Wot Classic - Best tanks?

Best Tanks Wot Classic Classic old school

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

MakersMike #1 Posted Mar 31 2019 - 16:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3426 battles

First off, this was a great idea.  If you do it again, please consider giving NA it's own server for this so we don't suffer the ping issue and can enjoy it like EU and Russia.

To anyone who hasn't logged back in, today they added 2,200 gold, 200,000 credits and 15k free xp to your totals.  Able to research a lot more tanks.  

Just wondering if anyone has noticed what tanks are still OP in the wot classic game. I got the T-50-2.  Haven't played yet, but ping delay will take some fun away I'm sure.  Also thinking of grabbing the S-51 arty.  Not fond of arty, but I remember back in the day having fun playing this one as a TD and crushing some tanks!  Try it out. Wondering if the KV-1S is like it was.  Any suggestions on tanks you've found to be solid in this, please let me know.  

BTW, anyone notice the guns being way more inaccurate than dispersion would indicate?  Maybe it's just not being caught up to the server reticle with the ping delay, but seems pretty bad.  

Da_Craw #2 Posted Mar 31 2019 - 16:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 27192 battles
  • [DOG5] DOG5

I had several shots that were fully aimed at a stationary target that filled 95% of my reticle miss entirely.  Hitting a moving target was a total crapshoot.  The ping says 130ish, but it is more like 400. 

The biggest issue for me was not being able to see the shell.

To actually answer the original question; Tiger P and the Maus were fun.

Edited by Da_Craw, Mar 31 2019 - 16:56.

Imspotting #3 Posted Mar 31 2019 - 17:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29587 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 31 2019 - 16:23, said:

First off, this was a great idea.  If you do it again, please consider giving NA it's own server for this so we don't suffer the ping issue and can enjoy it like EU and Russia.

To anyone who hasn't logged back in, today they added 2,200 gold, 200,000 credits and 15k free xp to your totals.  Able to research a lot more tanks.  

Just wondering if anyone has noticed what tanks are still OP in the wot classic game. I got the T-50-2.  Haven't played yet, but ping delay will take some fun away I'm sure.  Also thinking of grabbing the S-51 arty.  Not fond of arty, but I remember back in the day having fun playing this one as a TD and crushing some tanks!  Try it out. Wondering if the KV-1S is like it was.  Any suggestions on tanks you've found to be solid in this, please let me know.  

BTW, anyone notice the guns being way more inaccurate than dispersion would indicate?  Maybe it's just not being caught up to the server reticle with the ping delay, but seems pretty bad.  

I was chatting in game. it seems the EU/RU people were also suffering.

Mikosah #4 Posted Mar 31 2019 - 17:27

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles
The old sigma value for shot distribution in the reticle was very weird. Roughly 20% of shots actually end up outside of the circle during calculations, which meant it would end up on the very rim of the circle in-game. So even if the target does in fact occupy 95% of the circle, there's still at least a 20% chance the shot will miss all the same. Generally, all guns suffer because of this. Some may claim that it makes the 'accurate' guns more viable, but instead having more penetration, less aim time, or a higher fire rate are better insurance policies against this problem than actual base accuracy.

MakersMike #5 Posted Mar 31 2019 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3426 battles

Agree with all points.  And I found it nearly impossible to enjoy the T-50-2 with the lag.  And I don't think it was as OP during this version either.  Maybe the buffed it a little after this.  The acceleration was really slow and it took a while to get up to speed.  But any map with obstacles in your way was a challenge with like a 2 second delay from when I try to turn and it actually turning. 

KV-1S was fun and did some nice damage.  Sadly Arty is the easiest thing to play with the lag, and yes the S-51 is kind of a beast. 

I heard EU ping is almost as bad as ours, but that RU is pretty good I heard.  An English guy was playing from Russia and mentioned it was like 60-70..  Probably why it's 99% Russians on the playing.

Imspotting #6 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 00:05

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29587 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostMakersMike, on Mar 31 2019 - 18:32, said:

Agree with all points.  And I found it nearly impossible to enjoy the T-50-2 with the lag.  And I don't think it was as OP during this version either.  Maybe the buffed it a little after this.  The acceleration was really slow and it took a while to get up to speed.  But any map with obstacles in your way was a challenge with like a 2 second delay from when I try to turn and it actually turning. 

KV-1S was fun and did some nice damage.  Sadly Arty is the easiest thing to play with the lag, and yes the S-51 is kind of a beast. 

I heard EU ping is almost as bad as ours, but that RU is pretty good I heard.  An English guy was playing from Russia and mentioned it was like 60-70..  Probably why it's 99% Russians on the playing.

It wasn't the ping it was the server lag i was getting very playable 115 ms ping but in reality with server lag it was close to a full second lag. RU was probably suffering just as much.

MakersMike #7 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 15:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3426 battles

View PostImspotting, on Mar 31 2019 - 15:05, said:

It wasn't the ping it was the server lag i was getting very playable 115 ms ping but in reality with server lag it was close to a full second lag. RU was probably suffering just as much.

I don't think you can say it wasn't the ping.  Perhaps it is a combination but my ping is at 150, and with latency like that there will almost always be server lag related to it.  And anything at 115 ping will likely lag more than something around 20.  So the servers may have issues, but the ping also plays a part. so I'm sure that when I factor in my ping on top of the common lag, it is worse than someone in RU with good ping. 

I see RU players zipping around in their T-50-2's between buildings and such with no problems.  And I see NA and EU players running into walls.  But maybe that's just because you can drive tanks better when you're drinking Vodka :-)

MUMBLESRUMBLES #8 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 18:23

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49426 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
be very aware, many Russian players will tk you.

MUMBLESRUMBLES #9 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 18:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49426 battles
  • [TAC-E] TAC-E
also note, that the use of illegal mods is rampant in classic mod. and ru eu players will tk you

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users