• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 21:41

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 14699 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Hey Tankers,

I've been seeing a lot of chatter about the fact that it's necessary to "Opt-in" to some of our monthly missions this time around. First off I'd like to let you know that your feedback is not falling of deaf ears. I've been keeping an eye on sentiment and will be sending a report to the event guys.

In the meantime, however, I did speak with them and get a bit of context as to why this whole "play 10 battles and get a credit refund" thing was introduced.

We've got the anniversary coming up the weekend after this next weekend, which will feature a 10% Tech Tree discount. So, if you were one of the unfortunate souls who found out the hard way that tech tree discounts aren't stackable within the in-game UI, you'll know that if you put two Tech Tree discounts on top of eachother, it simply negates the lower discount and gives you the bigger one.

With this Credit Refund, you're actually able to effectively stack them together for a total 25% discount. Pretty sweet, eh?

All of this said, if you're still not thrilled about the bonus code thing - it's not necessarily how we're going to be doing missions moving forward. It's sort of an experiment on our end so we can get some more unique data about missions, and what we can do to make them more useful to players. 

LpBronco #2 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 21:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 43817 battles
  • [TG] TG
Thanks Domo for trying to keep us in the loop as much as you do.

YANKEE137 #3 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 21:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 13851 battles
  • [6-ACR] 6-ACR

First off I'd like to let you know that your feedback is not falling of deaf ears. I've been keeping an eye on sentiment and will be sending a report to the event guys.

Edited by YANKEE137, Apr 04 2019 - 22:00.

Toefur #4 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 22:01

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 29799 battles
  • [ACC] ACC

I like the cash back format, and I hope that sticks around for future On Tracks. 

It's just the bonus code for missions change which I think will be problematic. Especially since I doubt everyone checks the web page every day to see what events are going on in game. It would suck to play the game for a few days and then check the site and find out you missed out on a mission you could have had fun doing.  Plus there's always the "Stuff" Happens aspect where codes don't work, website doesn't get updated until after the event starts, WG moves offices half way across the country, etc.

moogleslam #5 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 22:26

Major

• Players
  • 45589 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

Hi Domo!

There is some good and bad.  I actually just made a post about it here:  https://www.reddit.c...beyond/ek4c1ju/

EDIT:  About the discount stacking, two things.  1.  You're talking about a combined 25% discount, but we get a 30% discount for high tiers for On-Track.  2.  We've sometimes seen specials discounts applied to every tank of every tech tree, perhaps during an anniversary weekend/week, which are equal to On-Track discounts (30%), so again, 10% or a combined 25% is not that exciting.  I hope your 25% is wrong, and it's more than that, and I also certainly hope your 10% tech tree discount is a mistake too!

Edited by moogleslam, Apr 05 2019 - 13:59.

LeaveIT2Beaver #6 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 22:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 37234 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
You're a good guy, Domo

Insanefriend #7 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 22:57

Captain

• Players
  • 45393 battles

I like the changes, though I have a friend that does not.  I think the changes are better for players that play more then those that just unlock the next tank then wait for the discount.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #8 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 22:57

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8040 battles
i really like this different style on-track, definitely a great idea that for players who already own the tanks we can get credits for basically free, just by playing battles, at first i thought this on track was no good for me since i'm down the whole line already and have the T28 Prot, but i was happily wrong! i really wish i hadn't sold the Hellcat and T25/2 right now lol! :D i'm glad that they found a nice workaround to not being able to stack the tech tree holiday discounts, there's only one drawback to having this instead of discounted tanks and it's that higher tier tanks had a huge discount, 1 million+ credits, and without it i wouldn't have been able to afford some tanks, but like you said this is a sort of experiment and i'm sure they'll take that into account.

pickpocket293 #9 Posted Apr 04 2019 - 23:10

Captain

• -Players-
  • 34082 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

I like the idea of the change, which is to get people to play the tanks in the featured line. This also incentivises people to keep more tanks in their garage, and it rewards players who don't have the tanks as well as players who already have the tanks. It also makes it not worthwhile to wait for discounts on the tanks in a line to buy them, because you're buying them for full price anyway...

The only drawbacks are 1) that you need to have more credits upfront and 2) that there's a certain time commitment required to maximize your benefit from having many tanks in each line. I think that the 10 battle requirement is fine, but if they lowered it to 5 that would be fine also.

Overall, I'm pretty lukewarm on this change. I think it's a good change, but not too different from what we had (which is fine). This is the definition of incremental improvement, IMO.

Burning_Haggis #10 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:48

Major

• Players
  • 45496 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

Opt in is just flat silly.

So many times the descriptions are so misserable in any given WG event that they are not worth the effort to read. With multiples going on it is even more confusing. 

It's easy to just let the missions happen, and enjoy the game.  Who the hell wants to spend 15 minutes trying to understand those terrible google-translate descriptions.   I am here to play some tanks, if I wanted to pick my way through poor grammar, and incorrect sentence structure to decipher the meaning of any given paragraph, I would be a 7th grade English teacher.

cavalry11 #11 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 00:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49162 battles
  • [11BAT] 11BAT
It is different but not really that bad. Once I figured it out I think it will be enjoyable.

makalu2k6 #12 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 01:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 68042 battles
  • [CHKRA] CHKRA

I do not have problem with the current format but 10 games is good 2 hours of play once you buy the tank. Can you guys make it 5 games or even less if possible. You just grind the tank and buy it and then you need to run it again for 2 hours to get the credits really sucks. 

On other note I do not mind adding the on track events automatically with out codes.

Even a better solution would be in the mission tab GUI settings you can have a universal flag where add missions automatically turn on/off. If turned on then add all the missions automatically. If it's off then it's up to the individuals to go get the codes they want and add them. 

Few people make too much noise and suddenly I need to go find all these codes for all these missions every month or every 15 days is really messed up solution. I bet most people like the old way where you add them automatically so we don't have to waste time. 

my 2 cents.   

JohnnyFave #13 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 01:11

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55146 battles

Wow... having to type in a code for OnTrack?

Way to go, adding a gate in order to play game events... "real smart."

RoyalGreenPC #14 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 03:33

Captain

• Players
  • 23237 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 04 2019 - 16:41, said:

All of this said, if you're still not thrilled about the bonus code thing - it's not necessarily how we're going to be doing missions moving forward. It's sort of an experiment on our end so we can get some more unique data about missions, and what we can do to make them more useful to players. 

I like the new on-track format, it's actually pretty cleverly designed. Most people complaining can't fully comprehend how it works.. 10 games are fine IMO, with no win/top 10 by XP requirement.

The opt-in codes are a bit controversial, but maybe you could make a page containing all current mission codes for people to find so it's easier for them? And make pop ups in-game as well so players who don't check the website can know about missions too.

TommyBuns #15 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 07:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 17708 battles

View PostDomoSapien, on Apr 04 2019 - 15:41, said

With this Credit Refund, you're actually able to effectively stack them together for a total 25% discount. Pretty sweet, eh?

Only thing is, with the old On Track, you got a 50% off discount up to tier 5, then 30% off up to tier 10.

_Ayreon_ #16 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 13:57

Captain

• Players
  • 52070 battles
  • [NOBA] NOBA

View PostTommyBuns, on Apr 05 2019 - 07:49, said:

Only thing is, with the old On Track, you got a 50% off discount up to tier 5, then 30% off up to tier 10.

Don't forget tier III to tier VI premium tanks as a top reward and gold compensation if you already had them!!!!!! 

(All was great back in the day when on tracks actually had meaning and gave you motivation to play them, and when tankrewards were still a thing, while tournies gave you great gold payouts)

FMC4728 #17 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 14:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 27896 battles

Back when the reward for ontrack included premium T5 and T6 tanks I would always look to complete them, whether I already had the reward tank or not.  If had the reward tank would get gold if not would get a premium tank I was likely to use and a chance at gold on a future ontrack.  Kept me playing ... a lot!!  Probably more than I should have been.  When the gold compensation was stopped I stopped playing.  Then tank rewards came along.  I started playing - liked it better than ontrack with gold compensation.  Tank rewards stopped, I stopped playing.  Began playing again, can't remember why, probably for the Holiday events.  Recently have thought about trying to do the ontrack missions again ... then comes this, code to activate, discount applied after playing 10 games.  Cold on it again.  For people who don't have a lot of garage space and a lot of credits this is not a good change.  Have to think most of the community fits this description - not a lot of garage space, not a lot of credits.  With April's version of the ontrack, If I'm looking for that next tank in the line, now I need to ensure I have the credits to buy it a full price, a crew for it, equipment, etc to play 10 games to get the discount.  Previously I could buy the tank, leave it in my garage, and play it when I had a crew in decent shape for it, equipment, etc.  With April version of ontrack, unlikely I will be buying the next tank unless I'm ready to play it.  So I play the tanks I already have in that line, assuming I have crew/equipment ready, to get the credits, and leave it at that.  No incentive to play anymore than that, sorry the Locust isn't enough incentive.

An aside, inexperienced players may try to play their new tank with poor crew, no equipment, just to get the credits back.  Fairly certain their gaming experience for those 10 games or more will be poor.

Regarding the codes, agree with the majority of folks saying is cumbersome, an impediment.  Also agree that the easy solution is collapse the missions in the client.  Do that, collapse the missions in the client, and do away with needing to enter codes to activate missions.  Your player base will be more enthused about getting a reward they may have not even known was available to them by completing a mission they didn't know was in play.  I have a friend who plays regularly.  Free time he has is to play.  He doesn't have time to keep up with all the changes, entering codes, etc.  I told him about the codes otherwise he wouldn't have known.

Keep your player base playing.  Don't take time away from that to find and enter codes.  Keep them enthused by giving them rewards from time to time.  Don't exclude them from these rewards because they don't know that they need to enter codes.  Most ppl who play don't keep up with the WoT web page, my guess is less are on the forums.

Thanks for considering this feedback and sorry for the long post.  My longest ever, felt the need to speak up.

DrWho_ #18 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 17:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 22930 battles
Not crazy about the opt in code thing but I like the cash back format

rockbutcher #19 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 20:28

Captain

• -Players-
  • 22266 battles
  • [-OPS-] -OPS-

View PostDrWho_, on Apr 05 2019 - 11:46, said:

Not crazy about the opt in code thing but I like the cash back format

This^

Thanks WG for the 3M+ creds I've gained from this on-track, simply by running a series of TDs 10x each.

Crypticshock #20 Posted Apr 05 2019 - 20:58

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 19221 battles
  • [TROBS] TROBS

While the new On-Track format doesn't give you the same savings as before with the discounts - what this new format does is allow you to get more credits than what the tanks are worth 'over time'. Like the tanks right now you get 50% cash back on - the next time the line goes on sale you get cash back again. You are now at 100% cash back. Any time after that if it goes On Track again - you are being paid for buying the tank.

If they ever change the crew system AND you keep your training on tanks - you can keep tanks around and play them every On Track without retraining ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users