Jump to content


Why Tier VIII Premiums are Never Worth the Money

premium premium tanks purchase MM matchmaker

  • Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Ash_Canadian #1 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:08

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 63827 battles
  • 536
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    04-10-2014

For new or inexperienced players.

 

If you are a new player or fairly inexperienced, do not buy tier VIII tanks. If you are more experienced, then purchase with caution.

 

The way match maker provides your tier VIII tank with games is on a 3/5/7 template. You will be playing higher tier tanks 80% of the time. Claus even states the same in his Lansen C review video this weekend. He said it doesn't matter how good the stats of your tier VIII is, its facing higher tier vehicles the majority of time.

 

This weekend, while playing for the XP missions at tier VIII, I recorded the high tier in a number of matches just to see myself how MM gave me games.

 

I played 85 games with my tier VIII premiums, mix of all types. Here is the breakdown of the MM I received:

 

Top tier X -     35 = 41%

Top tier XI -    32 = 38% 

Top tier VIII -  18 = 21% ( 3 of those games were all tier VIII matches)

                       85 = 100%

While this is a small sample size, the data shows that when people empirically state that tier VIIIs get to play at top tier less than 20%, it is not far off the truth. 

 

Beware of this fact if you are buying tie VIII premium tanks.

 


Edited by Ash_Canadian, Mar 25 2019 - 03:09.


tod914 #2 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:19

    Major

  • Players
  • 64247 battles
  • 6,320
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
3 5 7 killed the golden egg. 

3bagsfull #3 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:26

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2713 battles
  • 916
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

Tier VIII Premiums serve one purpose, to play Frontlines to earn the Credits, Bond, Gold, etc - and because they are better than their Tech Tree counterparts and Frontlines is a single tier mode.   If someone has no intention of ever playing Frontlines for whatever reason, one would have to seriously question the sanity of a new player purchasing a Tier VIII Premium.   

 

WG has made no bones about it either, vehicles like the Scorp G and LT-432 have nowhere near the crew configuration of any of the Tech Tree tanks they'd otherwise be expected to be training up crews in.   These are tanks meant to put your best crew members in - not vice versa.



KingAuthur #4 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:30

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 2184 battles
  • 289
  • Member since:
    11-12-2012

if your new

move on from this

you cant believe anything wargaming says

all tank characteristics are all lies

it's all about making the Russian tank tree

the whole game centers around the Russian tank trees

they get all the upgrades



tanopasman62 #5 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:49

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 20642 battles
  • 4,294
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_
  • Member since:
    12-13-2016

You can't be bottom tier if you play tier 10 tanks.  :harp:

 

 



Metalkon #6 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:57

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Testers
  • 10156 battles
  • 917
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-30-2010
Preferential Tier 8 Premium Tanks

3bagsfull #7 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 03:58

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2713 battles
  • 916
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostMetalkon, on Mar 25 2019 - 02:57, said:

Preferential Tier 8 Premium Tanks

 

 

Yep, IS-6 for the win.......



Ortinoth_ #8 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:11

    Captain

  • Players
  • 27222 battles
  • 1,702
  • Member since:
    09-10-2011
that is with the current matchmaker system of 3 5 7 it hopefully will get better once the new MM that they are testing and working on gets implemented into the live servers 

mlinke #9 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 52827 battles
  • 1,480
  • [DD-S] DD-S
  • Member since:
    06-14-2011

I went to mdonalsd cause I saw their ad on tv. Burger was so big on tv I ordered one. I got this peanut side burger that a 3 year can not get enough to eat. I cant believe how people or companies can do that false advertising..

 

Bro.. life is a lie. If u do not like it u ll be disapointed. Deal with it.



Stevenwt #10 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:23

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 6546 battles
  • 889
  • Member since:
    04-17-2016

View Post3bagsfull, on Mar 24 2019 - 20:26, said:

Tier VIII Premiums serve one purpose, to play Frontlines to earn the Credits, Bond, Gold, etc - and because they are better than their Tech Tree counterparts and Frontlines is a single tier mode.   If someone has no intention of ever playing Frontlines for whatever reason, one would have to seriously question the sanity of a new player purchasing a Tier VIII Premium.   

 

WG has made no bones about it either, vehicles like the Scorp G and LT-432 have nowhere near the crew configuration of any of the Tech Tree tanks they'd otherwise be expected to be training up crews in.   These are tanks meant to put your best crew members in - not vice versa.

 

the KV5, jt88 t34 and is6. All are tanks at teir 8 that I think are teired too high.

 

Granted thoes may may have been bad drivers.


Edited by Stevenwt, Mar 25 2019 - 04:26.


VinnyI82 #11 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:40

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 37173 battles
  • 1,754
  • [POSHY] POSHY
  • Member since:
    07-23-2010

View Postmlinke, on Mar 24 2019 - 22:13, said:

I went to mdonalsd cause I saw their ad on tv. Burger was so big on tv I ordered one. I got this peanut side burger that a 3 year can not get enough to eat. I cant believe how people or companies can do that false advertising..

 

Bro.. life is a lie. If u do not like it u ll be disapointed. Deal with it.

 

horrible analogy.  go away.

SporkBoy #12 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:43

    Major

  • Players
  • 46976 battles
  • 2,717
  • [PZB] PZB
  • Member since:
    02-06-2014
Stronghold, frontlines and tournaments - there's more to this game than randoms.

I_QQ_4_U #13 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:51

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 22208 battles
  • 6,503
  • Member since:
    10-17-2016
I don't have any problem with them bottom tier or not.

3bagsfull #14 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 04:51

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 2713 battles
  • 916
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostStevenwt, on Mar 25 2019 - 03:23, said:

 

the KV5, jt88 t34 and is6. All are tanks at teir 8 that I think are teired too high.

 

Granted thoes may may have been bad drivers.

 

That KV-5 looked like a pinata in Frontlines.   I only saw a few and they got ripped to shreds by pretty much everybody, Lights, Mediums, airstrikes, it was equal opportunity wreckage.   

CeIestiaLudenberg #15 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 05:17

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 50 battles
  • 103
  • Member since:
    12-02-2018

Maybe it is just me, but personally I still do just fine with tier 8 tanks in this MM.

 

If you are going to play tier 8, it may as well be in a premium rather than a tech tree tank, that way you are getting something out of it.

 

Hell I managed to finish the T-34-2 grind using the 122mm with 1.9k DPG [Now dropped to 1.85k cause 3 marked by doing spotting and playing passive]

 

You may as well rename the thread to "Why tier 8 tanks in general are not worth it".



DEADTIME #16 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 06:28

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13310 battles
  • 616
  • [BETAS] BETAS
  • Member since:
    04-03-2011
Cough, Skorpion, Defender, 252u.....these 3 vehicles alone don't care what tier your facing. Yes MM is a joke but not all tier 8 premiums are average or less.

Jryder #17 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 06:33

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 13911 battles
  • 2,636
  • Member since:
    11-01-2010
Mine are always top tier in FL, so I am not seeing the problem.

CountingGeigers #18 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 06:37

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 60133 battles
  • 100
  • Member since:
    09-04-2015

View PostAsh_Canadian, on Mar 24 2019 - 19:08, said:

I played 85 games with my tier VIII premiums, mix of all types. Here is the breakdown of the MM I received:

 

Top tier X -     35 = 41%

Top tier XI -    32 = 38% 

Top tier VIII -  18 = 21% ( 3 of those games were all tier VIII matches)

                       85 = 100%

While this is a small sample size, the data shows that when people empirically state that tier VIIIs get to play at top tier less than 20%, it is not far off the truth. 

 

Beware of this fact if you are buying tie VIII premium tanks.

 

 

Just to validate your data, I have similar numbers, but from a larger sample size. 

All my tier 8 battles since version 9.18, excluding pref. MM tanks.   

 

Top tier X -     45.5%

Top tier XI -    31.6% (prem only), 30.1% (all)

Top tier VIII -  22.9% (prem only), 24.4% (all)

 

The breakdown.....

Types Battles 8 9 10 8 9 7 8 9 All 8 7 8 6 7 8
Premium 2463 45.5% 21.1% 10.6% 4.9% 2.8% 15.1%
Non Premium 6028 45.5% 17.4% 12.1% 4.7% 2.8% 17.5%
All 8491 45.5% 18.5% 11.6% 4.8% 2.8% 16.8%

 

The raw numbers.....

Types Battles 8 9 10 8 9 7 8 9 All 8 7 8 6 7 8
Premium 2463 1121 519 260 120 70 373
Non Premium 6028 2742 1050 729 285 170 1052
All 8491 3863 1569 989 405 240 1425

 

One reason to play premiums is to make credits, and tier 8 premiums make credits every game.  That is a good reason to buy them and play them.  They are also fun to play.

 



21Blackjack #19 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 07:01

    Major

  • Players
  • 20836 battles
  • 2,578
  • Member since:
    02-03-2012

They aren't worth the money, because whatever you buy is going to be redundant in 6 months.  There will be at least 3 new far more powerful tanks you will have to buy.  Then in another 6 months those will be redundant.  And the tanks you got originally, are now complete garbage.

 

 



That1Villain #20 Posted Mar 25 2019 - 07:10

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 25168 battles
  • 967
  • [WONKA] WONKA
  • Member since:
    01-15-2015

View PostStevenwt, on Mar 24 2019 - 21:23, said:

 

the KV5, jt88 t34 and is6. All are tanks at teir 8 that I think are teired too high.

 

Granted thoes may may have been bad drivers.

KV5, jt88, and IS6 all have preferred mm so no they're sitting just fine, I will agree though the T34 could use a mobility buff

View Post21Blackjack, on Mar 25 2019 - 00:01, said:

They aren't worth the money, because whatever you buy is going to be redundant in 6 months.  There will be at least 3 new far more powerful tanks you will have to buy.  Then in another 6 months those will be redundant.  And the tanks you got originally, are now complete garbage.

 

 

 

hardly, there are many tanks sold a while back that still do pretty well like the jagdtiger 88, STA-2, super pershing, and T-54 mod 1





Also tagged with premium, premium tanks, purchase, MM, matchmaker

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users