Overabundance of WG codes?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

SargeanTravis #1 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2345 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
Is it just me, or is WG deciding to do all their events and in-game activities with redemption codes now? I literally had to enter in codes for the On Track Mission and the Tank Mastery Missions, which I've never had to do before...

heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 20:20

Major

• Players
  • 69772 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Didn't know about the mastery missions...  ...off to enter another code.

Btw the tournaments and play your tank class right require codes too.

Desert_Fox_1969 #3 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 20:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 32971 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
People complained about the Missions overview. Squeaky wheel gets the grease so now everyone has to enter codes for missions they want to partake in. :sceptic:

War_is_Hell #4 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 20:22

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 34556 battles
  • [REL-V] REL-V
I didn't enter a code for the T-10 mastery mission and completed it yesterday no problem.

Atragon #5 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 20:24

Major

• Players
  • 42433 battles
We will soon have to enter a code to choose a tank or even enter the game. 

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:01

Major

• Players
  • 69772 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostWar_is_Hell, on Apr 03 2019 - 14:22, said:

I didn't enter a code for the T-10 mastery mission and completed it yesterday no problem.

Thanks, as I'm not seeing a code or even a page for them - at least yet.

DomoSapien #7 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:05

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14458 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

The codes for the Tank Class and On Track Missions are an experiment to try a new format, as a direct result of player feedback received indicating that all these missions are making the in-game Missions UI very cluttered. (I do agree with this, the Tank Class missions generally took a solid 2 or 3 seconds of scrolling to get past in-game)

We're definitely gathering all your feedback and we're definitely going to pass it on to the event guys. I see a lot of y'all are confused or frustrated with having to opt-in so definitely mentioning that with my feedback.

Generally, making an event be limited for those who opt-in via codes allows us to get more generous prizing approved for events, because less players are projected to participate overall (since there's no prizing going out to players who didn't opt in). That's why I was able to get away with giving away an absurd amount of Boosters for the Scavenger Hunt.

Edited by DomoSapien, Apr 03 2019 - 21:05.

toesave #8 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 23275 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

View PostSargeanTravis, on Apr 03 2019 - 19:18, said:

Is it just me, or is WG deciding to do all their events and in-game activities with redemption codes now? I literally had to enter in codes for the On Track Mission and the Tank Mastery Missions, which I've never had to do before...

ya what he said,, I assumed it was to track the players that really want to do them... rather then the ones that complete missions because of normal play.... do not like it at all no sir …. wearing out other keys on my keyboard  other then wsad and 2 and 1  f7 needs a vacation as well  at least we do not have to pay for the codes(yet)

owlgator #9 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:14

Captain

• Players
  • 15298 battles
  • [W--W] W--W

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 14:05, said:

The codes for the Tank Class and On Track Missions are an experiment to try a new format, as a direct result of player feedback received indicating that all these missions are making the in-game Missions UI very cluttered. (I do agree with this, the Tank Class missions generally took a solid 2 or 3 seconds of scrolling to get past in-game)

We're definitely gathering all your feedback and we're definitely going to pass it on to the event guys. I see a lot of y'all are confused or frustrated with having to opt-in so definitely mentioning that with my feedback.

Generally, making an event be limited for those who opt-in via codes allows us to get more generous prizing approved for events, because less players are projected to participate overall (since there's no prizing going out to players who didn't opt in). That's why I was able to get away with giving away an absurd amount of Boosters for the Scavenger Hunt.

Domo,

I think this is great and definitely appreciate the free stuff available throughout the year.  However, if the codes are starting to get used much more frequently, can we get the UI to display what codes are active for that account?  This would have been particularly useful during the scavenger hunts as my OCD caused me to re-enter some on multiple occasions and the rewards redemption page didn't change if you already had entered the code.

PapioTitan #10 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 44243 battles

While I never complained about it, I like the opt-in idea. The missions UI was cluttered and full of unwanted information. 

Feedback: when the missions tab indicates I have a NEW mission(s), highlight those missions within the missions tab.

Harvester_0f_Sorrow #11 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24677 battles
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-
Hate these stupid codes, I missed out on 50k of exp with the progetto mission because I didn't know about it soon enough. We should not have to check the news every day to partake in missions.

__WarChild__ #12 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 28298 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 14:05, said:

THANK YOU for listening to us and doing something about it!!

View PostPapioTitan, on Apr 03 2019 - 14:15, said:

While I never complained about it, I like the opt-in idea. The missions UI was cluttered and full of unwanted information. 

I complained.  A LOT.  I hate clutter from useless stuff - it's why I use Aslains to streamline my views.  SO HAPPY that they're trying to address the issue.

heavymetal1967 #13 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:38

Major

• Players
  • 69772 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 15:05, said:

I get the missions UI honestly I do because it's a bit cumbersome.  But Domo and this may be a little over the top, but to hopefully impart my point they're cutting their nose off to spite their face with this fix.

I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt on this one.  But  these codes are already getting old.

However the greed in me takes that "prize expansion" into account and I'll take a deeper breath.

Still, if no one beats me to it I'll put up a poll and link it or PM it to you and Jambijon - I see him in here now. ;)

SargeanTravis #14 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2345 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

View PostHarvester_0f_Sorrow, on Apr 03 2019 - 21:32, said:

Hate these stupid codes, I missed out on 50k of exp with the progetto mission because I didn't know about it soon enough. We should not have to check the news every day to partake in missions.

I don't think the On Track Missions last month required a code, I had access to them and I didn't need to copy paste anything

SargeanTravis #15 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 21:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2345 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 21:05, said:

I like the sound of more goodies, BTW thanks Domo for those February Boosters, I've been able to run one or two a play session without worrying about running out of them for the last month or so :coin:

And the missions tab is noticeably cleaner... especially after knocking out Tank Destroyer 101-401 with the Hetzer's 105 mm nuke cannon

Edited by SargeanTravis, Apr 03 2019 - 22:01.

MountainLion1 #16 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 22:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24374 battles
All these codes is another way of making this game so much Fuuuuun. 

DrWho_ #17 Posted Apr 03 2019 - 23:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 20359 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 21:05, said:

Well I think this is a rather silly way to deal with this issue, a small revision of the UI with better filtering option would have been a better way to do this in my opinion

However, seeing as the "play your tanks right" is one of the best things you've guys have added to this game during my time here as it gives you something to play for even when your team suck then if "opt in" secures it's future I'm aboard

Buttknuckle #18 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 00:55

Major

• Players
  • 49523 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 20:05, said:

The clunky inefficient UI created a general sense of apathy regarding missions among the player base.  At least among the players I mingle with, who've basically stopped bothering to check the mission tab. I have a hard time imagining that adding an extra step will rectify that. Its almost as if you are trying to discourage players to pursue missions.

redjkent #19 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 01:01

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 87437 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 20:05, said:

its sad that the feedback has been bad, i dont understand players that dont like missions witch are easy to complete and give you free stuff, just more complainers

stevezaxx #20 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 02:18

Captain

• Players
  • 39454 battles
  • [COD] COD

the problem isn't that there are missions with codes;

the problem isn't that there are missions without codes, the problem isnt that the mission UI is too cluttered;

the problem isn't that there are buttons in the UI that do things, and no explanation of what they do;

as someone who remembers taking screenshots of battle results a,d SENDING THEM IN to get a mission reward:

THERE ARE TOO MANY MISSIONS that not every tank can do!

there should be three missions :

did you win and survive? STUFF!!

did you score the most XP ? STUFF!!

did you score the most DAMAGE ? STUFF!!

every tier, every type every tank.... all the same missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users