Gold Ammo Nerf, What About Premium Tanks?

Who Thought This Was Good Idea

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Burning_Haggis #41 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 06:18

Major

• Players
  • 46397 battles
  • [_WF_] _WF_

View PostDEADLY_WEAPON, on Apr 04 2019 - 19:14, said:

I am asking for my money back if WG nerfs my gold rounds. I did not buy these tanks with low alpha ammo. They can give my money back or I will look into a lawsuit. I paid for these tanks ! Don't alter them because the whiners like to complain.

lol, let us know how that works out for you.  I am sure we will all be waiting.

BlaqWolf #42 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 11:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 22774 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

Just flat out remove premium ammo entirely, done and gone.  The 2 key rage goes away.
For those tanks with woefully anemic guns (IS-6, KV-5, ect) just modify their standard ammo to be in line with other vehicles of their class/tier.

Armor once again means something - or perhaps too much on some vehicles like the v4, Types, Maus and the like.  That could be adjusted over time.  But not so much that it means completely nothing as it does today with a negligent tap of the 2 key.

Atragon #43 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 12:37

Major

• Players
  • 45265 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 14:50, said:

I might be wrong on this but fairly certain we have been taking the stance of "Premium Ammo is a global mechanic, and it's being changed globally, for all tanks, premium and non-premium." 

Theoretically every vehicle will be affected by the ammo rework, without exception. So the vehicles aren't being changed, the entire game is. Therefore your performance in premium vehicles, relative to all the other vehicles in the game, will theoretically be unchanged.

Furthermore we specifically gave ourselves a long runway for introducing these changes (after removing the ability to buy them with gold) so that all the premium ammo purchased with Gold would get used up before changing it - because we are changing the ammunition and not the vehicles themselves.

Domo could you get one answer for us please:

Why did they even go to premium ammo for credits to begin with ? I dont remember why that was honestly.

Smoked_Maple_Bacon #44 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 13:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15998 battles

View PostAtragon, on Apr 05 2019 - 12:37, said:

Domo could you get one answer for us please:

Why did they even go to premium ammo for credits to begin with ? I dont remember why that was honestly.

If i recall, back then non clan people complained about clanners being able to spam gold ammo for free while others paid for it with cash

I'd say the main reason was the number crunchers in WG realized they could make more money off selling Prem time/ accounts than prem ammo.

Atragon #45 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 13:22

Major

• Players
  • 45265 battles
  • [LARRY] LARRY

View PostSmoked_Maple_Bacon, on Apr 05 2019 - 07:06, said:

If i recall, back then non clan people complained about clanners being able to spam gold ammo for free while others paid for it with cash

I'd say the main reason was the number crunchers in WG realized they could make more money off selling Prem time/ accounts than prem ammo.

I don't think we ever go an honest answer. Why did they just not remove it from pubs ? This is the issue with this companay, they are always making changes for the worse to suit their earning that come back to bite them.

When you are up to your neck in alligators, it's easy to forget that the goal was to drain the swamp." 

Edited by Atragon, Apr 05 2019 - 13:27.

Pipinghot #46 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 13:45

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostAtragon, on Apr 05 2019 - 06:37, said:

Because originally you could buy premium ammo only with gold, and that made it a pay-2-win feature. By making premium rounds available for credits they became accessible to all players.

Edited by Pipinghot, Apr 05 2019 - 19:06.

BadCorps #47 Posted May 19 2019 - 01:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14328 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 03 2019 - 20:50, said:

I might be wrong on this but fairly certain we have been taking the stance of "Premium Ammo is a global mechanic, and it's being changed globally, for all tanks, premium and non-premium." 

Theoretically every vehicle will be affected by the ammo rework, without exception. So the vehicles aren't being changed, the entire game is. Therefore your performance in premium vehicles, relative to all the other vehicles in the game, will theoretically be unchanged.

Furthermore we specifically gave ourselves a long runway for introducing these changes (after removing the ability to buy them with gold) so that all the premium ammo purchased with Gold would get used up before changing it - because we are changing the ammunition and not the vehicles themselves.

Uh huh. Just like how AP and HEAT were removed from "all" artillery.

Oh wait....

buckschott #48 Posted May 19 2019 - 04:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19792 battles

Don't try to tell me they can't nerf a premium. They swung the bat hard at the Type 59 several times, changed it's preferred matchmaking so it saw tier 10s, and changed it's nationality from Russia (lend/lease) to the China line.

It is nothing near like what it was when I bought it.

Edited by buckschott, May 19 2019 - 04:13.

Also tagged with Who, Thought, This, Was, Good, Idea

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users