indicative of a trend.

In the same way a serious birth defect is commonly thought of as evidence an evolutionary directive?

 

Please, just stop.

I seriously believe there are more posts and threads about cheating than there is cheating. :sceptic:

 

I'm sure there are people in this game cheating, and possibly "quite a few", but until we get proof that reasonably high skilled players are cheating then why would I even care. That one guy in the video had a 47% WR which means that I play better than him most of the time even with him cheating, assuming that's a cheat. Now if you're a sub 47% player I can see this being of some concern but otherwise ..... don't care

RedBaronK #36 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 41120 battles
  • 2,996
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
  • Member since:
    11-26-2012

The devs don't read any of the stuff written on the forums.

 

What can be done about cheaters is/has been done, and they are continuing to. There's no monetary incentive for WG to keep cheaters in the game for whatever reason... It makes them look worse.

 

Its also not as bad and rampant as people make it seem like it is. Ask a good player and they'll say it's an occasional thing they run across, ask the bad players and they will say the last 40k+ games they sucked hard in was all because of cheaters.



the_Deadly_Bulb #37 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 25430 battles
  • 6,015
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View PostDrWho_, on Mar 24 2019 - 09:32, said:

 

I'm sure there are people in this game cheating, and possibly "quite a few", but until we get proof that reasonably high skilled players are cheating then why would I even care. That one guy in the video had a 47% WR which means that I play better than him most of the time even with him cheating, assuming that's a cheat. Now if you're a sub 47% player I can see this being of some concern but otherwise ..... don't care

 

Exactly.

TY!

 

Honestly if the best you can hope for is a 47% WR using mods that can potentially result in deletion of your account, why would you bother?

 

How is it that players cite a player as using an aim bot, then if you look that player has abysmal stats for hits and pens?

 

There are always players at every level who want a scapegoat to explain why something happened in the game.

If its arty perma-tracking you or deleting you then arty is a problem.

If its a TD hits you while you're at speed in the open then its an aim bot cheat.

If its being blind fired and getting hit because you're in a totally known and favoured bush, well then its got to be a cheat!

Lag makes an OPFOR tanks barrel twitch and that's got to be a bot right.

Everyone knows bots twitch their turrets right?

Why?

Do you twitch when you aim?

Do you really think the bot really needs to try to find the target?

Do you?

It couldn't possible be programmed to find it smoothly?

Wheelies, ya thy're also game breaking! 

LOL

 

Then there's the MM conspiracies, the top clans are favoured tripe, lets not forget that particular foil hat (its orthopedic).

Running boosters makes you lose too, don't you know.

Premium Time simultaneously gets you both better and worse MM, its a fact!

 

"WG has it out for me", doesn't EVERYONE get a laugh out of these, well everyone who possesses cogent thoughts?

 

WoT forum, such a funhouse of self delusion for so many.

A great source of profit for those invested in the Reynolds or ALCOA. :great:

 



RaynorShyne #38 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26876 battles
  • 1,341
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    02-24-2011

View Postsheler, on Mar 23 2019 - 15:05, said:

   Don't really enjoy all the cheating that goes on in this game. I do understand that this is from the EU but if it's happening there then it's happening here as well. This is not old material and the player was active today. Here is the link showing the player blatantly using an aimbot program to enhance his performance. https://www.youtube....?v=CFXuyiQMojU  Note the time in the video 8:20-8:40. The players user name is ##### from the ##### clan. Again i do understand this is from the EU server and not the NA. The point is that cheating is rampant in this game and goes unpunished. It will only get worse as time goes on.

 

   As Wargamming is doing little or nothing to quell the use of cheat mods. I feel it should be the responsibility of the player community to bring some of these cheaters into the light. I do understand Wargammings name and shame policy and I'm not asking anyone to violate that. But if you have videos or replays of players using cheat mods please post them. If you do have the name of the player in question then you should send in a ticket.

 

   The more we post the more likely it is that wargamming will have to do something about it. 

   Please no tinfoil here. This is a serious thread about how to minimize cheat mods in WOT.

   Before you post please make sure that what you are posting is an actual cheat.

   There are thousands of videos of content out there and i have to believe that many of them contain evidence of cheats. If you come across something please post.

    If you come across a cheat in game please post the replay.

 

Did you seriously pry through a 10 minute "Epic Wins and Fails" video just looking for 'cheats'?  Get a hobby, man!

NeatoMan #39 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:17

    Major

  • Players
  • 27447 battles
  • 19,131
  • Member since:
    06-28-2011

View PostDeputy276, on Mar 24 2019 - 10:42, said:

Heck, you don't even have to "know where to shoot" or have "knowledge". Just use the colored aiming marker, run it around the tank, and wait for it to turn green. Most times it will pen unless RNG steps in. Not exactly rocket science, and the days of "memorizing weak spots" are long gone.

 

That's essentially what the mod does.  It uses that in-game color indicator to lock on somewhere else instead of center mass.  The mod just automates it.  It basically allows you to be lazy.   That's it, but people always want to attribute so much more to mods than what they really do.

VooDooKobra #40 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 9052 battles
  • 4,814
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View PostNeutronRaptor, on Mar 24 2019 - 09:09, said:

 

I would guess that cheating is worse than people think going by the total downloads on some of the cheating packs. Some of them have over 300k downloads which come with the aimbot and other informative advantages like reload timers. The difference in WoT is that a bad player with an aimbot is still an awful player and this will be evident in the fact they will still have below 50% win rates. When there was that mass banning last year where they posted the names of the players from RU the average win rate was 47% which shows just how much cheating actually impacts a players performance.  

 

I have no statistical evidence to back it up so I could be completely wrong but I think we all encounter cheaters more often than we think since it is 15v15 but not nearly as often as people that scream "cheater" think. We probably play with and against a handful of them every gaming session we just don't notice cause they still play so badly. 

 

tell me if you wanted someone to use your cheat site wouldnt you use a counter you can fudge to make it look like more people are using the side?




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users