Natural Cover (?)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Son__Of__Anarchy #1 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 11:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 25909 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

so i just got a reward for merit, included 3 pieces of paint job (?) called "natural cover"

anyone has an idea what is this and where is located?

because i cant see it nowhere..

cKy_ #2 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 11:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2365 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI
Guessing it's a directive

Son__Of__Anarchy #3 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 25909 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View PostcKy_, on Mar 24 2019 - 11:21, said:

Guessing it's a directive

i dont think so.. there was that bucket with the brush next to it.. so it must be something that has to do with the appearance of the tank...

TommyBuns #4 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15913 battles

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Mar 24 2019 - 06:03, said:

i dont think so.. there was that bucket with the brush next to it.. so it must be something that has to do with the appearance of the tank...

Nah, he was right they're directives. Go into your depot, then consumables and they're down near the bottom. Somehow I ended up with 118 of these worthless things.

Son__Of__Anarchy #5 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 25909 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 24 2019 - 12:11, said:

Nah, he was right they're directives. Go into your depot, then consumables and they're down near the bottom. Somehow I ended up with 118 of these worthless things.

aw yes! thats right.. they are directives after all.. just makes me wonder why the hell they put a bucket and brush next to it.. that suggesting to a paint job.. just silly..

i see now there are 273 of them in my depot..

not sure if useless, i think they did good job when i was using them to my Strv 103B.. plus camo net and full camo crew, makes it really hard to be seen..

Son__Of__Anarchy #6 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 25909 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO
thanks for responces guys!

cKy_ #7 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 2365 battles
  • [KITTI] KITTI

View PostSon__Of__Anarchy, on Mar 24 2019 - 23:21, said:

thanks for responces guys!

Learn how to spell "responses". 

Son__Of__Anarchy #8 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 12:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 25909 battles
  • [CAMEO] CAMEO

View PostcKy_, on Mar 24 2019 - 12:40, said:

Learn how to spell "responses". 

laern haou tu aprisiate a sekont tsanse geven..

till then, go back in your well deserved place..

"STOOPED KONFIRMED"

PS: there is no third chance..

Edited by Son__Of__Anarchy, Mar 24 2019 - 13:12.

DrWho_ #9 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 14:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 19528 battles

View PostTommyBuns, on Mar 24 2019 - 12:11, said:

They're far from worthless unless you use them wrong. For a tank with a crew with full camo skills it adds very little but with a fresh crew ....

I've never played my little tier 2 L60 so the crew in there is the 80% crew that came with the tank when it was gifted to us. Camo rating on the tank as it sits without any equipment or paint is 16, add the "natural cover" directive and this goes up to 29. On my VK28 where the entire crew has full camo the rating goes up from 31 to 32.

So it's great for those first battles with a fresh crew but it's value diminishes as the crew gains experience. I'm currently using some on my Bromwell as I often find myself doing scout duties in that tank and the current crew in there is working on their repair skills. It adds 11 points to the camo rating of the tank and gets it up to a very reasonable 28, reasonable for an MT that is.

So depending on the tank/crew it can add up to 12-13 points of camo and I find that quite useful at times, especially since these and other directives are all free stuff I've earned through FL and various in game missions

That said there's one directive they ought to hand out more frequently if you ask me, "Increased Focus"  (6th sense), as that would be *very* helpful for anyone training a new commander and especially newbies as it would show them the value of having 6th sense on certain tanks

Edited by DrWho_, Mar 24 2019 - 14:04.

MakersMike #10 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 14:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2704 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Mar 24 2019 - 05:03, said:

They're far from worthless unless you use them wrong. For a tank with a crew with full camo skills it adds very little but with a fresh crew ....

I've never played my little tier 2 L60 so the crew in there is the 80% crew that came with the tank when it was gifted to us. Camo rating on the tank as it sits without any equipment or paint is 16, add the "natural cover" directive and this goes up to 29. On my VK28 where the entire crew has full camo the rating goes up from 31 to 32.

So it's great for those first battles with a fresh crew but it's value diminishes as the crew gains experience. I'm currently using some on my Bromwell as I often find myself doing scout duties in that tank and the current crew in there is working on their repair skills. It adds 11 points to the camo rating of the tank and gets it up to a very reasonable 28, reasonable for an MT that is.

So depending on the tank/crew it can add up to 12-13 points of camo and I find that quite useful at times, especially since these and other directives are all free stuff I've earned through FL and various in game missions

That said there's one directive they ought to hand out more frequently if you ask me, "Increased Focus"  (6th sense), as that would be *very* helpful for anyone training a new commander and especially newbies as it would show them the value of having 6th sense on certain tanks

Dr. Who is "spot on" about the directives.  (spot on...get it?)  Can be great for new crew's and add a lot of camo value.  But if your crew has 100% camo, or even decent camo percentage already, then it doesn't add much.  It also appears to only add the 10% to base camo skill of the crew.  Not a straight 10% to your current vehicle camo. 

As usual, the wargaming descriptions are unclear and a bit misleading.  

I also noticed something with these natural cover directives not working on all tanks and was in communication with support about it.  They've acknowledged a bug and are working on a solution so you might have a look at my link here.  

http://forum.worldof...-issue/#topmost

DrWho_ #11 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 14:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 19528 battles

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 24 2019 - 14:28, said:

Dr. Who is "spot on" about the directives.  (spot on...get it?)  Can be great for new crew's and add a lot of camo value.  But if your crew has 100% camo, or even decent camo percentage already, then it doesn't add much.  It also appears to only add the 10% to base camo skill of the crew.  Not a straight 10% to your current vehicle camo. 

As usual, the wargaming descriptions are unclear and a bit misleading.  

I also noticed something with these natural cover directives not working on all tanks and was in communication with support about it.  They've acknowledged a bug and are working on a solution so you might have a look at my link here.  

http://forum.worldof...-issue/#topmost

Yeah there are some tanks, I noticed it on the Swedish t8 TDs, where it's not even recognized as having been added so there's def a bug in there somewhere. Did you ever get a clear answer about the nature of the bug, as in does it actually add some additional camo and just don't show it in the garage or does it in fact not add anything at all ?

Not that it's too important I suppose since it's more or less wasted on high tier TDs as most people would have full camo skills by the time they get there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users