Has the most recent update of WoT caused a massive FPS drop for anyone else?

fps lag portal download

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Bulbajer #1 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 03:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6611 battles
  • [TECHW] TECHW

If it matters, I'm playing on the NA server.

Tonight I decided to try out WoT Classic, and in order to do so I was prompted to download the Wargaming Game Center portal. Sadly, Classic is down at the moment, so I settled for playing regular WoT. But downloading the portal apparently updated my regular WoT file as well. Once the game fully loaded, I noticed a very visible drop in FPS. Tried playing a match, and it was almost unplayable.

Lowering the graphics settings to Low or Minimum (I was on Medium) fixes the FPS problem, but it also makes the game look horrible. I've been playing WoT at Medium graphics settings for two years, and never had problems with FPS. So my conclusion is that the latest update (1.4.1.1297 according to the launcher) requires a heck of a lot more hard drive space. If so, that really sucks, because my laptop is supposed to be a gaming laptop! One of the reasons I got it was specifically because my old laptop couldn't handle World of Tanks, and now it seems like I might have to get a new one again to keep playing (either that or settle for crappy graphics). Please tell me I'm missing something.

P.S. When exactly did the latest update release? I know one was released yesterday (the 28th) that introduced the magic portal thingy (and doggy) in the background of the garage. I had no problem playing yesterday. Was there another mini-update today with the opening of WoT Classic? I'm assuming so, because otherwise my above theory about the FPS drop doesn't make much sense.

Laptop details:

Dell Inspiron 7559 running Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Processor: Intel Core i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors

Installed Physical Memory: 8 GB

Total Physical Memory: 7.87 GB

Available Physical Memory: 2.85 GB

Total Virtual Memory: 11.3 GB

Available Virtual Memory: 3.18 GB

darkhorsey #2 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 03:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34788 battles
I had no interest in playing Classic, so I didn't do that download. The update hasn't changed my FPS at all, and I play NA server also. Looking at your laptop specs, your physical memory is on the low side, and with this game the graphics card is everything.

Edited by darkhorsey, Mar 30 2019 - 03:12.

fire589 #3 Posted Apr 26 2019 - 03:50

Private

• -Players-
  • 10677 battles
  • [_1ST_] _1ST_

My WOT updated today to 1.4.1.1334, and once I entered into the game my FPS are now 2 or 3, and the game is unplayable. How do I fix this issue? Before download game was fine. Any help would be great.

John

Blood04 #4 Posted Apr 28 2019 - 05:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 3549 battles
  • [3V] 3V

I had the exact issue as the OP and its beyond frustrating. My internet connection is good, my computer is pretty decent and after i downloaded classic my FPS went from 60's PLUS to single digits.. The game went to hell in a hand basket and it has made me so freakin frustrated i have almost quit playing entirely. I downloaded the HD 'version' of the game and ran my graphics on "ULTRA" until the classic download and now i have to run it on minimum to even play, which - as previously stated above - SUCKS!

My was new at xmas, and now i don't know whether to blame WG or the PC.. I have  hard time blaming the PC since it plays literally any other game at max settings with no problems... I basically uninstalled classic immediately.. No change.. Uninstalled the game and reinstalled.. No change.. I'm not sure if i need to go through the painful process of deleting ALL of WG's games, and the loader and go from there or what...

i5-8600k overclocked (3.6 stock)

GTX 1060 6gb

Z370 board

16g ddr4 ram

game is stored on my 256g SSD

overclocked on the power and memory sides as well..

makalu2k6 #5 Posted May 06 2019 - 03:55

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 67271 battles
  • [CHKRA] CHKRA
Any solution to this issue. I am also running on laptop with better than OP's specs. Till 1.5 it worked fine. But after downloading 1.5 everything went for a toss. Ping goes from 70 to 120 and FPS drops from 80 to single digit. 

Special_k_side #6 Posted May 11 2019 - 23:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 32865 battles
  • [G-R] G-R
FPS Dropped for me to unplayable levels May 10 after 12 Noon PST. Update came down today and did nothing. I even adjusted my video to basic and still low FPS. Bot NA and SA Servers.

Also tagged with fps, lag, portal, download

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users