Tank Madness: Tier VI Round Robin Results!

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Jambijon #1 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 19:53

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 3630 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Greetings Tankers!

The Tank Madness has concluded!  I bet you'll never guess which nation won...

1. U.S.S.R.
2. Japan
3. U.S.A.
4. Germany
5. U.K.
6. France
7. Italy
8. TIE: Poland & Sweden
9. China
10. Czechoslovakia

So, players that picked U.S.S.R at the start of the event will receive the special mission on Apr. 5-8, 04:20 PT | 06:20 CT | 07:20 ET.  

REWARDS: CONDITIONS: RESTRICTIONS:

×2 XP

Be one of the top 10 XP earners on your team in a battle

• First Victory does not count
  • Must be in a Soviet Tier VI vehicle
  • Must have played for the U.S.S.R. via redemption code and earned at least one (1) token during the event
  • Random Battles only
  • Repeatable

Now, for those who participated in this event, what did you think?  Did the time-frames for each nation bug you like it did for me?  Anything you would change or something you would add to this type of mission format? 

Atragon #2 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 42796 battles
Im not sure at to when we were supposed to choose a nation.

roestreyev #3 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 42243 battles
  • [SKORP] SKORP
Nice!

DiomedesRS6 #4 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24060 battles

I think it would have been foolish to choose any other nation than USSR, given this game's inherent bias both mechanically and jingoistically.

However, even if I had been less of a rebel (I chose Germany) I still would have wanted more of a reward to put a serious effort into the event.  If you would have offered us an MKA, or an M22 Locust, or a few female crew members, for example, I would have chosen USSR and I would have kept the times on my calendar to seriously play and try to win tokens.

As it was, when I learned that we get an x2 Weekend for Tier VI's Only -- well, I wiped those blocks right off of my calendar and played one match and was done with the event for good.

Gargoyle_UR #5 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22412 battles
  • [-UR] -UR

BIG FREAKING SURPRISE..........

Russia is on top. Gee who saw that coming......lame

Wolfskrieger #6 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:22

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27911 battles
  • [GSH] GSH
My opinion is that the reward was way too little to justify putting any serious effort into it. I would have gotten more clan members on board (For Germany) had we been given a Tier 6 premium of our choice for example. What kind of a reward is this anyway? Double XP who cares? Also, if there was a counter for who was in the lead etc, that would have been nice. All in all Wargaming, I rate this event as a 0/10. Absolutely pathetic effort. That's like completing a Tier X grind to be given x5 free Fire Extinguishers.

DrWho_ #7 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 21889 battles

View PostJambijon, on Apr 01 2019 - 19:53, said:

Greetings Tankers!

The Tank Madness has concluded!  I bet you'll never guess which nation won...

1. U.S.S.R.
2. Japan
3. U.S.A.
4. Germany
5. U.K.
6. France
7. Italy
8. TIE: Poland & Sweden
9. China
10. Czechoslovakia

So, players that picked U.S.S.R at the start of the event will receive the special mission on Apr. 5-8, 04:20 PT | 06:20 CT | 07:20 ET.  

REWARDS: CONDITIONS: RESTRICTIONS:

×2 XP

Be one of the top 10 XP earners on your team in a battle

• First Victory does not count
  • Must be in a Soviet Tier VI vehicle
  • Must have played for the U.S.S.R. via redemption code and earned at least one (1) token during the event
  • Random Battles only
  • Repeatable

Now, for those who participated in this event, what did you think?  Did the time-frames for each nation bug you like it did for me?  Anything you would change or something you would add to this type of mission format? 

I appreciate you guys doing smaller events like these that can be done in a more casual manner and I actually enjoyed getting extra crew XP on my AMX 12t

However, whoever came up with that silly split time thing ?

Why not just have the time slot run from server reset to server reset on the day in question so that everyone could participate no matter their work/school/whatever schedule, why does these things end up being more complicated than they need to be ?

IceOtter #8 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 59207 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
I'm VERY disappointed to discover that the x2 weekend applies to ONLY Russian tier 6 tanks.  So we play this long drawn out event and our reward is to play the SAME TANKS for even longer to earn our reward.  That's demented.

Pakka77 #9 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 20:52

Corporal

• Players
  • 14731 battles
  • [CAMLT] CAMLT

@WOT

Could we find out what the Average Scores were...

I'd really like to know if I helped or harmed the USA :)

Xyhelm #10 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 21:01

Private

• -Players-
  • 12479 battles

I liked the event.  I also like these smaller events.  I especially like how it was "averaged" among the number of players participating!

However, I don't like how it was restricted to tier/nation.  Between 10 TIERS (which was fixed at 6) and 11 NATIONS (which we "fought" over), it is unlikely that many players would "win," which affects only Russia tier 6 AND only for those who had chosen Russia.

I imagine that you'll switch up the tiers if you do this in future.  Instead of nations, please have us fight over tank types.  That leaves a better chance to win: 1 in 6.

Garandster #11 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 21:10

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5830 battles
It was a cool event, my only complaint is the time brackets for the event. If a nation had an entire day it would be a lot easier to catch IMO. Maybe divide the nations into three groups and just repeat a pattern every three days (1st=A, 2nd=B, 3rd=C, 4th=A, etc.) that way you would have each nation getting different days of the week and give people 10 opportunities to play for their nation in a month (maybe a free for all day if there are 31 days that month?). I also think it would make for a more understandable format to run the event with simple groups getting an entire day.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #12 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 21:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7887 battles

View PostJambijon, on Apr 01 2019 - 19:53, said:

The event was just so boring tedious and complicated, i had no motivation to play on the weekend at all despite having 5+ hours of free time, it's just not worth the effort, 2x XP? seriously? what's the point if you had to use a Tier 6 tank to play the mission and by that point your grind is probably already over and you don't even need the XP anymore.

View PostDiomedesRS6, on Apr 01 2019 - 20:18, said:

I think it would have been foolish to choose any other nation than USSR, given this game's inherent bias both mechanically and jingoistically.

However, even if I had been less of a rebel (I chose Germany) I still would have wanted more of a reward to put a serious effort into the event.  If you would have offered us an MKA, or an M22 Locust, or a few female crew members, for example, I would have chosen USSR and I would have kept the times on my calendar to seriously play and try to win tokens.

As it was, when I learned that we get an x2 Weekend for Tier VI's Only -- well, I wiped those blocks right off of my calendar and played one match and was done with the event for good.

Agreed! if the reward were a female crew member then man i would've put in hardcore effort :D

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 01 2019 - 20:34, said:

Why not just have the time slot run from server reset to server reset on the day in question so that everyone could participate no matter their work/school/whatever schedule, why does these things end up being more complicated than they need to be ?

I couldn't believe how random the time slots were, it made no sense why there would be a limit of when you can play, one of the weirdest events i've seen.

rogombor #13 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 21:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21943 battles
  • [NBL] NBL

View PostWolfskrieger, on Apr 01 2019 - 16:22, said:

My opinion is that the reward was way too little to justify putting any serious effort into it. I would have gotten more clan members on board (For Germany) had we been given a Tier 6 premium of our choice for example. What kind of a reward is this anyway? Double XP who cares? Also, if there was a counter for who was in the lead etc, that would have been nice. All in all Wargaming, I rate this event as a 0/10. Absolutely pathetic effort. That's like completing a Tier X grind to be given x5 free Fire Extinguishers.

I care about the double XP, but being only for tier 6 it's useless.

pickpocket293 #14 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 21:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 33632 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
Feedback: there was waaaaay too much for me to keep track of or care about to participate much in this event. Ditch the time slots, don't make me hunt for info. If you want people to participate in events, make that easy to do.

ToothDecay #15 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 22:12

Major

• Players
  • 26959 battles
  • [NARC] NARC

View PostIceOtter, on Apr 01 2019 - 14:41, said:

I'm VERY disappointed to discover that the x2 weekend applies to ONLY Russian tier 6 tanks.  So we play this long drawn out event and our reward is to play the SAME TANKS for even longer to earn our reward.  That's demented.

+1

Powerage13 #16 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 22:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 48870 battles
  • [D--T] D--T
Thought it was nice. The times were a little bit confusing at first. The reward is my problem, Why not 2x xp on any tier or nation? This reward maybe okay for new players but doesn't help older players who are grinding upper tier tanks.

ephBomb #17 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 22:37

Sergeant

• Players
  • 35069 battles
  • [DMAG] DMAG

Give us the weekend whenever we want to use it. Not just when you say,5-8 April. I have to go see my Neurologist 2 times a year, for my Multiple Sclerosis. My appointments are made 6 months in advance. Guess when, of course She is in KC, and I live a  5 hr. drive away from there. Long story short I would like that time to take advantage of running the crap  out of my 2 meds that are training my T-44 crew!

Besides the reward is kinda chincy, we won we should have X2 on any tank we want to play. Any type any tier!

You guys asked for our opinion. Snide and smartass remarks by people who don't care ( think it's beneath there skill set) shouldn't even be posted. It sends bad juju to everyone who does care. Just saying... All the more reason for skill set MM.... we out

SpeedWeaponry #18 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 23:05

Sergeant

• Players
  • 47394 battles
  • [ICON-] ICON-

If you can't figure out how to do a counter to show who is in the lead, just skip these contests.  It's a waste of your time to create the contest and webpages and my time deciding that I'm not going to play any differently because of the contest. 

I hope I picked USSR, but I have no clue who I picked.

Anublister #19 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 23:31

Captain

• Players
  • 68636 battles
  • [--T--] --T--

The timed aspect was silly. I don't like scheduling like that. Limiting the reward to only playing tier 6 tanks is kinda dumb too. This tourney was way too complicated for the meager rewards given. Simplify it. Make it two groups of nations and use your brains grouping, e.g. group the lowest played tank nation with the highest and so on.

It's nice you're trying to get people playing and it's ok you focus a tourney around lower tier tanks. But you really need to make the game more fun to play. Either buff up all similar non-premium tanks to be at least as good as the Premiums you're selling, or nerf the premiums (OH NOES!).

I would ask to deal with skill mismatch but you'll just ignore that, so nm.

Rock_Johnson_ #20 Posted Apr 01 2019 - 23:51

Private

• -Players-
  • 14227 battles

THEЯE IS ИO ЯUSSIAИ BIAS IИ THIS GAME

ЯUSSIAИ TAИKS AЯE THE BEST!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users