Jump to content


What will be the next new gimic be?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

moosive #1 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:37

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 17259 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    02-25-2013

This use to be the best game out there, over the past couple of years I've watched my favorite game decline and began trying new game's and why? Because it seems like WoT just keeps adding gimics and turning this into a pay to win game.  What do I mean by gimics? Fresh unrealistic paint jobs, merits, tokens, crazier and crazier holiday events (some are actually really good).  They keep introducing new OP tanks one at a time for sale and forgetting about updating older tanks.  The balance of the game is rapidly deteriorating and now with the latest update SPGs are becoming even more unplayable and unbalanced.

 

So what do you think the next update, gimic, or pay to win tank will be that will further ruin this once amazing game?  Or what would you do to re-balance this game, which tanks would you upgrade or nerf?


Edited by moosive, Mar 24 2019 - 17:53.


gmotoman #2 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:40

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25503 battles
  • 1,260
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

I imagine the next gimmick will be to expand the call in airstrikes etc from FL into pubbies, and strongholds

 



ORANGE_KHAOS #3 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:44

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 5390 battles
  • 25
  • [TEACH] TEACH
  • Member since:
    02-25-2017

"What will be the next new gimic be?"

 

 

Some of you should take 10 seconds to read what you write before you post... your non-stop complaining posts. 



Das_Reaper_1 #4 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:49

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 11577 battles
  • 373
  • [F_N] F_N
  • Member since:
    03-17-2017
As I joked with the guys in between tier 8 skirms ... It will be a turreted motorcycle than can do 120+ kph making wheelies 2nd class :P

the_dude_76 #5 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 17:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 33105 battles
  • 4,089
  • [GSRM] GSRM
  • Member since:
    12-27-2011
Not sure, I guess first you'll have to explain what a "gimic" is exactly...

gmotoman #6 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:09

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 25503 battles
  • 1,260
  • Member since:
    06-05-2011

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 24 2019 - 17:57, said:

Not sure, I guess first you'll have to explain what a "gimic" is exactly...

 

GIMIC: gauge-including magnetically induced currents

https://gimic.readth...s.io/en/latest/



Seditious #7 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:11

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 216 battles
  • 211
  • Member since:
    12-24-2017

Respawns for gold.

 

You heard it here first.



Garandster #8 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:12

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4914 battles
  • 511
  • Member since:
    04-12-2018

Gimics or content? I would call new skin options, the new random rewards, and the holiday events for example content. For the age of the game I am really impressed by the amount of content they put out to keep things fresh. The holiday events, football mode, and Frontlines are a change of pace to break up the monotony. As far as new tanks go I'm glad to see something like the Lansen C that isn't OP and seeing an attempt to sell skins again, the process needs some polish, but its a good step in the right direction. The sale of OP tanks hopefully will be in decline if they are able to find other viable sources of monetization like selling skins or as you put it "unrealistic styles", but the community needs to support it and poor sales of average tanks pushes the development of tanks the community will buy.

 

As far as the complaints about tech tree tanks falling behind, keep in that it is being address and a massive rebalance is planned this year.



tod914 #9 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 18:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 62417 battles
  • 5,374
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
Next gimic? How about "rng boosters".  Or should I call them reducers.

VooDooKobra #10 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 9041 battles
  • 4,782
  • [MOVE] MOVE
  • Member since:
    04-23-2011

View Postmoosive, on Mar 24 2019 - 09:37, said:

This use to be the best game out there, over the past couple of years I've watched my favorite game decline and began trying new game's and why? Because it seems like WoT just keeps adding gimics and turning this into a pay to win game.  What do I mean by gimics? Fresh unrealistic paint jobs, merits, tokens, crazier and crazier holiday events (some are actually really good).  They keep introducing new OP tanks one at a time for sale and forgetting about updating older tanks.  The balance of the game is rapidly deteriorating and now with the latest update SPGs are becoming even more unplayable and unbalanced.

 

So what do you think the next update, gimic, or pay to win tank will be that will further ruin this once amazing game?  Or what would you do to re-balance this game, which tanks would you upgrade or nerf?

 

  funny thing is when a vehicle is op the players whine, when its balanced the players whine .   with the exception of a few notable tanks the game is not really a pay to win game, it may be a pay to advance through the tiers faster but there is very little you can use cash for to help you win

 

nonhistorical content, just click that little button that says do not show this stuff and you wont be bothered by it.  content, whether it be events, crews, skins, tank lines, is not a bad thing.  the merits are a good idea because especially at higher tiers if you get the blueprints you want it can save you quite a bit of xp to unlock a vehicle

 

btw when exactly was the game amazing?  when arty could oneshot a heavy?  when your tier 5 could see a tier 10?  maybe it was where one side could have 6 heavy tanks and the other side 3.  also as for updating older tanks didnt most of then get quite a few buffs over the last couple years?



I_QQ_4_U #11 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 19:20

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20800 battles
  • 5,223
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016
So cosmetic changes or things that make the game a bit easier without you required to really do anything for them are ruining the game? Adding content is ruining the game but not adding content will surely not garner any whining? Nothing is P2W with this game, that is most evidently proven every single game.

13Jake55 #12 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 20:19

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 19176 battles
  • 710
  • Member since:
    02-02-2017
Amphibious light tanks.

2MOEJOE #13 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 20:48

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 2995 battles
  • 250
  • Member since:
    11-28-2017
9.18 update ruined the game so let's just do away with the BS.Just intruduce MBTs like the M60a3 t72s and chieftains and be done with it.Heavy tanks don't carry anymore there just situational so WGs needs to stop acting like there actually are different tank classes when there really isn't we're already past the point of no return let's go FULL [edited].

Flarvin #14 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 20:56

    Major

  • Players
  • 53472 battles
  • 14,978
  • Member since:
    03-29-2013

View Posttod914, on Mar 24 2019 - 12:32, said:

Next gimic? How about "rng boosters".  Or should I call them reducers.

 

And reduce your max possible pen and damage? 

 

Not for me. 

 

Or reduce actual RNG, and make average pen/damage more likely than now. But keep +/-25% spread?



3bagsfull #15 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 21:14

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2713 battles
  • 870
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostVooDooKobra, on Mar 24 2019 - 18:11, said:

 

  funny thing is when a vehicle is op the players whine, when its balanced the players whine .   with the exception of a few notable tanks the game is not really a pay to win game, it may be a pay to advance through the tiers faster but there is very little you can use cash for to help you win

 

nonhistorical content, just click that little button that says do not show this stuff and you wont be bothered by it.  content, whether it be events, crews, skins, tank lines, is not a bad thing.  the merits are a good idea because especially at higher tiers if you get the blueprints you want it can save you quite a bit of xp to unlock a vehicle

 

btw when exactly was the game amazing?  when arty could oneshot a heavy?  when your tier 5 could see a tier 10?  maybe it was where one side could have 6 heavy tanks and the other side 3.  also as for updating older tanks didnt most of then get quite a few buffs over the last couple years?

 

It used to be pay to advance, but over the last 2 years it's pretty much pay to win now.     Tanks like the Scorpion G and LT-432 aren't "crew trainers", they are OP tanks where people put their best crews in them to be even more OP.    

moosive #16 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 21:16

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 17259 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    02-25-2013

nonhistorical content, just click that little button that says do not show this stuff and you wont be bothered by it.  content, whether it be events, crews, skins, tank lines, is not a bad thing.  the merits are a good idea because especially at higher tiers if you get the blueprints you want it can save you quite a bit of xp to unlock a vehicle.

 

It doesn't bother me, i find its just another useless gimmick to try and get people to play rather than put effort into keeping the game balanced and fun.

 



Exiledcrow #17 Posted Mar 24 2019 - 21:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 48216 battles
  • 2,033
  • [SABOT] SABOT
  • Member since:
    11-26-2011
Next gimmick will be a map, maybe stuck in a corner of the screen that will allow players to see where their team and lit enemies are. This special feature will allow people to plan and react according to the flow of battle and will be OP AF for players who understand this special voodoo.

Waarheid #18 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 01:09

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13989 battles
  • 301
  • Member since:
    09-30-2017

Earning gold for not whining. 

 



DEADTIME #19 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:18

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 12534 battles
  • 522
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
The top 20 clan members will get T-72's.....

the_Deadly_Bulb #20 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 05:31

    Major

  • Players
  • 25331 battles
  • 5,977
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
  • Member since:
    03-11-2014

View Posttod914, on Mar 24 2019 - 09:32, said:

Next gimic? How about "rng boosters".  Or should I call them reducers.

 

How about a magic ring for your gunner.

Defeats RNG.

Price yet to be determined, but it would be gold, lots of gold.

Movable between gunners, for additional gold, of course.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users