Proposed SPG changes: Why they are a bad idea as presented.

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

_Xi #121 Posted Mar 29 2019 - 21:39

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19761 battles

Bad players needing artillery to kill better players. What a pathetic excuse for a post, learn to play other tanks and quit trying to EZ mode your way to cheap kills/damage. 

NO idea why bad players have opinions when they don't even know how the game works. Such a shame. 

Omega_Weapon #122 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 02:04

Major

• Players
  • 52904 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Post_Xi, on Mar 29 2019 - 15:39, said:

Bad players needing artillery to kill better players. What a pathetic excuse for a post, learn to play other tanks and quit trying to EZ mode your way to cheap kills/damage. 

NO idea why bad players have opinions when they don't even know how the game works. Such a shame. 

Sorry, false stereotype there. Its not just bad players that like arty. I have no trouble killing my fair share of enemy tanks in any class, yet I still love to play as arty, and enjoy having arty in match when I am not driving arty myself. Don't automatically assume that everyone who likes something you don't must be bad. 

_Xi #123 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 05:33

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19761 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Mar 29 2019 - 19:04, said:

Sorry, false stereotype there. Its not just bad players that like arty. I have no trouble killing my fair share of enemy tanks in any class, yet I still love to play as arty, and enjoy having arty in match when I am not driving arty myself. Don't automatically assume that everyone who likes something you don't must be bad. 

After 50k games and you barely know how the game works. Keep moving, you aren't even targeted by arty when you play. For good reason, like the OP, you aren't that much of a threat. The majority of the bad players prefer arty, takes no skill to do damage. If people could contribute in a heavy tank or a medium, you honestly think they'd sit in the back of the map and play "click here and hope for best"? Really? Get real. This update to arty continues to make them worse and I'm all for it. The less arty to ruin games, the better. 

SquishySupreme #124 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 01:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 3639 battles

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Mar 29 2019 - 21:08, said:

Its not a massive nerf, but its still noteworthy. The fact that any nerf is being applied to the most underperforming class though is the real issue.

Actually, it is.
Stun blah blah blah - who cares - Arty players don't care about stun anyways and never did - it's about damage.

- Less damage radius and much faster falloff, combined with the fact that damage is calculated and THEN applied versus their armor to calculate actual damage will result in 30-40% less damage on a miss.  That's an epic nerf to their already crazy nerf - WG admits that all SPGs do 50% damage on a direct hit vs listed values in their video.
- Less accuracy to all SPGs.  They nerfed shell velocity, which means more hang-time and less actual accuracy.  Even harder to hit a LT or clown car.
Combine both and it's a huge nerf.  

Out of these changes, not one thing is a benefit to the SPG class.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users