Lansen C Poor handling

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

24_inch_pythons #1 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 16:59

Major

• Players
  • 29905 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

I love World of Tanks, it's the best game in the world. WG I'm not such a big fan of but I can generally tolerate them. As a general rule WGNA customer service has gotten a lot better since the move. However, I am disappointed in the latest offering, the Lansen C.

It was just one problem after another with this and it really is unacceptable.

First problem was the presale itself, it was apparently pushed back (who knows why) but someone had a promotional sale ad in their client that said the Lansen C was on Pre-Sale from 3-20 to 3-22, they clicked the ad and the link was dead. Then the presale went live on 3-21 for one day, until 3-22 (wasn't it supposed to be two days WG?) But the presale didn't work. People who wanted to buy it were greeted with "this item is not available to you". After a fairly lengthy amount of time Wargaming got it fixed and some people, including yours truly got the tank. But then, not that long later the presale broke again and Wargaming to the best of my knowledge never fixed it, the presale was dead after being open for literally a few hours. And now... now, it turns out that if you didn't buy the tank during the presale the only way to get the "Wolves of Odin" skin is to spring for the $100 version!!! Holy Crap WG, why is that even a thing and if it is going to be a thing then you need to be way clear up front before, during, and after the presale that this is your only chance to get the skin without spending $100 bucks!

Finally, Domo I believe it was, put out a "Lansen C is available to the general public" post in which he apparently didn't know the terms of the deal... he states that the skin is available on all the packages... it isn't. Then he apparently went home for the weekend and there it sits, people asking him what's going on with no answer.

Very disappointing WG.

F1O1 #2 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:20

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

l hate world of tanks. lt is certainly not the best game in the world, l would rate it far closer to the worst. War gaming, l am certainly not a big fan of, and find it hard to tolerate them even on good days. As a general rule, WGNA customer service has previously been awful, still is awful, and shows no signs of improvement. l  do not think they have customer service at all, just a bot sending automated replies. l have been disappointed alot and continue to be, for 8 years and counting.... and still wonder why playing this game is acceptable for a life that l only live once.

Nonamanadus #3 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:29

Major

• Players
  • 32369 battles
  • [HBG] HBG

I am quite satisfied with the sale, just waited a bit for them to fix the site. The special cammo is god awful ugly so I picked up the cheapest package. And to be honest Wargaming has the right to sell the camo for a premium, they are not a charity after all.

While I was waiting for the website to get fixed I watched some YouTube reviews to make sure my purchase was an informed one. 

borderrat #4 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:30

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12367 battles

View PostF1O1, on Mar 24 2019 - 08:20, said:

l hate world of tanks. lt is certainly not the best game in the world, l would rate it far closer to the worst. War gaming, l am certainly not a big fan of, and find it hard to tolerate them even on good days. As a general rule, WGNA customer service has previously been awful, still is awful, and shows no signs of improvement. l  do not think they have customer service at all, just a bot sending automated replies. l have been disappointed alot and continue to be, for 8 years and counting.... and still wonder why playing this game is acceptable for a life that l only live once.

If you hate this game so much,  you should tell WG to stop "making you" click the "Battle" button.

Like you said, you only have one life, why waste it here.

Garandster #5 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 6134 battles

I read the pre-sale article and was confused about what was special about it, the article did lead me to beleive that the skin avalibility may be limited to just the pre-sale so I wasn't shocked to see the avalibility of it reduced. Anyways I waited and now I won't be picking it up this time around, no big deal.

I would have liked to see the skin offered individually so people could buy the tank and see if they liked it before getting the skin. I hope in the future they adopt a practice like this and insteand of using a presale to offer low price bundles, throw in a crew or some rental codes to give out (and possibly sell someone else on it).

Exiledcrow #6 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 50096 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Postborderrat, on Mar 24 2019 - 17:30, said:

If you hate this game so much,  you should tell WG to stop "making you" click the "Battle" button.

Like you said, you only have one life, why waste it here.

Dude posts under an alt with far more posts than battles, it's hard to take him seriously anyway. 

the_dude_76 #7 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 34156 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

View PostF1O1, on Mar 24 2019 - 10:20, said:

And yet here you still are!! Supposedly for 8 years running. How can you fail to see what this says about YOU??? Exactly how many times did you get dropped on your head as a child??

GeorgePreddy #8 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:04

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostF1O1, on Mar 24 2019 - 13:20, said:

l hate world of tanks.  ...not the best game in the world, far closer to the worst.   ...still wonder why playing this game is acceptable... 

I sincerely don't "get it".  Why would any sane person play a game they feel this way about  ??

yruputin #9 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31051 battles
  • [HOR] HOR

yep domo sapiens also posted the characteristics of a Lansen C that does not match the vehicle in the comparison charts. i think that would mislead some people. the armor values are 30 mm less than what is shown in the DOMOPOST.

Edited by yruputin, Mar 24 2019 - 18:06.

GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:08

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostNonamanadus, on Mar 24 2019 - 13:29, said:

The special camo is god awful ugly so I picked up the cheapest package.

I know, right ?  How can anyone want that fantasy trash wolf head on their muzzle brake ?!?

the_Deadly_Bulb #11 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostF1O1, on Mar 24 2019 - 08:20, said:

Then don't. No one will miss your petulance.

Doing something you hate is counter to enjoyment, WoT is intended to be entertainment.

If you're not enjoying it and you really think it sucks so hard go do something else fool.

the_Deadly_Bulb #12 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 27591 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

The introduction of the Lansen C was another unfortunate failure on the part of the monetisation dept.

Not unprecedented.

Not world ending either. :sceptic:

JustNotFatal #13 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:20

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6139 battles
I'd get it because I intend on playing the new Swedish mediums but I have no idea if there will be synergy since there is no siege mode. Kinda  a missed opportunity but nothing to be really upset about. Also anything internet based can have technical mishaps.

WeSayNotToday #14 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 23497 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:08, said:

I know, right ?  How can anyone want that fantasy trash wolf head on their muzzle brake ?!?

Dude, chill.  WG needs to make money, and they are trying out cosmetics for monetization, which a lot of the vocal community have suggested, loudly, for years.

Cosmetics falls under style, or esthetics, which generally are not universal.  There is a real need to find out what else, or what sort of cosmetics, on which WoT players WILL spend money/ gold.  This takes time and effort, and actually debuting attempts.

I support their efforts.  I find the Wolf's head muzzle-brake a little expensive currently, and not perfectly in line with my tastes, but I am not going to crap on it.

If I do not particularly like something, that is not going to seriously change the game, "meh" is good enough response for me, or no response....,

... not negativity as a favored game looks to continue its revenue stream in a non-odious [to gameplay] way.

Edited by WeSayNotToday, Mar 24 2019 - 20:08.

Rawrlynn #15 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 32633 battles
  • [-ZOO-] -ZOO-

every game I've played, the players always "hate" the development company. 

custom appearance mods for cash is probably the best way to increase profitability instead of Over powered premium tanks that assault good game play. 

but WG does have an irresponsible customer service department 

I'm glad to see them trying to make an adjustment, but I still think their pricing is way out in left field and should be brought back closer to  to center.   

unfortunately companies now days don't see as making a profit worth it unless they make a killing.  even though if you price it for a profit you sell more product which increases your profit.  and WG is no different. which is why they want $100 for some digital merchandise. 

F1O1 #16 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:46

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View PostExiledcrow, on Mar 24 2019 - 16:46, said:

Dude posts under an alt with far more posts than battles, it's hard to take him seriously anyway. 

and, you expect people to take you seriously?  Your top 3 played tanks are T67, Lefh, FV304

RaynorShyne #17 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:57

Captain

• Players
  • 27387 battles

View PostF1O1, on Mar 24 2019 - 10:20, said:

So are you desperately inexperienced?  Alt account?  Rereoll?  59 battles?

Edited by RaynorShyne, Mar 24 2019 - 18:58.

Exiledcrow #18 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 50096 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostF1O1, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:46, said:

and, you expect people to take you seriously?  Your top 3 played tanks are T67, Lefh, FV304

Sure, I enjoy(ed) all 3, what about it? You notice I'm not hiding anything like a certain whiny b1tch, but nice stalking, thanks. 

TankFullOfBourbon #19 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:01

Major

• Players
  • 30537 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

The sales didn't work for me in the beginning. But I tried regularly and then it worked. 

Also WG employees have families to go home to.

Rimrender #20 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:53

Captain

• Players
  • 8014 battles
  • [SCARY] SCARY

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Mar 24 2019 - 12:04, said:

I sincerely don't "get it".  Why would any sane person play a game they feel this way about  ??

An eternal question best suited for the anti-arty crowd that haven't shut up for years. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users