Dev's reblance info - mod blocking, arty, maps, FL, XVM and much more...

Reblance notes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

heavymetal1967 #1 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 21:13

Major

• Players
  • 73197 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

OK folks there's a lot of info in both articles.  Putting some of the tidbits here. 

And remember the old saying "don't kill the messenger" as some of this stuff is gonna rile some folks up I imagine.

Empahsis on some things by me.

Source material.

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-developers-qa-march-2019/

https://thedailybounce.net/world-of-tanks/world-of-tanks-developers-qa-digest-other-info/

Spoilering for space.

Spoiler

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 73197 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Alright got it fixed.

Would post Blazing Saddles "The French Mistake" but it'd probably get me perma'd, so instead.

Spoiler

Edited by heavymetal1967, Apr 02 2019 - 21:53.

Devil__Anse #3 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 21:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 1810 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
#banxvm

3bagsfull #4 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 22:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

Every time I see that statement from WG about what the role of arty and the stun mechanic is for I just shake my head.  

They must think arty is this Tony Robbins figure, who just by putting a round next to a tank that isn't shooting at anyone and isn't actively engaged in the fight is suddenly going to transform him from the Cowardly Lion to the Lion King and make him active part of the game.   "You can do this, now go out there, show some teeth and show them whose boss - and take this with you!!!!"   Lulz.

It's like reading a classic cartoon strip, just not as funny.

commander42 #5 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 22:32

Major

• Players
  • 26905 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P
a lot to read, but some of those are definitely good things.  Other things are bad and very questionable decisions.

That1Villain #6 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 22:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 26581 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA
I mean at least the devs are trying to do something, they may not ever get it right but at least they're making an attempt which is more than some game devs can say *looks at EA*

ez_money #7 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 22:35

Captain

• Players
  • 15818 battles

This was the part of the article that caught my eye when they were talking about changes to the crew mechanic:

"We’re leaning towards leaving just one Commander for a tank who’ll represent an entire crew. However, it’s just a concept as of now. Right now, we don’t have an answer on how to rework and reimburse players who poured money and time into training Crew members."

It would be so nice to only have to deal with one crew member. But yeah, I know I personally have tons of gold invested in my crews from retraining, skill resets, etc, so...  But at least they made it so that you can change a crew member's personal information for free. I always thought it was ridiculous to have to pay gold to change something like their name or appearance, things that had no effect whatsoever on their effectiveness.

commander42 #8 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 22:47

Major

• Players
  • 26905 battles
  • [T-R-P] T-R-P

View Postez_money, on Apr 02 2019 - 16:35, said:

This was the part of the article that caught my eye when they were talking changes to the crew mechanic:

"We’re leaning towards leaving just one Commander for a tank who’ll represent an entire crew. However, it’s just a concept as of now. Right now, we don’t have an answer on how to rework and reimburse players who poured money and time into training Crew members."

It would be so nice to only have to deal with one crew member. But yeah, I know I personally have tons of gold invested in my crews from retraining, skill resets, etc, so...  But at least they changed so that you can change a crew member's personal information for free. I always thought it was ridiculous to have to pay gold to change something their name or appearance, things that had no effect whatsoever on their effectiveness.

that's something that concerned me too.  If they did it from the start of the game it would have been a great idea.  But removing crews that people spent years buildings is a very sticky situation. 

My idea to solving that would be to have each tank only require one crew member but allow the current max(and remove the need to have different qualifications). So that way people who already built a lot of crew members can still take advantage of them, but new players would only have to use one person and could train all the skills on one person.

Isola_di_Fano #9 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 22:49

Major

• Players
  • 24378 battles

Talking again about crew stuff.

Wasn't last time a fiasco of some sort ?

Years spent traning those crew going down the toilet ?

Isn't that an oversimplification similar to Blitz ?

Edited by Isola_di_Fano, Apr 02 2019 - 22:51.

PTwr #10 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 23:02

Major

• Players
  • 45522 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

Thanks for intel.

I am worried about size of derp nerfs. I wish WG would switch to small steps, repeated if needed to avoid overdoing it.

Crew issue is part of pay/time wall blocking new players from enjoying game, but I do admit feeling a bit protective about my horde of multi skill crews :] 

3bagsfull #11 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 23:07

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2713 battles

View PostPTwr, on Apr 02 2019 - 22:02, said:

Thanks for intel.

I am worried about size of derp nerfs. I wish WG would switch to small steps, repeated if needed to avoid overdoing it.

Crew issue is part of pay/time wall blocking new players from enjoying game, but I do admit feeling a bit protective about my horde of multi skill crews :] 

Crew issue isn't that big of a deal, especially if they reconsidered what the role of the lower tier tanks is for new players to begin with.    Boot Camp in large part should be extensive enough where they can grind out a crew or two for each nation - before ever actually playing a Random battle at all.    In fact, I have no idea why Tier I and II tanks are even in the tech tree - those should be turned into Boot Camp exclusive lines.    Start the Tech Tree with the current Tier III tanks - and you have even less lower tier matches you have to worry about finding bots/MM for.

Asassian7 #12 Posted Apr 02 2019 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 25494 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO
I didnt actually see anything I dont like in that entire post.

Im happy, maybe WoT will finally start going back uphill again. Fingers crossed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users