KV-122

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 20:08

Major

• -Players-
  • 29463 battles

Howdy Tankers,

So with the Twitch Prime Charlie package, I received a 14 day trial of the KV-122.  Unfortunately, I can't really review whether the tank is any good at Tier VII.  I've played 4 games in it, 3 of those games were against Tier IX's with distorted teams and I lost all 3.  I can say from those games that the tank has trouble against T95s and Type 4s - and also the unicum Tier IX Skoda player that killed 1/2 our team.

I did manage to get 1 game where I was middle tier and even though it never bounced a shot against Tier VI or Tier VIII tanks it delivered some nice alpha.

Whether the tank is any good or not is irrelevant to me now.  There are no Tier VII competitive team events that I know of and I already have plenty of Russian heavy crew trainers.  It might be a solid tank but it's not OP by any means which is the standard that a tank must meet for me to buy it these days.  If, at the end of the 14 day rental, the "discounted" price for the tank is under $5 then I MIGHT get it.  I'll update this post at that time.

This post is really to get YOUR thoughts about the tank and whether you've had good or bad experiences. 

Thank you for your time and attention.

__WarChild__

GenPanzer #2 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 20:12

Major

• Players
  • 43775 battles

Under $5, lol. You know that's not gonna happen, right?

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 20:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 29463 battles

View PostGenPanzer, on Mar 30 2019 - 13:12, said:

Under $5, lol. You know that's not gonna happen, right?

Yes, I do. ;)

After posting, I found this 2017 post: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/561497-the-kv-122-bundles/

It did seem pretty quick for a heavy and no armor.

Edited by __WarChild__, Mar 30 2019 - 20:20.

PapioTitan #4 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 20:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 44533 battles
Fought it once as top tier on Lake-something map. Went city and faced T-29, HT 6, and Tiger X. Sidescrapped an overexposed T-29 and it bounced the one shot he took on me. Took out the other two rather easily. It was better than I expected and liked the way it moved. I might be inclined to fight it like a medium in anything but top tier.

BabA_YA6A #5 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 20:53

Captain

• Players
  • 26352 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG

In my opinion it is a KV-85 with more HP at Tier VII.

The worst part is with the current 3-5-7 abysmal matchmaking you be about 80% of the time bottom tier.

I guess I don't need to draw a picture what that means having meh premium pen and the mediocre armor of the vehicle is not really helping the cause.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #6 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 21:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7887 battles
A good rule is never play bad Tier 7's lol, Tier 9 is where the dpm gets crazy high iirc and you get ripped to shreds, i bought an IS-2 Berlin and it's a good crew trainer but less enjoyable than i thought it would be, best crew trainer is probably IS-6 but i don't have one, cheapest Russian crew trainer would be Churchill 3 or KV-220, but Church 3 is kind of unbearable for me...about the KV-122 tho i'm not even going to touch it if i get the Twitch package Charlie, the Lorr 40t on the other hand, i can't wait to try it out.

Gothraul #7 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 22:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 2345 battles
Got it on my main and it is ok but not great when compared to other tier 7 heavies even the vk45.03 might be better by a slim margin. Those who still miss the old KV1S are going to be disappointed if they are not already. When given the opportunity the IS2 Berlin and IS-2M are much better tanks for the money.

F1O1 #8 Posted Mar 30 2019 - 22:08

Captain

• Players
  • 60 battles
  • [SAMUS] SAMUS

View Post__WarChild__, on Mar 30 2019 - 19:08, said:

Howdy Tankers,

So with the Twitch Prime Charlie package, I received a 14 day trial of the KV-122.  Unfortunately, I can't really review whether the tank is any good at Tier VII.  I've played 4 games in it, 3 of those games were against Tier IX's with distorted teams and I lost all 3.  I can say from those games that the tank has trouble against T95s and Type 4s - and also the unicum Tier IX Skoda player that killed 1/2 our team.

I did manage to get 1 game where I was middle tier and even though it never bounced a shot against Tier VI or Tier VIII tanks it delivered some nice alpha.

Whether the tank is any good or not is irrelevant to me now.  There are no Tier VII competitive team events that I know of and I already have plenty of Russian heavy crew trainers.  It might be a solid tank but it's not OP by any means which is the standard that a tank must meet for me to buy it these days.  If, at the end of the 14 day rental, the "discounted" price for the tank is under $5 then I MIGHT get it.  I'll update this post at that time.

This post is really to get YOUR thoughts about the tank and whether you've had good or bad experiences. 

Thank you for your time and attention.

__WarChild__

lt does have better aim-time and dispersion stats than lS2 Berlin and lS2M. lt also has considerably better HP/T and top speed. And +10m view range. l however don't like it and KV85 lose the radioman from KV1S though, as you basically lose access to situational awareness. Situational awareness and the +10 would make it a sensibly stronger spotter than usual lS tanks. 

And then comes the flaws. Considerably less armour than lS series tanks, less HP available, regulates it to trading and medium tank roles instead of attacking positions. Despite aim-time and dispersion benefits, you still have the god awful potato velocity, pen, and accuracy. Considerable DPM loss from lS tanks too, around 150 less.

l would rate it 6/10.  Comparable to VK4503 or Eagle. No where near an E25, SU12244, or Type 62

oldewolfe #9 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 16:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 22048 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Like a Majority of the IS Line, it's a Bloated Medium.....      Play it like that and all should be Good....

Comparing the Reload of the KV122 vs the KV85 with the 122, it's alot better overall....      I have a few days left to Play with it, and I did like my KV85 when I had the 122 on it.....      If I had the Money, I'd probably get it, but since it's a Rental this one has no Equipment, Camo, and just the Basic Consumables....      Hard to get a good Read without all the Usual Gear... 

Also tagged with KV-122

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users