Blueprint's Random... but Balanced?

Blueprints Random Fragments Rewards

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

MakersMike #1 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 18:29

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3773 battles

First off, I want to say that I like the idea of these blue prints, and free stuff is always good.  

I'm just curious at the balance from account to account and what has been received in my recent experience with my account and my sons.  His account is newer, with only a couple of tier 8's.  My account is older with tier 10's etc.  I've played about twice as much as he has since the new patch.  We've compared battles, and they're very similar.  Nothing special for either of us.  I've received 1 specific frag for tier 5 french arty, and 12 universals, 3 nationals (Enough to make one frag for 3 different tier 4 tanks) or almost one frag for tier X with one more national if they were all same country.  

Here's what he's received so far:

Instant fragments for:

Tier               Tank             %           total exp savings

X           AMX 13105          7           18,270

X           Type 5 Heavy       7           18,029

IX          Emill II                  9           15,075

VII         St. Emil               12            5,208

VII         Chi Ri                  12           6,318

VI           Achilles               15            4,455

And one duplicate instant frag that automatically converts to a universal frag. 

Literally every one he's gotten has been an instant frag for specific tank.  No universals etc. 

I know you can use the universals for tanks you actually want, but the specific one's he's getting are much greater in value, and have been pretty spread out over different lines which is good for options I think.  Just one of those tier X frags costs about what I've already earned in total.

So I wondered it they're dropping better for newer accounts, or if this is just good luck by him so far.  I'm hoping in about a week or two the law of averages will even things out, but I thought this was quite a drastic difference. 

Anyone else seeing huge differences like this?

the_dude_76 #2 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 18:45

Major

• Players
  • 34339 battles
  • [GSRM] GSRM

As far as I've been able to tell everything is random which flies in the face of the idea that they'd be awarded for "merit" but whatever...

If your son has fewer tanks researched, which seems like a safe assumption, then his odds of getting tank fragments, as opposed to uni/nat fragments, is much higher. You've got more tanks researched so the odds that you'll get a blueprint for an already researched tank, which would then be converted to a uni or nat frag, is higher. So I wouldn't expect anything to even out, as long as you've got more tanks researched you'll get more of the uni/nat frags. The whole blueprint thing defintely has more value to newer players who don't have many tanks unlocked.

What I'd like to know is why can't they be combined with actual research. I've got several tanks that are well over half way researched, if I get a blueprint for one of those tanks it won't convert to a uni/nat but at the same time it will be worthless because it would take less time to finish the grind than it would to collect enough blueprints to complete it.

JakeTheMystic #3 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 18:46

Major

• Players
  • 25180 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

So far I've only gotten 2 universals and 1 national for the French.

Maus (X) - 1 

121 (X) - 1 

ST-I (IX) - 1

Indian Pz (VIII) - 1

Amx 50 100 (VIII) - 1 

EBR Hotchkiss (VII) - 1 

I've got every line up to tier 5 at least so I won't get the really low tier blueprints. Kind of surprised I got 2 tier 10 blueprints already and I was planning on grinding the Maus line pretty soon which is really neat. Kind of surprised i'm not getting more universal ones though, so far it's been basically all tank blueprints. 

Projectile_Misfired #4 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 38809 battles

OP, what I think happens is that all blueprints come as a random "tank specific" blueprint. And, if tank has already been fully researched, it gets auto-converted to a National or Universal flag. 

I haven't been able to figure out what criteria determines getting a National or Universal flag during the conversion. It's probably random also, with maybe a higher probability on getting a Universal over a National.

The National flag might be based on the "tank specific" flag being converted. But, haven't been able to make the correlation yet. 

the_Deadly_Bulb #5 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 29300 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

It was only a matter of time before we start to see threads of this nature.

Conspiratorial worries around the potential for someone else to be getting more AoM than they are, or better AoM than they are.

Its a WoT meme.

Nothing WG or anyone says or demonstrates is going to assuage these kinds of concerns either.

Some players just want to stay awake worrying that for some unknown reason WG is screwing them.

All indications are the AoM are dropped Randomly, without anything to do with how you played or are playing. Where you finish in any battle is irrelevant to the receipt of an AOM. While there is no definitive proof, it does seem the more you play the more you will get.

Some also maintain that team damage can delay the arrival of your next AoM somewhat.

I've received them when I finished on top, but I have also received them for matches where I was exited in the first 2 minutes with zero damage and finish absolute last.

I was getting multiples every day, then yesterday I didn't play so I got none. :hiding:

MakersMike #6 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 19:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3773 battles

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 26 2019 - 09:45, said:

As far as I've been able to tell everything is random which flies in the face of the idea that they'd be awarded for "merit" but whatever...

If your son has fewer tanks researched, which seems like a safe assumption, then his odds of getting tank fragments, as opposed to uni/nat fragments, is much higher. You've got more tanks researched so the odds that you'll get a blueprint for an already researched tank, which would then be converted to a uni or nat frag, is higher. So I wouldn't expect anything to even out, as long as you've got more tanks researched you'll get more of the uni/nat frags. The whole blueprint thing defintely has more value to newer players who don't have many tanks unlocked.

What I'd like to know is why can't they be combined with actual research. I've got several tanks that are well over half way researched, if I get a blueprint for one of those tanks it won't convert to a uni/nat but at the same time it will be worthless because it would take less time to finish the grind than it would to collect enough blueprints to complete it.

That's a good point about the odds.  I wasn't even thinking about that, so I think I need more coffee.   And now reading the information about it again, every reward is specific for a tank, and only converts to universal or national if the tank has been researched.  I was thinking it could just drop a universal reward for you randomly. 

It would be cool that if you received a specific frag for a tier X tank you have researched that it would be converted into the 12 universal frags it takes to make a tier X frag.  But I think you just get one universal no matter if it's converted from a tier 5 or 10.  That part sucks, and definitely rewards those with less high tiers researched a lot more.  Maybe they'll change that since they said this is still being tested and adjusted. 

MakersMike #7 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 19:14

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3773 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Mar 26 2019 - 09:58, said:

It was only a matter of time before we start to see threads of this nature.

Conspiratorial worries around the potential for someone else to be getting more AoM than they are, or better AoM than they are.

Its a WoT meme.

Nothing WG or anyone says or demonstrates is going to assuage these kinds of concerns either.

Some players just want to stay awake worrying that for some unknown reason WG is screwing them.

All indications are the AoM are dropped Randomly, without anything to do with how you played or are playing. Where you finish in any battle is irrelevant to the receipt of an AOM. While there is no definitive proof, it does seem the more you play the more you will get.

Some also maintain that team damage can delay the arrival of your next AoM somewhat.

I've received them when I finished on top, but I have also received them for matches where I was exited in the first 2 minutes with zero damage and finish absolute last.

I was getting multiples every day, then yesterday I didn't play so I got none. :hiding:

Certainly no conspiracy accusations.  Just maybe that the program needed tweaking.  But I was not understanding how it worked completely and as was mentioned above, I see now that of course the odds for specific tanks are higher if you have less tanks researched.  

I do have a theory about avatar's with skulls in them, but that will be discussed in the Anonymous Illuminate Deep State Shadow Syndicate meetings.

MakersMike #8 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 19:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3773 battles

View PostProjectile_Misfired, on Mar 26 2019 - 09:58, said:

OP, what I think happens is that all blueprints come as a random "tank specific" blueprint. And, if tank has already been fully researched, it gets auto-converted to a National or Universal flag. 

I haven't been able to figure out what criteria determines getting a National or Universal flag during the conversion. It's probably random also, with maybe a higher probability on getting a Universal over a National.

The National flag might be based on the "tank specific" flag being converted. But, haven't been able to make the correlation yet. 

Yup.  I just realized that, lol.  Thanks for the input though.  That being said, I'm almost to the Type 5 Heavy and the AMX 13105 and could have used those ones my son got.  So I think it's only fair that I temporarily ban him from the game simply out of principal. :-)

Silvers_ #9 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 22:24

Major

• Players
  • 50502 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A

I have gotten 1 Stuart 1-4, blueprint and 1  other tank specific blueprint, then 1 USA, 1 French and 1 German National and then 12 universal's. Then again I have 40 t10's researched (that includes 4 campaign tanks plus 2-3 that were removed and replaced that I got to keep). So that could explain why I got a ton of universal's

Took me 31 battles to go from 0-5 the 1st time. Seemed that 1-3 were about 5-6 battles each. and 4/5 were 10 battles each.

then took me 50+ battles to go from 0-5 the second time. Not played much since then. 

Edited by Silvers_, Mar 26 2019 - 22:27.

stevezaxx #10 Posted Mar 26 2019 - 22:24

Captain

• Players
  • 39915 battles
  • [COD] COD

View Postthe_dude_76, on Mar 26 2019 - 12:45, said:

It seems to me that if you get a frag for a tank you don't have researched, that reduces the xp required for that tank REGARDLESS of whether or not you are on the previous tank and have xp "dedicated" to the next tank (that you just got a frag for).

For example, you are on a tier 8. You have all the modules researched, and are accumulating xp for the tier 9. The tier 9 costs  100,000 xp, you have 50,000 and suddenly you get a frag for that tier 9... now it only needs 90,000 xp and you still have 50,000 so now you are only 40,000 away, instead of 50,000 away.

Am I wrong?

Loki1976 #11 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 14:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 23118 battles
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G
What is aggravating the hell out of me is I have 14 universals and only 3 national fragments...How the hell am I going to use the universals if I am not getting national frags? For instance, I need 3 German frags and 10 universal for 1 blueprint on the VK 45.02A...I have NO German frags...Its useless to me...They need to be randomizing MORE national frags into the mix

tanopasman62 #12 Posted Apr 07 2019 - 17:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 21434 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

I haven't been tracking what I got in detail but I remember getting blueprints for

- AT 15

- Whatever the tier 10 knock off TD is named.

- FV4005

- Conq Grand Cancer

- Centurion I

- EBR Hotch.

- M53/M55

- Leopard Proto x2

- Batchat 155 58

Other than the last three I have no interest on getting these things, but I got some useful stuff without doing anything in particular as well so I can't really complain about it.

Also tagged with Blueprints, Random, Fragments, Rewards

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users