What determines these stats? or should I ask... who?

grille 15 grille15 stats traverse he high explosive highexplosive panther rhm

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

DZGunner #21 Posted Mar 29 2019 - 21:25

Private

• Players
  • 27077 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

View PostAppleTank8, on Mar 29 2019 - 11:39, said:

1) HE shells: Partially caliber, partially if they decide to give the tank a gimmick. For some tanks, that extra powerful HE shells.

2) Traverse: All TDs have craptraverse, this is not news. You want better turning, don't play TDs. Whether or not the tank IRL could turn well is irrelevant. The only thing historically modeled is the tank model, and even that's a crapshoot sometimes.

So why would 2 guns of the same caliber, have different penetration values, with the one mounted on the t8 being greater?

Claiming all TD's have crap traverse is ignorant and incorrect. For the sake of fair comparison, The T110E4, Obj 268, FV4005, Foch B, WZ-113G FT, and STRV 103B all have better traverse than the Grille 15 at the same tier. The Grille still has the best specific power of all the tanks I just named. 

I think a few of you are missing the point I'm making, I'm saying that the panther tank at tier 7, which is in the game, has a certain value for its traverse, why would a tank that shares the same chassis, at 3 tiers higher, have anything less than what it has? Why would it not at least be the same?

The comparison is the same for the JP-E100 and E100. They both share the same chassis and HP value, but the JP weighs more, therefor the traverse is less, and although it sucks, i can live with that because it's at least consistent. I'm not asking anyone to craft an E100 chassis and spin it in circles in real life and try to measure how many degrees per second it's able to rotate... Just like I'm not asking anyone to do the same for a panther. I'm saying the game has set values that are not being applied consistently according to their own rules.

For anyone not following...

JP and E100 share share the same chassis and HP, JP weighs more. Outcome: JP turns slower

Panther and Grille 15 share the same chassis, Grille has more HP and less weight. Outcome: Grille turns significantly slower

Edited by DZGunner, Mar 29 2019 - 21:45.

DZGunner #22 Posted Mar 29 2019 - 21:30

Private

• Players
  • 27077 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

More in game screen shots to help visualize this for people.

truevalue.jpg

Wrathin #23 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 01:00

Private

• -Players-
  • 238 battles

You're trying to use the historical notes from the wiki as an argument for why the Grille should be changed in-game, that's an inherently doomed argument.

At what point did he mention anything from a wiki? He's only speaking from the context of the game and its rules governing the stats of vehicles.

Also tagged with grille, 15, grille15, stats, traverse, he, high explosive, highexplosive, panther, rhm

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users