Overabundance of WG codes?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

naejin #61 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 22:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55954 battles
  • [SHIRE] SHIRE
I also have been more annoyed at these opt in codes for what seems like a never ending cycle of thousands of codes (well it will get there in soon enough).  I believe WG made a mistake at deciphering the feedback of complainers.  Yes, a lot of people are dissatisfied with the clutter of the mission UI, but extremely few OCD players are complaining that they want their mission UI to look completely clean & empty (or for it to have 1 mission at a time to complete).  The solution to only give missions via opt-in codes was a miscalculated attempt to fix this.  The issue for most players is that the "new" mission UI is too bulky.  Many players preferred the old mission UI that was more streamlined and easier to see all the missions at once.  The "new" UI (which has been around for a while now) using more graphics in displaying things like rewards & uses a lot of formatting spaces which makes it very bulky for those who play on smaller screens & resolutions, such as laptop users.  I'm sorry to offend the UI gfx artists, but this largely falls on them.  They went for too much form, and didn't develop for the function of small screen users.  If WG has to keep the current UI, please consider making it opt-out.  That's my 2 cents.

Tokeda #62 Posted Apr 20 2019 - 23:27

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 32633 battles

Can I enter a single code to opt into everything for the lifetime of my account?

How about you have to enter a code to opt out of something rather than to sign up for it?

I want to play the damned game without having to watch a video, read a web page, whatever.

VinnyI82 #63 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 00:07

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 36506 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 15:05, said:

The codes for the Tank Class and On Track Missions are an experiment to try a new format, as a direct result of player feedback received indicating that all these missions are making the in-game Missions UI very cluttered. (I do agree with this, the Tank Class missions generally took a solid 2 or 3 seconds of scrolling to get past in-game)

We're definitely gathering all your feedback and we're definitely going to pass it on to the event guys. I see a lot of y'all are confused or frustrated with having to opt-in so definitely mentioning that with my feedback.

Generally, making an event be limited for those who opt-in via codes allows us to get more generous prizing approved for events, because less players are projected to participate overall (since there's no prizing going out to players who didn't opt in). That's why I was able to get away with giving away an absurd amount of Boosters for the Scavenger Hunt.

Or you guys could spruce up and go back to the OLD UI which was far superior to what we've been getting lately.

omi5cron #64 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 12:04

Major

• Players
  • 22322 battles
i agree with vinny...original mission UI was best...along with original store/depot setup.

SargeanTravis #65 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2345 battles
  • [FUBU] FUBU
lol I forgot I made this thread :P

Burning_Haggis #66 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:37

Captain

• Players
  • 45048 battles
  • [GIZMO] GIZMO

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 14:05, said:

The codes for the Tank Class and On Track Missions are an experiment to try a new format, as a direct result of player feedback received indicating that all these missions are making the in-game Missions UI very cluttered. (I do agree with this, the Tank Class missions generally took a solid 2 or 3 seconds of scrolling to get past in-game)

We're definitely gathering all your feedback and we're definitely going to pass it on to the event guys. I see a lot of y'all are confused or frustrated with having to opt-in so definitely mentioning that with my feedback.

Generally, making an event be limited for those who opt-in via codes allows us to get more generous prizing approved for events, because less players are projected to participate overall (since there's no prizing going out to players who didn't opt in). That's why I was able to get away with giving away an absurd amount of Boosters for the Scavenger Hunt.

So what you are effectively telling us, in no uncertain terms, is that WGNA only gives a [edited]about players who want to spend their time hunting up codes, and entering them, rather than playing the game.     Gee, thanks a whole bunch.   Glad to know just exactly what WGNA thinks of the majority of the playerbase, this sort of garbage is why WG gets it's reputation for being piss-poor to it's average player.

Exiledcrow #67 Posted Apr 21 2019 - 17:43

Major

• Players
  • 48665 battles

View PostBurning_Haggis, on Apr 21 2019 - 17:37, said:

So what you are effectively telling us, in no uncertain terms, is that WGNA only gives a [edited]about players who want to spend their time hunting up codes, and entering them, rather than playing the game.     Gee, thanks a whole bunch.   Glad to know just exactly what WGNA thinks of the majority of the playerbase, this sort of garbage is why WG gets it's reputation for being piss-poor to it's average player.

Was that news to you? It shouldn't be, you've been here long enough to know how little they care.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users