Unicum needs help

im bad at this game pls help

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Texz #1 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 10:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11066 battles

2 questions because I can't find a definitive answer.

First: does firefighting skill help if you don't run fire extinguishers 

Second: If I have 500m view range, is only 455m counted and then subtracted with the enemy's camo or is it 500m minus enemy's camo as long as it's in the 455m range? 

Never thought about this and any video/guide doesn't really tell me anything or I'm just slow to understand...

Pls help

Edit: 2nd question made easier: The enemy has 10% camo rating, I have 500m view range so in my mind 500m - 50m = 450m meaning I should be able to spot him at 451m (best case scenario).

Edited by Texz, Mar 28 2019 - 10:29.

banziduck #2 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 11:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21343 battles

As for question 1 I have found that if the crew is trained for Fire fighting that the need for a extinguisher is reduced or not needed although it will help if you have both.  As for number 2 that one seems to be harder to answer your thought makes sense and seems plausible but I can't find any info to prove or disprove it.

Cheers

Mankoi #3 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 12:03

Captain

• Players
  • 48031 battles
  • [ELLAS] ELLAS

1. Yes, it extinguishes the fires quite pretty quickly if you have all crew trained for, you still loose some HP

2. if you have 500 view range you have better possibilty to spot someone at 445 , meaning you negate his camo value.

if you have lets say 600 vie range you can spot a light tank at the open at 445 , certainly all the heavies or meds

Awestryker #4 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 12:23

Major

• Players
  • 25861 battles

Yes, fire fighting skill does work without extinguishers...I tend to never build up fire fighting skill though unless nothing else good or very skilled crew...

4Tankersanddog did a lot of visibilty and camo testing way back and in a number of different ways...might be something useful to watch those...

I do believe (99.99% sure actually) that your vision negates their camo, so additional vision over max is never a bad thing unless at expense of something more important...

Texz #5 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 13:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11066 battles

Ok then based on these answers I guess it was just my brain playing with me...

1. It seemd like I took way too much dmg with 3/4 crew members on 100% firefighting

2. My view range isn't enough.

Tank for reference: m46 patton with BIA, cola, 480m view range, 25% camo, 3/4 members with 100% firefighting, Improved vents and improved rammer.

Thanks for your input

__WarChild__ #6 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 13:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 30795 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostTexz, on Mar 28 2019 - 03:16, said:

Second: If I have 500m view range, is only 455m counted and then subtracted with the enemy's camo or is it 500m minus enemy's camo as long as it's in the 455m range? 

Never thought about this and any video/guide doesn't really tell me anything or I'm just slow to understand...

Pls help

Edit: 2nd question made easier: The enemy has 10% camo rating, I have 500m view range so in my mind 500m - 50m = 450m meaning I should be able to spot him at 451m (best case scenario).

View PostTexz, on Mar 28 2019 - 06:09, said:

Ok then based on these answers I guess it was just my brain playing with me...

1. It seemd like I took way too much dmg with 3/4 crew members on 100% firefighting

2. My view range isn't enough.

Tank for reference: m46 patton with BIA, cola, 480m view range, 25% camo, 3/4 members with 100% firefighting, Improved vents and improved rammer.

Thanks for your input

I have been running Food instead of Extinguisher as my 3rd consumable with the Firefighting Directive (that I have so many of now).  In an Advance the other night, I got set on fire and it burned WAY LONGER than I thought it would.  With 4 crew members at 100% Firefighting and the 5th at 85%, I thought that Firefighting Directive would extinguish a fire like an Auto-Extinguisher.  I was VERY WRONG.  I guess it just reduces the time, but not enough in my opinion.

Texz #7 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 13:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11066 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Mar 28 2019 - 13:35, said:

I have been running Food instead of Extinguisher as my 3rd consumable with the Firefighting Directive (that I have so many of now).  In an Advance the other night, I got set on fire and it burned WAY LONGER than I thought it would.  With 4 crew members at 100% Firefighting and the 5th at 85%, I thought that Firefighting Directive would extinguish a fire like an Auto-Extinguisher.  I was VERY WRONG.  I guess it just reduces the time, but not enough in my opinion.

Exactly this... i watched some videos and it seemd like firefighting skill helps a lot...

Really decieving now that I look at it... got set on fire 3 times yesterday while trying to mark my m46..

Stormer100 #8 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 13:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15754 battles
  • [PRGY] PRGY
I'm pretty sure as the name suggests, the skill is only to fight fires, not prevent them. So they last for less ticks than they normally would.

TheGame_ #9 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 14:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38075 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

Hey idiot. 

To answer your first question, training your crew for firefighting isn't a high priority, normally 4th or 5th skill (depending on nation of course). If your crew is trained to 100%, you take less damage per tick of fire damage, and burn for less total time. 

Protip: if you are on fire, stop moving. It goes out quicker. <--Fact.

I'll answer your second question, but only if u call me daddy.

__WarChild__ #10 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 30795 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostStormer100, on Mar 28 2019 - 06:54, said:

I'm pretty sure as the name suggests, the skill is only to fight fires, not prevent them. So they last for less ticks than they normally would.

Well, 2 or 3 Mississippi is too long in my opinion.

dunniteowl #11 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 30253 battles

View PostTexz, on Mar 28 2019 - 03:16, said:

Pls help

First:  Here is the Global Wiki -- Crew response to your question:

The Firefighting Skill improves the crew member's ability to put out a fire, should a vehicle ever be unlucky enough to be in such a situation. The Firefighting Skill takes effect immediately when the vehicle catches fire. The higher the Training Level for this Skill, the faster a fire is put out and the less the amount of damage per second the fire does to the vehicle before it is extinguished. The Firefighting Skill does NOT reduce the chances of a vehicle catching on fire in the first place. The Firefighting Skill is a common Skill which each one of the crew members on a single vehicle may acquire. The effective Firefighting Skill Training Level is averaged across the entire crew. If only one crewman in a crew of 4 has this Skill at 80% Training Level then the effectiveness upon the vehicle's fire fighting performance is (80+0+0+0)/4 or 20%.

Firefighting Skills are more useful for large vehicles that can stand to take some damage before being utterly destroyed, but purchasing the player controlled and consumable Manual or Automatic Fire Extinguisher is generally more effective in preventing fire from spreading to other modules or destroying the vehicle.

Second:  Here is the Global Wiki -- Battle Mechanics (linked at Spotting and Vision) response for your question

Spotting Range

Spotting Range is the maximum distance at which you will detect/spot an enemy tank if you have line of sight.

Minimum Spotting Range

You will always spot any vehicle that comes within 50m of you, regardless of line of sight. Because you do not need line of sight, this is also called proximity spotting, and can be used on certain maps to spot enemies going past a choke-point without actually being exposed to them.

Maximum Spotting Range

You can never spot a vehicle further away than 445m, the game engine performs no spotting checks past this boundary.

Note that unlike draw distance limits, spotting range limits are the same in all directions (think of a virtual bubble instead of a cube).

Calculating Spotting Range

Spotting Range is not a fixed value particular to your tank, but depends on the target you are spotting, its current position and situation. In other words, as many different individual spotting ranges are calculated by the server for your tank as there are targets within the minimum and maximum spotting ranges to you. For each target the spotting range is calculated individually according to the following formula:

Equation_spottingRange.png

If your spotting range to a vehicle equals or exceeds your distance to that vehicle, and you have line of sight, or if the vehicle is within the minimum spotting range, you will spot it. Otherwise it remains hidden to you unless spotted by another vehicle on your team that you are in radio communication with.

See above for how effective view range can be calculated. Camouflage mechanics are explained below.

You seem to have the basics of it, though I am not immediately certain if your calculations are correct.  The above Linked section in the Battle mechanics should provide you with a clearer picture of the above quoted basic calculation.  Of course, how do you know the Red Unit's Camo Factor, so this is always going to be an "on-the-fly" sort of crapshoot when it comes to knowing how soon you will spot a vehicle with camo+concealment in any given situation.

In your above example you would or should spot the vehicle as long as LOS is not blocked right at the 445m Spotting Range limit.  Beyond 445m the Engine DOES NOT DO ANY Spotting Checks.

The camo/concealment factor of your opponent is essentially 'debuffed' a bit for each meter you go above 445m on your spotting range.  In short, the better your spotting range as measured in meters, the more likely you are to spot an opponent from further away, using the additional (past 445m) spotting range to 'blast' through their concealment value.  Of course, the better their camo/concealment factor (based on:  Moving/Still concealment value + Effective Crew Concealment Value + Camo Paint Skin + Concealment Factor of foliage) the closer to you they can get.

As your Spotting Range exceeds the 445m range, the Concealment Value total of the Red Unit is reduced accordingly.  In such a situation you would be 'blasting' through their concealment value overall a bit for every meter past 445m.  This doesn't mean you are going to spot them at 445m.  It might mean, though, the difference between spotting them at 320m normally (if your spotting range was AT 445m, say) versus being able to blast past their value and now spot them at 380m, for example (and this is just that, an example, not based on math or anything quantitatively derived, though used for purposes of illustration only).

Hope that helps and is clear.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

SacherMasoc #12 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8772 battles
How much did you pay for the account?

GeorgePreddy #13 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:31

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostTexz, on Mar 28 2019 - 06:16, said:

First: does firefighting skill help if you don't run fire extinguishers     YES... definitely

Second: If I have 500m view range, is only  455m  445m  counted and then subtracted with the enemy's camo or is it 500m minus enemy's camo as long as it's in the  455m  445 range? 

Here's the actual way to calculate your tank's exact spotting distance ability (which is calculated in this way against each individual enemy tank in the battle):

Take YOUR view range and subtract 50 (the constant), then multiply by the ENEMY concealment value (including bushes/trees where appropriate), then divide that by 100.  Finally subtract that answer from YOUR view range.  Now you have your spotting distance verses that particular enemy (It can NEVER be more than 445).

So, for example:  View of 570 minus 50 = 520 x concealment of 15 = 7800 divided by 100 = 78, subtract 78 from 570 = 492, which is higher than the max spotting distance of 445... so the answer is 445.

Another example, using poor view and good camo:

400 - 50 = 350 x 38 = 13,300 divided by 100 = 133 from 400 = 267 which is less than 445, so 267m is how close you'd have to be in this case.

TheGame_ #14 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38075 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU
Also, did you buy the account? Odds are you aren't the original owner that's a unicum without understanding spotting mechanics ever.

Texz #15 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11066 battles

View PostSacherMasoc, on Mar 28 2019 - 15:29, said:

How much did you pay for the account?

So far spent around $150 in 7 years of ownership. Thanks for asking.

View PostStormer100, on Mar 28 2019 - 13:54, said:

I know it won't prevent fires.

View PostTheGame__, on Mar 28 2019 - 14:03, said:

Hey idiot. 

To answer your first question, training your crew for firefighting isn't a high priority, normally 4th or 5th skill (depending on nation of course). If your crew is trained to 100%, you take less damage per tick of fire damage, and burn for less total time. 

Protip: if you are on fire, stop moving. It goes out quicker. <--Fact.

I'll answer your second question, but only if u call me daddy.

Oi m8, u avin a giggle?

I run firefighting cuz I have 5 skills on my trash m46 and run Cola all day everyday. I guess I should stop moving towards enemies with my rear.

Texz #16 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11066 battles

View PostTheGame__, on Mar 28 2019 - 15:46, said:

Also, did you buy the account? Odds are you aren't the original owner that's a unicum without understanding spotting mechanics ever.

I am the original owner. I just never used firefighting until now and sometimes im baffled that 480-490 view range isn't enough to spot a Maus in the middle of the open so I needed extra clarification.

Also, I preffer being called a reroll, Thanks.

TheGame_ #17 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:50

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38075 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostTexz, on Mar 28 2019 - 09:48, said:

So far spent around $150 in 7 years of ownership. Thanks for asking.

I know it won't prevent fires.

Oi m8, u avin a giggle?

I run firefighting cuz I have 5 skills on my trash m46 and run Cola all day everyday. I guess I should stop moving towards enemies with my rear.

no giggle, honestly. Look it up. If you stop moving the fire goes out faster.

Texz #18 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11066 battles
A bought account wouldn't have trash stats in his lower tiers and played 1000 battles in my 2nd T10 without 3moe it.

TheGame_ #19 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38075 battles
  • [MAHOU] MAHOU

View PostTexz, on Mar 28 2019 - 09:51, said:

A bought account wouldn't have trash stats in his lower tiers and played 1000 battles in my 2nd T10 without 3moe it.

​then the req's to be a uni have gone wayyy down over the years.

Texz #20 Posted Mar 28 2019 - 15:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11066 battles

View PostTheGame__, on Mar 28 2019 - 15:53, said:

​then the req's to be a uni have gone wayyy down over the years.

You can see my first t10 stats being the e100 that I haven't played in 5 years and compare to fresh reqs.

Also tagged with im, bad, at, this, game, pls, help

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users